Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
- ► God Gives Pleasure (3 C, 12 P)
- ► Pleasure from God's Service (1 P)
Pages in category "God's Pleasing"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
- In the eighteenth incarnation, the Lord appeared as King Rama. In order to perform some pleasing work for the demigods, He exhibited superhuman powers by controlling the Indian Ocean & then killing the atheist Ravana, who was on the other side of the sea
- It is their (followers of Jaimini) opinion that if there is a God, He will be pleased with man and give man all desired results if man simply performs his material activities nicely
- Lord Brahma, surrounded by the other demigods, was bright-faced because the Lord was pleased. Thus he offered prayers to the Lord with transcendental words
- Lord Jagannatha was very much pleased by the sankirtana, and He brought His car to a standstill just to see the performance
- Lord Ksirodakasayi Visnu was pleased with the demigods, and thus He appeared before them. The demigods were almost blinded by His transcendental bodily effulgence
- The demigods are not pure devotees. Although without difficulty one can get anything he desires if the Lord is pleased, the demigods aspire for material profit by pleasing the Lord
- The heavenly planets were generated from the top of His head, and the Apsaras from His sense enjoyment. May that supremely powerful Personality of Godhead be pleased with us
- The Lord has sufficient energies and agents who can vanquish atheists, but it pleases Him to personally favor a devotee. Therefore He descends as an incarnation. Actually, He descends only to favor His devotees and not for any other purpose
- The Lord takes pleasure when some of His devotees accept Him as less important in terms of love
- The Lord, who is known as Hrsikesa, bugled with His Pancajanya conchshell, in this way pleasing all the demigods, headed by Lord Brahma. Then He mounted the back of His carrier, Garuda
- The six Gosvamis of Vrndavana are respected throughout the entire universe because a devotee, having pleased the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the source of all emanations, automatically pleases everyone, and thus everyone offers him respect
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: Freed from all sinful reactions are those who rise from bed at the end of night, early in the morning, and fully concentrate their minds with great attention upon My very pleasing abode (the ocean of milk)
- Then, in the Satya-yuga, the lotus-eyed Supreme Personality of Godhead, being pleased, showed Himself to that Kardama Muni and displayed His transcendental form, which can be understood only through the Vedas
- They (the four Kumaras) could not even comprehend the purport of the speech or what the Supreme Lord wanted to do. Nor could they understand whether the Lord was angry or pleased with them
- They must have executed pious acts of austerity in the past, or the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself must have been pleased with them. Otherwise, how could they engage in devotional service in so many ways?
- To create different planetary systems I (Brahma) had to undergo austerities and penance, and the Lord, thus being pleased with me, incarnated in four sanas (Sanaka, Sanat-kumara, Sanandana and Sanatana)