Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
joke | joked | joker | jokers | joker's | jokes | joking | jokingly | jokings | prank
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Joke"
The following 65 pages are in this category, out of 65 total.
- A joker's activities simply arouse laughter, and a person who tries to repay the spiritual master or teacher of the transcendental message of Krsna becomes a laughingstock just like a joker because it is not possible to repay such a debt
- A king may engage a joker, and in the process of joking, the king is sometimes insulted. The king, however, enjoys these activities. Everyone worships the Supreme Lord with great reverence; therefore the Lord sometimes wants to enjoy the chastisement
- A person is called dhira-lalita if he is naturally very funny, always in full youthfulness, expert in joking, and free from all anxieties. Such a dhira-lalita personality is generally found to be domesticated and very submissive to his lover
- A person who is very cunning and always youthful, expert in joking and without anxiety, and who can keep his girlfriends always subjugated, is called dhira-lalita
- Advaita Acarya jokingly said, "My dear Nityananda, I invited You, and indeed I have received the results. You have no fixed caste or dynasty. By nature You are a madman"
- Again Nityananda Prabhu jokingly said, "My belly is not yet filled up. Please take away Your food. I have not taken the least of it"
- Another meat-eater said, 'Sir, please hear me. Since the day I joked with some Hindus in this way, my tongue chants the Hare Krsna hymn and cannot give it up. I do not know what mystic hymns and herbal potions these Hindus know
- Due to remaining in the water for a long time, they (the gopis) felt cold and were shivering, yet upon hearing the pleasing joking words of Govinda, their minds were perturbed with great joy
- Dvivida would come before the women & exhibit different types of caricatures. By nature young women are apt to enjoy everything with laughter and joking, & when the gorilla came before them they did not take him seriously but simply laughed at him
- Hearing the emphatic statement of the younger brahmana, some atheists in the meeting began to cut jokes. However, someone else said, "After all, the Lord is merciful, and if He likes, He can come"
- His Divine Grace Advaita Acarya, after hearing the statement of Nityananda Prabhu, took the opportunity presented by the joking words and spoke to Him as follows
- If a mendicant meets a king, this world and the next world are both destroyed for the mendicant. Indeed, what is there to say of the next world? In this world, people will joke if a sannyasi meets a king
- In flattering a woman, in joking, in a marriage ceremony, in earning one's livelihood, when one's life is in danger, in protecting cows and brahminical culture, or in protecting a person from an enemy's hand, falsity is never condemned
- In subduing others, in joking, in responding to danger, in acting for the welfare of others, and so on, one could refuse to fulfill one's promise, and there would be no fault. By this philosophy, Sukracarya tried to dissuade Bali Maharaja from giving land
- It is contradictory to practice madhukari and at the same time wear a valuable blanket. One loses his spiritual strength by doing this, and one will also become an object of jokes
- It is said that a great devotee brahmana would sometimes address the Supreme Personality of Godhead as master, and sometimes he would joke with the Lord, using different kinds of familiar words
- O Providence, you have no mercy! You bring embodied souls together through friendship and affection, but before their desires are fulfilled, you separate them. Your activities are like the foolish pranks of children
- On that friendly platform there are different kinds of laughing and joking conversations. An example of such a friendly relationship with Krsna is described in the Srimad-Bhagavatam when Krsna was once thinking
- One may be very responsible officer, like Ambarisa Maharaja, the emperor. It is not joke. But still his mind is absorbed in the thought of Krsna
- Our American property, it is not forty lakhs-forty crores. So it is not joke. If you want to earn money and if you have got little brain, you can earn money in America like anything
- Our Bombay should be organized. Work is our life. There is no question of "How long?" As long as possible. Krsna giving us good opportunities. Now we should take it seriously. It is not joke. "Hare Krsna movement is bona fide religion"
- Performing artists like the Gandharvas, as well as the royal jokers, began to play their panava drums, conchshells, kettledrums, vinas, mrdangas and bugles, and they exhibited their dancing art to please the Lord (Krsna)
- Pradyumna said, "My sisters-in-law will play jokes upon me with sarcastic words" ‘My dear hero, how have you become such a coward? How have you become a eunuch? How have you become so low in the eyes of the fighters who opposed you?'
- Prakasananda Sarasvati laughed very much to hear this description. Joking and laughing at the brahmana, he began to speak as follows
- Sanatana said, "I am not joking; I am speaking the truth. Kindly take this blanket in exchange for your torn quilt"
- Seeing the beautiful woman, the King (Dusmanta) was very much enlivened, and the fatigue of his hunting excursion was relieved. He was of course very much attracted because of lusty desires, and thus he inquired from her as follows, in a joking mood
- She makes Krsna happy with Her bodily aroma. (7) She is very expert in singing. (8) Her speech is charming. (9) She is very expert in joking and speaking pleasantly. (10) She is very humble and meek. (11) She is always full of mercy
- So much glorification of a woman by her husband indicates that he is henpecked or is talking lightly in joke
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear Ramananda Raya, you are jubilant at hearing these poetic expressions, but I am ashamed to hear them, for people in general will joke about the subject of this verse"
- Srivasa Thakura, who was enjoying the mood of Narada Muni, thus made jokes. Hearing him, all the personal servants of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began to smile
- The brahmana regularly read the eighteen chapters of the Bhagavad-gita in great transcendental ecstasy, but because he could not pronounce the words correctly, people used to joke about him
- The heroine who is a combination of sobriety and restlessness always jokes with equivocal words. She sometimes praises her lover, sometimes blasphemes him and sometimes remains indifferent
- The Lord replied, "My dear Srinivasa, please stop joking. You have all combined together to humiliate Me in this way"
- The meat-eater replied, 'Sometimes I joke with the Hindus. Some of them are called Krsnadasa, and some are called Ramadasa
- The mendicant replied, "Sir, you are a respectable gentleman. Why are you joking with me? Why would you trade your valuable blanket for my torn quilt"
- The sakhya-rati devotee is so advanced that he treats the Lord on an equal level and even exchanges joking words with Him. Although one is never equal to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the sakhya-rati devotee feels equal to the Lord
- The subject matter of BTG should be very grave. It should not be made a joking, comical literature. The subject matter is that everyone should know who is Krishna. So present it in philosophical way but with simple language
- The Vedas, the Upanisads, the Brahma-sutra and the Puranas all describe the activities of the spiritual potency of the Lord. If one cannot accept the personal activities of the Lord, he jokes foolishly and gives an impersonal description
- The whole world was pleased. While the Hindus chanted the holy name of the Lord, the non-Hindus, especially the Muslims, jokingly imitated the words
- Their only thought is to go out in search of Krsna. When the gopis meet Krsna, the display of their exchanging glances as well as their joking and laughing behavior is called anubhava, or sub-ecstasy in conjugal love
- Then the female parrot began to speak jokingly to the male parrot, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was struck with wonderful ecstatic love to hear her speak
- There is a statement in the Srimad-Bhagavatam wherein a person jokingly says that Krsna, the enemy of Kamsa, is known as the seer through the sastras
- These pictures (Krsna painted many pictures on Radharani's breasts) served as subject matter for Radharani's friends to joke about. Krsna was always engaged in such lusty activities, and thus He made His youthful life successful
- They (the unintelligent people) consider activities in devotional service the same as activities in material consciousness. Under such a wrong impression, they sometimes dare joke about the spiritual activities of the Lord and His devotional service
- They joke, they'll clap, but they'll chant. And that is wanted. I want to see that everyone is chanting
- They unanimously agreed, "If you offer your daughter to a degraded family, your aristocracy will be lost. When people hear of this, they will make jokes and laugh at you"
- This rascal wants so much. It is simply joking. Anyway, I think you cannot find out, let Jayapataka find out. The composition charges should not be more than Rs. 250 for 100 pages, very small pages
- To become enemy of Krsna, that is not a joke. He has to fight with Krsna. It is not ordinary thing
- When Madhumangala, an intimate friend of Krsna, was dancing before Krsna in a joking manner, no one was paying attention to him
- When one hears praise from his beloved, he outwardly remains neutral but feels pain within his heart. When he hears his beloved making accusations about him, he takes them to be jokes and enjoys pleasure
- When the servants fell down before the lotus feet of the goddess of fortune, they almost fell unconscious. They were chastised and made the butt of jokes and loose language
- While taking lunch, each boy began to manifest different kinds of relations with Krsna, and they enjoyed each other's company with joking words