Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
hunger | hungered | hungers | hungrily | hungry
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Hunger"
The following 112 pages are in this category, out of 112 total.
- A paramahamsa like Madhavendra Puri is always satisfied in the loving service of the Lord. Material hunger and thirst cannot impede his activities
- According to Ayur-vedic sastra, we understand that there is a fire in the stomach which digests all food sent there. When the fire is not blazing there is no hunger, and when the fire is in order we become hungry
- After taking his dinner and having his thirst and hunger satisfied, King Puranjana felt some joy within his heart. Instead of being elevated to a higher consciousness, he became captivated by Cupid, and was moved by a desire to find his wife
- All of these (passion and ignorance, which are exhibited by attachment, hostility, greed, lamentation, illusion, fear, madness, prestige, insults, fault-finding, deception, envy, intolerance, passion, bewilderment, hunger and sleep) are enemies
- All these poor creatures are constantly perplexed by hunger, thirst, severe cold, secretion and bile, attacked by coughing winter, blasting summer, rains and many other disturbing elements, and overwhelmed by strong sex urges and indefatigable anger
- An ideal householder is required to call for any unknown hungry man to come and dine before he himself goes to take his meals. He is required to call for such a hungry man thrice on the road
- As far as the material body is concerned, there are six "waves," or symptomatic material conditions: hunger, thirst, lamentation, bewilderment, old age and death. The liberated soul is never concerned with these six physical interactions
- At that moment (when Krsna was eating at Pandava's place) all of the sages accompanying Durvasa were taking bath in the river, and when Krsna felt satisfaction from eating Draupadi's offering, they also felt satisfaction, and their hunger was gone
- Atyaharah, eating more than you require. Actually, we should not eat unless we are very hungry. That is good eating
- Because I (Pariksit) am drinking the nectar of topics about Krsna, which is flowing from the lotus mouth of your Lordship (Sukadeva Gosvami), my hunger and thirst, which are extremely difficult to bear, cannot hinder me
- Because of the material body, every living entity in material existence is always disturbed by sad-guna, six whips - hunger, thirst, lamentation, illusion, invalidity and death
- Because the conditioned soul is always disturbed by the bodily necessities such as hunger and thirst, he has very little time to cultivate attachment to hearing the nectarean words of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Because you have no faith in God, you are thinking that you will die out of hunger. That is not the position
- Before this picturesque sight, Lord Krsna appeared as a child. He felt hungry, and to increase His mother’s love, He wanted her to stop churning. He indicated that her first business was to let Him suck her breast, and then she could churn butter later
- Being distressed by hunger and thirst was only a show, because the King (Pariksit) endured much, even in the womb of his mother. He was never disturbed by the glaring heat of the brahmastra released by Asvatthama
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura says: mayara vase yaccho bhese. "You are being washed away, carried away, by the currents." The currents also described. The first current is hunger. The second current is thirst. Similarly another current, janma mrtyu
- By placing King Pariksit in an awkward position, the incarnation of Srimad-Bhagavatam was created by the will of the Lord. Being distressed by hunger and thirst was only a show, because the King endured much, even in the womb of his mother
- By practice of yoga one can control hunger, and worldliness can be avoided by culturing the knowledge of impermanence
- Either chant Hare Krsna or read books. And when you are hungry, you take little prasadam. Don't take much. Then you will sleep more. Take as little as possible. Then you will also sleep
- Even the artah, even a distressed person, he is praying to the Supreme Authority, "My God, I am very much hungry. Kindly give me my daily bread." He's also philosopher, because he's searching out the Absolute Truth
- I am here, always working, something reading or writing, something reading or writing, twenty-four hours. Simply when I feel hungry, I take some food. And simply when I feel asleep, I go to bed
- If one is so hungry that he could devour one pound of foodstuffs, then instead he should consume only half a pound and supplement this with four ounces of water; one fourth of the stomach should be left empty for passage of air in the stomach
- If one who is embarrassed by hunger or who falls down or stumbles chants the holy name of the Lord even once, willingly or unwillingly, he is immediately freed from the reactions of his past deeds
- If someone eagerly continues to hear such transcendental sounds, then certainly he will become freed from all material hunger, thirst, fear and lamentation, as well as all illusions of material existence
- If you offer Krsna little things... Krsna is not hungry; Krsna is providing food for everyone. Eko yo bahunam vidadhati kaman. But Krsna wants your love, your devotion. Therefore He is begging little patram puspam phalam toyam
- In all our temples the prasada distribution should be so random, that within ten miles nobody should remain hungry
- In the conditioned stage, one's conceptions of life are sometimes polluted by passion and ignorance, which are exhibited by false prestige, insults, fault-finding, deception, envy, intolerance, passion, bewilderment, hunger and sleep
- It is not that we start a mission just to make some money and to fill up our belly, hungry belly. No. It is a mission to see that everyone is happy in Krsna consciousness. This is the mission
- Krsna cannot be polluted by any sinful activity, Krsna never dies, Krsna never becomes old, Krsna is never subject to lamentation, Krsna is never hungry, and He is never thirsty
- Krsna consciousness is such a transcendentally nice thing that automatically material enjoyment becomes distasteful. It is as if a hungry man had satisfied his hunger by a sufficient quantity of nutritious eatables
- Krsna has no hunger. Even if He is hungry, He can fulfill it Himself. He doesn't require your help. But He accepts your foodstuff because you offer Him with bhakti. That is the main thing
- Krsna is not a hungry man like me, that "If you give Me something, I will eat everything, finished." No. Krsna can take the whole plate; still it will remain the whole plate, for giving prasadam
- Krsna is not hungry, but Krsna wants to make you devotee. That is the main point. Yo me bhaktya prayacchati. That is the main principle. If you offer Krsna little things... Krsna is not hungry; Krsna is providing food for everyone
- Krsna once told Radharani, "My dear friend, when You tried to meet Me alone in the morning, Your friend Mekhala remained hungry with envy. Just look at her"
- Krsna said, "Let us have our lunch in this spot because it is already late and we are feeling hungry. Let the calves remain near us, and drink water from the Yamuna. While we engage in our lunch-taking, the calves may engage in eating the soft grasses"
- Krsna says that "Anyone who offers Me a little fruit, a little water, and little leaf with devotion and love, I accept it." Krsna is not hungry that He is begging some food from us. No. He is trying to create loving transaction
- Krsna says, "My devotee, with affection," yo me bhaktya prayacchati. Krsna is not hungry. Krsna has not come to you for accepting your offering because He is hungry. No. He is not hungry. He is self-complete
- Leaders who think a hungry man or woman has no use for God and religion should be told emphatically that no man or woman in the world is not hungry - and that it is precisely the hungry man or woman who has to understand God
- Lower animals have knowledge only of their hunger and thirst. They have no acquired knowledge, no vision. Their behavior exhibits no dependence on formalities
- Maha-bhagavatas, or first-grade devotees, although moving amongst men, are not contaminated by honor or insult, hunger or satisfaction, sleep or wakefulness, which are all resultant actions of the three modes of material nature
- Maharaja Pariksit became angry and envious at the sage due to his thirst and hunger, by the will of the Lord
- Maharaja Pariksit said, "Hunger and thirst may give trouble to ordinary persons or to me, but the topics of Krsna are so nice that one can continue to hear them without feeling tired because such hearing situates one in the transcendental position"
- Maharaja Pariksit was a pure devotee of the Lord, and there was no reason for him to become extremely fatigued, hungry and thirsty because a devotee of the Lord never becomes perturbed by such bodily demands
- Many waterpots were filled with scented water for drinking, and Lord Sri Gopala, who had been hungry for many days, ate everything offered to Him
- Mucukunda continued, "As soon as the allotted time is over, Your Lordship immediately ends all the activities of our material dreams. As the time factor, You end all our activities, as a hungry black snake swiftly swallows up a small rat without leniency"
- No one can serve the chief simply by serving the subordinates. In other words, it is not possible to satisfy one's inner hunger simply by soaping the outer clothing
- Not caring about eating, he traveled all day. Hunger was not an impediment, for his mind was concentrated upon obtaining shelter at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Now I am especially concerned to distribute grains, rice, wheat in the form of dahl and rice prasadam to hungry people all over India
- Patri said to Krsna: "I am suffering from Your separation, which is more severe than the hunger of Aghasura, the poison of Lake Kaliya and the burning of the forest fire. So why should You not protect me from the pangs of separation?"
- People are doing like that. They are eating in the morning and working very hard whole day, and in the evening again he becomes hungry and eats more sumptuously. That is his happiness
- Ramananda Raya continued, "As long as there is hunger and thirst within the stomach, varieties of food and drink make one feel very happy"
- Regarding Jadurani's diet, let her take fruits, vegetables, milk, capatis, and also when she is hungry she may take a little rice and some thin mung dahl
- Routine eating must be there. We should not eat more than that. But the best principle is if we do not feel hungry, we should not eat. But if there is no hunger and at the same time no appetite and we eat, that brings indigestion, dysentery, indigestion
- Similarly, had Maharaja Pariksit not been fatigued, hungry and thirsty at this time, Srimad-Bhagavatam would not have been spoken by Srila Sukadeva Gosvami, the prime authority of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Sometimes a person who is very attached to his family becomes overwhelmed with hunger, and due to his miserable condition he becomes furious with his family members
- Sri Krsna had ordered His friend Sudama to go to a brahmana's house and ask for some food. The brahmanas were performing a great sacrifice, and Sri Krsna told Sudama to plead with them that He and Balarama were feeling hungry and needed some food
- Still hungry, Durvasa Muni, his body trembling, his face curved and his eyebrows crooked in a frown, angrily spoke as follows to King Ambarisa, who stood before him with folded hands
- The boys said, "All of us are very hungry; therefore, we have come to you (the wives of the brahmanas) for some food. Please give us something to eat for Krsna, Balarama and ourselves"
- The brahmanas continued, "He (Krsna) had no need to send them (His friends). He could have satisfied their hunger then and there just by willing to do so"
- The cowherd boys went on saying, "Please arrange for something that will mitigate our hunger" Requested in this way by Their friends, Lord Krsna and Balarama arranged to show compassion to certain wives of brahmanas who were performing sacrifices
- The effects of war or pitched upheavals touch the body only and not the soul, much as the effects of a sumptuous feast touch the hunger of the stomach only and not that of the mind
- The effects of war or pitched upheavals touch the body only and not the soul, much as the effects of a sumptuous feast touch the hunger of the stomach only and not that of the mind. None of these material effects ever touches the eternal living entity
- The entire world is suffering because of spiritual thirst. Every living being is Brahman, or spirit soul, and needs spiritual food to satisfy his hunger and thirst. Unfortunately, however, the world is completely unaware of the nectar of krsna-katha
- The example is given just like a hungry man, when he's eating, as he's eating so he's feeling satisfaction and no hunger, proportionately. And at one time it will come, he'll say, "No, I don't want any more. I am completely satisfied."
- The five sense organs through which knowledge is acquired are subjected to six kinds of whips: lamentation, illusion, infirmity, death, hunger and thirst
- The general tendency is to avoid transcendental subject matters as far as possible or, in any case, not to go into the details. Even the biggest political leaders have been heard to say that the hungry man or woman finds no meaning in God and religion
- The hunger of the Lord is to accept the fruits of sacrifice. The brahmanas, or the intelligent class, must be very expert in performing such sacrifices, and the subordinate classes must join in such sacrifices
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana and their animals remained there for 1 week without being disturbed by hunger, thirst or any other discomforts. They were simply astonished to see how Krsna was holding up the mountain with the little finger of His left hand
- The King (Puranjana), very much fatigued, hungry and thirsty, returned to his royal palace. After returning, he took a bath and had an appropriate dinner. Then he took rest and thus became freed from all restlessness
- The King's (Pariksit's) anger and envy, directed toward the brahmana sage (Srngi's father), were unprecedented, being that circumstances had made him hungry and thirsty
- The King's (Pariksit's) distressed condition was certainly unprecedented. The devotees like Maharaja Pariksit are powerful enough to forbear such (hunger and thirst) distresses, by the will of the Lord, and they are never disturbed
- The morning passed, and the cowherd boys were very hungry because they had not eaten breakfast
- The ocean is considered to be the presiding deity of the abdomen, where the feelings of hunger and thirst originate. When there is an irregularity in hunger and thirst, one is advised, according to Ayur-vedic treatment, to take a bath in the ocean
- The paramahamsa is called vijita-sad-guna. He must conquer the six material qualities - kama, krodha, lobha, moha, matsarya and ksudha-trsna (lust, anger, greed, illusion, enviousness and hunger and thirst)
- The proprietor of the house, he will take his meals, and before taking his meals, he will stand outdoors and call, "If somebody is hungry, please come. Still there is food here." And if there is no response, then he'll take. This is the Vedic system
- The so-called service to the humanity means washing the coat. Just like if you are hungry and I wash your coat very nicely with soap, will you be satisfied? No. That is not possible. So every one of us is spiritually hungry
- The strong bodily desires and needs of a person disturbed by hunger and thirst are certainly satisfied when he eats. Similarly, if one becomes very angry, that anger is satisfied by chastisement and its reaction
- The transcendental gardener, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, distributed handful after handful of fruit in all directions, and when the poor, hungry people ate the fruit, the gardener smiled with great pleasure
- These (hunger, thirst, lamentation, illusion, old age and death) are the whips of material existence, and as long as one remained in that Sudharma assembly house he would not be affected by these six material whips
- They (different rulers of the world) were very weak due to hunger, and their faces had lost all beauty and luster. The kings' long imprisonment had caused every part of their bodies to become slack and invalid
- They (the cowherd boys) immediately approached Krsna and Balarama and said, "Dear Krsna and Balarama, You are both all-powerful; You can kill many, many demons, but today we are much afflicted with hunger, and this is disturbing us"
- This food distribution program is to be done very, very nicely as I have already written in my last letter. Generally people make a plea that why are there so many hungry and naked. So we invite all hungry and naked people to come to us
- This is not higher science. Higher science is brahma-jijnasa, to inquire about Brahman. That is higher science. This science, earning money and fulfilling the hungry belly, this science the birds and beast also know how to do it
- This is very nice argument, that in the jungle there are carnivorous animals, but they don't maintain slaughterhouse. Neither they attack unless they are hungry
- Tormented by hunger and thirst, attacked by monstrous makaras and timingila fish and battered by the wind and waves, Markandeya Rsi moved aimlessly through the infinite darkness into which he had fallen
- We become hungry, we become thirsty. We become overwhelmed with regret, soka moha, illusion, then birth, death, so many currents. We are being carried away. I am spirit soul. I am put into the material ocean
- We have to earn some wealth just in order to push on with our material existence. In exchange for that wealth, we have to secure the necessities of life, and primarily, we have to cook something for our hungry stomach
- We have very little chance of escaping this bondage of action and reaction - work and its fruitive results. Even after abdicating all work and accepting the life of a sannyasi, or renunciant, one still has to work, if only for his hungry stomach
- We say everyone, "Come and eat." Why he should remain hungry? We invite everyone, "Come here, eat, no charge." We don't charge. Why he should remain hungry? Let us increase this program. All hungry men of Melbourne city, come here
- When a hungry man is given food to eat, he feels satiation of hunger and the pleasure of dining simultaneously. Thus he does not have to ask whether he has actually been fed or not
- When Caitanya Mahaprabhu was traveling alone, wherever He goes, He was invited. That system is still there. A sannyasi is never hungry. So many people will provide him
- When he saw the beauty of that boy, Madhavendra Puri became very satisfied. Hearing His sweet words, he forgot all hunger and thirst
- When the sudra went away, another guest arrived, surrounded by dogs, and said, "O King (Rantideva), I and my company of dogs are very hungry. Please give us something to eat"
- When there is insufficient hunger and thirst, it is understood that there is a shortage of fire within the stomach, and the Ayur-vedic treatment is performed in connection with the fire element, agni-mandyam
- When your hunger is satisfied, appetite is appeased, then you naturally you feel, "Yes, I am satisfied." You don't require to enquire anyone. Therefore it is called self-realization. Automatically you realize. You don't require to enquire