Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Krsna's Eating"
The following 77 pages are in this category, out of 77 total.
- After offering the pulp, he meditates outside the temple door. In the meantime, Lord Krsna, having eaten the pulp, leaves the plate empty
- After taking supper and thinking of the next day's program, He (Krsna) very peacefully took rest. Thus He passed the night there
- Although Lord Krsna is the supreme enjoyer and the beneficiary of all kinds of sacrificial ceremonies, He still used to eat with His cowherd boyfriends. This is because at that time He accepted the pastimes of an ordinary boy
- Although Sri Gopala ate everything offered, still, by the touch of His transcendental hand, everything remained as before
- Another day, when Krsna and Balarama were playing with Their friends, all the boys joined Balarama and complained to mother Yasoda that Krsna had eaten clay
- Any part of the world, anybody can secure and offer to Krsna. "Krsna, I have nothing to offer You, I am very poor. Please accept this." Krsna will accept. Krsna says, tad aham asnami, "I eat." So main thing is bhakti, affection, love
- Arjuna said to Lord Krsna: I have dishonored You many times, jesting as we relaxed, lay on the same bed, or sat or ate together, sometimes alone and sometimes in front of many friends. O infallible one, please excuse me for all those offenses
- At that moment (when Krsna was eating at Pandava's place) all of the sages accompanying Durvasa were taking bath in the river, and when Krsna felt satisfaction from eating Draupadi's offering, they also felt satisfaction, and their hunger was gone
- Constantly, if we worship, then Krsna's form is always impressed - I can see Krsna any time. If I close my eyes, I will see Krsna, how Krsna is nicely dressed. I see Krsna is very pleasingly eating what I have prepared with devotion, bhaktya
- Cook one kilo of rice daily and offer it. I shall eat that rice and follow behind you
- Don’t eat anything which is not eaten by Krsna - your tongue becomes your most intimate friend. And don’t talk anything except Krsna. If you follow these two principles, Krsna will be within your grip
- Draupadi offered Him a container in which there was only a little fragment of some vegetable preparation, and Krsna at once ate it
- If Krishna would have eaten meat, we would have also eaten His meat Prasadam. We are concerned with Krishna Prasadam
- If you offer something, Krsna, simply by seeing, He is eating. That is Krsna. And again if you say, "If He is eating, why the plate is full?" that is Krsna
- If you say, "Why Krsna is eating by the eyes?" yes, that is Krsna. That is Krsna. If you offer something, Krsna, simply by seeing, He is eating. That is Krsna. And again if you say, "If He is eating, why the plate is full?" that is Krsna
- If you take prasadam, Krsna will not eat everything. He will eat, and He will leave for you also. So don't be afraid
- In His own pastimes in Vrndavana, when Krsna used to eat on the bank of the Yamuna and sit in the center of His friends, every one of the cowherd boys would perceive that Krsna was looking at him
- In Vrndavana You also have Your father's elder brothers, Your father's younger brothers, maternal uncles, husbands of Your father's sisters and many cowherd men. There are also cowherd boyfriends, and You eat twice a day, morning and evening
- Indeed, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya continued, "at the Govardhana-puja ceremony You ate stacks of rice. In comparison to that, this small quantity is not even a morsel for You"
- It is not that Krsna does not eat or that we imagine that He eats; He actually eats, but His eating is different from ours
- It was in this relationship that Krsna's mother, Yasoda, told the Lord, "Here, eat this or You'll die. Eat nicely." In this way Krsna, although the proprietor of everything, depends on the mercy of His devotee
- Krsna eats all these things. Patram puspam phalam toyam, vegetables, liquid things, water, milk, and so many other things, grains. So you offer to Krsna
- Krsna is not a hungry man like me, that "If you give Me something, I will eat everything, finished." No. Krsna can take the whole plate; still it will remain the whole plate, for giving prasadam
- Krsna is the enjoyer of sacrificial offerings. Yet although His Lordship eats the oblations offered in the fire, my dear King, He is still more satisfied when nice food made of grains and ghee is offered to Him through the mouths of qualified brahmanas
- Krsna is the Supersoul of all living creatures, so He could understand the mind of Satya. He was also very much pleased with the respectful worship of the King in offering Him a sitting place, eatables, a residence and so on
- Krsna replied, "If you think they are truthful, then you can look within My mouth to see whether I have eaten clay or not." His mother (Yasoda) replied, "All right, if You have actually not eaten any clay, then just open Your mouth. I shall see"
- Krsna said, "If a devotee offers Me the most insignificant things a little flower, a little piece of leaf, a little water but saturates the offering in devotional love, then not only do I gladly accept such an offering, but I eat it with great pleasure"
- Krsna says, patram puspam phalam toyam yo me bhaktya prayacchati: "Anyone who offers Me with love and affection vegetables, grains, milk, I eat." So if there is any sin for eating vegetables, that is Krsna's sin, not our sin. We take the prasadam
- Krsna says, patram puspam phalam: "If you are poor man, all right, you give Me little fruit, little flower, little water, I'll eat it." Then what do you want more? Or if you cannot do anything, chant Hare Krsna
- Krsna's hearing the devotee's words of love in offering foodstuffs is wholly identical with His eating and actually tasting. This point should be emphasized: because of His absolute position, His hearing is wholly identical with His eating and tasting
- Krsna, "My dear friend (Sudama), what have you brought for Me? Has your wife given you some nice eatable for Me?” While addressing His friend, Lord Krsna looked upon him and smiled with great love"
- Krsna, having been interrupted in His business of sucking the breast, was very angry. He took a piece of stone, broke the churning pot and entered a room, where He began to eat the freshly churned butter
- Lord Krsna knew that Sudama was hesitating to present Him with the paltry chipped rice, which was actually unfit for His eating
- Lord Sri Krsna replied: My dear mother (Yasoda), I have never eaten dirt. All My friends complaining against Me are liars. If you think they are being truthful, you can directly look into My mouth and examine it
- No third-class thing for Krsna. All first-class. The gopis must be first class, the dress must be first-class, the eating foodstuff must be first-class, the sitting place must be first-class, more than first-class
- Nor is there any difference between the action of one part of His body & that of another. His hands can act as His legs, His eyes can act as His ears, or His nose can act as another part of His body. Krsna's smelling & eating & hearing are all the same
- On hearing this, mother Yasoda caught hold of Krsna's hand and said, "My dear Krsna, why have You eaten earth in a solitary place? Just see, all Your friends, including Balarama, are complaining about You"
- One friend challenged Krsna thus: "My dear friend Damodara, You are an expert only in eating. You have defeated Subala only because he is weak and You adopted cheating means"
- Only the devotee, who accepts Krsna as He describes Himself, without interpretation, can understand that the Supreme Absolute Truth can eat food and enjoy it
- Our eating process will be similar to His when we are completely on the spiritual platform. On that platform every part of the body can act on behalf of any other part
- Our philosophy is that we prepare nice foodstuff and we offer to Krsna, and after He has eaten, then we take it. That is our philosophy. We don't take anything which is not offered to Krsna
- Our point is we take foodstuff offered to Krsna, and whatever Krsna eats, that is our foodstuff
- Sage said, "None of the kings present here, even the members of the Yadu dynasty, who constantly mingle with You (Krsna), eat with You and sit with You, can understand that You are the original cause of all causes"
- She then began to wonder who had eaten all that food. 'Why is the plate empty?' she wondered, doubting that Bala-gopala had eaten it all
- Sometimes, after eating the pulp, Krsna fills the plate again with new pulp. In this way, the faith of Raghava Pandita increases, and he floats in an ocean of love
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "These are remnants of food that Krsna has eaten and thus turned to nectar with His lips. It surpasses heavenly nectar, and even such demigods as Lord Brahma find it difficult to obtain"
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells King Pariksit:, "My dear King, although Lord Krsna is the supreme enjoyer and the beneficiary of all kinds of sacrificial ceremonies, He still used to eat with His cowherd boy friends"
- The boys collected flowers, leaves of flowers and the bark of trees and placed their lunch on them, as well as in their boxes, and thus they began to eat their lunch, keeping company with Krsna
- The boys said, "All of us are very hungry; therefore, we have come to you (the wives of the brahmanas) for some food. Please give us something to eat for Krsna, Balarama and ourselves"
- The food offered to Krsna is qualitatively as good as Krsna; just as Krsna is avyaya, indestructible, the food eaten by Krsna, being identical with Him, remains as before
- The form of Krsna who began to eat the offerings was separately constituted, and Krsna Himself, along with the other inhabitants of Vrndavana, offered obeisances to the Deity as well as Govardhana Hill
- The inhabitants of the higher planets were astonished at how the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who eats only when yajna is offered, was now eating like an ordinary child with His friends in the forest
- The Lord immediately picked about two hundred fruits, and after washing them He offered them to Krsna to eat
- The Lord says that if one brings such an offering in devotion, He will accept it and eat it. When Krsna eats, the entire world becomes satisfied
- The philosophy underlying Krsna's eating is understandable by our transcendental senses
- Then Krsna began to eat all the food offered there. The identity of Krsna and Govardhana Hill is still honored, and great devotees take rocks from Govardhana Hill and worship them exactly as they worship the Deity of Krsna in the temples
- Thereafter, Raghava Pandita had other coconuts gathered, cleansed and clipped, and with great attention he offered them to the Deity to eat
- These descriptions of Lord Krsna's pastimes with His cowherd boys, His eating with them on the bank of the Yamuna, and Lord Brahma's prayers unto Him are all transcendental subject matters
- They (Krsna and Balarama) were given palatable dishes by Their mothers (Yasoda and Rohini), and They pleasantly ate everything. After eating, They were seated nicely on clean bedding, and the mothers began to sing various songs of Their activities
- They (Krsna's friends) were very jubilant and invited Him, "Dear friend Krsna, You have come back so quickly! All right, we have not as yet begun our lunch, not even taken one morsel of food. So please come and join us, and let us eat together"
- "We (the cowherd boys) have come to ask for some food from you. You are all brahmanas and knowers of religious principles, and if you think that you should give us charity, then give us some food, and we shall all eat along with Krsna and Balarama"
- We can touch only with our hands or skin, but Krsna can touch just by glancing. We can see only with our eyes; we cannot touch or smell with them. Krsna, however, can smell and also eat with His eyes
- When all the Vaisnavas were chanting the holy names "Hari, Hari" and eating, they remembered how Krsna and Balarama ate with Their companions the cowherd boys on the bank of the Yamuna
- When food is offered to Krsna, we do not see Him eating, but He eats simply by glancing at the food. We cannot imagine how things work in the spiritual world, where everything is spiritual
- Whereas an impersonalist tries to avoid good eatables, a devotee knows that Krsna is the supreme enjoyer and that He eats all that is offered to Him in devotion
- While eating, Krsna was thinking, "These boys believe that I have come back within a second, but they do not know that for the last year I have been involved with the mystic activities of Lord Brahma"
- While Gopala followed the young brahmana, the tinkling sound of His ankle bells could be heard. The brahmana became very pleased, and he cooked first-class rice for Gopala to eat
- While Krsna & Balarama & Their friends were eating, they watched the cows, calves & bulls. The cows appeared to be a little tired from standing with their heavy milk bags. By sitting and chewing grass, they became happy, and Krsna was pleased to see them
- While Lord Krsna was speaking to Sudama Vipra, He ate one morsel of chipped rice from his bundle, and when He attempted to eat a second morsel, Rukminidevi, the goddess of fortune herself, checked the Lord by catching hold of His hand
- Yasoda and Rohini chanted: When You (Krsna) are sitting, may Lord Narayana give You all protection; and while You are eating, may the Lord of all sacrifices give You all protection
- Yasoda had asked Krsna to open His mouth wide just to see whether He had eaten dirt. But when Krsna opened His mouth, she saw not only the entire earth, but also many other planets within His mouth. This caused a standing up of the hair on her body
- You should be satisfied whatever Krsna has allotted to you. Therefore we are training our devotees to take Krsna-prasadam. Whatever Krsna has willfully left after His eating, we take it