God Is Beyond
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 20 subcategories, out of 20 total.
- ► God Is Beyond All Transcendence (1 P)
- ► God Is Beyond Darkness and Passion (1 P)
- ► God Is Beyond Direct Perception (3 P)
- ► God Is Beyond Imagination (3 P)
- ► God Is Beyond Material Nature (4 P)
- ► God Is Beyond Our Experience (2 P)
- ► God Is Beyond Our Vision (2 P)
- ► God Is Beyond Speculation (1 C, 2 P)
- ► God Is Beyond the Darkness of Matter (2 P)
- ► God Is Beyond the Mind and Words (2 P)
- ► God Is Beyond this Material Creation (9 P)
Pages in category "God Is Beyond"
The following 47 pages are in this category, out of 47 total.
- After all, both the impersonal and the personal feature of the Supreme Lord are beyond our material conception
- Akrura continued, "My dear Lord, I offer my respectful obeisances unto You because You are beyond the influence of the three modes. Except for You, everyone is being carried away by the waves of these modes"
- All the senses, both of the Lord and of the devotees, are without material contamination. They are so because they are beyond the material cause and effects, as clearly mentioned herein (SB 2.7.47) - sad-asataḥ param
- All these universes are thus created by the exhalation of Maha-Visnu, and when Maha-Visnu inhales, they re-enter His body. The unlimited opulences of Maha-Visnu are completely beyond material conception
- Amsuman said to Lord Kapiladeva the Supreme Personality of Godhead "Because You are beyond even the direct and indirect intelligence of Lord Brahma," he prayed, "unless we are enlightened by Your Lordship it will not be possible for us to understand You"
- Amsuman said: My Lord, even Lord Brahma is to this very day unable to understand Your position, which is far beyond himself, either by meditation or by mental speculation
- Any one who is cent per cent engaged in the service of the Lord is transcendentally situated and the influence of Maya has no more any action on such body. The Lord and His pure devotees are always beyond the range of Maya's action
- As described in the beginning of the Vedanta-sutra, the Supreme Person is the origin of all qualities. He is generally called nirguna. Nirguna means "whose qualities are beyond estimation." Guna means "quality," and nir means "beyond estimation"
- Because Narayana, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is beyond the material world, one cannot speculate upon Him by any material method. One has to understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead simply by the transcendental method of Krsna consciousness
- Because the Lord possesses in full the six opulences of wealth, strength, fame, beauty, knowledge and renunciation, He alone is beyond the spell of material nature
- Being absolute, beyond relativity, He (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) is free from distinctions between cause and effect, although He is the cause and effect of everything - SB 10.9.13-14
- In the Vedas it is said that God is beyond the approach of mundane words and intelligence. And yet by His causeless mercy one can have suitable senses to hear Him or to speak to Him. This is the Lord's inconceivable energy
- It is explained very nicely here (in SB 3.26.3) that the Personality of Godhead is beyond material existence
- It is impossible to conceive of the existence, name, form, quality and pastimes of the Supreme Personality of Godhead because He is transcendentally situated beyond the conception of materialistic persons
- Let me (mother Yasoda) simply offer my obeisances, for He (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) is beyond my contemplation, speculation and meditation. He is beyond all of my material activities - 10.8.41
- Let me (mother Yasoda) surrender unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead and offer my obeisances unto Him, who is beyond the conception of human speculation, the mind, activities, words and arguments - SB 10.8.41
- Lord Brahma had said, to realize the transcendental form of the Lord is beyond the power of the senses
- Lord Visnu has thousands of heads, thousands of eyes and thousands of feet. Entirely encompassing the whole universe, He still extends beyond it by ten fingers' breadth. He is in fact this entire universe. He is all that was and all that will be
- Lord Visnu is Krsna's personal expansion; therefore He is the director of the mode of goodness and is always transcendentally situated, beyond the jurisdiction of the modes of material nature
- The activities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead in maintaining His devotees are transcendental, not material. He exists in everything as the cause and effect, yet He is separate, existing beyond this cosmic manifestation
- The decorations of the Lord are beyond material conception, as admitted even by impersonalists like Sankaracarya: Narayana, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, has nothing to do with the material creation
- The entire cosmic manifestation is but an expansion of the Lord's energy; everything rests in Him, yet He exists separately, beyond creation, maintenance and annihilation
- The Lord can be known only by those whom He favors, and not by anyone else. Such special favors are bestowed upon His pure devotees only. Sri Isopanisad thus points to the favor of the Lord, which is beyond the purview of the brahma-jyotir
- The Lord has stated that He is beyond the range of mental speculation and the speed of thought, yet He can be approached easily by His causeless mercy. Thus only by His causeless mercy can He be attained. Other methods will not be effective
- The Lord is beyond the limit of conception for mundane learned scholars, philosophers or scientists
- The Lord is described in the Vedic language as avan-manasa-gocarah, beyond the conception of words and minds
- The Lord is explained here (in SB 3.19.25) to be adhoksaja, beyond the reach of all material calculation. Aksaja means "the measurement of our senses," and adhoksaja means "that which is beyond the measurement of our senses."
- The Lord is the creator of the creative energy. We can see that there is a creative energy in the material world, but He is not under this energy. He is prakrti-parah, beyond this energy
- The original cause of the cosmic manifestation must be the oldest person and must therefore be beyond material transformations. He is the enjoyer of all auspicious activities and is the cause of conditional life and also liberation
- The pastimes and activities of the Lord are not material - they are beyond the material conception - and the conditioned soul can benefit by hearing such uncommon activities
- The Personality of Godhead, Bhagavan, is paratah parat, beyond Brahman and Paramatma realization. In this connection, Srila Jiva Gosvami points out that paratah parat means "better than the best."
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead in His form of Visnu maintains the entire material world. Since He is always beyond the material qualities, the material nature cannot touch Him
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is the Supreme Soul, and He has no beginning. He is transcendental to the material modes of nature and beyond the existence of this material world
- The supreme religion is that which teaches its followers how to love the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is beyond the reach of experimental knowledge. Such a religious system begins with tan-nama-grahana, chanting of the holy name of the Lord
- The Supreme Truth exists both internally and externally, in the moving and nonmoving. He is beyond the power of the material senses to see or to know. Although far, far away, He is also near to all. BG 13.16 - 1972
- The word adhoksajalambham refers to keeping the mind always engaged in the Absolute Truth, who is beyond the mind and material speculation. Sa vai manah krsna-padaravindayoh (SB 9.4.18). This is the result of Deity worship
- This very conception of the impersonalists and so-called yogis checks them from seeing the Supreme Personality of Godhead as He is. The Lord, therefore, is always beyond the sight of such nondevotees
- Vasudeva said: My Lord, You are the Supreme Person, beyond material existence, and You are the Supersoul - SB 10.3.13
- Visnu has 1000's of heads, eyes & feet. Entirely encompassing the whole universe, He still extends beyond it by ten fingers' breadth. He is this entire universe, all that was & all that will be, the Lord of immortality & of all that is nourished by food