Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
humor | humorous | humorist | humorously | humors
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Humor"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.
- A devotee said, "In this state of consciousness I am so condemned that I cannot relish the transcendental ecstasy of remembering the S P of Godhead." In this statement there are two ecstatic loving humors, namely neutrality and ghastliness"
- Above even the humor of love between Krsna and His parents is the relationship of conjugal love. This is exhibited between the Lord and the young gopis in different ways - glancing, moving the eyebrows, speaking very sweet words, and exchanging smiles
- According to some authorities, this condition cannot be accepted as one of the transcendental humors, or rasas
- According to this view, except for these two humors, all other manifestations are taken as incompatible with conjugal love
- Although devotional humors are sometimes found in mixtures, a particular humor is always found to be a prominent and constant factor. That prominent humor is to be accepted as the devotee's main relationship with Krsna
- Among His associates, Caitanya enjoyed paternal loving affection from Paramananda Puri, friendly affection with Ramananda Raya, unalloyed service from Govinda and others, and humors of conjugal love with Gadadhara, Jagadananda and Svarupa Damodara
- As a great fighter Bhismadeva was relishing the relation of Krsna in the chivalrous humor
- First of all the jokers would talk in such a way that the Lord (Krsna) and His associates would enjoy their humor, which would refresh the morning mood
- Five of these rasas are direct, and they are listed as neutrality, servitude, fraternal love, parental love and conjugal love. Seven of the rasas are indirect, and they are listed as humor, astonishment, chivalry, compassion, anger, dread and ghastliness
- If there were some humorous topics mentioned, Krsna would immediately respond with a smiling face
- In all these humors of ecstatic love, the feeling of anger is accepted as the steady factor
- In fact, all the different humors and mellows of the devotees possess various specific feelings within the mind. And, according to these differences, the symptoms of ecstatic love appear in different forms and degrees
- In his liberated stage the devotee is attracted by one of the five humors in the transcendental loving service of the Lord. As he continues to serve the Lord in that transcendental mood, he attains a spiritual body to serve Krsna in Goloka Vrndavana
- In that perfect stage of svarupa, the living being is established in five phases of loving service, one of which is the stage of madhurya-rasa, or the humor of conjugal love
- In this statement there are traces of neutrality and conjugal love, and the resulting humor is incompatible
- Krsna attracts even the mind of the goddess of fortune. He attracts, in special cases, the minds of young girls. He attracts the minds of the elderly ladies by paternal affection. He attracts the mind of the male in the humors of servitude & friendship
- Krsna is the reservoir of all rasas. Rasa is a very peculiar word. Rasa may be translated into English as taste, as mellow, or as humor. So our relationship with Krsna, there is some taste. Without taste, we cannot continue our relationship with anyone
- The above analysis is a sample of the study of rasabhasa, or incompatible mixing of rasas. This transcendental science of rasabhasa can thoroughly explain the humors in ecstatic love which are compatible and incompatible with one another
- The court case is very humorous, happy, and authoritative. The charge was "Chanting God's Name'' for the welfare "of mankind''
- The same sex life at home, chewing, and go to the naked club, chewing. Chewing the chewed. There is no rasa. There is no humor, mellow; therefore they are disappointed. Because the thing is the same
- There is a very humorous story that one man... He was a yogi
- This demon (friend of Kamsa) was foaming at the mouth, waving his arms and rolling on the ground. This demonic demonstration is in relationship with Krsna in ghastly humor. This mellow or flavor is one of the indirect relationships with Krsna
- This particular type of ecstatic love shared between Krsna and His confidential friends further develops into parental love, & on from there it may develop conjugal love, the most exalted humor or mellow of ecstatic love between Krsna and His devotees
- Transcendental relations between the Personality of Godhead and the living entities are eternally established in five different affectionate humors
- Vaidagdhi means cunningness, humor, beauty, expertise, learning, tricky behavior, and indications
- Very often, in addition to one's regular rasa, there is found the presence of some other rasa, and the mixture of these loving humors is sometimes compatible, or palatable, and sometimes incompatible, or unpalatable
- What is the purport of devotional service, or what is the humor of devotional service, can be understood by a person who has accepted Lord Caitanya's lotus feet as everything
- When in the ecstasy of a serving humor there are manifestations of dread, neutral love or chivalry (such as dharma-vira and dana-vira), the result is compatible
- When one deals directly with Krsna, the mellow and the humor relished by reciprocation of devotional service is incomparable, even with the pleasure derived from transcendental Brahman
- When the attraction for Krsna is based only on one particular humor, that is called kevala, or pure state
- While he (the brahmana) was thinking like this, in Vaikuntha Lord Narayana, seated with the goddess of fortune, Laksmi, began to smile humorously