Category:Glorifying Devotees of God
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Glorifying Devotees of God"
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total.
- All glories to Sri Advaita Acarya, who is very dear to Lord Caitanya! And all glories to all the devotees of the Lord, headed by Srivasa Thakura
- All glory and success to Srila Narada Muni because he glorifies the activities of the Personality of Godhead, and so doing he himself takes pleasure and also enlivens all the distressed souls of the universe
- Although Bali Maharaja was cheated (by Visnu), his reputation as a great devotee able to give anything and everything in charity is still glorified throughout the three worlds
- At the residence of Hiranya and Govardhana, discourses took place by which Haridasa Thakura was glorified. O devotees, please listen to that wonderful story
- King Prthu continued: My dear devotees, headed by the suta, just now I am not very famous for my personal activities because I have not done anything praiseworthy you could glorify
- Krsna and His unalloyed devotees cannot be separated, and therefore glorifying the devotee means glorifying the Lord and vice versa
- Krsna has no obligation that He has to take His birth in a particular family or particular country. He has no such obligation. But to glorify a certain family or certain person because he is devotee, therefore He has taken birth
- Maharaja Pariksit, who was entrusted with the kingdom of Hastinapura by Maharaja Yudhisthira when he desired to retire to the forest, is now ruling the world with great success due to his being glorified by the deeds of the kings of the Kuru dynasty
- My dear Vaisnava, seeing a person like you is the perfection of one's eyesight, touching your lotus feet is the perfection of the sense of touch, and glorifying your good qualities is the tongue's real activity
- My mission is develop the glories of Srila Jiva Goswami all over the world and I think you should cooperate with my honest endeavour
- O King Pariksit, the powerful Vrtrasura, the enemy of King Indra, angrily struck the head of Indra's elephant with that club, making a tumultuous sound on the battlefield. For this heroic deed, the soldiers on both sides glorified him
- O King, Prahlada Maharaja's good qualities are still glorified by learned saints and Vaisnavas. As all good qualities are always found existing in the Supreme Personality of Godhead, they also exist forever in His devotee Prahlada Maharaja
- O Maharaja Pariksit, descendant of Pandu, Sankrti had two sons, named Guru and Rantideva. Rantideva is famous in both this world and the next, for he is glorified not only in human society but also in the society of the demigods
- Seeing the sublime character of the prostitute, everyone was astonished. Everyone glorified the influence of Haridasa Thakura and offered him obeisances
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu became very happy just to speak of the glories of His devotees. Indeed, when He spoke of their glories, it was as if He had five faces
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "By seeing you, by touching you and by glorifying your transcendental qualities, one can perfect the purpose of all sense activity. This is the verdict of the revealed scriptures"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then asked Ramananda Raya, "Out of all glorious activities, which is the most glorious?" Ramananda Raya replied, "That person who is reputed to be a devotee of Lord Krsna enjoys the utmost fame and glory"
- Srimad-Bhagavatam describes the glories of the Lord and His devotees. Because the whole subject matter is the glorification of the Lord, naturally the glorification of His devotees automatically follows
- Sukadeva continued: Thus being satisfied in all respects, the great mystic yogi Durvasa took permission and left, continuously glorifying the King. Through the skyways, he went to Brahmaloka, which is devoid of agnostics & dry philosophical speculators
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: My dear King, how shall I glorify the character of Bali Maharaja? The SPG, the master of the three worlds, who is most compassionate to His own devotee, stands with club in hand at Bali Maharaja's door
- That Bali Maharaja endured all these severe tests and austerities is the mercy of the Supreme Lord. The Lord certainly appreciates the devotee's forbearance, and it is recorded for the future glorification of the devotee
- The beauty of the Lord is that the devotees who are connected with His activities are also glorified. Arjuna, Prahlada, Janaka Maharaja, Bali Maharaja and many other devotees were not even in the renounced order of life, but were householders
- The brahmanas and Vaisnavas are personally glorified by their characteristic powers of tolerance, penance, knowledge and education. By dint of all these spiritual assets, Vaisnavas are more powerful than royalty
- The devotees are glorified by the presence of the Lord because they cannot live for a moment without the presence of the Lord and His different energies
- The glories of the Lord and the glories of His devotees, combined together, comprise the complete knowledge of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- The King, being very pleased with the singers of such glories, opened his eyes in great satisfaction. Out of magnanimity he was pleased to award them very valuable necklaces and clothing
- The Lord is satisfied more when His pure devotees are glorified, and therefore Bhismadeva has not only glorified the acts of Arjuna, his immediate object of attraction, but has also remembered the gopis
- The tongue is meant for glorifying your qualities because in this world a pure devotee of the Lord is very difficult to find
- There is a statement in the Hari-vamsa wherein Satyabhama, one of the queens of Krsna in Dvaraka, tells her husband: "My dear Krsna, since I heard Narada glorifying Rukmini before You, I can understand that there is no need of any talking about myself"
- There is no harm in giving "jaya" to Vaisnava, provided they follow the Vaisnava principles. Otherwise, to glorify Vaisnava is not bad
- There Narada addresses King Yudhisthira while the King is appreciating the glories of the character of Prahlada Maharaj. A devotee always appreciates the activities of other devotees
- These devotees were glorified due to their strong devotion to Vasudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Therefore they were very exalted
- To glorify Maharaja Nabhi, the sages composed two verses. One of them is this: "Who can attain the perfection of Maharaja Nabhi? Who can attain his activities? Because of his devotional service, the Supreme Personality of God agreed to become his son."
- We always glorify him after our kirtana, "Haridasa Thakura ki jaya"
- Whatever one desires can be attained simply by hearing, chanting and glorifying the activities of Maharaja Bharata. In this way, one can fulfill all his material and spiritual desires. One does not have to ask anyone else for these things
- When the Pracetas were performing sacrifices according to this direction, Narada Muni was satisfied to see these activities, and he also wanted to glorify Dhruva Maharaja in that sacrificial arena
- Wherever the King visited, he continuously heard the glories of his great forefathers, who were all devotees of the Lord, and also of the glorious acts of Lord Krsna