Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
intellectual | intellectualism | intellectuality | intellectually | intellectuals
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Intellectual"
The following 43 pages are in this category, out of 43 total.
- A person cannot know the Absolute Truth Personality of Godhead simply by dint of mundane education or intellectual gymnastics. One can know the Supreme Truth if one has unflinching faith in the bona fide spiritual master as well as in the Lord
- According to Darwin's theory, 5000 years ago, men were uncivilized. Now this literature is written by uncivilized men. Just see. So highly intellectual writings, they were uncivilized. Now they have become civilized. That is Darwin's theory
- Although Haridasa Thakura, as a Vaisnava, did not take seriously the brahmana's offense, the Supreme Personality of Godhead could not tolerate it, and thus he made the brahmana suffer the consequences
- As the supreme master of all bodily, mental and intellectual activities, He (Lord Kamadeva) is the only enjoyer of their results. The five sense objects and eleven senses, including the mind, are His partial manifestations
- As the supreme master of all bodily, mental and intellectual activities, Krsna is the only enjoyer of their results. The five sense objects and eleven senses, including the mind, are His partial manifestations
- First bodily concept, gross, then mental, then intellectual, then spiritual. So this Krsna consciousness movement is on the spiritual platform, above body, mind and intelligence
- For whole human society, there must be a very ideal intellectual man, so that people will follow. Brain, brain of the society. That is the teachings of Bhagavad-gita. You cannot say that "We can do without brain"
- Hare Krishna Maha Mantra, CD 2 - This chanting of Hare Krsna is directly enacted from the spiritual platform, surpassing all lower states of consciousness-namely sensual, mental and intellectual
- Human intellect is developed for advancement of learning in art, science, philosophy, physics, chemistry, psychology, economics, politics, etc. By culture of such knowledge the human society can attain perfection of life
- If by the evolutionary process of philosophical life one happens to reach the platform of intellectual life and understands that he is not this material body but a spiritual soul, he is situated in the vijnana-maya stage
- Intellectual persons
- Intellectual society
- It is beyond intellectual. The intellect also belong to the body. But understanding of the soul is beyond intellectual
- She (the wife of the brahmana) said, "You are a householder; therefore without money you are in distress. But as soon as He (Krsna) understands your position, He will certainly give you sufficient riches so that you can live very comfortably"
- So far the administrator class of men, or mercantile class of men, and laborer class of men, there are many institutions but to train a first class intellectual man, there is no institution all over the world
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu honored Bhavananda Raya by saying,"You are Maharaja Pandu himself, and your wife is Kuntidevi herself. All your highly intellectual sons are representatives of the five Pandavas"
- Struck with wonder by the influence of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu's intellectual prowess, many hundreds of students came to the Lord and began studying under His direction
- The disciple can receive such teachings not exactly intellectually, but by submissive inquiries and a service attitude. The idea is that both the spiritual master and the disciple must be bona fide
- The ksatriya can serve the Supreme Lord by using his military arts, just as Arjuna served Krsna. Arjuna was a warrior; he had no time to study Vedanta or other highly intellectual books
- The mahat-tattva is the total consciousness because a portion of it is represented in everyone as the intellect. The mahat-tattva is directly connected with the supreme consciousness of the Supreme Being, but still it appears as matter
- The philosophers, they are intellectually trying to be happy. That also we have to transcend. We have (to) come to the spiritual platform, brahma-bhutah. And not only come to the spiritual platform, we must have spiritual engagement
- The Society will be obliged to you by your intellectual service more than by money; because you are a family man and you require money
- Those below the brahminical qualification - administrators, merchants and workers - should take instructions from those ideal people who are considered to be intellectuals. In this way, everyone can be elevated
- Unless one is very strong in knowledge, patience and proper bodily, mental and intellectual behavior, controlling one's lusty desires is extremely difficult
- Unless the intellect is purified and spiritualized, even the most erudite philosopher and the greatest mystic yogi will become perplexed in trying to understand Lord Krsna
- We have to maintain the temples as it is necessary to keep our spirits high. Simply intellectualism will not do, there must be practical purification
- We should use all our intellect as well as possible, and at the same time we should remember Krishna always
- When one compares the beauty, opulence, sweetness and intellectual pastimes of Vasudeva, the warrior, to Krsna, the cowherd boy, son of Nanda Maharaja, one sees that Krsna's attributes are more pleasant
- When one makes research what is God, what is God... Now, scientifically, with great intellect, one tries to understand what is God, oh, he is also good. He is also good. He is making proper research
- You appear to be in the three modes of material energy, but actually the three modes of material energy cannot cover You. This is understood by the highly intellectual philosophers
- You are saying that you are a fool, and I shall be glad to get a number of fools like you. I want such transcendental fools and not material intellectuals. May Krishna bless you