I Am This Body
"i am this body"|"i am the body"|"this is my body"|"we are this body"|"he is this body"|"he is the body"|"you are the body"|"you are this body"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► I Am Not This Body (155 P)
Pages in category "I Am This Body"
The following 74 pages are in this category, out of 74 total.
- Abodha-jatah means one who is born fool. Every one of us is a born fool. Why? From the beginning of our life I know that "I am this body," although I am not this body. Therefore we are all born fools, everyone
- Actually, to tell the truth, those who are too much bodily absorbed, that "I am this body," for them this yoga practice is recommended. Not for the intelligent man. Because one who identifies himself with this body, he is not very intelligent
- Aham mameti (SB 5.5.8): "I am this body, and in this bodily relationship he is my master, he is my servant, she is my wife, and he is my son." All these conceptions are temporary due to the inevitable change of body and the arrangement of material nature
- Almost everyone is thinking that he is this body; he has no information of the spirit soul. Guided by this misconception, one always thinks, "This is my body, and anything in relationship with this body is mine"
- As long as we are not making puffed up egocentered claims, we are already liberated. There is no need to actually seek liberation. But as long as one thinks, "I am this body," he is not liberated
- As soon as someone thinks, "I am this material body (aham mameti (SB 5.5.8)) and everything in relationship with this material body is mine," he is in illusion - moha
- At the present moment it is very strong, the conceit that "I am this body," and "I am American," and "I am Indian," "I am European," "I am Hindu," "I am Muslim," "I am brahmana," "I am ksatriya," "I am sudra," "I am this, those...," so many
- At the present moment we are jiva-bhutah. We are thinking that I am this body, but when you come to the platform that I am Brahman, I am part and parcel of Krsna, or God, then my duty changes. That is called bhakti
- Avidya means forgetfulness of one's identity. Every one of us is a spirit soul, but we have forgotten. We think, "I am this body." This is called avidya
- Because of sinful activities we become attracted by the illusion of material attachment, and we think, "I am this body." I think of the body as myself and of bodily possessions as "mine"
- Besides this, there is another conception by which one thinks, "This is my body, this is my society, this is my family, this is my nation," and so forth. This eleventh function, that of the mind, is called the false ego
- Bhagavad-gita as it is is pure knowledge, beginning with the first knowledge one has to understand, that he is not this body. Because this is the basic principle all ignorance: "I am this body." "I am American," "I am Indian," "I am brahmana,"
- Bhakti means that we have to clear ourself from the designations. What is that designation? Everyone is thinking, "I am American," "I am Indian," "I am European," "I am Australian," "I am cat," "I am dog, "I am this," "I am that" - bodily
- Bodily concept of life, it is not education. That "I am this body," "I am Indian," "I am American," "I am brahmana," "I am ksatriya," "I am white," "I am black," this education is going on in the name of nationalism, communism, socialism
- Brahman, every one of us, we are Brahman. There is no doubt about it. But unfortunately, by mistake, by illusion, I am thinking, "I am this body." So spiritual education means first of all one has to understand that aham brahmasmi
- By intelligence only can one understand whether or not he is the body. The study to determine whether one's identity is spiritual or material begins in doubt
- Can we create intelligence by mixing stool, urine, bones and blood? Nonetheless people still think - I am this body
- Covered by all this (materialistic life, house, country or field, society, sons, family, community, bank balance and so on), he will continue to think, I am this body, and everything related to this body is mine
- Darkness means "I am this body, and to fulfill the necessities of the body is the highest perfection of my life"
- Designation means falsely identifying that I am this body. Now the soul is in this body. Next time the soul is in another body. So according to the body we are having designations. As soon as we get American body, I think myself American
- Every one of us is a born fool. Why? From the beginning of our life I know that "I am this body," although I am not this body. Therefore we are all born fools, everyone. And therefore, according to Vedic civilization, one has to take his second birth
- Every one of us is thinking, "I am this body" or "This is my body," but actually the truth is different. Our bodies are given to us by the supreme proprietor
- Every one of us is under the impression that we are these bodies, but actually we are not. Accepting the body to be the self is called illusion, or maya. The third imperfection is that conditioned souls have a tendency to cheat
- False ego is typified by two attitudes: "I am this body" (ahanta), and "Everything in my bodily relationships belongs to me" (mamata)
- False ego, which is under the influence of the material modes of nature and which induces one to think, "I am this body, and everything connected with this body is mine," should be merged, along with material activities, in Rudra
- He (disciple) should be interested only in understanding the science of God, and he should be ready to consider all points in this matter. He should no longer think, “I am this body,” or, “This thing belongs to me”
- His (a man who is too materialistic) perverted consciousness - "I am this body. I belong to this material world. I belong to this country. I belong to this community. I belong to this religion. I belong to this family." - becomes greater and greater
- "I am this body" or "Everything in relationship to the body is mine" is called false ego, but when one is self-realized and thinks that he is an eternal servitor of the Supreme Lord, that identification is real ego
- I don't think in any university throughout the whole world there is such educational department where this science is handled. The soul. Whether I am this body or I'm not the body. I am not this body; that is the fact
- If anyone is in bodily concept of life that "I am this body," then the basic principle of our life becomes on the false platform, because I am not this body
- If one think "I am this body and everything belonging to this body is mine (aham mameti SB 5.5.8)," and does not show respect and love for the chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, that is an offense
- If there is no education to teach a human being what he is and whether or not he is this body, he remains no better than an ass. An ass also thinks, "I am this body," as do other animals
- If you are still thinking that you are this material body - you are Indian, you are American, you are brahmana, you are sudra, you are white, you are black - then you are in the dog's consciousness, not Krsna consciousness. That is to be learned
- If you go on constructing your big building on a defective foundation, then it will not stay. There will be danger. So modern civilization is based on this defective idea that "I am this body"
- In the material world the living entity is encaged within a material body, and due to ignorance he thinks that he is the body. Therefore here the enjoyment of lusty desires between male and female is all material
- Janasya moho 'yam: this is the illusion. And by this illusion he thinks, aham mameti: (SB 5.5.8) - I am this body, and anything in relationship with this body is mine
- Jnanis and hatha-yogis can only gradually ascend to the spiritual platform by nullifying their material discrimination on the platform of psychology and nullifying the false ego, by which one thinks, "I am this body, a product of matter"
- One is in the material world when he thinks, "I am this body, and everything with reference to my body is mine." Ato grha-ksetra-sutapta-vittair janasya moho 'yam aham mameti (SB 5.5.8). This is the symptom of material life
- One who lives in the bodily concept, thinking - I am this body - involves himself, by the very nature of this conception, in a life of sinful activities. Anyone living in such a conception is to be considered a candidate for hell
- Only if a living entity gives up the false conception that the body is the self and always thinks himself an eternal servant of Krsna and the Vaisnavas can he surpass the influence of maya - mam eva ye prapadyante mayam etam taranti te - BG 7.14
- Our fight is with the ignorance of the people, because at the present moment people are kept in ignorance, in foolishness, that he is this body, bodily identification
- Our Krsna consciousness movement is trying to educate people on this science of sciences to understand first of all that "What you are? Are you this body or different from this body?" This is essential
- People have no preliminary knowledge even. Everyone is thinking, "I am this body." "I am Indian," "I am American," "I am Hindu," "I am Muslim," "I am brahmana," "I am ksatriya." It is not this body I am
- Purification is realizing that "I am pure spirit - I am not this matter." Due to material contact, we are identifying ourselves with matter, and we are thinking, - I am this body
- The conditioned soul thinks, "I am this body," but a liberated soul thinks, "I am not this body. I am spirit soul." This "I am" is called ego, or identification of the self
- The general mass of people mistake the body for the self, and therefore they are always busy trying to maintain the body very nicely. A devotee should not associate with such people
- The idea that "I am this body, and everything belonging to this body is mine" increases, and as the whole world is put into moha, sectarian societies, families and nationalities are created, and they fight with one another
- The Krsna consciousness movement means they want to educate people, rectifying the basic principle of misconception: "I am body," "I am American," "I am Indian," "I am fat," "I am thin," "I am black," "I am white" - all bodily conception
- The mind is the cause of both material bondage and liberation. The impure mind thinks, "I am this body." The pure mind knows that he is not the material body; therefore the mind is considered to be the root of all material designations
- The present civilization is based on the bodily concept of life: "I am this body." "I am Indian," "I am American," "I am Hindu," "I am Muslim," "I am black," "I am white," and so on. The whole civilization is going on on this bodily concept of life
- The present position is misunderstanding, that "I am product of this material nature," "I am this body." "I am Indian," "I am American," "I am brahmana," "I am ksatriya," and so on
- The process of bodily self-consciousness - the misunderstanding that I am this material body and mind and, for that matter, that I am part and parcel of this material world and that everything in this material world is thus an object for my enjoyment
- The whole world is - I may say whole world, but at least the majority portion - everyone is under the impression that "I am this body." But I am not this body. I am soul
- The whole world is going on under the illusion that "I am this body." Therefore there is no peace. I am thinking that I am Indian, you are thinking that you are American, and a Chinese man is thinking that he is Chinese
- There is no institution, no school, no college, no university where this education is given, that "What I am? Am I this body, or I am something else? No. I am something else." So this education can be given through this Krsna consciousness movement
- They are thinking of philanthropic work, but still thinking that "I am this body." So what that philanthropic work will do?
- They have developed a civilization on that animal propensities, means "I am this body, and the best use of my life is to gratify senses." This is animal. "I am this body." Body means the senses. "And to satisfy the senses is the highest perfection"
- This attachment increases (anything relationship to this body). The material attachment involves thinking, - I am this body, and because I have this body in a particular place, that is my country. And that is going on
- This body is a machine that we are accepting as self - "I am this machine." Whole world is accepting - I am this body, I am Hindu, I am Muslim, Christian, I am American, Indian, I am black, I am white. No. Therefore Krsna says: You are not this body
- This is because those great kings could not even conquer the false consciousness of "I am this body, and this is my property." Thus they simply created enmity with rival kings, fought with them and died without having discharged life's real mission
- This is conditional life. Everyone is thinking, "I am this body." Everyone is committing mistake. Illusion and mistake
- This process of chanting is so nice that it cleanses the heart, misunderstanding that "I am this body. I belong to this nation. I belong to this community. I belong to this religion." No. "I belong to Krsna," that's all
- Those who are allured by the bodily concept are no better than cats and dogs. If we accept that "I am this body," then we are not better than the cats and dogs because their concept of life is like that
- Those whose intelligence is fixed in the bodily conception, who think, "I am this body," are fit food for dogs and jackals. The Supreme Lord never bestows His mercy upon such people
- Under this illusion (that I am this body), when he dies he gets another body. That may be a superior body or inferior body, according to his karma
- Unfortunately people in this modern civilization never stop to inquire what they are or who they are. They are simply laboring hard, working hard all day in an office or factory, under the impression that - I am this body
- We are attached to this material world. But when we are united, man and woman together, our attachment for this material world becomes increased. Material world means "I am this body, and in relationship with this body everything is mine"
- What I am, then you have to study in this way, whether you are this body or you are something else. Is it not? So that is in the beginning of the Bhagavad-gita explained, dehino 'smin yatha dehe kaumaram yauvanam jara
- When one thinks, "I am this body," he's a rascal. If one thinks that "I am servant of God," that is real ego. And if one thinks, "I am servant of Satan," that is not very good
- Why there is so much fighting? Everyone is thinking, "I am this body." This bodily concept of life is maya, illusion, or ignorance. So the whole process is to drive away the ignorance. Drive away. That is called jnana. We are in the ajnana