Pages in category "Krsna's Birthday"
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total.
- All Indians are interested in spreading this movement. Krsna is accepted as the Supreme Lord by all Indians. His birthday ceremony, Janmastami, is observed by all Indians
- As we have already explained, there are different ceremonies to be observed, such as the birthday of Krsna, the birthday of Lord Ramacandra, the birthday of some prominent Vaisnavas
- Baladeva's affection for Krsna is illustrated in this statement to Subala: "My dear friend, please inform Krsna not to go to Kaliya's lake today. Today is His birthday, and so I wish to go along with Mother Yasoda to bathe Him"
- Bathing ceremony is technically called abhiseka, and even today this is observed in all the temples of Vrndavana on Janmastami Day, or the birthday anniversary of Lord Krsna
- Mother Yasoda called for the brahmanas, and through her children she gave many cows in charity for the occasion of Krsna's birthday. In this way she performed the birthday ceremony of Krsna at home
- Mother Yasoda requested Krsna, "Instead of being enthusiastic in playing, now please come and be enthusiastic in charity." - because it was Krsna's birthday
- Mother Yasoda told Krsna, "Today is Your birthday ceremony; therefore You should come back home and give cows in charity to the brahmanas. Don't You see how Your playmates are decorated with ornaments by their mothers?"
- On Janmastami, Lord Krsna's birthday, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu dressed Himself as a cowherd boy. At that time He carried a balance with pots of yogurt and wheeled a rod about
- On this occasion (of Krsna's first birthday), mother Yasoda arranged to distribute a large quantity of grain, and first-class cows decorated with golden ornaments were made ready to be given in charity to the learned, respectable brahmanas
- One day, shortly after the ceremony (of Krsna's birthday), when mother Yasoda was patting her baby on her lap, the baby felt too heavy, and being unable to carry Him, she unwillingly placed Him on the ground
- One should fast on the two Ekadasi days, which fall on the eleventh day of the waxing and waning moon, and on the birthdays of Lord Krsna, Lord Rama and Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- One should perform all endeavors for Krsna. (32) One should look forward to His mercy. (33) One should partake of various ceremonies with devotees - ceremonies like Lord Krsna's birthday or Ramacandra's birthday
- The cowherd men & women were invited to participate in the jubilant celebration (of Krsna's birthday). A nice band played & the assembled people enjoyed it. All the learned brahmanas were invited, & they chanted Vedic hymns for the good fortune of Krsna
- The devotees celebrated the festival of Janmastami, Krsna's birthday, which is also called Nanda-mahotsava, the festival of Nanda Maharaja. At that time Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His devotees dressed themselves as cowherd boys
- They (Yasoda and Nanda Maharaja) arranged for Krsna's (first) birthday ceremony, which is still observed by all followers of the Vedic principles