Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
extravagance | extravagancy | extravagant | extravagantly | extravagance | extravagances
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Careful (14 C, 87 P)
Pages in category "Extravagant"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.
- Although the animal propensities of the body should be minimized, those who are extravagant temporarily overflow in material enjoyment. Nonetheless, as soon as the rainy season of life is over, they become as dry as dry river beds
- As a matter of fact, they (karma-yogis) are pantheist pretenders, trying to cover their extravagancy by falsely labeling it transcendental service to Godhead
- Ballal Sena was taking loans from Gauri Sena and spending money extravagantly, and therefore Gauri Sena stopped supplying money. Ballal Sena took revenge by instigating a social conspiracy to make the suvarna-vaniks outcastes
- Because of the influence of Kali-yuga, there is much rasabhasa in the name of extravagance and liberal-mindedness. Such fanaticism is not very much appreciated by pure devotees
- Bogus Yogis they are cheating the public, but at the same time your countrymen also want to be cheated. They are cheating the public by words of extravagancy, saying that anyone can meditate even he is a drunkard
- He (a young boy in Krsna consciousness) saves his valuable time from being extravagantly spent in the way of smoking, drinking, attending the theater and dancing
- He irresponsibly spent his long lifetime transgressing all the rules and regulations of the holy scripture, living extravagantly and eating food prepared by a prostitute. Therefore he is full of sins. He is unclean and is addicted to forbidden activities
- Nalakuvara and Manigriva were great devotees of Lord Siva, but because of material opulence they became so extravagant and senseless that one day they were enjoying with naked girls in a lake and shamelessly walking here and there
- Nirasih means desireless of extravagance. Now we are desiring for sense gratification more and more. That is not wanted. If you want perfection of life.... This is called tapasya
- No extravagance should be allowed
- The extravagant are practically asleep to introspection, and thus they are unable to derive any permanent value from the assets of the human form of body
- The learned brahmana (Sudama) thus concluded that whatever opulences he had received from the Lord (Krsna) should be used not for his extravagant sense gratification but for the service of the Lord
- The mind dedicated to extravagance is a bad bargain, but one can make the best use of the mind by introspection
- The swans (in the forest of material existence) are the perfect brahmanas, and the monkeys are the extravagant sudras engaged in eating, sleeping, mating and defending
- The unborn Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, knows that many great personalities have fallen from their positions because of extravagant opulence
- The word "api" is used in the sense of possibility, question, doubt, censure, aggregation, appropriate application of things, and extravagance
- This life is meant for not to live extravagantly without any responsibility like cats and dogs. We should be very responsible. Austerity. Little austerity. In the Kali-yuga you cannot undergo severe austerity
- We have to commit violence; that is a natural law. We should not, however, commit violence extravagantly, but only as much as ordered by the Lord
- We should not eat more, nor less. And nirasih. Nirasih means desireless of extravagance. Now we are desiring for sense gratification more and more. That is not wanted