Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
graded | grades | grade
- VedaBase query: graded or grades or grade not "different grades" not "low grade" not "high* grade" not "lower grade"
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Grade"
The following 38 pages are in this category, out of 38 total.
- A man in a higher position may feel dissatisfaction with the standard of life of a lower-grade man, but the lower-grade man is satisfied in that position because of the spell of maya, the external energy
- According to the grades of worshipers, the indications of the nomenclature may be differently explained as Narayana, Brahma, Paramatma, etc
- Dronacarya accepted him (Arjuna) as a first-grade scholar and loved heartily to bestow upon him all the blessings of military science
- Due to their unclean habits they are prohibited, but at the same time they are given other facilities so they may be elevated to the highest grade of devotional service by association with pure devotees
- In grades of life higher than ours, pregnancy occurs once in a lifetime
- In the lower grades of life (in plant and tree life) there is no system for sexual intercourse. In the upper grades (in the life of birds and bees) there is sex, but the insects and animals do not know how to actually enjoy sex life
- So many grades of devotees
- Spiritual culture is not dogmatic faith but it is based on philosophy, reason and culture. This can be introduced very easily through convenient methods of music, dance and refreshment which are acceptable by all grades of human being
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "There was no scarcity in his royal style because he had a very beautiful temple wherein the Deity of the Lord was decorated with costly paraphernalia and offered high grade food"
- The Bhagavad-gita states that devotees of the highest grade are under the care of daiva-maya, or yogamaya: mahatmanas tu mam partha daivim prakrtim asritah
- The devotees who have developed a mentality of genuine service to the Lord and who thus make friendships only with similar devotees, show favor to the neophytes and avoid the atheists are called the second-grade devotees
- The family in which a maha-bhagavata takes his birth is fortunate because due to the birth of a first-grade devotee the members of the family, past, present and future up to one hundred generations, become liberated by the grace of the Lord
- The fourth grade of man is the laborer class. They have no capacity either to become brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya. They have to take shelter of somebody and must be satisfied with the wages he takes from that
- The gopis, even up to the point of becoming prostitute - for Krsna. So for Krsna's sake we have to accept any nonsense type of business. Or on the highest grade. Anything. But for Krsna we have to do that
- The living entity is described as isvara, the controller of his own body. If he likes, he can change his body to a higher grade, and if he likes he can move to a lower class. Minute independence is there
- The lower grade life and higher grade life in this material world means those who are proportionately less sinful, they are promoted in higher planets
- The meat-eaters, they are everywhere, all over the world, but in India meat-eating is allowed - the fifth class, fifth grade community, they eat these cows when it is dead. And the sudra class, they also eat meat restrictively, goats
- The sannyasa stage is the preparatory stage of paramahamsa, or the first-grade devotee of the Lord
- The standard of comfort and happiness conceived by a common man engaged in material labor is the lowest grade of happiness, for it is in relationship with the body
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, has many grades of parts and parcels, but the quadruple expansions of Krsna - Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha - are directly in the Visnu category
- The word aprthag-dhiyah indicates that Aryans do not distinguish between lower and higher grades of life
- These different orders of society and grades of spiritual advancement are conceived in terms of qualification
- Three grades of devotees
- We cannot discover the mysteries of the Lord by our endeavors; they are only revealed, by His grace, to the proper devotees. These mysteries are disclosed to the various grades of devotees in proportion to the gradual development of their service attitude
- Within this material world there are different grades of forms, and according to the grade, knowledge is proportionately manifested
- Women are by nature endowed with many artistic tendencies, and from the Vedic age we find that high grade women and girls were highly qualified in sixty-four arts