Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
feast | feasting | feasts
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Love Feast (17 P)
Pages in category "Feast"
The following 33 pages are in this category, out of 33 total.
- I am so glad to learn that you are regularly observing the listed holidays in our Caitanya almanac. The roaring kirtana, offering feast to the Deities with special preparations is our simple mode of celebration
- I beg to acknowledge receipt of your letter recommending new Brahmin initiates. Perform a fire ceremony and have a feast. Sacred threads are enclosed
- I offer my blessings to your new child Manjari devi dasi. Have a feast, perform fire yajna, and Bhagavan may offer her a garland and announce - Our Spiritual Master has given her this nice name
- In some cannibalistic communities, the old grandfather is sportingly killed, and a feast is held in which his body is eaten
- In the evening after ceremony of kirtana is observed, light refreshments like fruit and milk, boiled potatoes may be taken and the next day general feasting and distribution of Prasadam to public may be observed
- On the birthday of Lord Caitanya we have installed the deity Jagannatha (in three) in the temple of the San Francisco Branch & the celebration of feasting was nice last night. People are taking interest in the temple and are attending meetings regularly
- Our movement is for ananda, simply bliss, and the method of pushing this movement is chanting, dancing, feasting and philosophizing
- Our program is the same everywhere, chanting, dancing, and feasting on Krishna prasadam
- Practically, our Krishna Consciousness movement is based on transcendental pleasure. Music, dancing and feasts are the chief items for pleasure, and this pleasure is originally on the transcendental realm
- Pusyabhisheka means a ceremony to decorate the deity profusely with flowers, ornaments, cloths. After there should be lavish feasting and a procession through the streets, so that all the citizens should see how beautiful Krishna appears
- The effects of war or pitched upheavals touch the body only and not the soul, much as the effects of a sumptuous feast touch the hunger of the stomach only and not that of the mind
- The effects of war or pitched upheavals touch the body only and not the soul, much as the effects of a sumptuous feast touch the hunger of the stomach only and not that of the mind. None of these material effects ever touches the eternal living entity
- The list of 108 feast preparations is also approved by me
- The wife of Hlada was named Dhamani. She gave birth to two sons, named Vatapi and Ilvala. When Agastya Muni became Ilvala's guest, Ilvala served him a feast by cooking Vatapi, who was in the shape of a ram
- There must be feasting also, if not weekly then at least occasionally. All our life members and patrons should be invited
- They should never consider leaving or selling that building, but they should stay there as Radha and Krishna are staying, and it is a nice temple as evidence by the fact that over 250 people attended the Sunday feast by your report
- We are holding festivals, feasting, philosophy and salvation-why shall we not spread our influence and overthrow them? Regarding your plan to travel around the world staging such Hare Krsna Festivals-yes, do it, you have my blessings
- We sometimes hold Hare Krsna festivals and invite life members and friends to participate in the feasting by accepting prasada