Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
governess | governor | governors | governorship
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Caitanya and the Muslim Governor (1 P)
Pages in category "Governor"
The following 52 pages are in this category, out of 52 total.
- A king, governor or president should not take the opportunity to occupy his post without also discharging his duty. He must teach the people within the state how to observe the divisions of varna and asrama
- Actually it is very difficult to ascertain the number of universes. Every universe has its separate Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, who are known as permanent governors. Therefore there is also no counting them
- After calming down, the Muslim secretary offered his respects and informed the representative of the Orissan government, "The Muslim governor has sent me here"
- After thinking this, the maha-patra immediately informed the Muslim secretary, "It is a great fortune for your governor. Let him come visit Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- After this, the Muslim governor offered prayers to the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, as well as to the lotus feet of all His devotees. After that, the governor departed. Indeed, he was very pleased
- Arriving in that way, the Muslim governor was respectfully brought before Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu by the maha-patra. The governor then stood before the Lord with folded hands, and he chanted the holy name of Krsna
- At that time, a follower of the Muslim governor arrived at the Orissa encampment dressed in disguise
- At the present moment there are three dozen minister, four dozen secretaries and two dozen governors and so on, so on. But there is no peace. There is no peace because they are missing the central point, the central point, Krsna
- I do not know if my secretaries in Bombay have seen the Chief Minister as directed by you, but I think that when the Governor is personally examining the case, it may not be necessary to see the Chief Minister
- I have received one encouraging letter from Dr. Channa Reddy, Governor of Uttar Pradesh. He is very enthusiastic in this project. So I am very anxiously awaiting your reply to my letter
- I made Ramananda Raya the governor of Rajamahendri. There is practically no account of whatever money he took and distributed in that position
- If anyone starves, it is due to the mismanagement of the so-called ruler, governor or president
- If you agree, the Muslim governor will come here to meet Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and then return
- In Indore we have got many life members who will help you. The certificate the Governor has given that you are the real sadhu should be published. If possible the Governor may be induced to become life member so that other government men may follow
- It had been decided that Ramananda Raya would resign from his post as governor and return to Jagannatha Puri to live with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- It is no wonder that this Muslim governor has attained such results. Simply by seeing You, all this is possible
- It was the duty of Daksa to look after the maintenance and comforts of all living entities because he was situated as Prajapati, the governor of all living entities
- Maharaja Prataparudra's government officer further informed Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu that He should stay at the Orissa border for some days so that a peaceful agreement could be negotiated with the Muslim governor
- Modern presidents, governors and chief executive officers are all unworthy of their posts because they are not conversant with Vedic administrative knowledge and they do not take direction from great saintly persons and brahmanas
- Mukunda Datta then told the Muslim governor, "My dear sir, please hear. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu wishes to go to the bank of the Ganges"
- My two secretaries, Srimad Bhagavan das Adhikari and Srimad Giriraja das Brahmacari tried their utmost to get an appointment from the secretary of the Governor of Maharashtra. His Excellency Nawab Ali Yavar Jung, but it was not successful
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then glanced with mercy at the Muslim governor. Giving him assurance, He asked him to chant the holy names "Krsna" and "Hari"
- Surrounding Brahmapuri in all directions are the residences of the eight principal governors of the planetary systems, beginning with King Indra. These abodes are similar to Brahmapuri but are one fourth the size
- The brahmanas were rather surprised to see such a great sannyasi touch a sudra, and they were also surprised to see Ramananda Raya, who was a great governor and practically king of that province, crying simply by touching a sannyasi
- The governor then submissively asked, "Why was I born in a Muslim family? This is considered a low birth. Why didn't supreme Providence grant me a birth in a Hindu family"
- The governors of the various planets are certainly materially opulent and very puffed up. Such persons are unable to understand the transcendental, eternal form of the Lord
- The maha-patra crossed the river with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and when they reached the other shore, the Muslim governor personally received the Lord and worshiped His lotus feet
- The Muslim governor accompanied Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu past Mantresvara. This place was very dangerous due to pirates. He took the Lord to a place named Pichalda, which was near Mantresvara
- The Muslim governor is very eager, and he has submitted this petition with great respect. It is a proposal for peace. You need not fear that we will fight
- The Muslim governor then personally accompanied Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Because of pirates, the governor took ten boats full of many soldiers
- The Muslim governor then prayed for liberation from the unlimited sinful reactions he had previously incurred by being envious of brahmanas and Vaisnavas and killing cows
- The Muslim governor then said, "Since You have so kindly accepted me, please give me some order so that I can render You some service"
- The Muslim spy saw the wonderful characteristics of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and when he returned to the Muslim governor, he told him, "A mendicant has come from Jagannatha Puri with many liberated persons"
- The next morning the governor sent his secretary with many nicely decorated boats to bring Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to the other side of the river
- The secretary returned to the Muslim governor and informed him of this news. Dressing himself like a Hindu, the Muslim governor then came to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Unless one eats prasada, he is certainly a thief. It is the duty of governors and kings to punish such thieves and maintain the world nicely. If this is not done, grains will no longer be produced, and people will simply starve
- Upon hearing the governor's submissive statement, the maha-patra was overwhelmed with joy. He clasped the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and began to offer the following prayers
- Upon hearing this proposal, the representative of the Orissan government, the maha-patra, was very much astonished. He thought, "The Muslim governor is a drunkard. Who has changed his mind"
- Upon seeing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu from a distant place, the Muslim governor fell to the ground and offered obeisances. Tears came to his eyes, and he was jubilant with ecstatic emotions