Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"birth of krsna"|"birth of lord krsna"|"krsna's birth"|"krsna was born"|"krsna is born"|"krishna was born"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Krsna's Birth"
The following 120 pages are in this category, out of 120 total.
- After the birth of a child, the astrologers calculate the moment of the birth and make a horoscope of the child's future life
- After this appearance (at Krsna's birth), the goddess Durga became known by various names in various parts of the world
- After Vasudeva adjusted things as they had been before he carried Krsna to Gokula, and all the doors and gates became similarly closed, the gatekeepers awoke and heard the newborn child crying
- All the devotees from Bengal stayed in Jagannatha Puri for the four months of the rainy season and observed many other ceremonies, such as the anniversary of Lord Krsna’s birth
- Along with this chanting of mantras and songs, bugles and kettledrums are sounded outside the house. On this occasion (the ceremony for Krsna's birth), the joyous vibrations could be heard in all the pasturing grounds and all the houses
- Although Devaki, the mother of Krsna, was the sister of Kamsa, she and her husband Vasudeva were persecuted only because Krsna was to be born of them
- Although Krsna was born as their son, Vasudeva and Devaki were always conscious of His position
- Although Krsna was the real son of Vasudeva and Devaki, because of Kamsa's atrocious activities Vasudeva could not enjoy the birth ceremony of his son. But Nanda Maharaja, the foster father, celebrated the birth ceremony of Krsna very joyfully
- Although Lord Baladeva appeared before the birth of Lord Krsna and is therefore Krsna's worshipable elder brother, He used to act as Krsna's eternal servitor
- Arjuna said: The sun-god Vivasvan is senior by birth to You. How am I to understand that in the beginning You instructed this science to him?
- As is stated in the Bhagavad-gita by the Lord Himself, His birth, deeds and activities are all transcendental. Similarly, the birth, deeds and activities of the associates of the Lord are also transcendental
- As soon as they heard that mother Yasoda had given birth to a child, all the cowherd women became overwhelmed with joy, and they also dressed themselves with various kinds of costly garments and ornaments and smeared scented cosmetics on their bodies
- At home (during the birth of Krsna), the brahmanas, who were accustomed to offering sacrifices in the fire, found their homes very pleasant for offerings
- At sixteen years of age He returned to Mathura (where Devaki had given birth to Him) and vanquished Kamsa in the arena mentioned here
- At that time (of Krsna's birth) Vasudeva was in the transcendental position, and he became completely free from all fear of Kamsa. The newborn baby was also flashing His effulgence within the room in which He appeared
- At the time of Krsna’s birth, the planetary systems were automatically adjusted so that everything became auspicious. At that time, in all directions - east, west, south, north, everywhere - there was an atmosphere of peace and prosperity
- Because Lord Krsna appeared as the son of Devaki, the Mayavadi philosophers accept Krsna to be an ordinary living entity who takes birth within this material world
- Because Lord Krsna took birth in the house of King Nanda and mother Yasoda, the goddess of fortune was obliged to manifest her opulences in Vrndavana. It appeared that Vrndavana had already become a site for the pastimes of the goddess of fortune
- Before His personal appearance, the Lord causes some of His devotees to appear as His mother, father and intimate associates. He then appears later as if He were taking birth and growing from a baby to a child and gradually into a youth
- Brahma said, "Anyone who can simply be attached to You by devotional service can know Your actual position, birth, appearance, disappearance and activities"
- Brahma said, "Persons with a poor fund of knowledge may think that because You are the son of Maharaja Nanda You are not the original person, that You are born just like a human being. They are mistaken"
- Fifteen days after Krsna's birth, Radharani appeared. Radharani is Krsna's pleasure potency
- From above, the goddess addressed Kamsa: “You rascal, how can you kill me? The child who will kill you is already born before me somewhere within this world. Don’t be so cruel to your poor sister”
- From the opulence of the birth ceremony of Krsna, it is very clear that at that time Vrndavana was rich in every respect
- Garga Muni continued to say, "My dear King of Vraja, in His previous births this child many times protected righteous persons from the hands of rogues and thieves whenever there was political disruption"
- Garga Muni intimated to Nanda Maharaja that the female child was born of Yasoda and that Krsna was born of Devaki & they were exchanged. Also, the female child, Durga, had informed Kamsa that the child who would kill him was already born somewhere else
- Having taken birth in that family (dynasty of the Yadus), how could Krsna have been seduced, even by the gopis? It is concluded, therefore, that it was not possible for Krsna to do anything abominable
- He (Akrura) told how Narada had met Kamsa and how he himself was deputed by Kamsa to come to Vrndavana. Akrura explained to Krsna that Narada had told Kamsa all about Krsna’s being transferred from Mathura to Vrndavana just after His birth
- He (Kalayavana) rebuked Him with the following words, "O Krsna! I heard that You are a great hero born in the dynasty of Yadu, but I see that You are running away from fighting, like a coward. It is not worthy of Your good name and family tradition"
- He (Kamsa) made further alliances with such kings as Banasura and Bhaumasura, until he was the strongest. Then he began to behave most inimically toward the Yadu dynasty, into which Krsna was to take His birth
- He (Kamsa) patiently waited for the delivery of the child, expecting to kill Him (Krsna), as he had done previously with the other babies of Devaki
- He (Kamsa) then called for Akrura, one of the descendants in the family of Yadu, in which Krsna was born as the son of Vasudeva. When Akrura came to see Kamsa, Kamsa very politely shook hands with him
- He (Krsna) appears exactly in His eternal body, uncontaminated by this material world. Although He appears in the same transcendental body and is Lord of the universe, it still appears that He takes His birth like an ordinary living entity
- He (Krsna) had also glorified King Yadu, having taken His birth in the family. He is known as Yadava, Yaduvira, Yadunandana, etc., although the Lord is always independent of such obligation
- How supremely glorified is the dynasty of King Yadu, and how virtuous is the land of Mathura, where the supreme leader (Krsna) of all living beings, the husband of the goddess of fortune, has taken His birth and wandered in His childhood
- I have shown you this form of Visnu just to remind you of My previous births. Otherwise, if I appeared like an ordinary human child, you would not believe that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu, has indeed appeared
- If anyone simply understands this subject matter, why Krsna takes birth, why Krsna works as ordinary man - these are all transcendental subject matter - then he becomes free
- If we read life of Krsna, we can see that He's Krsna, God, from the very beginning of His birth. God is not manufactured by some mystic power. God is God, and dog is dog. A dog cannot become God; God cannot become dog. That is difference
- In an astronomical treatise by the name Khamanikya, the constellations at the time of the appearance of Lord Krsna are very nicely described. It is confirmed that the child born at that auspicious moment was the Supreme Brahman, or the Absolute Truth
- In Bhagavad-gita, the Lord says that His birth and deeds are transcendental and that anyone who is so fortunate as to know the transcendental nature of His birth and deeds will at once become liberated and eligible to return to the kingdom of God
- In that ceremony (for Krsna's birth), all the assembled brahmanas began to chant different kinds of Vedic mantras to invoke all good fortune for the child. There are different kinds of chanting, known as suta, magadha, vandija and virudavali
- In the Bhagavad-gita the Lord (Krsna) says that He takes His birth in the material world, although He is the Lord of all creations and He is unborn. So there cannot be any denial of the birth of the Unborn because He Himself establishes the truth
- In the Fourth Chapter of the BG Krsna tells Arjuna that both He and Arjuna had had many births before and that He (Krsna) could remember all of them but Arjuna could not. This illustrates the difference between the knowledge of Krsna and that of Arjuna
- In the heavenly planets (during the birth of Krsna), the angels and their wives, along with the Vidyadharas and their wives, began to dance
- It is said, "My Lord Janardana (Krsna), please let us know the date when Your mother Devaki devi gave birth to You. If You kindly inform us about this, then we shall observe a great celebration on this date"
- Kamsa became perplexed now that his death was approaching, and his hair scattered. Immediately he proceeded toward the place where the child was born
- Kamsa killed all the sons of Devaki who were born before Krsna, but Krsna escaped the danger of child-slaughter because He was transferred to the house of Nanda Maharaja, Lord Krsna's foster father
- King Nanda said, "Previously He (Krsna) had a white color, then a red color, then a yellow color. He also said that this boy was once the son of Vasudeva, and everyone who knows of His previous birth calls Him Vasudeva"
- Knowledge of the transcendental nature of the birth and deeds of Lord Sri Krsna is sufficient for liberation
- Krsna and Balarama said, "Dear father and mother, although We were born of Vasudeva and Devaki, you have been Our real father and mother, because from Our very birth and childhood you raised Us with great affection and love"
- Krsna continued, "I have specifically taken My birth as the son of Vasudeva in the Yadu dynasty, and people therefore know Me as Vasudeva, the son of Vasudeva"
- Krsna continued, "My dear beautiful princess, you may also know that I am always penniless. Just after My birth, I was carried penniless to the house of Nanda Maharaja, and I was raised just like a cowherd boy"
- Krsna has no obligation that He has to take His birth in a particular family or particular country. He has no such obligation. But to glorify a certain family or certain person because he is devotee, therefore He has taken birth
- Krsna has taken birth or taken shelter within the womb of the Krsna consciousness movement
- Krsna is called nitya-lila. He is taking His birth, He is fighting in the battle of Kuruksetra, He's dancing with the gopis. That is going on eternally in either of the so many, innumerable universes
- Krsna is compared to the moon, born in the ocean of the womb of Devaki. When He returns in the evening, it appears that He is fatigued, but He still tries to gladden the inhabitants of Vrndavana by His auspicious presence
- Krsna is taking birth as the son of Devaki or Mother Yasoda, but He's not taking birth exactly like us. That is described in the Srimad-Bhagavatam. When Krsna appeared, He did not come out or did not come out from the womb of Devaki
- Krsna was born and transferred to the home of Yasoda in Gokula, the strong doors opened and again closed, and Vasudeva resumed his former condition of being shackled
- Krsna was sent incognito to the bed of Mother Yasoda, and after Nanda very pompously celebrated Krsna's birth ceremony, he went to Mathura. So Vasudeva was very much pleased and said, "This is a new birth for me"
- Krsna's birth is transcendental. Our birth is by force, by the laws of nature. He's not under the laws of nature. The laws of nature works under Him. Mayadhyaksena prakrtih suyate sa-caracaram. Prakrti, nature is working under the order of Krsna
- Krsna's lila, from His birth up to the disappearance, that is always existing. Disappearance means disappearance from my eyes. Krsna does not disappear
- Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, thus entered the body of Devaki from the body of Vasudeva without being subject to any of the conditions of an ordinary living entity
- Kuntidevi knows that Krsna is unborn. Krsna does not take birth, but it appears like that to some fools. Therefore they say that Krsna has taken birth
- Nanda Maharaja & other members of the family dressed & sat down in front of the birthplace. The brahmanas who were assembled there on this occasion chanted auspicious mantras, according to the rituals, while the astrologers performed the birth ceremony
- Narada Muni said, "You (Krsna) have taken birth in the Yadu dynasty, or the Vrsni dynasty. Your advent on the surface of the earth in Your original form of eternal blissful knowledge is Your own pastime"
- O my (Vasudeva) Lord (Krsna), Lord of the demigods, after hearing the prophecy that You would take birth in our (Vasudeva's and Devaki's) home and kill him (Kamsa), this uncivilized Kamsa killed so many of Your elder brothers
- Of course it is bewildering, O soul of the universe, that You (Krsna) work, though You are inactive, and that You take birth, though You are the vital force and the unborn
- On that auspicious occasion (of the birth ceremony of Krsna), there were different bands of expert musicians playing
- On the occasion of Lord Krsna's birth, seasonal changes took place throughout the entire universe. Krsna was born during the month of September, yet it appeared like springtime
- One friend of Nanda, speaking about Krsna's auspicious bodily symptoms, said, "My dear King of the cowherds, I can find 32 auspicious symptoms on the body of your son! I am wondering how this boy could have taken his birth in the family of cowherd men"
- One gopi said, "My dear Krsna, ever since You took Your birth in this land of Vrajabhumi, everything appears to be glorious. The land of Vrndavana has become glorious, and it is as if the goddess of fortune is personally always existing here"
- One may ask, Since the Supreme Lord is the original father of all living entities, how could a lady known as Devaki give birth to Him as her son? The answer is that Devaki no more gave birth to the Lord than the eastern horizon gives birth to the sun
- One who cannot understand Krsna, what is Krsna, which Vyasadeva has described what is Krsna in nine cantos, to understand Krsna, and then in the Tenth Canto he begins the birth advent of Krsna
- Others say that since both Vasudeva and Devaki prayed for You (Krsna), You have taken Your birth as their son. Undoubtedly You are unborn, yet You take Your birth for their welfare and to kill those who are envious of the demigods
- Our duty is to know Krsna. Janma karma. Krsna comes, Krsna appears, Krsna disappears. Why Krsna comes? Why Krsna is not seen? Janma karma. Why He acts? Why He takes birth in the battlefield of Kuruksetra? Why He teaches Arjuna?
- Sahadeva said, "Because His (Krsna's) transcendental body is full of knowledge and bliss in eternity, He doesn't undergo the six kinds of material changes - birth, existence, growth, production, dwindling and vanishing"
- Salva addressed Krsna, "You rascal, Krsna! Look. This is Your father, who has begotten You and by whose mercy You are still living. Now just see how I kill Your father. If You have any strength, try to save him"
- Seeing King Mucukunda eager to know about His identity, Lord Krsna answered smilingly as follows, "My dear King, it is practically impossible to tell about My birth, appearance, disappearance and activities"
- Simply by knowing in truth about the Lord's transcendental births and activities, one can get liberation at once. That is the verdict of the Bhagavad-gita
- Some say that the Unborn is born for the glorification of pious kings, and others say that He is born to please King Yadu, one of Your dearest devotees. You appear in his family as sandalwood appears in the Malaya Hills
- Srimati Radharani continued, "Before that birth as a ksatriya, He (Krsna) took His birth as a brahmana boy known as Vamanadeva and asked charity from Bali Maharaja. Bali Maharaja was so magnanimous that he gave Him whatever he had"
- Srimati Radharani continued, "We have all heard this from our grandmother Paurnamasi. She has informed us that Krsna was born in a ksatriya family previous to this birth and was known as Ramacandra"
- Suta Gosvami said: Now I shall begin the transcendental narration of the Lord Krsna & topics of the birth, activities & deliverance of King Pariksit, the sage amongst kings, as well as topics of the renunciation of the worldly order by the sons of Pandu
- The asuras wrongly think that Krsna took birth like an ordinary child and passed away from this world like an ordinary man. Such asuric conceptions are rejected by persons in knowledge of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The business of the vaisya community is trade, commerce and the protection of cows. Therefore his friend, who may have been born into a brahmana family, expressed his wonder at how such an exalted child could take birth in a family of vaisyas
- The citizens of Mathura began to recite Krsna's pastimes - His birth as the son of Vasudeva, His being taken into the care of Nanda Maharaja and his wife in Gokula, and all those events leading to His coming to Mathura to favor them
- The first time I was known as Prsnigarbha, born of Prsni and Sutapa, in the next birth I was Upendra, born of Aditi and Kasyapa, and now for the third time I am born as Krsna from you, Devaki and Vasudeva
- The Lord is present at Mathura (the birthplace of Lord Krsna) as Adi-kesava
- The next day, it was declared that a male child (Krsna) had been born to Yasoda. According to Vedic custom, Nanda Maharaja called for learned astrologers and brahmanas to perform the birth ceremony
- The pastimes of the Lord (Krsna), beginning from His birth at the prison house of Kamsa up to the mausala-lila at the end, all move one after another in all the universes, just as the clock hand moves from one point to another
- The rivers were flowing full of waters, and lakes were beautifully decorated with lotus flowers. The forests were full with beautiful birds and peacocks (during the birth of Krsna)
- The transcendental topics of Lord Sri Krsna's superhuman activities, His incarnation, His birth, appearance or disappearance, His forms, His names and so on are all easily understandable because all requirements are fulfilled
- Then Vasudeva remembered the cows he had wanted to give in charity to the brahmanas after the birth of Krsna & Balarama. But being imprisoned by Kamsa at that time, Vasudeva had been able to do so only within his mind, for Kamsa had stolen all his cows
- There are different opinions about the birth of the Unborn because the Lord's (Krsna's) appearance in this material world is bewildering
- There are different opinions as to why He (Krsna) takes His birth. That is also declared in the Bhagavad-gita. He appears by His own internal potency to reestablish the principles of religion and to protect the pious and to annihilate the impious
- There are many statements about the festive days in connection with Krsna's different activities. One of these festive days is Janmastami, the day of Krsna's birth
- There were also many learned brahmanas present (at the birth ceremony of Krsna), and Nanda Maharaja, being very satisfied on this occasion, gave them different kinds of garments, ornaments and cows in charity
- There were auspicious stars visible in the sky (during the birth of Krsna), and on the surface in all towns and villages and pasturing grounds and within the minds of everyone there were signs of good fortune
- Thereafter, at the conjunction of two yugas, the Lord of the creation will take His birth as the Kalki incarnation and become the son of Visnu Yasa. At this time the rulers of the earth will have degenerated into plunderers
- To refer to their (citizen of Dvaraka) intimate connection with Krsna, they addressed Him as Yadunandana because He was born the son of Vasudeva in the Yadu dynasty
- Vasudeva began to narrate his own past history - how he had been imprisoned by King Kamsa, how his babies had been killed, how immediately after Krsna’s birth he had carried Krsna to the place of Nanda Maharaja
- Vasudeva said, "Since You (Krsna and Balarama) are the supreme cause of everything, the interactions of the material manifestation - birth, growth, existence, transformation, deterioration and annihilation - are all absent in You"
- Vasudeva saw the newborn child (the Supreme Personality of Godhead), who had very wonderful lotuslike eyes and who bore in His four hands the four weapons sankha, cakra, gada and padma
- Visnu said: At that time also I appeared before you in this form just to fulfill your desire, and I asked you to ask whatever you desired. At that time you wished to have Me born as your son
- Visnu said: I could have appeared just like an ordinary child, but in that way you would not have believed that the Supreme Personality of Godhead had taken birth in your womb
- Visnu said: I gave you the benediction that I would take birth as your son three times. First, I was known as Prsnigarbha, born of Prsni & Sutapa, next birth I was Upendra, born of Aditi & Kasyapa, and now I am born as Krsna from you, Devaki & Vasudeva
- Visnu said: I have appeared in this Visnu form just to convince you that I am the same Supreme Personality of Godhead again taken birth
- When all the ecstatic cowherd men heard that Nanda Maharaja, the father of Krsna, was celebrating the birth ceremony of his son, they became spontaneously joyful
- While Nanda Maharaja was worshiping Lord Visnu on this occasion (of Krsna's birth ceremony) and was trying to satisfy all the people there, his only desire was that the newborn child Krsna would be happy
- Without regard for material understandings, we can accept that Nanda Maharaja's celebration for the ceremony of Krsna's birth was proper. This ceremony is therefore well known everywhere as Nandotsava