Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Humility"
The following 110 pages are in this category, out of 110 total.
- A person who is puffed up by education has no humility and therefore does not seek the protection of a bona fide spiritual master. He thinks that he does not require a spiritual master and that he can achieve the perfection by his own efforts
- A person who sometimes exhibits humility and bashfulness is called shy
- A sense of weakness caused by distress, fearfulness or offensiveness is called humility. In this condition one becomes talkative, small in heart, dirty in mind, full of anxiety and inactive
- A Vaisnava accepts sannyasa out of humility, not out of pride
- After receiving the Lord's causeless mercy, the two brothers folded their hands and in great humility offered the following prayers unto the Lord
- After repeating obeisances for a long time, Brahma stood up and smeared his hands over his eyes. Seeing the Lord before him, he, trembling, began to offer prayers with great respect, humility and attention
- Akrura thought, "By His (Krsna's) merciful embrace, surely my body, heart and soul will be completely cleansed of the actions and reactions of my past life. When our bodies touch, I will immediately stand up with folded hands, with all humility"
- Akrura thought, "Even though I am on a sinful mission, being deputed by Kamsa, when I approach the Supreme Personality of Godhead (Krsna), I shall stand before Him with all humility and folded hands"
- Although Bali Maharaja was actually following the path of his grandfather (Prahlad Maharaja), because of his great humility he thought that he was not
- Although everyone is a servant of the Lord, one Vaisnava servant, because of humility, sees another servant as his master
- Although Haridasa Thakura was the greatest of all Hindus in his behavior, he considered himself a Muhammadan and did not enter the temple. Lord Caitanya could understand his humility
- Anxiety, impotence, humility, anger and impatience were all like soldiers fighting, and the madness of love of Godhead was the cause
- Approaching him with great humility, Vallabha Bhatta said, "I have taken shelter of you, my dear sir. Kindly be merciful to me and save my life"
- At that time, however, Vasudeva, the father of Lord Krsna and the most celebrated of all pious men, approached the sages and with great humility offered his respects by falling down at their feet
- Beauty, humility, mercy, merit, patience and expert intelligence are all manifested in Krsna. But besides these, Krsna has other qualities like good behavior, mildness and magnanimity
- Being encouraged by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's words, Gadadhara Pandita became absorbed in ecstatic love. Immediately clasping the lotus feet of the Lord, he began to speak with great humility
- Bodily symptoms which express overwhelming ecstatic love: disappointment, lamentation, humility, guilt, fatigue, intoxication, pride, doubt, apprehension, intense emotion, madness, forgetfulness, disease, confusion, death, laziness, inertness
- Haridasa Thakura, although certainly competent and qualified to enter the temple, did not want even to go near it. This is called Vaisnava humility
- He (Vidyadhara, the serpent) offered obeisances to Lord Krsna and stood before Him with great humility. Krsna then asked the demigod, "You appear to be a very nice demigod and to be favored by the goddess of fortune"
- He offered his obeisances to Pradyumna Misra with all respect and then, with great humility, spoke as follows
- His sweet words, His simplicity, His shyness, His humility, His constant readiness to offer respect to the elderly, and His charity. All of these qualities are considered ecstatic provocations for parental love
- Humility and meekness are not appropriate when the acaryas are blasphemed
- Humility is also one of the qualifications of a transcendentally situated person, and out of sheer humility the sannyasi goes from door to door, not exactly for the purpose of begging, but to see the householders and awaken them to Krsna consciousness
- Humility means that one should not be anxious to have the satisfaction of being honored by others
- Humility, renunciation and excellent learning exist in him (Sanatana Gosvami) simultaneously
- Humility; pridelessness; nonviolence; tolerance; simplicity; approaching a bona fide spiritual master; cleanliness; steadiness; self-control - all these I declare to be knowledge
- I am infected by the germs of material activity and am suffering from the boils of envy. Therefore, falling in an ocean of humility, I take shelter of the great physician Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- I beg their (the neophyte devotees - the devotees who are very expert in arguing though they have no sense of advanced devotional service, who think themselves very advanced because they imitate some smarta-brahmana) pardon with great humility
- If a humble devotee thinks that "I am the lowest. I am untouchable, this way," that does (not) mean he is out of the touch of God. But this humbleness is very good
- In an instant, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu regained external consciousness & saw two persons before Him. Questioning them, He asked, "Am I conscious? What dreams have I been seeing? What craziness have I spoken? Have you heard some expressions of humility"
- In great haste Paramananda Puri Gosani went before Him and with great humility persuaded Him to sit down in His room
- In great humility, both brothers took bunches of straw between their teeth and, each binding a cloth around his neck, fell down like rods before the Lord
- In the course of the narration, I have also told about the drama by the poet from Bengal. Although he was ignorant, because of his faith and humility he nevertheless obtained shelter at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- In the Krsna-karnamrta it is also said, "My dear Lord, You are the ocean of mercy. With my arms placed upon my head, I am bowing down before You with all humility and sincerity
- In this kind of disappointment (coming from when one is forced to act in a way which is forbidden, or to refrain from acting in a way which is proper) one becomes full of anxiety, sheds tears, changes bodily color, feels humility and breathes heavily
- Indeed, the humility of these two brothers (Rupa and Sanatana) could even melt stone
- It is futile to make an external show of good qualities like humility and nonviolence while disrespecting the Lord's lotus feet and denouncing the process of devotional service
- Murari Gupta, the twenty-first branch of the tree of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, was a storehouse of love of Godhead. His great humility and meekness melted the heart of Lord Caitanya
- My dear Sakara Mallika, from this day your names will be changed to Srila Rupa and Srila Sanatana. Now please abandon your humility, for My heart is breaking to see you so humble
- O supreme protector, O supreme soul! O supreme controller! Kindly give me Your protection. I am so much embarrassed - This statement by Mucukunda is an instance of humility resulting from a severely miserable condition of material existence
- One day Balarama Acarya requested Haridasa Thakura with great humility to come to the assembly of the Majumadaras, Hiranya and Govardhana. Thus Balarama Acarya went there with Haridasa Thakura
- One should approach a Krsna conscious person with all humility, put relevant questions to him and not challenge him. If one were to challenge him, such a highly elevated Krsna conscious person would not be available to receive any tangible service
- Out of his natural humility, Prthu Maharaja never considered himself a great devotee, and he agreed to suffer the results of his past karma
- Out of humility, a devotee considers himself unfit to be transferred to the spiritual world
- Out of their humility the brahmanas accept charity from the ksatriyas, or kings, and the vaisyas, or merchants
- Perspiration, trembling, standing on end of one's bodily hairs, tears, faltering voice, fading complexion, madness, melancholy, patience, pride, joy & humility - these are various natural symptoms of ecstatic love of Godhead
- Perspiration, trembling, standing on end of one’s bodily hairs, tears, faltering voice, fading complexion, madness, melancholy, patience, pride, joy and humility - these are various natural symptoms of ecstatic love of Godhead
- Prasraya means affection, humility, faith, a demand for some special concession, or indulgence in such a concession
- Prostrating himself at the feet of his readers, the author of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta entreats them in all humility to hear with rapt attention
- Purvacitti could attract the minds and vision of both humans and demigods by her playful movements, her shyness and humility, her glances, the very pleasing sounds that poured from her mouth as she spoke, and the motion of her limbs
- Seeing the Lord before him, Brahma began to offer prayers with great humility, respect and attention
- Sometimes symptoms like laziness, frustration, defamation, humility, anxiety, moroseness, eagerness, restlessness, madness, death, forgetfulness, disease and illusion are also visible with devotional service in compassion
- Sometimes there are many other symptoms, such as great anxiety, lamentation, frustration, being stunned, humility, restlessness, madness and illusion
- Sometimes there is humility due to shyness. For example, when Krsna stole all of the garments from the gopis while they were bathing in the river, all of them begged Krsna not to commit this injustice upon them
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "I accept this Murari Gupta as My life and soul. When I hear of his humility, it perturbs My very life"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had been very satisfied to see the King (Prataparudra) accept the menial task of sweeping the street, and for this humility the King received the mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Ramananda Raya is a mine of great humility. Therefore he has attributed his own words to another's intelligence"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu willingly requested food from the brahmana, and the brahmana, feeling natural humility, began to speak as follows
- The brahmana submitted his invitation with great humility, and he touched the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The brahmanas from different places, such as Kanyakubja and South India, who were all strict followers of the Vedic religion, offered invitations to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu with great humility
- The ecstatic symptoms of envy, great eagerness, humility, zeal and supplication all became manifest at once
- The humility of these two brothers could even melt stone. Because I was very pleased with their behavior, I told them, 'Although you are both very much exalted, you consider yourselves inferior, and because of this, Krsna will very soon deliver you'
- The Lord replied to Haridasa Thakura, "Please check your humility. Just the sight of your humility very much agitates My mind"
- The Lord said, "My dear Murari, please restrain your unnecessary humility. My mind is disturbed to see your meekness"
- The next day, Paramananda Puri and other devotees approached Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu with great humility and submission
- The ocean deity immediately appeared before the Lord and offered Him all respectful obeisances with great humility
- The transcendental ecstatic symptoms of disappointment, moroseness, pleasure, restlessness, pride and humility all began to fight like soldiers within Lord Caitanya
- The wife of the brahmana again & again requested, in great humility and submission, that he go to Lord Krsna. The brahmana thought that there was no need to ask any material benefit from Sri Krsna, but he was induced by the repeated requests of his wife
- The word sabalya refers to different types of ecstatic symptoms combined together, like pride, despondency, humility, remembrance, doubt, impatience caused by insult, fear, disappointment, patience and eagerness
- There is also trembling of the body, forcible twisting of the body and perspiration. Other symptoms which may be present are shame, exhaustion, madness, illusion, frustration, humility, self-pity, restlessness, eagerness and stunning of the body
- Thereafter, with great humility, the King (Nrga) offered each of them (the two brahmanas) 100,000 cows in exchange for the one cow that was causing the fight between them
- Thereafter, with great submission and humility, Vallabha Bhatta invited Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to dine at his home
- Thinking in this way, Vallabha Bhatta approached Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu the next morning, and in great humility, offering many prayers, he sought shelter and surrendered at the lotus feet of the Lord
- This condition of Kamsa's mind reveals an instance of pride, lamentation, humility, determination, remembrance, doubtfulness, anger and fear
- This humility (by gopis) was due to their shyness from being naked before Krsna
- This statement by Brahma is another instance of humility resulting from committing an offense
- Trembling, perspiration, jubilant tears, shock, fading of the bodily luster, disappointment, moroseness, loss of memory, pride, joy and humility were all visible in Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's body
- Upon seeing Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the two brothers were overwhelmed with joy, and out of humility they began to cry. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked them to get up and assured them of all good fortune
- Uttara said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), kindly save my child! I do not mind if I myself must be killed by the brahmastra of Asvatthama." This is an instance of humility caused by fear
- When a devotee is fit to receive worldly reputation, he is envied by many people. This is quite natural. When a person, out of humility, does not desire fame, people generally think him quite humble and consequently give him all kinds of fame
- When Citraketu, bent low in humility, was seated at the lotus feet of the great sage, the sage congratulated him for his humility and hospitality
- When he met Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the Bhattacarya fell down flat to offer Him respects. After offering various prayers to Him, he spoke of his previous bad disposition with great humility
- When he saw the dog sitting in that way and chanting the name of Krsna, Sivananda, because of his natural humility, immediately offered his obeisances to the dog just to counteract his offenses to it
- When King Mucukunda saw Krsna's magnificent features, he wondered about His identity, and with great humility he asked the Lord, "My dear Lord, may I inquire how it is that You happened to be in the cave of this mountain? Who are You"
- When mother Saci was thus overwhelmed in maternal love for Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, she became transformed with happiness, fear and humility, as well as bodily symptoms
- When one is captured by despondency, thoughts, tears, loss of bodily luster, humility and heavy breathing result
- When one is subjected to humility, he feels physically inactive, he apologizes, and his consciousness is disturbed. His mind is also restless, and many other symptoms are visible
- When one presents himself as ignorant, his attitude is called humility, and when there is absence of enthusiasm it is called cowardice. Therefore, in humility, there is sometimes cowardice also
- When one presents himself as ignorant, it is called humility, and when there is absence of enthusiasm it is called cowardice. Therefore, in humility, there is cowardice also
- When unhappiness, fearfulness and the sense of having offended combine, one feels condemned. This sense of condemnation is described as dinata, humility
- Whenever an acarya is seen, one should immediately bow down before him. Prthu Maharaja did this properly; therefore the words used here are prasrayanata-kandharah. Out of humility, he bowed down before the Kumaras
- With all humility, I submit myself to the lotus feet of all of you devotees, taking the dust from your feet as my bodily ornaments. Now, my dear devotees, please hear one thing more from me
- With great humility, Raghunatha dasa placed one hundred gold coins and about two tolas of gold before Raghava Pandita for all the other devotees
- With great submission and humility, Vallabha Bhatta invited Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to dine at his home