Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
hanged | hang | hangs | hung | hanging
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Radharani's Hanging Down (1 P)
Pages in category "Hanged"
The following 64 pages are in this category, out of 64 total.
- A peacock feather decorates His (Krsna's) head, and on His neck hangs a lovely necklace of brilliant pearls. As He holds His charming flute to His lips, His face looks as beautiful as the full autumn moon
- A peacock feather decorates His head, and on His neck hangs a lovely necklace of brilliant pearls. As He holds His charming flute to His lips, His face looks as beautiful as the full autumn moon
- A teacher in school once threatened his pupil that he would cut off the pupil's head and hang it on the wall so that the child could see how his head had been cut off. The child became frightened and stopped his mischief
- According to the laws of man, a person may be hanged when he commits homicide, but he is not hanged when he kills lower animals. But according to the laws of God, one commits the same sin by killing a lower animal as he does by killing a man
- Also ornamenting Her body are the twenty kinds of ecstatic symptoms beginning with kila-kincita. Her transcendental qualities constitute the flower garland hanging in fullness over Her body
- Around the neck of the Personality of Godhead hung a flower garland that reached to His knees. His eight stout and elongated arms were decorated with that garland, which challenged the beauty of the goddess of fortune
- At the end of Krsna's pauganda age, Krsna's hair sometimes hangs down to His hips, and sometimes it becomes scattered. In this age His two shoulders become higher and broader, and His face is always decorated with marks of tilaka
- Besides this garland of flowers, there were other kinds of flower garlands too - sometimes decorating His head, sometimes hanging around His neck and chest
- But I do not wish to die. Why shall I be cheerful? You rascal, you say, "Become cheerful." (laughter) "Cheerfully, you become hanged
- By the power of Visvamitra, he (Satyavrata) did not fall all the way down; even today he can still be seen hanging in the sky, head downward
- He (Krsna) addressed Pradyumna thus, "My dear boy, just give up your inferiority complex, and do not hang your neck"
- He (Krsna) then snatched the bundle of chipped rice which was hanging on the shoulder of the poor brahmana, packed in one corner of his wrapper, and said, “What is this? My dear friend, you have brought Me nice, palatable chipped rice"
- He (Maharaja Drupada) arranged for Draupadi's personal selection of a groom who could pierce the eye of a fish hanging on the ceiling
- He was taking butter from a pot which was hanging from the ceiling on a swing, and He was feeding it to the monkeys. She saw Krsna looking this way and that way in fear of her because He was conscious of His naughty behavior
- Her (Rukmini) high hips were decorated with a jeweled lace girdle, and a locket of great effulgence hung on her neck
- His eyes and face were very cheerful, and from His neck to His feet hung a long garland of flowers. His chest was decorated with the Kaustubha jewel and the mark of Srivatsa
- His nose was prominent, and His head was covered with a gem-studded crown. A charming necklace hung between His stout arms, and His neck was adorned with the gem known by the name Kaustubha
- If the priest says, "The scientist speaking against religion; therefore he should be hanged," so that is not good government. Government must see that whether the scientist is speaking the truth. That sense must be there
- If you have committed a murder, then you also be hanged. These are the laws. When the king orders somebody to be hanged on account of his committing murder, the king is not sinful. King is helping that rascal to atone his murdering activities
- In Calcutta Museum, in our childhood - it may be still existing - we saw one skeleton of a fish that is bigger than this room, a skeleton. It is hanging on the ceiling
- In the ears of the gopis were brilliantly polished jeweled earrings, and from their necks hung metal lockets. Their hands were decorated with bangles, their dresses were of varied colors, and from their hair, flowers fell onto the street like showers
- In the Manu-samhita it is stated there that when the king kills one man, or hangs one man who is a murderer, that is benefit to him
- In this hell there is a silk-cotton tree full of thorns as strong as thunderbolts. The agents of Yamaraja hang the sinful man on that tree and pull him down forcibly so that the thorns very severely tear his body
- It comes to the conclusion of suppression, that "Give the dog a bad name and hang it." "You are not properly dressed; therefore you should stop it." It is like that
- Killing affair is very prominent in the Christian world. They are maintaining slaughterhouse very regularly, and they have manufactured a theory that animals have no soul, they do not feel - because they have to kill. "Give the dog a bad name and hang it"
- Krsna appeared before him with four hands, as visnu-murti, with a garland called Vaijayanti hanging from His neck down to His knees. He looked lustrous, His face was beautifully smiling, and He wore nice jeweled earrings on His ears
- Krsna's ornaments at this age are a pearl hanging from the septum of His nose, butter on His lotus-like palms and some small bells hanging from His waist
- Maharaja Yudhisthira dressed himself in torn clothing, gave up eating all solid foods, voluntarily became dumb and let his hair hang loose. All this combined to make him look like an urchin or madman with no occupation
- Manu is supposed to be the law-giver to the humankind. So in the Manu-samhita it is stated there that when the king kills one man, or hangs one man who is a murderer, that is benefit to him
- O sinless Vidura, mountains discharged weapons of various kinds, and naked demonesses armed with tridents appeared with their hair hanging loose
- One cowherd boy said, "Although He (Krsna) was taken very high in the sky, He simply hung on the neck of the demon and forced him to fall from the sky and immediately die"
- Over and above this, the beauty of Her (Radharani's) body is enhanced by Her transcendental qualities, which constitute the flower garland hanging on Her body
- So this capital punishment is required. Nowadays the capital punishment is excused. Murderers are not hanged. This is all mistake, all rascaldom. A murderer must be killed. No mercy. Why a human killer? Even an animal killer should be immediately hanged
- Soldier, when comes home, if he kills one man, he is hanged. Why? He can say in the court, "Sir, when I was fighting in the battlefield, I killed many. I got medal. And why you are hanging me now?" "Because you have done for your own sense gratification
- The gopis said, "If out of fear of these naughty boys we keep our stock of butter & yogurt high on the ceiling, hanging on a swing, although it is beyond Their reach They arrange to reach it by piling all kinds of wooden planks over the grinding machine"
- The Kaustubha jewel hanging on His (Krsna's) chest glittered with great luster, and the Lord wore a beautiful flower garland
- The king's punishment of hanging a murderer is actually beneficial. Similarly, when Krsna orders fighting, it must be concluded that violence is for supreme justice, and thus Arjuna should follow the instruction
- The Lord's body was stretched, and His skin was slack and hanging loose. To lift Him and take Him the long distance home would have been impossible
- The Manu-samhita prescribes that a man who has committed murder should be hanged and his own life sacrificed in atonement. Previously this system was followed all over the world, but since people are becoming atheists, they are stopping capital punishment
- The palace of Rukmini was wonderfully furnished. Hanging from the ceiling were many canopies with laces bedecked with pearl garlands, and the whole palace was illuminated by the effulgence of valuable jewels
- The same example, that the same state, the same man, when he was fighting in the battlefield, he was being elevated to higher position, rewarded. But same man coming back from the battlefield, he has killed somebody, some of his neighbor, he's hanged
- The sixty-four items are as follows: (1) There must be a big bell hanging in front of the temple room so that whoever comes into the room can ring the bell. This item is called prabodhana, or offering oneself submissively to the Lord
- The trees were overwhelmed with joy and were incessantly yielding honey, which flowed from the beehives hanging on their branches
- The yogi should then imprint on his mind the neck of the Personality of Godhead, who is adored by the entire universe. The neck of the Lord serves to enhance the beauty of the Kaustubha gem, which hangs on His chest
- There were many whisks hanging from golden rods, and many golden thrones with sitting cushions as soft as lotus flowers. In various places there were velvet and silken canopies with laces of pearls hanging all around
- They have nothing to do with politics. And if they found any politics, they can hang me. I shall go
- This rope almost always hung from the shoulders of the boys, and it was not absent from the shoulders of Krsna and Balarama
- This trick (piercing the eye of a fish hanging on the ceiling) was especially made because only Arjuna could do it, and he (Maharaja Drupada) was successful in his desire to hand over his equally worthy daughter (Draupadi) to Arjuna
- We require so many pictures for our temples which are already present and which will be opened in the future. Immediately upon receipt of your picture, I had it hung right above my Deity room. Wherever I go I convert one closet into my Deity room
- We should be satisfied with our pictures hanging in our different temples. But we may not sacrifice our valuable time for becoming famous artists so that pictures may be sold like hotcakes
- When Lord Krsna appeared before Mucukunda, the King saw Him dressed in a yellow garment, His chest marked with the symbol of Srivatsa, and the Kaustubha-mani jewel hanging around His neck
- When Maharaj Yudhisthira went with Krsna in the arena of the raja-suya sacrifice, in his imagination he began to anoint the body of Krsna with pulp of sandalwood, he decorated Him with a garland hanging down to His knees
- When the king orders somebody to be hanged on account of his committing murder, the king is not sinful. King is helpful. King is helping that rascal to atone his murdering activities
- When the milk and curd are kept high on a swing hanging from the ceiling and Krsna and Balarama cannot reach it, They arrange to reach it by piling up various planks and turning upside down the mortar for grinding spices
- You are correct in your idea that leaflets which are destined to be thrown upon the ground should not contain pictures of Krishna, Jagannatha, etc. Such leaflets may only be hung up for people to see
- You committed murder, that you caused your hanging, not that high-court judge is your enemy, and he is giving you order to be hanged. You are the cause of your hanging. Similarly, God is impartial