Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
humble | humbled | humbleness | humbler | humblest | humbling | humbly
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Humble"
The following 139 pages are in this category, out of 139 total.
- A dhirodatta is a person who is naturally very grave, gentle, forgiving, merciful, determined, humble, highly qualified, chivalrous and bodily attractive
- A humble devotee who may not be a great sage, but simply by his implicit acceptance of the Lotus Feet of the Lord as the goal of his life means that he is under the protection of yogamaya
- A humble God-centered life is more valuable than a colossal hoax of a life dedicated to godless altruism or socialism
- A humble Vaisnava, thinking his body material and nasty, does not accept such preparations for himself. He thinks that by accepting such things he will offend the lotus feet of the Lord
- A spiritual master or leader should not be proud of his position; being always humbler than an ordinary common man, he should go on preaching the cult of Caitanya Mahaprabhu by chanting the Hare Krsna mantra
- After begging the permission of all the Vaisnavas present, the two brothers, at the time of their departure, humbly submitted something at the lotus feet of the Lord
- After offering them (the wives of the brahmanas) all respectful obeisances, the boys said, "Dear mothers, please accept our humble obeisances and hear our statement. May we inform you that Lord Krsna and Balarama are nearby"
- All right, I shall become humble. Then what will be my business? Then how I shall make progress?
- Amara Jivana, CD 8 - Amara jivana sada pape rata nahiko punyera lesa. This is a song sung by Bhaktivinoda Thakura in Vaisnava humbleness. A Vaisnava is always meek and humble
- Arjuna prayed to the lord (Siva) in all humbleness, and the lord, being pleased with him, presented him the pasupata weapon. He acquired many other important weapons from different demigods
- As I am repeatedly placing before you with all humbleness that this movement is very, very much essential, not only at the present moment, but also all the time
- As Lord Caitanya advised in His Siksastaka, one has to execute devotional service by humbly chanting the Hare Krsna mantra, thinking oneself lower than the straw in the street and not expecting honor for himself but offering all kinds of honor to others
- As soon as Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this from the Bhattacarya, He immediately remembered Lord Visnu and began to speak humbly to him as follows
- Bhagavata-dharma is the process of religion enunciated by pure devotees, direct representatives of the Supreme Personality of Godhead like Narada, Sukadeva Gosvami and their humble servants in the disciplic succession
- Bilvamangala Thakura wrote, "I know that I am not at all fit to offer my prayers to You, but because You are known as Dinabandhu, the friend of the fallen, I humbly pray that You will kindly purify me by the beams of Your transcendental glance"
- Brahma said, "Accept my humble obeisances until the annihilation of this material world. As long as there is sunshine within this material world, kindly accept my humble obeisances"
- Brahma said, "I am most humbly praying at Your lotus feet for You to please give me any sort of birth within this Vrndavana forest so that I may be able to be favored by the dust of the feet of some of the devotees of Vrndavana"
- Brahma said, "If I am given the chance to grow as a humble blade of grass in this land (of Vrndavana), that would be a glorious birth for me"
- Brahma said, "My dear Lord, You are the only worshipable Supreme Lord, the Personality of Godhead; therefore I am offering my humble obeisances and prayers just to please You"
- Brahma, the master of this universe, after offering humble & respectful obeisances unto the SP of God & circumambulating Him three times, was ready to return to his abode, known as Brahmaloka. By His gesture, the SP of God gave him permission to return
- By hearing the sound of Krsna's flute they (Lord Siva, Lord Brahma, and Indra) humbly bow down and become grave from studying the sound vibrated
- By His personal example, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu explains how one should be submissive and humble before a Vaisnava, even though one may be situated on a high platform
- Decorated with love, Krishna will accept even the humble offering of a leaf, fruit, flower or some water from His devotee. Anyone, anywhere in the world can worship Krishna following this simple formula
- Devotees always humbly offer respect to everyone, but when there is a discussion on a point of sastra, they do not observe the usual etiquette, satyam bruyat priyam bruyat. They speak only the satyam, although it may not necessarily be priyam
- Devotees are always interested in hearing about the Lord's transcendental qualities, and they are always eager to glorify these qualities, but sometimes they feel inconvenienced by humbleness
- Devotees are always merciful, humble, truthful, equal to all, faultless, magnanimous, mild and clean
- Do not be agitated with the criticism of your friends because Caitanya Mahaprabhu said that one should be humbler that a blade of grass and should be more tolerant than a tree for chanting Hare Krishna Mantra
- Do not be worried about the future. If you will simply work on very strenuously in humble state of mind as the sincere servant of the servant of the Lord, then Krsna will give you all facilities
- Do not eat luxurious dishes or dress in fine garments, but always remain humble and serve Their Lordships Sri Sri Radha-Krsna in your heart of hearts
- Following the orders of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, one who preaches the glories of the Lord all over the world or all over the universe should be humbler than grass and more tolerant than a tree because a preacher cannot live an easygoing life
- For a servant of God there is no need to exhibit mystic powers, and he does not like to do so, but on behalf of God a humble servant of God performs his activities in such a wonderful way that no common man can dare try to act like him
- Four devotees then humbly insisted that they go with the Lord, but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, being the independent Supreme Personality of Godhead, did not accept their request
- Generally at the last stage of one's life this humble method is adopted by every sensible man in order to be excused before departure
- Genuine jnanis know how everything is connected to Brahman, the Absolute Truth. They are humble, unassuming, clean, brahminical, and reverent toward the guru, and they possess many other good qualities
- Gopis tell Yasoda, "Although they (Siva, Brahma & Indra) are all very great personalities, by hearing the sound of Krsna's flute they humbly bow down and become grave from studying the sound vibrated"
- He (King Bhagiratha) was so humble that he respectfully bowed down before them
- He (the devotee) is a benefactor to all living entities and is peaceful and always surrendered to Krsna. He has no material desires. He is very humble and is fixed in his purpose
- Hearing the vibration, Yamaraja appeared and received Sri Krsna with all respectful obeisances. Yamaraja could understand who Krsna and Balarama were, and therefore he immediately offered his humble service to the Lord
- Hearing this, the Mayavadi sannyasis became somewhat humble and addressed Caitanya Mahaprabhu as Narayana Himself, who they all agreed He was
- Humble beast
- Humbleness is very good in devotional service
- Humbler than the grass and tolerant more than the tree. We have to give all respect to everyone
- I shall worship Krsna in a purified state of mind. I shall constantly petition Him in humbleness
- I thank you for your kind sentiments expressed and your nice attitude of humbleness and devotion
- I thank you very much for the humble sentiments which you have expressed, and I am sure that Lord Nityananda is seeing your sincerity and will be pleased to bless you
- I very humbly submit that since these incidents have already been nicely described by Vrndavana dasa Thakura, I would be very proud to repeat the same thing, and this would not be very good. I do not have such powers
- If a humble devotee thinks that "I am the lowest. I am untouchable, this way," that does (not) mean he is out of the touch of God. But this humbleness is very good
- If you know to know God, then be humble. In the Bible also it is said, "God is for the meek and the humble," not for the impudent
- In His Siksastaka Lord Caitanya wrote, trnad api sunicena taror api sahisnuna: "One should be humbler than the grass and more tolerant than the tree
- In India there is a system to become humble. If you take one blade of grass in your, between your lips and approach somebody, it is to be understood that you are approaching with great humbleness
- In separation from Krsna Mother Yasoda became so humble that she prayed to the creator of the universe, Lord Brahma, with tears in her eyes
- In the same Skanda Purana there is a statement about submission and humbleness. It is stated there, "I am so greatly sinful and offensive that when I come to confess my sinful activities before You, I am ashamed"
- In the same Skanda Purana there is a statement about submission and humbleness. It is stated there, "My dear Lord, there is no sinful living entity who is more of a sinner than myself. Nor is there a greater offender than myself"
- In the Thirteenth Chapter, it was clearly explained that by humbly developing knowledge one may possibly be freed from material entanglement
- In this way, by submitting various humble requests, Advaita Acarya made Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Lord Nityananda eat. Thus Caitanya Mahaprabhu fulfilled all the desires of Advaita Acarya
- In vyabhicari ecstatic love for Krsna there is sometimes madness, dexterity, fear, laziness, jubilation, pride, dizziness, meditation, disease, forgetfulness and humbleness
- It is said there that those who are sober devotees can offer their submission to Krsna in three ways: 1) samprathanatmika, very feelingly offering prayers; 2) dainyavodhika, humbly submitting oneself; 3) lalasamayi, desiring some perfectional stage
- Kardama Muni, being a saintly person, was living in a humble hermitage, but when he saw the palace constructed by his yogic powers, which was full of resting rooms, rooms for sex enjoyment, and inner and outer yards, he himself was astonished
- Krsna is unconquered, but simply by your humble receptive process, you will conquer over Krsna
- Krsna is very simple and liberal, He is humble and bashful, and He is the protector of the surrendered souls. He is very happy, and He is always the well-wisher of His devotees. He is all-auspicious, and He is submissive to love
- Maharaja Prataparudra was so humble that with folded hands he first took permission from all the devotees. Then, with great courage, he fell down and touched the lotus feet of the Lord
- Material life is temporary, and so the ups and downs of life may come and go. When they come, one should be as tolerant as a tree and as humble and meek as the straw in the street
- Most humble disciple
- My dear Sakara Mallika, from this day your names will be changed to Srila Rupa and Srila Sanatana. Now please abandon your humility, for My heart is breaking to see you so humble
- One must be very humble and meek, more tolerant than a tree and more humble than the grass. One should not claim respect for himself but should be prepared to give all respect to others
- One should be submissive and humble before a Vaisnava, even though one may be situated on a high platform. Such is the teaching of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu as the acarya of the world, the supreme spiritual master and teacher
- One who rejects an offering that comes of its own accord but later begs a boon from a miser thus loses his widespread reputation, and his pride is humbled by the neglectful behavior of others
- Personally I am humble servant of Krishna as you are also, but I am deputed to accept your service just to transfer it to Krishna as via media. I shall try to do this service to you & Krishna throughout my life
- Praying in a humble mood
- Pure devotees are better known as vicelords according to revealed scriptures. The sincere disciples of a pure devotee consider him equal with the Lord, but the pure devotee always considers himself to be a humble servant of the servant of the Lord
- Putting a straw in his mouth and bowing down, Sanatana Gosvami clasped the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and humbly spoke as follows
- Ramananda Raya humbly submitted himself as a puppet before Lord Caitanya, the puppet master. He only wanted to dance according to the will of Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Ramananda Raya humbly submitted himself as a puppet before Lord Caitanya, the puppet master. He only wanted to dance according to the will of Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He compared his tongue to a stringed instrument
- Sanatana Gosvami then humbly accepted his position as lower than a piece of straw, and symbolically holding some straw in his mouth, he fell down, clasped the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and submitted the following petition
- So far I am concerned, I am a humble disciple of His Divine Grace, Om Visnupad Sri Srimad Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Goswami Maharaja, who was the original pioneer of spreading this movement in the Western world
- Sometimes a sahajiya presents himself as being void of desires for reputation (pratistha) in order to become famous as a humble man. Such people cannot actually attain the platform of celebrated Vaisnavas
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu called all His devotees together and, holding them by the hand, humbly informed them, "You are all more dear to Me than My life. I can give up My life, but to give you up is difficult for Me"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very pleased with this humble statement. After embracing the Bhattacarya, He said, "Now go see Lord Jagannatha in the temple"
- The author of Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, Srila Rupa Gosvami, very humbly submits that he is just trying to spread Krsna consciousness all over the world, although he humbly thinks himself unfit for this work
- The Bhattacarya then placed a flower garland over Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and smeared His body with sandalwood pulp. After offering obeisances, the Bhattacarya submitted the following humble statement
- The complete path of bhakti-yoga is based upon the process of becoming humble and submissive
- The florist very humbly and submissively offered his prayers to the Lord, saying, “My dear Lord, because You have come to my place, I think all my forefathers and all my worshipable superiors are pleased and delivered
- The followers of Lord Caitanya must execute His will with heart and soul, being more tolerant than the trees and humbler than the straw in the street
- The glories of Vrindaban and Mathura are magnified by these two Sampradayas (Vallabha & Gaudiya) and the undersigned as an humble servant of all Vaisnavas, has tried his best to render it into elaborate English version for its publicity all over the world
- The humble devotee simply prays to the Lord, "Kindly pick me up from the material world, which is full of varieties of material opulence, and keep me under the shelter of Your lotus feet"
- The humble sages, by virtue of true knowledge, see with equal vision a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater (outcaste)
- The Lord can be pleased only by a humble attitude in the service spirit. The more we render service unto the Lord under the direction of the spiritual master, the more we make advancement on the path approaching the Lord
- The more one advances in bhakti-yoga, he becomes humbler, because he has nothing to do with this material world
- The Nagapatnis said, "He (Kaliya) must have undergone all kinds of penances and austerities, humbly honored others and executed universal welfare activities for all living creatures"
- The particular thing to be noted is that the Personality of Godhead is not understood by great liberated persons, but only by devotees such as Queen Kunti in her humbleness
- The scriptural injunction is that one should humbly approach a spiritual master to understand the transcendental science
- The two brothers got up, and again taking straw between their teeth, they humbly offered their prayers with folded hands
- The two brothers, Sakara Mallika & Dabira Khasa, very humbly submitted that due to their abominable activities they were now bound by the neck & hands & had been thrown into a ditch filled with abominable, stoollike objects of material sense enjoyment
- The young brahmana came to him and offered respectful obeisances. Then, very humbly folding his hands, he spoke as follows
- Then Maharaja Prataparudra very humbly said, I am most fallen and abominable, and I am unfit to receive an interview with the Lord. One's life is successful if one engages in His service
- There are many nice things offered to Krsna - garlands, bedsteads, nice ornaments, nice food and even nicely prepared pan, betel nuts - but a humble Vaisnava, thinking his body material and nasty, does not accept such preparations for himself
- Thereafter, Sanatana Gosvami clasped the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and humbly submitted the following petition
- Thereupon all the devotees accepted his association. Explaining his humble behavior, they introduced him to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- They do not follow Lord Caitanya's injunction to be "more humble than a blade of grass." If they were that humble, they would give up their pride in being the doer of good deeds, the wisest person, the most devoted, and so on
- They humbly (the sages present) submitted, “Our dear Lord, we think that Your action is not in line with the religious principles
- This attitude will help you. Always pray to Krsna humbly and He will surely help you
- This is the sum and substance of transcendental writing. One must be an authorized Vaisnava, humble and pure. One should write transcendental literature to purify oneself, not for credit
- This rascal civilization is so dangerous, mudha, full of rascals. So our little humble attempt is to give them relief from this rascaldom civilization. That is Krsna consciousness movement
- To be empowered to write transcendental literature is a privilege in which a writer can take great pride. As a humble Vaisnava, Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami felt very much ashamed that it was he who was to narrate the pastimes of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Try to keep nice peace with the police as far as possible, because our method is to be tolerant more than the tree and humbler than the grass on the street. We don't mind for so-called prestige
- Try to keep nice peace with the police as far as possible, because our method is to be tolerant more than the tree and humbler than the grass on the street. We don't mind for so-called prestige. If keeping peaceful we can execute our KC
- Unless one is humble and prideless, one cannot be harmless and nonviolent. And after being nonviolent one has to learn tolerance and simplicity of living
- Upon regaining consciousness and being released from the punishment, Kaliya got back his life force and the working power of his senses. With folded hands, he humbly began to pray to the Supreme Lord Krsna
- Vaisnava is always humble -- meek and humble. That is Vaisnava. Vaisnava is powerful, but still he is very meek and humble
- Vedic knowledge or religion is disseminated by authorities like Sukadeva Gosvami because he is a humble devotional servitor of the Lord who has no desire to become a self-appointed interpreter without authority
- We have started this movement in a humble way, but we are inviting cooperation of people who are interested for the peace of the world
- When a devotee is fit to receive worldly reputation, he is envied by many people. This is quite natural. When a person, out of humility, does not desire fame, people generally think him quite humble and consequently give him all kinds of fame
- When one is fully qualified yet is humble and gentle, and when one is able to keep his balance both in sorrow and in the ecstasy of joy, he has the opulence called patience (ksama)
- When the Lord heard the humble petition made by the people, His heart softened. Being very merciful, He immediately came out and gave audience to all of them
- When you become in service attitude, just to serve Krsna with humble attitude, with devotion, then Krsna will reveal. Otherwise you cannot understand Krsna. It is not possible
- While Krsna was passing on the road, at intervals some of the citizens, who were all rich, & freed from sinful activities, presented auspicious articles to the Lord, just to offer Him a reception to the city. Thus they worshiped Him as humble servitors
- While this was going on, Raghunatha dasa thought of a tricky method of escape. Thus he humbly submitted this plea at the feet of the Muslim caudhuri
- Who can become humbler than the straw unless he accepts a Spiritual Master?
- Why I shall be proud? What I have got? I am humble servant of Krsna. Let me discharge my duties. But if one is proud after becoming a pure servant of Krsna, that is very good. That dambhah, that pride, is very glorious
- With tears in his (Hiranyakasipu's) eyes, his whole body shivering, he began praying in a humble mood, with folded hands and a faltering voice, to satisfy Lord Brahma