Category:It Is Better To
"it is better"|"better to"
Pages in category "It Is Better To"
The following 125 pages are in this category, out of 125 total.
- It is better to... (BG and SB)
- It is better to... (CC and Other Books)
- It is better to... (Conversations 1968 - 1975)
- It is better to... (Conversations 1976 - 1977)
- It is better to... (Lectures)
- It is better to... (Letters 1947 - 1969)
- It is better to... (Letters 1970 - 1971)
- It is better to... (Letters 1972 - 1977)
- Guru Maharaja said, "Yes, he (Prabhupada) is very expert. He can do. So it is better to live apart from you. And he will do everything when there is need."
- Instead of having no maternal uncle, it is better to have a maternal uncle who is blind
- My Guru Maharaja said that instead of earning livelihood by showing the Deity in the temple, it is better to take the profession of a sweeper in the street and live honestly
- We are eternally servant of God; we cannot become God. Better to remain servant of God; that is our happiness
- A Vaisnava should not try to minimize anyone else's position. It is better to remain humble and meek and chant the Hare Krsna mantra
- Advanced Krishna Consciousness student should know it well that sex life also should be dovetailed with Krishna consciousness. Better to avoid it; if not possible, to have in a regulated married life
- All of Lord Caitanya's followers used to dance with raised hands. If someone dances with ecstasy, that is all right, but it is better to dance with raised hands
- Anyone can join this movement without prejudice, but unfortunately there are persons who feel differently. It is better, therefore, not to instruct the science of Krsna consciousness to such persons
- As soon as the water is settled up, you'll see the things as they are. So as soon as our enthusiasm is agitated, it is better to sit down in any temple suitable and chant Hare Krsna
- Atheists try to interpret different meanings of the words dharma-ksetra and kuru-ksetra. Therefore Srila Jiva Gosvami has warned us not to depend on any kind of interpretation. It is better to take the verses as they are, without interpretation
- Better let them remain as Christians and Buddhists, we do not want to convert them. You tell them that if you stick to Christ you will come out all right. It is better to avoid these comparative studies
- Better to cooperate all of you and do something tangible for Krsna. Stop this fighting
- Better to develop the small number of devotees we have, make them truly Krishna conscious boys and girls than to go on getting many followers who do not understand and practice the real principles
- Better to resolve the whole situation by approaching their leaders at once & reconciling everything with them by bringing them prasadam & other nice gifts & giving them our philosophy, and if they are willing to hear it, also teach them how to chant HK
- Better to resolve the whole situation by approaching their leaders at once and reconciling everything with them by bringing them prasadam and other nice gifts and giving them our philosophy
- BTG articles are generally seen by the editors, and it is better that we stress on our own philosophy than to indulge in some hodge-podge philosophy which is basically unauthorized
- Dai Nippon has upped their price for Hindi BTG considerably, so it is better to print in Bombay just as you have done with Gujarati BTG. When you return to Bombay, you can try for this
- Declaration of independence by the woman class, is not their happiness. They are unhappy. Better to become dependent upon father, upon husband and upon elderly children. That is their happiness
- Dhruva Maharaja was seeking material opulences, and his mother advised rightly that even for material opulences it is better to worship not the demigods but the Supreme Lord
- Do not waste your time with this study of monkeys. What will you learn by this? Better to hear from Lord Krishna Himself in Bhagavad-gita than to waste your time in this way
- Empty sophistry may show off some mundane erudition, but it cannot help one make spiritual progress. In fact, these dry empirical debates often create big hurdles. So it is better to avoid them
- Everyone has got some weakness and deficiency. It is better to correct or mend it than to break it. It will be best to discuss this in an open meeting of the GBC and then do the needful
- Everything belongs to Krishna, and the sooner we return whatever we have got to Krishna, the better it is. That is our normal life
- Explaining everything in grammar in relationship to Krsna, the Lord induced His students to refrain from worldly education, for it is better to become Krsna conscious and in this way attain the highest perfectional platform of education
- First of all you know things as they are. Then talk. Otherwise, it is said that it is better not to talk than to talk foolish. It is better to stop talking
- For me it is better to remain in Vrndavana or die. (laughter) Hm. Because they may be very envious, "Here is the man who is behind all this."
- For relying upon devotees from outside to come there is not very practical business. It is better to recruit some local men and train them to do the work. But I think Madhudvisa can supply you with one or two men conveniently, you may request him this
- For the present we should finish the pictures for KRSNA first. Then, if there is opportunity, they can print pictures for NOD. Both are required, but most important is KRSNA. It is better to have pictures in all our books, as many as possible
- For this reason, my dear boy, you should not endeavor for this; it will not be successful. It is better that you go home. When you are grown up, by the mercy of the Lord you will get a chance for these mystic performances
- For those who are actually not able to follow the principles of Krsna consciousness it is better to cultivate knowledge, because by knowledge one can be able to understand his real position
- How to spend the money for Krsna, that is our policy. We do not want to keep money. We cannot keep, that is not possible. Somebody will take it. Ultimately the government will take. Better spend it for Krsna
- However, when the month of Kartika came, they both told the Lord, "Now it is very cold. It is better that You wait to see the Dola-yatra festival and then go. That will be very nice"
- I shall be glad if the Brahmacarinis can have nice husbands, and live as Grhasthas. But if they cannot find out good husbands, it is better to remain a Brahmacarini all the life, even though it is little difficult
- I understand that some girls have volunteered to type and therefore you can now get the revised Gitopanisad nicely and correctly typed before it is handed over to the press
- I want that you all GBC men work cooperatively to manage things now, along with the other officers, and it is better if devotees can address their questions to you
- I will wait until I become old man, then I will become spiritually advanced. No, it is better if one starts immediately
- I would very much like to come there for Rathayatra, but now I am not in very good health, and it is the opinion of Tamal Krsna Maharaja, Bhavananda Maharaja, Jayapataka Maharaja and Jagadisa that it is best for me if I stay here for now
- If there are sufficient men, and if we have got sanction by the authorities, it is always better to have at least a small party chanting along with as many distributers of books as possible
- If you are preparing some book (SWAMIJI) like that, make it so nicely that it may be accepted by general public. And for this purpose, it is better to add with the pictures my speeches, which are of public interest
- In connection with your using your efforts to make television shows, no, that is not important now. Don't waste time in this way. Better to have nice festivals like Rathayatra festivals
- In future through out the society, it is better so far as possible that we should rent. Big house means big responsibility. So unless there are many men, and very big propaganda, buying house is risky and unnecessary
- In my opinion, it is better to travel and preach than open business. I had a nice business, one of the best in India, and Krishna took it all away, and now I am very much thankful
- In one sense if your wife has actually left you it is a blessing. Better to prepare yourself for sannyasa rather than vanaprastha
- In the last year you have changed your engagement so many times, it is not good, better to stick to something and complete it than constantly changing
- In this age of Kali, Bhaktivinoda Thakura recommends that it is better to cultivate Krishna consciousness as a householder
- Instead of being agitated in mind, it is better to become a married man and in peaceful mind execute Krishna Consciousness. That is my verdict, and ever since I started this movement I have encouraged marriage to so many disciples
- Instead of earning livelihood by showing the Deity in the temple, it is better to take the profession of a sweeper in the street and live honestly. He said like that. The sweeper is working hard toiling and getting some money and living
- Instead of importing devotees, it is better to attract devotees from your own area. And the basic principle for doing this is Sankirtana Party
- Instead of trying to be master of all yogic mystic powers, it is better if one simply keeps the supreme Yogesvara, Krsna, within his heart. Thus one's life can become perfect, and one can very easily be transferred to the kingdom of God
- Instead of trying to understand Krsna in detail, it is better to offer our respectful obeisances unto Him, for He is the origin of everything and He is everything
- It is actually better to be a sudra than to be a brahmana and not develop the service attitude, because that attitude alone satisfies the Lord
- It is better if one fixes up a regulative principle according to his own ability and then follows that vow without fail. That will make him advanced in spiritual life
- It is better not to make these record
- It is better that he is living little away from your Matha. And when time will rise, he'll do everything. He hasn't got to be advised
- It is better that one engage whatever money and women he may have in his possession in the service of the Lord because sense enjoyment is not for the conditioned soul
- It is better that prostitutes be available in the marketplace so that the sanctity of society can be maintained. It is better to maintain a class of prostitutes than to encourage prostitutes within society
- It is better to accept the miseries of being encaged within bars and surrounded by burning flames than to associate with those bereft of Krsna consciousness. Such association is a very great hardship
- It is better to correct him to the standard point by friendly gestures. We can reject anyone, that is very easy, but to reform him that requires great skill and tact and if you can reform him there by kind words and dealings, that is best
- It is better to engage in one's own occupation, even though one may perform it imperfectly, than to accept another's occupation and perform it perfectly. Duties prescribed according to one's nature are never affected by sinful reactions
- It is better to engage in one's own occupation, even though one may perform it imperfectly, than to accept another's occupation and perform it perfectly. Prescribed duties, according to one's nature, are never affected by sinful reactions. BG 18.47 - 1972
- It is better to have a learned enemy than a foolish friend, I feel encouraged in this matter. An intelligent opponent will present reasonable rebuttals, but an ignorant friend may bring about disaster with his floundering
- It is better to keep the cowshed vacant than to have a troublesome cow
- It is better to maintain a class of prostitutes than to encourage prostitutes within society. The real reformation is to enlighten all people to become devotees of the Lord, and that will check all kinds of deteriorating factors of life
- It is better to maintain a devotee than to try to convince others to become devotees
- It is better to prepare oneself in the brahmacarya-asrama for austerities and remain a pure brahmacari throughout one's life so that one will not feel the piercing thorns of material life in the grhastha-asrama
- It is better to take initiation personally and receive instructions before leaving for Africa
- It is better to take the right path, even at the risk of death. Human life is meant for finishing all kinds of miseries of material existence, and life should be so regulated that one can achieve the desired goal
- It is better undoubtedly to have a full magazine as our English BTG, but if you have no time, or you are doing this or that, then do not neglect it completely - it is better to publish and distribute a one page BTG issue than no issue at all each month
- It is indicated that the Visnu form is the ultimate goal of meditation, and as such it is better to concentrate upon the forms of Visnu than on impersonal omkara. The latter process is also more difficult than the former
- It is not astonishing that the Lord maintained a visible family consisting of so many members. It is better to refrain from comparing the Lord's position to ours
- It would be better to live perpetually cramped within the airtight bag of a mother's womb, where one can at least remember the lotus feet of the Lord, than to live in a place where there is no opportunity to remember His lotus feet
- It would be better to set the example rather than to criticize the defects of the devotees
- It's better to live in this world by begging than to live at the cost of the lives of great souls who're my teachers. Even though they are avaricious, they're nonetheless superiors. If they are killed, our spoils will be tainted with blood. BG 2.5 - 1972
- Krsna continued, "It is better, therefore, for persons who are simply after material happiness and not after Me to remain in that hellish condition"
- Krsna continued, "That was not very rightly done. Therefore, since it is better late than never, I advise you that you (Rukmini) may now select one of the great ksatriya princes and accept him as your life's companion, and you may reject Me"
- Make it just suitable to your minimum needs. Not to make it too much luxurious as generally Europeans and Americans are accustomed. Better to live there without modern amenities. But to live a natural healthy life for executing Krishna Consciousness
- Mukunda Datta then asked the Lord, "Shall I bring him here?" Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Brahmananda Bharati is like My spiritual master. It is better that I go to him"
- Narada became angry with their behavior and cursed them thusly, "You have no sense, so it is better if you become trees instead of the sons of Kuvera"
- Narada Muni advised the Haryasvas, the sons of Prajapati Daksa, that instead of begetting progeny, it would be better to leave and achieve the perfection of spiritual understanding according to the instructions of the sastras
- No one should suddenly give up his prescribed duties and become a so-called yogi or transcendentalist artificially. It is better to be situated in one's position and to try to attain Krsna consciousness under superior training
- No, too much authority if the authority is wrong. But if the authority is right, then it is very better to submit in one place and get everything. Just like we go to some supermarket. We get everything there, we go there
- One should also not accumulate money to become puffed up in the material world. One should earn his livelihood easily and honestly, for it is better to become a coolie for an honest livelihood than to become a great man in society by hook and crook
- One should not try to be an artificially advanced devotee, thinking "I am a first-class devotee, so it is best not to accept any disciples." Such thinking should be avoided
- One time an atheistic svami remarked, "What is the use of watering the tulasi plant? It is better to water eggplant. By watering the eggplant one can get some fruits, but what is the use of watering the tulasi?"
- One who wants to say something can show himself to be a big orator, but rather than go on speaking nonsense, better to remain silent
- Practically our creation is for enjoying in the company, in the association of the Supreme Lord. But we thought that it is better to become an imitation God and try to lord it over the material nature. That is not possible; therefore we are suffering
- Presently I am out of Calcutta. So it is better if you are still interested in our Mayapur project to see the Mayapur committee and speak with them at our temple
- Ramananda Raya said, "My dear Lord, it is better that You proceed to Jagannatha Puri alone because with me there will be many horses, elephants and soldiers, all roaring tumultuously"
- Regarding the organization of our theistic school at New Vrindaban, I am happy to know that you are now proceeding with regular classes. So it is better late than never, and now it will develop nicely
- Regarding the sketch of the Six Goswamis I think it is some imagination. Too much imagination is not good. It is better not to go beyond the limitations as described in the Sastras
- Regarding your difficulty in rendering Caitanya Bhagavata, yes you are right that you are overstepping your position. Better to stop it
- Regarding your writing, this is very much wanted, but I think that it is better if you write articles, not books. Write articles that can be printed in our Back to Godhead magazine
- Sambhavitasya, one who is very reputed, famous man, if he does something wrong, then it was better to die before such infamy is grown. This is advised. Arjuna is famous as a great fighter
- Sanatana Gosvami replied, "If you do not accept these coins, someone else will kill me for them. It is better that you save me from the danger by accepting the coins"
- Since everyone is trying to present his own point of view and reject others, it is very difficult to understand the necessity for religious principles. Therefore it is better to follow in the footsteps of the great mahajanas, great souls
- So in the Visnu-rahasya these demigod worshipers are forcefully condemned by the statement that it is better to live with the most dangerous animals than to associate with these persons
- Some new boys come, and as soon as they are given some work, not very good for sense gratification, they go away. That means they are not prepared. It is better they may go away
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then said, "If you abandon His service, it will be My fault. It is better that you remain here and render service. That will be My satisfaction"
- Sridhara Maharaja belonged to the Bagh Bazaar party. And I was living aloof. My Guru Maharaja approved. He said, "It is better that he is aloof from them"
- Srimati Radharani continued, "Please do not talk anymore about Krsna. It is better to talk about something else. We are already doomed, like the black-spotted she-deer in the forest who are enchanted by the sweet musical vibration of the hunter"
- The Bhattacarya replied, "Do not go alone to see the Deity at the Jagannatha temple. It is better that You go with me or my men"
- The landlord has taken away more than 2000 Rs, but what can I do? If I go to litigation I will have to put myself in so many anxieties. It is better to forget
- There are so many tape records of my speeches, you can select some of them to be printed with the pictures. I think that will be better attracting the general public. It is better you take a little more time but do it very nicely
- These so-called Hindus are generally impersonalists, and we do not want to have anything to do with them; better we stick to our own standard, and eventually they will all come to us for learning what is God
- Thus there is no use in endeavoring to travel up and down in the universe. It is better to chant the holy name so that one may become fully purified and eligible to return home, back to Godhead. That is the aim of life, and that is the perfection of life
- We have got the plans drawn by Saurabha and that architect, Mr. Suri, still, if we have not got sufficient funds and if there is long delay to get them, better to go ahead and build something little cheaper and very simple
- We have initiated so many projects and Centers and practically we are short handed all over the world, so it is better at this time if we work to maintain and develop whatever we have
- We have practical experience of being advised by the so-called babajis in Vrndavana that there is no need to preach and that it is better to live in Vrndavana in a solitary place and chant the holy name
- We must be dependent on God. Therefore in your Christian Bible also you go for your bread: "God, give us our daily bread." So you are dependent. So it is better to remain dependent on God than to use your so-called little freedom
- We should not open more centers at this time, especially in the smaller cities, it is better to go there with traveling Sankirtana parties, that was my point. And the deities in a moving vehicles is all right, providing they are cared for properly
- What is this prayer? "Give me a little bread"? Of course, it is better than the rascals who are atheists. They do not approach God. They say, "Oh, what is God? I am God. I shall, by economic development, I shall create so many breads."
- When Srila Narada Muni saw these boys (the Haryasvas) engaged in such commendable austerities simply for material creation, he thought it better to release them from this tendency
- Women should be under the protection. In the Manu-samhita it is said that woman should not be given freedom. Na stri svatantryam arhati. They cannot properly utilize freedom. It is better to remain dependent