Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
hot | hotness | hotter | hottest | hottiness | hotly
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Hot Water (4 P)
Pages in category "Hot"
The following 72 pages are in this category, out of 72 total.
- Although Krsna is always as soft as a lotus, within the throat of Bakasura He created a burning sensation of being hotter than fire
- Although the sunshine was scorching hot, Vrsabha felt it to be like the moonshine
- As soon as Kesi reached Him, Krsna pushed His left arm within the horse's mouth, and it looked as though a big snake had entered a hole in the field. The horse felt great pain because Krsna's arm felt to him like a hot iron rod
- At noon the sand on the beach was as hot as fire, but Sanatana Gosvami came by that path
- Because he (the brahmana) was simply meditating on touching the hot sweet rice, he never thought that his finger would actually become burnt
- By nature's way, when a man cries, there may be two causes. When one cries in great happiness upon the fulfillment of some desire, the tears coming forth from the eyes are very cold and pleasing, whereas tears in times of distress are very hot
- Chili is tama-guna; that is the symptom of tama-guna. As soon as you chew, it becomes hot, everything. You see? So ugra. And sattva-guna is sweetness, so sweet. Therefore, ordinarily in India it is stated that a brahmana is known who can eat more sweets
- Concerning Puri, whether there is potency of vegetation. That we have to examine. If there is no such potency, then we are not interested. And what about transportation across the hot sand? In the summer season, it will be too hot
- Electric energy sometimes working for cooling, sometimes working for heating. But to the engineer of electric energy, who is generating, for him there is no such distinction. But those who are using it, they are thinking it is hot, it is cool
- Even before death, a pure devotee has no material affection, due to his body's being spiritualized like a red-hot iron in contact with fire
- Foods in the mode of passion, which are bitter, too salty, or too hot or overly mixed with red pepper, cause misery by reducing the mucus in the stomach, leading to disease
- Foolish people do not know that association is the cause of acquiring qualities. Association with fire makes an object hot, even in the material sense. Therefore, association with the Supreme Personality of Godhead makes one qualified like the Lord
- He (Dantavakra) became so agitated that he appeared on the battlefield without the proper arms and ammunition and without even a chariot. His only weapon was his great anger, which was red-hot
- He (the brahmana) was not very satisfied with the offering because the sweet rice had been prepared recently and it was still very hot
- I have received one letter from Sudama das Goswami that both of you had some hot conversation on the points of management, but I request both of you not to become agitated on any controversial point
- If I want a glass of water. And if you manufacture that "Swamiji will be more pleased if I give him a glass of milk, hot milk," that will not please me. If you want to please me, then you should ask me, "How can I please you?"
- If one tastes such love of Godhead, he can compare it to hot sugarcane. When one chews hot sugarcane, his mouth burns, yet he cannot give it up
- If the chili becomes sweet and sugar becomes hot, that is adharma. Try to understand this. So first of all, who can give us dharma? That is stated in the sastras, dharmam tu saksad bhagavat-pranitam
- If you engage this body for the service of the Lord, it becomes spiritualized. As I have already explained, the iron rod, constantly in touch with fire, it becomes, at end, it becomes red hot
- In fire the iron becomes warm, warmer, and then at last, it becomes red-hot. When the iron is red-hot, it is no longer iron. It is fire. If you touch anywhere, it will burn. Although apparently it is iron rod, but because it has become red-hot, it is fire
- In one place, chipped rice was soaked in hot milk in each of the large pots. Then half the rice was mixed with yogurt, sugar and bananas
- It is described that there were hot tears covering his (Bhima's) eyes, as a thin cloud sometimes covers the evening moon
- It is said that at the end of creation the sun becomes twelve times more scorching than usual. This twelve-times-hotter temperature is called Siva-jvara
- Just like without being red hot, you cannot burn any other thing. Similarly, without being fully spiritualized, you cannot make others spiritualized. Therefore we have to follow the parampara system
- Just like you put one iron rod into the fire. It becomes warm, warmer, warmer, and at last it becomes red hot. At that time it is fire because it has acquired the quality of the fire, although it is iron rod. So the process is to remain with the fire
- Kunti praised Krsna because His promise was so nicely fulfilled. She said, "Even the sunshine may one day become cool and the moonshine one day become hot, but still Your promise will not fail"
- Kunti said, "Even the sunshine may one day become cool and the moonshine may one day become hot, but still Your (Krsna's) promise will not fail"
- Material sense gratification is now the standard of civilization. For the maintenance of such material civilizations, man has formed complex nations and communities, and there is a constant strain of hot and cold wars between these different groups
- Matter is compared to the piece of iron, and it is electrified or made red-hot by the glance or manipulation of the supreme consciousness of Visnu. Only by such electrification is the energy of matter displayed in various actions and reactions
- My spiritual master used to say me: Strike while the iron is hot, so if we delay the matter too long it may not remain a favorable proposition
- One of the cowherd boys said, "The hot wind that is blowing like a hurricane is his breathing, and the fishy bad smell coming out from his (the snake's) mouth is the smell of his intestines"
- Out of jubilation, anger or separation there may be the pouring down of tears from the eyes. When such tears are very cold they are due to jubilation, and when they are due to anger the tears become hot
- Out of jubilation, anger, or separation there may be the pouring down of tears from the eyes. When such tears are very cold they are due to jubilation, and when they are due to anger the tears become hot
- Out of the fire came a great demoniac form, whose hair, beard and mustache were exactly the color of hot copper. This form was very big and fierce. As the demon arose from the fire, cinders of fire emanated from the sockets of his eyes
- Red-hot iron can burn, but it cannot burn the original fire. Therefore the consciousness of the small particle of Brahman is fully dependent on the power of the Supreme Brahman
- Regarding the ailments with your finger, I am describing here a treatment for it. Take turmeric powder and add the same quantity of limestone. Then mix with water and boil it to a paste. Then apply that paste while it is hot
- Similarly, the threefold miseries of material existence cannot be mitigated simply by material activities. Such activities have to be spiritualized, just as by fire iron is made red-hot, and thereby the action of fire begins
- Spring is a season universally liked because it is neither too hot nor too cold and the flowers and trees blossom and flourish
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "How did you come along the beach, where the sand is so hot? Why didn’t you come by the path in front of the Simha-dvara gate? It is very cool"
- The body of Bhismadeva lost its material effects due to being surcharged with spiritual realization, and thus the body was spiritualized as when iron becomes red-hot when in contact with fire
- The chili should be added to the hot ghee just after the cumin seed begins to darken in color, and both of them should become brown, but not black or burnt. I think this adjustment with a little trial will improve the dahl for offering to the Deities
- The fire within the bodies of the sons of Sagara Maharaja became so much hotter that all of them burned to ashes. The fire's increased heat was due to their misbehavior toward a great personality
- The great ocean, trembling in fear, gave Him His way because its family members, the aquatics like the sharks, snakes and crocodiles, were being burnt by the heat of the angry red-hot eyes of the Lord
- The great sages meditated. Hot tears were in the eyes of Devaki and other motherly ladies, and hairs stood on the bodies of the expert warriors. There was astonishment in the hearts of demigods such as Indra
- The hot chili-like taste burned the tongues of those who chewed the seeds. Thus the eating of pilu fruits from Vrndavana became a pastime of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's
- The hot sand must have blistered your soles. Now you cannot walk. How did you tolerate it
- The illusion of water on the hot desert may be illusion for the ignorant animal searching for water in the desert, but the desert and water are actual facts
- The karma-yogi's perfect spiritual vision cannot but penetrate the encagement of every material body, just as a red-hot iron cannot but burn everything that it contacts
- The Personality of Godhead Ramacandra, being aggrieved for His distant intimate friend (Sita), glanced over the city of the enemy Ravana with red-hot eyes like those of Hara (who wanted to burn the kingdom of heaven)
- The pure Vaisnava's body is spiritualized even in this life. For example, when iron is put into a fire it becomes red-hot and is no longer iron but fire
- The son of the rsi, his eyes red-hot with anger, touched the water of the River Kausika while speaking to his playmates and discharged the following thunderbolt of words
- The women of Vrndavana are just like lilies growing hot in the sun of lusty desires. But moonlike Krsna makes them all jubilant by bestowing upon them the nectar of His hands. O My dear friend, where is My moon now? Save My life by showing Him to Me
- There is a description of Krsna's feeling for his vayasyas in Vrndavana. He once said to Balarama, "My dear brother, when My companions were being devoured by the Aghasura, hot tears poured down from My eyes
- This boy is fanning me. Why? There is little miserable condition here: we are feeling too hot. So again, if you go outside, you may feel too cold. So either inside or outside, you are in miserable condition. This is called adhyatmika
- This preparation, sweet rice, should not be taken hot. The cooler the sweet rice, the better its taste
- Thus prakrti, by the energy of Lord Krsna, becomes the secondary cause, just as iron becomes red-hot by the energy of fire
- When a man is angry he expresses such anger with red-hot eyes and sometimes makes a display of clenching his fists or kicking his legs. This exhibition of the Rudra principle is the proof of Rudra's presence in such places
- When all the higher and lower planets became too hot to live on, the demigods, being disturbed, left their abodes in the higher planets and went to see Lord Brahma, praying to him that he curtail this unnecessary heat
- When excessive heat is counteracted by extreme cold, it is natural for the hot temperature to gradually reduce, and this is what occurred in the fight between the Siva-jvara and the Narayana-jvara
- When Krsna entered the Yamuna River, which had become very poisonous from the presence of Kaliya, mother Yasoda feared all kinds of mishaps, and she was breathing hotly. Tears from her eyes were soaking her clothes, and she was almost collapsing
- When one is hot due to the sun, one sometimes jumps into a river to gain relief. However, if the river is almost dried up and the water is too shallow, one may break his bones by jumping in. The conditioned soul is always experiencing miserable conditions
- When Subuddhi Raya consulted some other brahmanas, they told him that he had not committed a grievous fault and that consequently he should not drink hot ghee and give up his life. As a result, Subuddhi Raya was doubtful about what to do
- When Subuddhi Raya consulted the learned brahmanas at Varanasi, asking them how his conversion to Islam could be counteracted, they advised him to drink hot ghee and give up his life
- When there is joy and there are tears in the eyes, the temperature of the tears is cold, but when there is anger, the tears are hot. In both cases, the eyes are restless, the eyeballs are red and there is itching
- When you take chili from the market you see how much, what is the degree of its hotness. If it is very hot, oh, it is very good chili. If you find a chili sweet like sugar, oh, you'll reject it