Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
grant | granted | grants | granting
- This category does not include the expression "take for granted" - please see related category below
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Grant"
The following 41 pages are in this category, out of 41 total.
- Although the benediction asked was not very commendable because the devotee wanted to kill his enemy, Lord Siva considered the devotee's good quality in worshiping and satisfying him and granted the benediction
- As soon as he heard my petition, he immediately granted me a pension without reductions. Thus the King granted me a full salary as a pension and requested me to engage without anxiety in the service of Your lotus feet
- At present we only have access to the temple from the sea-side and it is proving a great inconvenience to visitors coming from the colony side. We therefore request that access be kindly granted to us on the colony side for the benefit of many worshipers
- I am very much pleased by your description of Me in terms of My transcendental qualities, which appear mundane to the mundaners. I grant you all benedictions in your desire to glorify all the planets by your activities
- I shall see that they may grant some more concession. You have to convince the carrying company that our this world wide Krishna Consciousness movement, so everything required is for the help of this society
- In this way they both presented many impediments, indirectly not granting the Lord permission to go to Vrndavana. They did this because they were afraid of separation from Him
- It is very good news to hear that the German government has granted you a 5 year visa and that your Sankirtana activities are expanding. This is all very encouraging
- Lord Balarama said, "I shall be glad to award him anything else you may ask. I shall be very glad to grant all these boons to fulfill your desires"
- Lord Vamanadeva requested three paces of land from Maharaja Bali, and when Maharaja Bali agreed to grant them, the Lord immediately covered the entire world with two footsteps
- Maharaja Ambarisa was offended by Durvasa, who even approached Lord Visnu for pardon. Lord Visnu would not grant him pardon; therefore he had to fall down at the lotus feet of Maharaja Ambarisa
- Mucukunda replied as follows, "Grant me the power to burn to ashes, by my mere glance, anyone who disturbs my sleeping and awakens me untimely. Please give me this benediction"
- My (Kardama Muni) dear Devahuti, you look very much afraid. First bathe in Lake Bindu-sarovara, created by Lord Visnu Himself, which can grant all the desires of a human being, and then mount this airplane
- My path is very difficult. I am blind, and my feet are slipping again and again. Therefore, may the saints help me by granting me the stick of their mercy as my support
- O spotless one (Maitreya), your answers to all these questions will grant immunity from all material miseries. Such charity is greater than all Vedic charities, sacrifices, penances, etc
- Of course, a sannyasi or brahmana may beg for up to five gandas, but why should he be granted the inappropriate sum of 200,000 kahanas of conchshells
- Our program requires the assistance of both Sriman Wayne Gunderson and his wife Srimati Citralekha Devi Dasi, who are my initiated disciples. My request is that these two, husband and wife, be granted visa for coming to India
- Second, whatever temporary result one derives from worshiping the demigods is actually granted by the permission of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. It is clearly stated in the Bhagavad-gita: mayaiva vihitan hi tan
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then told Nityananda Prabhu, "Please hear Me, O holy man: I now request something of You. Kindly grant My request"
- The attainment of spiritual perfection by different spiritualists is explained in the Bhagavad-gita, wherein the Lord says that He grants the perfection the devotee desires in proportion to the devotee's surrender unto Him
- The daughter of Time (Jara) was very unfortunate. Consequently she was known as Durbhaga ("ill-fated"). However, she was once pleased with a great king, and because the king accepted her, she granted him a great benediction
- The dust and shade of the lotus feet of the Vaisnavas have been granted to this fallen soul by the mercy of Lord Nityananda
- The gopis prayed to Katyayani to grant them Krsna as their husband, whereas mundaners visit the temple of Katyayani to receive some material profit. That is the difference between a Vaisnava's visit and a nondevotee's visit
- The governor then submissively asked, "Why was I born in a Muslim family? This is considered a low birth. Why didn't supreme Providence grant me a birth in a Hindu family"
- The Kurus thought, "The kings of the Kuru dynasty are the emperors whereas the kings of the Yadu dynasty are able to enjoy their land only because we have granted it to them"
- The officer whom I met was very sympathetic & he said that Immigration visa from this side would take a long time for being granted better I took the visitors visa - so I have accepted it
- The powerful Kardama Muni was the knower of everyone's heart, and he could grant whatever one desired. Knowing the spiritual soul, he regarded her as half of his body. Dividing himself into nine forms, he impregnated Devahuti with nine discharges of semen
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead then said: O Brahma, O depth of Vedic wisdom, be neither depressed nor anxious about the execution of creation. What you are begging from Me has already been granted before
- When Lord Krsna disclosed their disguise, King Jarasandha laughed very loudly, and then in great anger and in a grave voice he exclaimed, "You fools! If you want to fight with me, I immediately grant your request"
- When Raghupati Upadhyaya was requested by the Lord to recite more, he immediately offered his respects to the Lord and granted His request
- When Sanatana Gosvami granted permission for Jagadananda to return to Jagannatha Puri, he gave Jagadananda some gifts for Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- When Srinivasa Acarya went to see Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, the Gosvami blessed him by embracing him. Srinivasa Acarya requested his blessings for preaching in Bengal, and Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami granted them