Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Hundred"
The following 113 pages are in this category, out of 113 total.
- I am the servant of the servant of the servant of the servant - one hundred times down the servant. Of who - The maintainer of the gopis, Krsna
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that "I am a brahmacari-sannyasi, but if I can bring Krsna conscious child, I can beget hundred children. I have no objection."
- A man is working whole day and night, and because he's getting some paper where it is written, "We trust in God. Take this paper, hundred dollars. I cheat you"
- According to Vedic astronomical calculations, the rotation of the sun consists of sixty dandas, and it is divided into thirty-six hundred palas
- Advaita Acarya pointed out that at Jagannatha Puri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ate fifty-four times a day, and each time He ate many hundreds of pots of food
- After all, at Jagannatha Puri You eat fifty-two times a day, and each time You eat hundreds of buckets filled with prasadam
- All around the three eating places were a hundred pots filled with various kinds of vegetables
- Although Krsna had more than 16,100 wives, He used to behave with each of them with familial affection
- Although the members of the Panca-tattva plundered the storehouse of love of Godhead & distributed its contents, there was no scarcity for this wonderful storehouse is so complete that as the love is distributed the supply increases hundreds of times
- An example of Krsna's equilibrium is given in the Tenth Canto, 16th Chapter, 29th verse, of Srimad-Bhagavatam in connection with His chastising Kaliya, the hundred-headed serpent
- Anything grown in the garden, that is hundred times valuable than it is purchased from the market
- As for the $150 you will be receiving each month for the next five years, I think that will be sufficient tuition for your two children at Gurukula, and that will oblige your debt to Gurukula
- As soon as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu called for water, all the men immediately brought the hundred waterpots, which were completely filled, and delivered them before the Lord
- As soon as the superintendent understood the desire of the Lord, he immediately delivered a hundred new waterpots and a hundred brooms for sweeping the temple
- As Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was vibrating the holy name of Krsna in ecstatic love, He Himself was performing the work of hundreds of men
- Even a hundred men cooking on a hundred stoves could not possibly finish all these preparations within so short a time
- Even if you live for one day or two days and simply engaged in devotional service that will be 100 times increased. Therefore ordinary men is advised not to live in holy places more than three days
- Even the first incarnation of the Lord, namely Sesa, has not been able to reach the limit of such knowledge, although He is describing the qualities of the Lord with ten hundred faces
- Even with hundreds of mouths I could not express the transcendental pleasure She derives from My association
- Everywhere. Two hundred men already subscribed. If we increase subscribers - many, many
- For composing I think Rayarama has not given you the right time. It must be ready within one and a half months after the machine is there. By rough calculation, one can compose at least 10 pages per day, so for 400 pages it takes utmost 40-45 days
- For the last two hundred, three hundred years, from India so many svamis, yogis came. But because they missed Krsna, it was all useless
- For the Lord's service we can ask for His grace and mercy a hundred times, but for our sense gratification we cannot pray or ask anything - that is pure devotion
- Formerly people were going in bullock cart or horse carriage from one village to another. "That was primitive. Now we can go hundred miles away from home for earning money and taking risk to die at any moment. That is progress"
- Fourteen hundred thousand pieces of this earthly planet can be thrown into the sun planet, it is so big. Unless it is so big, how it is possible the sun planet is distributing heat and light for millions and millions of years?
- From each branch grew many hundreds of subbranches. No one can count how many branches thus grew
- He (Krsna) claims all living entities as His sons, so the fact that He had 161,080 sons attached to Him personally should be no cause for astonishment. Among Krsna's greatly powerful sons, eighteen sons were maha-rathas
- Hundreds of devotees brought water in the pots, and hundreds took the empty pots away to fill them up again
- I am due to realize from BTG department about $8,000.00. $2900.00 was advanced to Iskcon Press in your presence and $5,000.00 Brahmananda was to pay but it was withheld on account of imminent expenditure. Please see to this
- I pray to Krishna that you both live for at least 100 years so that you may spread Krishna consciousness to the full extent
- I worship Lord Kesava. Coming back from the forest of Vraja, He is worshiped by the gopis, who mount the roofs of their palaces and meet Him on the path with a hundred manners of dancing glances and gentle smiles
- If he can distribute 105 Gitas and 105 Sri Isopanisad in one day in dhoti in Chicago, why not try for this in other places as well
- If I have got power to print paper and distribute it as money, you are dissatisfied, getting hundred rupees, you want two hundred, so what is to me? I print and give you. This is artificial inflation
- If you deposit one cent daily, one day it may become a hundred dollars. So when you get the hundred dollars, you can get the business. (laughter) So you come here daily, one cent, one cent... When it will be hundred dollars, you will become a devotee
- If you have got time, if, if you haven't got to do anything else, you can continue, sixteen hundred. It is not mechanical: "Now I have finished sixteen rounds, that's all." Why sixteen rounds? You chant sixteen hundred rounds
- If you think of Krsna twenty-four hours, Krsna will think of you twenty-six hours. (laughter) Krsna is so kind. If you do some service for Krsna, Krsna will reward you hundred times
- In Brahma-samhita the name of Krsna is there. Isvarah paramah krsnah (Bs. 5.1), beginning. That is the fifth chapter. There were hundred chapters. Only fifth chapter is available
- In the Gautamiya Tantra all the verses are called prayers. Again in the Srimad-Bhagavatam, there are hundreds of prayers to the Lord. So a devotee should select some of these prayers for his recitation
- In this way all the rooms were cleansed with a hundred waterpots. After the rooms had been cleansed, the minds of the devotees were as clean as the rooms
- In two days Dvarakadhisa distributed over a hundred (books)... Very good. That's a great service
- Is it not? "We trust in God. I promise to pay you. Take this paper now. Not even one cent worth. It is written there hundred dollars." So I am thinking I am very happy: "Now I have got this paper." That's all. Cheaters and cheated. This is going on
- It appeared as though Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu were cleansing and washing with a hundred hands. He approached every devotee just to teach him how to work
- It so happened that Nimai Pandita met Kesava Kasmiri while strolling on the banks of the Ganges. The Lord requested him to compose a Sanskrit verse in praise of the Ganges, and the pandita within a short time composed a hundred slokas
- Nanda Maharaj, the father of Krsna, used to think: "In my pasturing ground the goddess of fortune is personally present, and I possess more than ten hundred, thousand cows which loiter here and there"
- Nothing can be solved by placing wealth in the hands of the communists or the capitalists. If a hundred-dollar bill is lying on the street, someone may pick it up and put it in his pocket. Such a man is not honest
- On the lower slopes of Mandara Mountain is a mango tree named Devacuta. It is 1,100 yojanas high. Mangoes as big as mountain peaks and as sweet as nectar fall from the top of this tree for the enjoyment of the denizens of heaven
- Once Brahma was watching all the cows and the cowherd boys dressed in yellow garments and decorated with valuable jewels. The boys were expanding their four arms and were being worshiped by many hundreds of other Brahmas
- Once Lord Krsna considered within His heart, "One who has a hundred times more qualities than Me could give pleasure to My mind"
- Once Lord Krsna considered within His heart, "The happiness I feel when meeting Radharani is a hundred times greater than the happiness I get from meeting others"
- One should not misunderstand by wrong interpretations that the Lord spoke only four verses and that therefore all the rest of the 17,994 verses (in Srimad-Bhagavatam) are useless
- One week ago the secretary of Mr. Klein's APTKO record company called our temple and said that the check is ready for you, please come and pick it up. In response to this, Rsi Kumar went to that APTKO Co. and they wanted to give him a check for $1,900
- Our Guru Maharaj used to say these books are brhad mrdanga. See if you play the mrdanga here ten, twenty, hundred people can hear it. And if you play this brhad mrdanga then from one corner to the other everyone can hear it
- Out of the hundred celebrated slokas composed by the Bhattacarya in praise of the Lord (Caitanya), the following two are most important, and these two slokas explain the mission of the Lord in gist
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya composed a hundred verses in appreciation of the Lord's activities, and that those verses were so great that they could not be surpassed even by Brhaspati, the greatest learned scholar in the heavenly planets
- She (one gopi) praised His (Krsna's) blackish complexion, the reddish color of chewing pan enhancing His beauty hundreds of times, the curling hair on His head, the kunkuma red spots on His body and the tilaka on His forehead
- She made a hundred varieties of condiments and pickles. She also made koli-sunthi, koli-curna, koli-khanda and many other preparations. How many should I name
- Since hundreds of men were engaged in bringing water from the lake, there was no place to stand on the banks. Consequently someone began to draw water from a well
- So in Vrndavana there are many hundreds of temples wherein the Deity is worshiped exactly like a king
- So long you remain intoxicated with, it is all zero. But as soon as you put Krsna, it becomes ten, hundred, thousand, millions. You American boys and girls, you have got this opportunity. You have got zeroes. Put Krsna. You become ten
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mind was absorbed in ecstatic love at Jagannatha Puri, but when He passed along the road on the way to Vrndavana, that love increased a hundred times
- Srila Ramananda Raya then saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to be as brilliant as a hundred suns. The Lord was covered by a saffron garment. He was large in body and very strongly built, and His eyes were like lotus petals
- Suppose you are working, you are getting, say, hundred dollars. You give it to Krsna. That is service
- The air carrying the scent from the mouths of those who drink that honey perfumes the land for a hundred yojanas around
- The cost for the food needed to invite Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was fixed at two panas of kaudis (160 conchshells), and that food would be taken by two men and sometimes three
- The cycle of Satya is characterized by virtue, wisdom and religion, there being practically no ignorance and vice, and the yuga lasts 1,728,000 years
- The decorations included bright mirrors and hundreds and hundreds of camaras (white whisks made of yak tails). On top of the car were a neat and clean canopy and a very beautiful flag
- The demon Bhaumasura immediately released a weapon called Sataghni, by which he could kill hundreds of warriors with one stroke, and all his assistants simultaneously threw their respective weapons at the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The Digvijayi, Kesava Kasmiri, inquired which verse He wanted explained. The Lord then recited one of the one hundred verses Kesava Kasmiri had composed
- The pastimes of Lord Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu are the essence of nectar. From the stream of one of His pastimes flow hundreds and thousands of branches
- The scientists can manufacture a big jet airplane 747, but they cannot manufacture a tiny mosquito, so what is their so-called declaration of independence
- The sun globe, which is a source of heat, extends for 10,000 yojanas (80,000 miles). The moon extends for 20,000 yojanas (160,000 miles), and Rahu extends for 30,000 yojanas (240,000 miles)
- The third man who sees the hundred-dollar bill may pick it up, find the man who lost it and deliver it to him
- The yogic process is like that. But that is not the process of check, stopping death. You can delay death. That you can delay, so it's a hundred years, two hundred years, five hundred years, or even more than that
- Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to His personal devotees and began speaking about Haridasa Thakura's transcendental qualities as if He had hundreds of mouths
- These Brahmas had different numbers of heads. Some had ten heads, some twenty, some a hundred, some a thousand, some ten thousand, some a hundred thousand, some ten million and others a hundred million. No one can count the number of faces they had
- This is ideal of human civilization. The every woman should try to become maidservant of her husband, and every man should try to become the hundred times servant of Krsna. This is Indian civilization. Not that "Husband and wife, we are equal rights"
- This means that he gave 900,000 chariots. And he (King Nagnajit) gave a hundred times more horses than chariots, or 90,000,000 horses, and a hundred times more menservants than horses
- Thus many hundreds of people became Vaisnavas when they passed the Lord on the way and were embraced by Him
- Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu criticized Sankaracarya's Sariraka-bhasya as imaginary, and He pointed out hundreds of faults in it. To defend Sankaracarya, however, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya presented unlimited opposition
- To behold this wonderful pastime of the Lord's, the denizens of heaven and their wives, all very eager to see the dance, flew in the sky in their hundreds of airplanes. They showered flowers and beat sweetly on drums
- Today or tomorrow or fifty years after or a hundred years after, everyone knows that he will be slaughtered. He will die. Death means slaughter. Nobody wants to die
- We are having many meetings, almost every night, in various places with good notice. Daily our Sankirtana party goes down town where they are followed by hundreds of Indians
- We have got 102 centers, and each center you'll find hundred, two hundred, 250 devotees like that. You see the picture. No, no. First picture. All these young boys and girls, how they are happy, you can see from the picture
- We have got about hundred branches, and each branch, there are not less than twenty-five up to 250. So average, if you take one hundred, then it is ten thousand. Yes. Ten thousand. And all of them are young, within thirty, within thirty
- We should always feel when we open a temple that the Deity is living and not dead stone or wood. It is a great offense. Before opening a temple it must be considered a hundred times, and after opening it cannot be closed
- Whatever the disciples bring, that is his income. No salary, no contract, that "If you pay me hundred dollars or five hundred dollars weekly, then I can teach you." No. There is no such contract. Teaching is free
- When a ksatriya prince is married, at least a dozen maidservants of similar age are given along with the bride. After giving the cows & maidservants, the King enriched the dowry by giving 9,000 elephants and a hundred times more chariots than elephants
- When Akrura also refused to give him shelter, Satadhanva decided to deliver the Syamantaka jewel into the hands of Akrura. Then, riding on a horse which could run at great speed and up to four hundred miles at a stretch, he fled the city
- When Bahulasva, the King of Mithila, saw Krsna at his palace, he decided to offer his respects by bowing down before Him at least a hundred times
- When I came to your country first, I had no center. But who has provided all these hundred temples, big, big palaces, temples? To remain under the protection of Krsna you get so much facility. Why not be grateful to Krsna?
- When Krsna, smiling, looked at the faces of the gopis, the beauty of their faces became a hundred times enhanced. When He was enjoying them in their midst, He appeared just like the full moon surrounded by millions of shining stars
- When the brahmana, Kesava Kasmiri, heard this, he became still more puffed up, and within one hour he composed one hundred verses describing mother Ganges
- When the Deity was being installed, nine hundred pots of water were brought from Govinda-kunda. There were musical sounds of bugles and drums and the singing of women
- When the nectar of Krsna's pastimes is sprinkled on Srimati Radharani, all Her friends, the gopis, immediately appreciate the pleasure a hundred times more than if they were sprinkled themselves. Actually this is not at all wonderful
- Which philosophy is better, 50 or 100 year old Darwin philosophy, or eternal Krishna philosophy? Just try to understand. Approach Krishna way of life from every angle - it is perfect
- While Krsna was dancing on his hoods, Kaliya tried to push Him down with some of his other hoods. Kaliya had about a hundred hoods, but Krsna took control of them. He began to dash Kaliya with His lotus feet, and this was more than the serpent could bear
- While the couple (Kardama Muni and Devahuti), who eagerly longed for sexual pleasure, were enjoying themselves by virtue of mystic powers, a hundred autumns passed like a brief span of time
- While the temple was being swept, about a hundred men stood ready with filled waterpots, and they simply awaited the Lord's order to throw the water from them
- With this dress you look so beautiful. This Vedic dress is also nice, very beautiful. It increases the beauty hundred times by this dress
- Within a very short time, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ate enough for a hundred people. Then He asked Govinda, "Is there anything more left"
- You go on posting leaflets regularly at least daily 100 to the addresses of respectable gentlemen taking from an authorized mailing list or else from the telephone book. After a week from the posting date you can ask the gentlemen by phone as follows
- You have no experience. In India we have got experience. Each and every monkey has got at least hundred girls with him. Hundred, one hundred. So what we able to enjoy?
- You have to learn how to become servant of the servant of Krsna. The more you become in the lower position - servant, servant, servant, servant, servant, hundreds times servant, servant - then more you are advanced
- You take the hundred note and you ask, "To whom this hundred dollar note belongs?" If you give him, that's a great service