Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna Is in His Deity (13 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Deity"
The following 114 pages are in this category, out of 114 total.
- A big stone was made into a throne, and the Deity was installed upon it. Another big stone was placed behind the Deity for support
- A center without a Deity can be closed, but a center with a Deity if closed it is a great offense. The Deity is not an idol; it is Krsna. We cannot say to Krsna personally, now go away
- A devotee is confident that whatever he offers to the Deity in full devotional service is accepted by the Lord (Krsna), but a demon wants to see his worshipable deity face to face so that he can directly take the benediction
- According to the Deity's directions, the priest found the pot of sweet rice behind the cloth curtain. He removed the pot and mopped up the place where it had been kept. He then went out of the temple
- After all inauspicious things were driven away by the chanting of the mantra, the Deity's bathing ceremony started. First the Deity was massaged with a large quantity of oil, so that His body became very glossy
- After arati was performed for the Deities in the temple, Lord Krsna was made to lie down to rest. Advaita Acarya then came out to submit something to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- After having this dream, Madhavendra Puri Gosvami became very glad due to ecstasy of love of Godhead, and in order to execute the command of the Lord, he started east toward Bengal
- After taking baths at different bathing places along the river Yamuna, such as Kesi-ghata and Kaliya-ghata, the pilgrims visited the temple of Gopala. Afterwards, they took rest in that temple
- After taking rest, the Deity must be awakened at the end of the day, and immediately some food and some water must be offered to Him
- After the arati was finished, Madhavendra Puri offered his obeisances to the Deity and then left the temple. He did not say anything more to anyone
- After the body of the Deity was cleansed, He was dressed very nicely with new garments. Then sandalwood pulp, tulasi garlands and other fragrant flower garlands were placed upon the body of the Deity
- After the maha-snana was finished, the Deity was again massaged with scented oil and His body made glossy. Then the last bathing ceremony was performed with scented water kept within a conchshell
- After the meeting, the young brahmana started for Vrndavana. Upon arriving there, he first offered his respectful obeisances to the Deity and then narrated everything in full detail
- After they had cleansed the body of the Deity, some of them said, "The Deity is very heavy. No single person can move Him"
- After winning the Manikya throne, King Purusottama-deva took it to Jagannatha Puri and presented it to Lord Jagannatha. In the meantime, he also established regular worship of the Gopala Deity at Kataka
- All servant, we are. Somebody is engaged in dressing the Deity. Somebody is engaged in preparing nice foodstuff for Deity. Somebody is making flower garlands. Somebody is going to distribute literature to make people understand the glories of Krsna
- As soon as the people of the village had understood that the Deity was going to be installed, they had brought their entire stocks of rice, dhal & wheat flour. They brought such large quantities that the entire surface of the top of the hill was filled
- At that time I concentrated my mind and requested the brahmana to make the promise before the Gopala Deity
- Caitanya continues, "Although Madhavendra Puri did not have a farthing with him, he was not afraid to pass by the toll officers. His only enjoyment was in carrying the load of sandalwood to Vrndavana for Gopala"
- Caitanya continues, "Although Madhavendra Puri was hungry, he would not beg food to eat. This renounced person carried a load of sandalwood for the sake of Sri Gopala"
- Caitanya continues, "Sri Gopala wanted to show how intensely Madhavendra Puri loved Krsna; therefore He asked him to go to Nilacala to fetch sandalwood and camphor"
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu next arrived at Udupi, the place of Madhvacarya, where the philosophers known as Tattvavadis resided. There He saw the Deity of Lord Krsna and became mad with ecstasy
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu walked with the Deity of Gopala, and He chanted and danced. A large and jubilant crowd of people also chanted the transcendental name of Krsna, "Hari! Hari"
- Caitanya says, "In the provinces of India governed by the Muslims, there was much inconvenience in traveling with sandalwood and camphor. Because of this, Madhavendra Puri might have gotten into trouble. This became known to the Gopala Deity"
- Caitanya says, "The Lord is very merciful and attached to His devotees, so when Gopinatha was covered with sandalwood pulp, Madhavendra Puri's labor became successful"
- Childhood and boyhood are the typical ages of the Deity. Krsna, the son of Maharaja Nanda, performed His pastimes as a child and as a boy
- Finally Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami offers his blessings to his readers in the name of the Gopinatha Deity, who is Krsna as master and proprietor of the gopis
- Finishing his daily duties, the priest went to take rest. In a dream he saw the Gopinatha Deity come to talk to him, and He spoke as follows
- Follow the Deity or the spiritual master and (16) visit different places of pilgrimage or go see the Deity in the temple
- Following the regulative principles of mahabhiseka, Maharaja Ambarisa performed the bathing ceremony for the Deity of Lord Krsna with all paraphernalia, and then he dressed the Deity with fine clothing, ornaments, fragrant flower garlands
- Going into South India, Sri Madhavendra Puri visited Remuna, where Gopinatha is situated. Upon seeing the beauty of the Deity, Madhavendra Puri was overwhelmed
- Govinda is the reservoir of all pleasures. When by the grace of Krsna and the devotees one reaches perfection in devotional service, he can appreciate Krsna as Gopijana-vallabha, the pleasure Deity of the damsels of Vraja
- He engaged his eyes in seeing the Deity of Krsna, Krsna's temples and Krsna's places like Mathura and Vrndavana, he engaged his sense of touch in touching the bodies of the Lord's devotees
- He is the supreme worshipable Deity of all living entities. He is the supreme cause, represented as the male and female creative energies. Although different from this universe, He exists in His universal form (virat-rupa)
- His eyes in seeing the Deity of Lord Krsna in the temple, his body in embracing Vaisnavas or touching their lotus feet, his nostrils in smelling the aroma of the tulasi leaves offered to Krsna's lotus feet, his tongue in tasting food offered to Krsna
- I beg to acknowledge receipt of the following presentation for my Lord Sri Sri Radha Krsna. One handkerchief cloth finely embroidered in colors for offering with Aratrik, one set of clothes for the Deities, and ISKCON bullets - sweetballs
- I beg to inform you that the two pairs of Radha Krishna Deities have arrived in Bombay from Jaipur. So out of the four Deities, two of Krishna and two of Radharani, one Deity of Radharani is broken by the hand
- I thank you very much for the beautiful ornaments that you have so kindly sent for my Deities. Immediately upon receipt of them I have placed these ornaments upon Sri Sri Radha Krishna, and they are looking very gorgeous
- I want to know what it would cost to have Kaliya-Krsna Deity (with four mermaids offering prayers, Nagapatnis), and also Radha-Krishna with Lalita and Visakha, and also Guru and Gauranga?
- If the sandalwood pulp is smeared over the body of Gopinatha, then Gopala will be cooled. After all, the Supreme Personality of Godhead is completely independent; His order is all-powerful
- In his childhood he (Maharaja Pariksit) worshiped the Deity of Lord Krsna, and later, although he was a householder, he was always detached
- In the corridor of the temple, from which people generally viewed the Deity, Madhavendra Puri chanted and danced. Then he sat down there and asked a brahmana what kinds of foods they offered to the Deity
- In the Dvaraka-mahatmya the importance of dancing before the Deity is stated by Lord Krsna
- In the Varaha Purana, also, there is a statement praising the touching of the Deity of Sri Krsna in the temple
- In your country, the Deity should not go without shirt. Gaura-Nitai may wear turbans. Nothing should be offered to Krishna unless it is prepared by the devotees themselves
- It is stated: "Any person who comes before the Deity of Lord Krsna and begins to chant different prayers is immediately relieved from all the reactions of sinful activities and becomes eligible, without any doubt, to enter into the Vaikuntha-loka"
- It was Gopinatha who stole condensed milk for the sake of Madhavendra Puri. This incident had been previously related by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu Himself
- Mad with ecstatic love, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began to dance before the Harideva Deity. Hearing of the Lord's wonderful activities, all the people came to see Him
- Madhavendra Puri left the temple and sat down in the village marketplace, which was vacant. Sitting there, he began to chant. In the meantime, the temple priest laid the Deity down to rest
- Madhavendra Puri wanted to leave Jagannatha Puri because the people were honoring him as a great devotee; however, this threatened to hinder his collecting sandalwood for the Gopala Deity
- Madhvacarya brought this dancing Gopala Deity to Udupi and installed Him in the temple. To date, the followers of Madhvacarya, known as Tattvavadis, worship this Deity
- Madhvacarya had somehow or other acquired the Deity of Krsna from a heap of gopi-candana that had been transported in a boat
- Maharaja Ambarisa's tongue was engaged in two ways: in speaking about Krsna and in tasting prasada offered to the Deity
- Maharaja Pariksit, the grandson of the Pandavas, was from his very childhood a great devotee of the Lord. Even while playing with dolls, he used to worship Lord Krsna by imitating the worship of the family Deity
- Meditation means as you see the form of Krsna, and whenever you go, the impression of the form will be within your eyes, and if you think of Krsna, your life is succesful. Therefore the Deity of Krsna should be seen
- Not only is Krsna the supreme worshipful Deity for all living entities, but He is also the guru, or caittya-guru, the Supersoul, who always gives the living entity good counsel
- Now we are going to install nice Radha-Krsna Deities here in our new Letchmore Heath Temple on Janmastami Day, August 22nd 1973
- O creator of the universe, You are our mother, well-wisher, Lord, father, spiritual master and worshipable Deity. By following in Your footsteps we have become successful in every respect. We pray, therefore, that You continue to bless us with Your mercy
- One must render personal service to the Deities
- One should (23) attend arati and festivals, (24) see the Deity, (25) present what is very dear to oneself to the Deity, (26) meditate on the Deity, and (27-30) serve those related to the Lord
- One should not sit before the Deity holding the ankles, elbows or knees with his hands. 10) One should not lie down before the Deity of Krsna. 11) One should not accept prasadam before the Deity. 12) One should never speak a lie before the Deity
- Regarding a cover picture for Krishna Consciousness-the Topmost Yoga, I think you can make a picture of a devotee sitting cross-legged chanting japa before Radha Krsna Deities
- Rupa Gosvami's instruction, One should carefully avoid the various offenses in chanting the holy name of the Lord, or in worshiping the Deity in the temple
- Since the Deity was very heavy, some of the stronger men assembled to carry Him to the top of the hill. Madhavendra Puri also went there
- Sri Madhavendra Puri did not eat anything throughout the day, but at night, after laying the Deity down to rest, he took a milk preparation
- Strong, puffed-up cotton pads called tulis were spread out from the throne to the car, and the heavy Deity of Lord Jagannatha was carried from one pillowlike pad to the next by the dayitas
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells King Pariksit, "He (Krsna) is the supreme worshipable Deity for the devotee, and He is just like an ordinary boy to one who is under the spell of maya"
- Sukadeva Gosvami's recommendation to leave home and go to the forest in search of Krsna is not for immature persons. Maharaja Pariksit was mature. Even in his householder life, or from the very beginning of his life, he worshiped Lord Krsna's murti
- The beauty of the Gopala Deity stole away their minds, and feeling great happiness, they remained there for two or four days
- The best purpose of human life can be fulfilled by worshiping the sad-bhuja-murti, the form of the Lord with six arms-two arms of Ramacandra, two arms of Krsna and two arms of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The brahmana priest said, "In the evening the Deity is offered sweet rice in twelve earthen pots. Because the taste is as good as nectar (amrta), it is named amrta-keli"
- The ceremony should be observed by chanting Hare Krishna before the fire, offering the clarified butter with the word Saha, and the bride and groom should exchange their garlands before the Lord Krishna deity and promise not to be separated in life
- The Deity of the Lord and the Lord Himself are identical. Krishna can act through the Deity perfectly. As I have given several times the example, the mailbox can act perfectly as the post office because it is authorized
- The devotees saw that both Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Gopala were brilliantly effulgent and had eyes like lotuses. They were both absorbed in ecstasy, and both Their faces resembled full moons
- The inhabitants of the village brought to the Deity of Gopala as much food grains, ghee, yogurt and milk as they had in their village
- The Lord (Krsna) was for them (the Pandavas) the Supreme Lord, the spiritual master, the worshipable Deity, the guide, the chariot driver, the friend, the servant, the messenger and everything they could conceive of
- The Lord Jagannatha Deity was bound at the waist by a strong, thick rope made of silk. From two sides the dayitas caught hold of this rope and raised the Deity
- The name Damodara was given to Krsna when He was bound with ropes by His mother, but the Damodara form who is the predominating Deity of the month of October–November is a different manifestation
- The next morning, the rendering of service to the Deity began again, and people from one village arrived with all kinds of food grains
- The people of Mathura, who are very big capitalists, also brought various presentations and offered them before the Deity in devotional service
- The purport of this verse is that if someone becomes attached to the Sri Murti, or Deity of Krsna, by worshiping at home, then he will forget his relationship of so-called friendship, love and society
- The Queen had a very valuable pearl, which she wore on her nose, and she wished to give it to Gopala. She then began to think as follows
- The simple process of pleasing the Lord (for the householders especially) is to install the Deity of the Lord at home
- The younger brahmana replied, "If you have decided to give your young daughter to me, then say so before the Gopala Deity"
- There are also many impersonalists who deride temple worship. They say that since God is everywhere, why should one restrict himself to temple worship? But if God is everywhere, is He not in the temple or in the Deity
- There is no need of rezoning, because we are Krsna, Hare Krsna community. So wherever we live, we worship Krsna. It is not a public show; it is our own private worshiping Deity. I can keep Deity in my home
- They should be taught how to worship the Supreme Lord at least twice in a day, sayam pratah, "in the morning and in the evening." Tri-sandhya. The prescription is for tri-sandhya. One should take bath three times
- They then all discussed the story of Sri Madhavendra Puri's installation of the Gopala Deity, and they discussed how Gopala begged sandalwood from him
- They were of the same complexion, and both had gigantic bodies. Both wore saffron cloth, and both were very grave
- This same narration was again related by Lord Nityananda to all the devotees, and their transcendental bliss increased as they heard the story again
- Those who took prasadam included not only the people of Govardhana village but also those who came from other villages. They also saw the Deity of Gopala and were offered prasadam to eat
- Throngs of people came from different villages to see the Deity of Gopala, and they took maha-prasadam sumptuously. When they saw the superexcellent form of Lord Gopala, all their lamentation and unhappiness disappeared
- Thus Saksi-gopala stayed in Vidyanagara and accepted service for a very long time
- We don't bother whether one is converted or not in Krsna consciousness. Our duty is to flatter, That's all. "My dear sir, please come here, see Krsna's Deity, offer namaskara, take prasada, and go home."
- When all the devotees at Jagannatha Puri heard that the Gopala Deity wanted sandalwood, in great pleasure they all endeavored to collect it
- When all the pots of sweet rice, remnants left by Gopinatha, were placed before Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, He became very pleased. In order to feed the devotees, He accepted five of them
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was sitting before the Gopala Deity, all the devotees saw Him and the Deity as being of the same form
- When the Deities were laid down to rest, the priest came out of the temple and offered all twelve pots of sweet rice to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- When the Deity was being installed, nine hundred pots of water were brought from Govinda-kunda. There were musical sounds of bugles and drums and the singing of women
- When the Gopala Deity was installed at Kataka, the Queen of Purusottama-deva went to see Him and, with great devotion, presented various kinds of ornaments
- When the King begged Him to come to his kingdom, Gopala, who was already obliged for his devotional service, accepted his prayer. Thus the King took the Gopala Deity and went back to Kataka
- When they saw the Deity covered with dirt and grass, they were all struck with wonder and pleasure
- While carrying the Deity of Lord Jagannatha, some of the dayitas took hold of the shoulders of the Lord, and some caught His lotus feet
- While Madhavendra Puri was talking with the brahmana priest, the sweet rice was placed before the Deity as an offering. Hearing this, Madhavendra Puri thought as follows
- While there, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu engaged in chanting and dancing for some time, and being overwhelmed, He offered many prayers to Gopala