Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Greatly"
The following 180 pages are in this category, out of 180 total.
- A chaste and faithful woman must not practice adultery - that is a greatly sinful act
- A devotee is sometimes greatly praised because of his transcendental activities, and sometimes he is criticized, even though there is no reason for adverse criticism
- A man sleeps soundly when he is fatigued, and when a rich man is greatly fatigued he goes to his garden with many female friends and there enters the water and enjoys their company. Such is the tendency of the living entity within this material world
- About two hundred devotees are coming from Bengal. All of them are greatly advanced and specifically devoted to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- According to the Vedic process, the siva-linga in the temple or the form of Lord Siva in the temple is worshiped simply by offering Ganges water, because it is said that Lord Siva is greatly satisfied when Ganges water is poured upon his head
- Actually, according to the Vedic process, the siva-linga in the temple or the form of Lord Siva in the temple is worshiped simply by offering Ganges water, because it is said that Lord Siva is greatly satisfied when Ganges water is poured upon his head
- After attending the Ratha-yatra ceremony at Jagannatha Puri, all the devotees remained there for four months, greatly enjoying the company of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu by performing kirtana (chanting and dancing)
- After eating all the offerings, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu started for Panihati. There, He was greatly satisfied to see the different varieties of vegetables prepared in the house of Raghava
- After hearing this, Sanatana Gosvami was exceedingly astonished. He could understand, "My decision to commit suicide has not been greatly appreciated by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- After receiving the remnants of food left by Lord Nityananda Prabhu, Raghunatha dasa, who was greatly happy, ate some and distributed the rest among his own associates
- After seeing the cruel and merciless behavior of his son, Vena, King Anga punished him in different ways to reform him, but was unable to bring him to the path of gentleness. He thus became greatly aggrieved
- After taking dust from the feet of Raghava Pandita, Raghunatha dasa returned to his home, feeling greatly obligated to Lord Nityananda Prabhu because of having received His merciful benediction
- After the great saint Visrava, the master of mystic yoga, received absolute knowledge from his father, he begot in the womb of Ilavila the greatly celebrated son known as Kuvera, the giver of money
- Alas, how strange it is that we (Arjuna and the Pandavas) are preparing to commit greatly sinful acts. Driven by the desire to enjoy royal happiness, we are intent on killing our own kinsmen
- All the devotees present so greatly appreciated this verse that they expressed their gratitude to Sri Rupa Gosvami for his transcendental recitation
- All the members of the assembly who had heard the challenge were greatly agitated, and they got up, making a tumultuous sound. Hiranya and Govardhana Majumadara both immediately chastised the brahmana tax collector
- All the people there were greatly astonished to see the ecstatic pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. They all received the Lord very well
- Although I am unfit and greatly afraid to submit this plea, I nevertheless request You, Sir, to be especially merciful toward me by granting me shelter at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Although Sanatana Gosvami repeatedly forbade Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to embrace him, the Lord still did so. Thus His body was smeared with the moisture from Sanatana's body, and Sanatana became greatly distressed
- Although Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was thinking that the quantity of food was enormous, Nityananda Prabhu, on the contrary, thought it not even a morsel. He had been fasting for three days and had greatly hoped to break fast on that day
- Although your father and uncle are charitable to brahmanas and greatly help them, they are nevertheless not pure Vaisnavas. However, they are almost like Vaisnavas
- Among Krsna's greatly powerful sons, eighteen sons were maha-rathas. The maha-rathas could fight alone against many thousands of foot soldiers, charioteers, cavalry and elephants
- Aquatic birds such as swans, ducks, water chickens, and cranes become greatly excited by the fragrance of lotus flowers, and the charming sound of bumblebees fills the air
- As the car began to move, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu took His personal associates in front of the cars occupied by Lord Balarama and Subhadra, the goddess of fortune. Greatly inspired, He then began to dance in front of them
- At such times He would be greatly morose and would cry, "Alas, where is Vrndavana? Where is Krsna, the son of the King of the cowherd men? Where is that person who plays the flute"
- At the present moment, human civilization does not care for religious principles. It is, however, greatly interested in economic development without religious principles
- Because of his great affection for Krsna, King Iksvaku became greatly attached to the black cloud, the black deer, the deer's black eyes and the lotus flower, which is always compared to the eyes of the Lord
- Because of Jiva Gosvami's relationship with Rupa Gosvami and Sanatana Gosvami, who were greatly favored by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Lord Nityananda Prabhu placed His feet on the head of Srila Jiva Gosvami and embraced him
- Because questions and answers about Krsna elevate one to that transcendental position, the questions of Maharaja Pariksit about Krsna philosophy are greatly glorified
- Because the age of Kali began to act just after the assumption of power by Maharaja Pariksit, the first sign of misgivings was exhibited in the cursing of such a greatly intelligent and devoted king as Maharaja Pariksit
- Because they have a pious background, all four types of people are to be considered greatly fortunate. Such people gradually give up material desires and become pure devotees
- Being greatly disturbed by the absence of Krsna, they (the gopis) simply thought all day and night about His pastimes and thus derived some consolation
- Being greatly harassed by the arrows of Krsna, all the associates of Lord Siva - the hobgoblins and ghostly Bhutas, Pretas and ksatriyas - left the battlefield
- Bilvamangala Thakura had been an advanced devotee in his previous life, but in his next life he became greatly fallen and was attached to a prostitute
- Dear Sir, by Your influence our minds are greatly satisfied, and we believe that Your words will never be unreasonable. Therefore You may speak on the Vedanta-sutra
- Demoniac civilization is attached to ugra-karma, horrible activities, and big industries are created to satisfy unfathomable lusty desires. Consequently the people are greatly harassed by governmental taxation
- Dhruva Maharaja, who was a great charioteer and certainly a great bowman also, immediately began to kill them (the greatly powerful heroes of the Yaksas from Alakapuri) by simultaneously discharging arrows three at a time
- Dvivida could climb up into the trees and jump from one branch to another. Sometimes he would jerk the branches, creating a particular type of sound - kilakila - so that Lord Balarama was greatly distracted from the pleasing atmosphere
- Floating of the planets in the weightless air is due to the inner constitution of the globes, and the modernized drilling of the earth to exploit oil from within is a sort of disturbance by the modern demons and can result in a greatly harmful reaction
- Formerly I received the holy name of Lord Rama from Lord Siva, but now, due to your association, I am greatly eager to chant the holy name of Lord Krsna
- Gopinatha Acarya replied, "The Lord's name is Sri Krsna Caitanya, and His sannyasa preceptor is the greatly fortunate Kesava Bharati"
- Gradually Akrura learned from Kunti and Vidura that the sons of Dhrtarastra were intolerant and envious of the five Pandava brothers because of their extraordinary learning in military science and their greatly developed bodily strength
- Gradually one will come to understand the loving affairs between Krsna and the gopis and other associates of Vrndavana. Everyone is advised to continue to hear over and over again in order to greatly benefit
- Greatly satisfied by the statements of Haridasa Thakura, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu embraced him. Outwardly, however, He avoided further discussions of these matters
- Haridasa Thakura said to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "Here is Sanatana Gosvami offering his obeisances." Seeing Sanatana Gosvami, the Lord was greatly surprised
- Having heard all these details, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, greatly pleased, spoke as follows
- He (florist) offered a nice seat to Krsna and Balarama and asked his assistant to bring out flowers, betel nuts and pulp of candana. The florist's welcome greatly satisfied the Lord
- He (Jambavan) was attached to his boy and to the greatly valuable Syamantaka jewel, which he did not want to spare for Krsna
- He (Krsna) claims all living entities as His sons, so the fact that He had 161,080 sons attached to Him personally should be no cause for astonishment. Among Krsna's greatly powerful sons, eighteen sons were maha-rathas
- He is greatly qualified to entice all other girls, not only in Vrndavana or Mathura but all over the universe. His wonderfully enchanting smile is so attractive and the movements of His eyebrows are so beautiful that He can call for any woman
- He is your master, guru, God and very dear friend, and also the head of your family. Yet sometimes He agrees to act as your family's servant or order-carrier. You are greatly fortunate because this relationship is possible only by bhakti-yoga
- He told me again and again "Arise! Get up!" Upon rising, I was greatly astonished to see His beauty
- Hearing this, everyone present was greatly happy. But Svarupa Damodara, who alone was very unhappy, began to speak in great anger
- Hearing this, the King became very unhappy and, greatly lamenting, began to speak as follows
- Hellish conditions do not affect Narada Muni because he is engaged in greatly responsible activities in devotional service
- Her (Sati's) father (Daksa) might have been thinking that although she was a chaste woman, greatly adherent to her husband (Lord Siva), her husband was in a deplorable condition
- How greatly fortunate are Nanda Maharaja, the cowherd men and all the inhabitants of Vrajabhumi! There is no limit to their fortune, because the Absolute Truth, the source of transcendental bliss, the eternal Supreme Brahman, has become their friend
- I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) was greatly pleased to have the garland signifying the order of the Lord, and then and there I commenced to write this book (Sri Caitanya-caritamrta)
- I am foolish, lowborn and insignificant, and I always desire material enjoyment; yet by the order of the Vaisnavas I am greatly enthusiastic to write this transcendental literature
- I am greatly relieved to hear from you that the bank is likely willing to loan us Rs. 5 lakhs or Rs. 10 lakhs. That is the ideal solution. Best thing is to take loan
- I now do not know what My destination is because of this offense. Indeed, your Bengali Vaisnava has greatly implicated Me
- I was greatly pleased to have the garland signifying the order of the Lord, and then and there I commenced to write this book
- If it is interpreted to mean Sanatana Gosvami, then it is because he is so greatly favored by Rupa Gosvami, being always served by him, and because he is the annihilator of all kinds of sinful activities
- If one desires to be a greatly learned man he should worship Lord Siva
- If the Nawab somehow or other becomes angry with me, I shall be greatly relieved. That is my conclusion
- In Ambuya-muluka there was a person named Nakula Brahmacari, who was a perfectly pure devotee, greatly advanced in devotional service
- In that assembly were many learned scholars, brahmanas and respectable gentlemen. The two brothers Hiranya and Govardhana were also greatly learned
- In the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika (195) it is said that Srila Jiva Gosvami was formerly Vilasa-manjari gopi. From his very childhood Jiva Gosvami was greatly fond of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- In the human form of life, however, consciousness is more greatly developed, and consequently the human being has a chance to understand his relationship with God
- In the same Skanda Purana there is a statement about submission and humbleness. It is stated there, "I am so greatly sinful and offensive that when I come to confess my sinful activities before You, I am ashamed"
- In this greatly beautiful city of Dvaraka, Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, had many residential quarters. The great kings and princes of the world used to visit these palaces just to worship Him
- In this way, at Advaita Acarya's house all the devotees met and passed some days together in a greatly festive mood
- In this way, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the son of mother Saci, performs His pastimes, which greatly satisfy the ears and minds of pure devotees who hear about them
- In this way, the material creation is generated and again withdrawn. When Lord Krsna and Arjuna entered the water, it appeared that there was a strong hurricane of transcendental effulgence blowing, and the water of the Karana Ocean was greatly agitated
- It appears that from the aggression of Baktiyar Khiliji in Bengal until the time of Chand Kazi, Hindus, or the followers of the Vedic principles, were greatly suppressed
- It was Krsnadasa who filled a great waterpot and poured it over the Lord while He was taking His bath. The Lord was greatly satisfied by this
- Kaliya's wives said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), You have descended to punish all kinds of demoniac living creatures. Our husband, this Kaliya, is a greatly sinful creature, and so Your punishment for him is quite appropriate"
- Kapiladeva replies, "The spiritually powerful message of Godhead can be properly discussed only in a society of devotees, and it is greatly pleasing to hear in that association"
- Kasyapa Muni was greatly learned and enlightened, and he knew all the rules and regulations of systematic life, yet he failed to protect himself from the attack of sex desire
- King (Maharaja Pariksit) addressed him as follows: "I am surprised that Rukmi and Krsna, who were so greatly inimical to one another, could again be united by marital relationships between their descendants."
- King Anga gave up all attraction for his greatly opulent kingdom, and, unseen by anyone, he very silently gave up his home and opulence and proceeded towards the forest
- King Puranjana was anxiously thinking: Alas, my wife is encumbered by so many children. When I pass from this body, how will she be able to maintain all these family members? Alas, she will be greatly harassed by thoughts of family maintenance
- King Pururava was greatly attached to Urvasi. Yet despite his faithfulness to her, she had left him. Now, considering that the King was wasting his rarely achieved human form of life, Urvasi frankly explained the nature of a woman
- Krsna continued, "The wonderful explanation you have given of My every word is completely factual and approved by Me. O most beautiful Rukmini, you are My dearmost wife. I am greatly pleased to understand how much love you have for Me"
- Krsna said, "On account of the dust storm and the heavy rain, we began to feel greatly pained, and in whichever direction we turned we were bewildered"
- Krsna's and Balarama's bodies were smeared with the pulp of sandalwood. Akrura greatly appreciated the aroma of the flowers and sandalwood and Their bodily presence
- Lord Gaurasundara is greatly influenced by the love of His devotees. Therefore wherever there is pure devotion to the Lord, the Lord Himself, subdued by such love, appears, and His devotees see Him
- Lord Indra said, "This Krsna is an ordinary human being, is talkative, childish, impudent & ignorant, although He thinks Himself very learned. The cowherd men in Vrndavana have offended me by accepting Him. This has not been greatly appreciated by me"
- Lord Krsna began to think that while He was staying in Hastinapura with Balarama after the killing of Sisupala, Sisupala's men must have attacked Dvaraka. On reaching Dvaraka, Lord Krsna saw that the whole city was greatly endangered
- Lord Parasurama and Lord Nrsimha displayed unusual opulence by killing the disobedient ksatriyas twenty-one times and killing the greatly powerful atheist Hiranyakasipu
- Madhavendra Puri became greatly ashamed when he desired to taste the sweet rice, and he immediately began to think of Lord Visnu. While he was thus thinking of Lord Visnu, the offering was completed, and the arati ceremony began
- Maharaja Pariksit was greatly astonished that King Priyavrata remained in household life, especially since he was not only a self-realized soul but also a first-class devotee of the Lord. A devotee actually has no attraction for household life
- Maharaja Priyavrata greatly loved his wife Barhismati, and with the increase of days, their exchange of nuptial love also increased
- Maitreya explained that King Anga, after hearing the statements of the priests, was greatly aggrieved. At that time he took permission from the priests to break his silence and inquired from all the priests who were present in the sacrificial arena
- Mayavadis claim when the Absolute Truth is befooled by the external energy, maya, He becomes a jiva, or living entity. Upon hearing all these nonsensical ideas from the nondevotee, a devotee is greatly afflicted, as if his heart and soul were broken
- Mayavadis greatly fear the Krsna consciousness movement and accuse it of spoiling the Hindu religion because it accepts people from all parts of the world and all religious sects and scientifically engages them in the daiva-varnasrama-dharma
- My dear Sir, since You, a great personality, have accepted Sanatana Gosvami, he is greatly fortunate; no one can be as fortunate as he
- Narayana said, "Everyone greatly values his body because only with the body can one fulfill all the desires of one’s mind. We should not, therefore, unnecessarily give trouble to the body"
- Neither the ascetic, nor one who is greatly munificent, nor one who is famous, nor the great philosopher, nor the great occultist, nor anyone else can achieve the desired result without being engaged in the service of the Lord
- Nityananda Prabhu was requested not to come every year to Jagannatha Puri, although seeing Lord Jagannatha greatly benefits everyone. Does this mean that the Lord was refusing Nityananda Prabhu a fortunate opportunity? No
- O greatly fortunate Sukadeva Gosvami, please continue narrating Srimad-Bhagavatam so that I (Maharaja Pariksit) can place my mind upon the Supreme Soul, Lord Krsna
- O greatly fortunate Vidura, this external energy is known as maya or illusion, and through her agency only is the entire material manifestation made possible
- On reaching Dvaraka, Lord Krsna saw that the whole city was greatly endangered. He placed Balaramaji in a strategic position for the protection of the city, and He Himself asked His charioteer, Daruka, to prepare to start
- On this occasion, greatly happy, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu took all the devotees with Him and visited the Lord in the temple
- Our Gaudiya Math people fought with one another after the demise of Guru Maharaja but my disciples have already begun fighting even in my presence. So I am greatly concerned about it
- Prahlada Maharaja suffered greatly, but still he never forgot the lotus feet of the Lord. This is because a pure devotee of the Lord is so purified in his heart that he cannot leave the shelter of Lord Krsna in any circumstances
- Priesthood is not accepted by learned brahmanas. Nevertheless, the greatly learned brahmana Visvarupa became the priest of the demigods because of his profound respect for them
- Raghunatha dasa Gosvami used to eat rejected food that he had collected and washed. This renounced life greatly pleased both Svarupa Damodara Gosvami and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Rukmi, the elder brother of Krsna's first wife, Rukmini, was greatly harassed and insulted in his fight with Krsna, but on the request of Rukmini his life was spared. Since then Rukmi held a great grudge against Krsna and was always inimical toward Him
- Rukmini said, "My Lord (Krsna), You are so kind to Your devotee that even this one morsel of chipped rice pleases You very greatly, and Your pleasure assures the devotee opulence in both this life and the next"
- Rupa Gosvami stated that Srila Ramananda Raya was a greatly learned scholar of bona fide dramatic composition
- SB 10.16.13, there is the following description. When Krsna was chastising the Kaliyanaga in the Yamuna, the big snake wrapped his coils all over Krsna's body, and upon seeing Krsna in this situation, all His dear cowherd friends became greatly disturbed
- Seeing Krsna offering obeisances to Lord Maha-Visnu, he immediately followed Him and then stood before the Lord with folded hands. After this, the gigantic form of Maha-Visnu, greatly pleased, smiled pleasingly and spoke as follows
- Seeing the change, Haridasa Thakura, greatly astonished, told the Lord, "This is Your pastime"
- Siva-jvara said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), I beg to submit that I have been very greatly chastised by the release of Your Narayana-jvara, which is certainly very cooling yet at the same time severely dangerous and unbearable for all of us"
- Sometimes he even goes to the hellish planets. Hellish conditions do not affect Narada Muni because he is engaged in greatly responsible activities in devotional service
- Sometimes they felt diseased from their separation from Krsna, and being so greatly disappointed, they were aimlessly wandering on the banks of the Yamuna
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu performed many pastimes at Jagannatha Puri. Seeing the severe penances performed by Raghunatha dasa in the renounced order, the Lord was greatly satisfied
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was greatly happy to find a chapter of that scripture, and symptoms of ecstatic transformation - trembling, tears, perspiration, trance and jubilation - were manifest in His body
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was greatly satisfied to see this. Accepting them as His father and mother, He offered them obeisances
- Srila Narottama dasa Thakura, also, prays like this, "My dear Lord, O son of Nanda Maharaja, associated with the daughter of Vrsabhanu, I have come to take shelter under Your lotus feet after suffering greatly in the material condition of life"
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "Being greatly afflicted by affection for the transcendental Lord, fell down upon His lotus feet to offer respectful obeisances"
- Take care of all of these good souls that Krsna is sending you. By your own exemplary behavior, train them all as ideal Vaisnavas. This will greatly please me
- The citizens of their kingdoms were greatly pleased to see them return, and when they heard of the kind dealings of Lord Krsna, they were all very happy
- The conclusion of all revealed scriptures is that one should awaken his dormant love of Godhead. You are greatly fortunate to have already done so
- The cow stands with tears in her eyes, the sudra milkman draws milk from the cow artificially, and when there is no milk the cow is sent to be slaughtered. These greatly sinful acts are responsible for all the troubles in present society
- The creeper greatly expands in the Goloka Vrndavana planet, and there it produces the fruit of love for Krsna. Although remaining in the material world, the gardener regularly sprinkles the creeper with the water of hearing and chanting
- The demon (Vrkasura) was greatly pacified by the sweet words of Lord Narayana in the form of a brahmacari, and at last he disclosed all that had happened in regard to the benediction offered by Lord Siva
- The florist, Sudama, was greatly pleased within his heart by seeing Krsna and Balarama in his place, and thus, as his choicest desire, he made two exquisite garlands of various flowers and presented them to the Lord
- The greatly fortunate Sasabindu, who was a great mystic, possessed fourteen opulences and was the owner of fourteen great jewels. Thus he became the emperor of the world
- The Gurudeva said, "I am greatly pleased by your (Krsna and Sudama) acts, and I bless you: May all your desires and ambitions be fulfilled"
- The holy name of Krsna can drive away all the darkness of ignorance that arises in the heart due to greatly sinful activities performed in previous lives
- The inhabitants of Dvaraka said, "Observing Your face, we, Your eternal servitors, become greatly satisfied. All the anxieties of our existence are immediately mitigated"
- The Kumaras were greatly satisfied by King Prthu's method of worship. It was by the grace of Maharaja Prthu that the common citizens in his domain could see the Kumaras flying in outer space
- The Lord (Caitanya) became morose and said to Srivasa Thakura, "When I adopted the mood of Lord Nrsimha-deva, people were greatly afraid. Therefore I stopped, since causing fear among people is an offense"
- The love of the gopis nourishes the sweetness of Lord Krsna. That sweetness in turn increases their love, for they are greatly satisfied
- The mundane workers, who are always desirous of enjoying the fruits of their mundane activities, suffer greatly under the pressing disadvantages of such activities, just like poor oxen tightly tethered to the grinding mill
- The nine sons of Rsabha were greatly fortunate sages who worked vigorously to spread knowledge of the Absolute Truth. They wandered about naked and were very well versed in spiritual science
- The pregnancy (of Sacimata) approached its thirteenth month, but still there was no sign of the delivery of the child (Nimai Pandita). Thus Jagannatha Misra became greatly apprehensive
- The regulative principles observed by Caitanya Mahaprabhu were sometimes intolerable, and all the devotees became greatly affected by them
- The six Gosvamis came from greatly rich and aristocratic families, but when they adopted the life of mendicants at Vrndavana, superficially they appeared to be in wretched conditions of life, but factually they were the richest of all in spiritual value
- The whole atmosphere would change into a greatly festive celebration. In a festive mood, the wives of the Lord would sometimes sprinkle water on the His body with a syringelike instrument, and the Lord would similarly wet the bodies of the queens
- There is an instance when Sahadeva, the younger brother of Nakula, became greatly gladdened at seeing the effulgent glowing of Krsna's footprints
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned how to study soil to find minerals. This study of soil is now a greatly specialized science, but formerly it was common knowledge even for the ordinary man
- They (the gopis) remained standing still, as if they were painted pictures. All the gopis decided that Krsna was not returning immediately, and with greatly disappointed hearts they returned to their respective homes
- They said, "Dear Caitanya Mahaprabhu" "to tell You the truth, we are greatly pleased to hear Your words, and furthermore Your bodily features are so pleasing that we feel extraordinary satisfaction in seeing You"
- This (the Bhagavatam describes the symptoms and deeds of the incarnations in general and counts Sri Krsna among them) made Suta Gosvami greatly apprehensive. Therefore he distinguished each incarnation by its specific symptoms
- This movement is greatly needed for the human society, so we are not working like any political party, but we are trying to execute the Will of the Supreme Lord
- This study of soil is now a greatly specialized science, but formerly it was common knowledge even for the ordinary man. They learned to study herbs and plants to discover how they would act as medicine for different ailments
- This system of visiting places of pilgrimage and providing the local brahmana priests with all necessities of life has greatly deteriorated in this Age of Kali
- This was intolerable for Damodara Pandita. He became greatly unhappy, but there was nothing he could say, for the boy would ignore his restrictions
- Thus Bhagavan Acarya, greatly ashamed and fearful, remained silent. The next day, he asked Gopala Bhattacarya to return to his own district
- Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu performed many pastimes at Jagannatha Puri. Seeing the severe penances performed by Raghunatha dasa in the renounced order, the Lord was greatly satisfied
- Twice-born Daksa, a man like you can simply find fault in the qualities of others. Lord Siva, however, not only finds no faults with others' qualities, but if someone has a little good quality, he magnifies it greatly
- Unless one receives the transcendental knowledge from the authorized parampara, one should be considered useless (viphala matah), even though one may be greatly qualified in the mundane advancements of arts or science
- Upon seeing each other, they both became overwhelmed. Seeing the Lord's head without hair, mother Saci became greatly agitated
- We may say, "This vipra is a greatly learned man." In this sentence, the vipra is the subject, and the predicate is his erudition
- When food is offered to Krsna with love and devotion and He is pleased and accepts it from the devotee, Rukminidevi, the goddess of fortune, becomes so greatly obliged to the devotee that she has to go personally to the devotee’s home
- When he went farther, he saw a rabbit that was also suffering. Narada Muni was greatly pained at heart to see living entities suffer so
- When I see such a display, My heart becomes greatly excited. I long for such pastimes and desire a form exactly like that of the damsels of Vraja
- When Mother Yasoda was thinking that her son was walking in the forest without any umbrella or shoes, she became greatly perturbed to think of how much difficulty Krsna must have been feeling
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu arrived at his home, Vallabha Bhattacarya, being greatly pleased, offered the Lord a nice sitting place and personally washed His feet
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this, He was greatly satisfied. "Raghunatha dasa has done well," He said. He has acted suitably for a person in the renounced order
- When the devotees from Bengal arrived at Jagannatha Puri, both Nityananda Prabhu and Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya greatly endeavored to take Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu back to Jagannatha Puri
- When the Yamuna was threatened like this, she became greatly afraid of the power of Balarama and immediately came in person, falling at His lotus feet and praying
- Whether a highway robber or a government thief, such a man will be punished in his next life by being thrown into the hell known as Sarameyadana, where he will suffer greatly from the bites of ferocious dogs
- With the choicest rubies set in its diamond walls, the castle created in the sky by Kardama Muni, appeared as though possessed of eyes. It was furnished with wonderful canopies and greatly valuable gates of gold