expect | expectant | expectantly | expectation | expectations | expected | expecting | expects
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.
- ► Anticipation (1 C, 10 P)
- ► Cannot Expect (1 C, 50 P)
- ► I Expect (Prabhupada) (40 P)
- ► Krsna's Expectations (10 P)
- ► Not Expected (1 C, 39 P)
- ► Pending (4 P)
Pages in category "Expectation"
The following 186 pages are in this category, out of 186 total.
- Expectation (BG Lectures)
- Expectation (BG)
- Expectation (CC)
- Expectation (Conversation 1977)
- Expectation (Conversations 1968-1974)
- Expectation (Conversations 1975)
- Expectation (Conversations 1976)
- Expectation (Letters 1952 - 1970)
- Expectation (Letters 1971 - 1977)
- Expectation (Other Books)
- Expectation (Other Lectures)
- Expectation (SB cantos 1 - 6)
- Expectation (SB cantos 7 - 12)
- Expectation (SB Lectures)
- A brahmana is called pandita because brahmana means one who knows Brahman. Brahma janatiti brahmanah. Therefore he is called pandita. In India the brahmana is addressed as pandita. Pandita means a brahmana is expected to know Brahman
- A civilized man is expected to give all protection to the bulls and cows
- A civilized man is expected to live on foodstuffs comprising fruits, vegetables, grains, sugar and milk
- A devotee can be recruited from any section of human society, although it is not expected that everyone in all segments of society is well behaved
- A newly married girl naturally expects offspring from her husband, but she cannot expect to have them immediately after marriage
- A person may be a great academician, scholar or professor, but he cannot speculate and expect to understand the Absolute Truth, for his senses are limited
- According to his (Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati's) calculation, practically every one of us is fallen, but because we are trying to serve the Supreme Lord with all seriousness and without duplicity, we can expect the mercy of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Activity in Krsna consciousness, or acting for the benefit of Krsna without expectation of sense gratification, is the highest transcendental quality of work
- After retirement everyone expects to live a very comfortable life in a well-furnished home decorated with fine ladies and children, without any desire to get out of such a comfortable home
- After the yajna was performed by Daksa, all the demigods expected prasada, the remnants of foodstuffs offered to Visnu. Lord Siva is one of the demigods, so naturally he also expected his share of the prasada from the yajna
- Akrura expected blessings from Krsna's hands. He knew that Indra, who is the King of heaven & the master of the three worlds - the upper, middle & lower planetary systems - was blessed by the Lord simply for offering a little water which Krsna accepted
- Akrura was expecting benediction from that supreme hand of Krsna. Krsna’s hand is capable of bestowing benediction upon all kinds of men if they take to Krsna consciousness
- Akrura was thrilled with expectations of seeing the very lotus feet which are worshiped by great demigods like Brahma, Narada and Lord Siva, which traverse the ground of Vrndavana, and which touch the breasts of the gopis, covered with tinges of kunkuma
- All of you are in now double strength, so please do things very enthusiastically and organize the world Sankirtana Party because in India the people are already expecting us next year. Also open as many branches as possible
- All these activities should be performed without any expectation of result. They should be performed as a matter of duty, O son of Prtha. That is My final opinion. BG 18.6 - 1972
- Anyone who defies and therefore disconnects the relationship with the Spiritual Master can hardly expect the assistance of the Spiritual Master life after life
- Arjuna said, "In dramatic performances in the theater, an actor may play the part of a king, but no one expects any benefits from such a make-believe king"
- As a young boy he (Sukadeva Goswami) was expected to be properly dressed, but he went about naked and was uninterested in social customs. He was neglected by the general populace, and inquisitive boys and women surrounded him as if he were a madman
- As Lord Caitanya advised in His Siksastaka, one has to execute devotional service by humbly chanting the Hare Krsna mantra, thinking oneself lower than the straw in the street and not expecting honor for himself but offering all kinds of honor to others
- As soon as Saturday is over and Sunday comes, they again begin their sinful activities, expecting to be forgiven the next Saturday. This kind of prayascitta, or atonement, is condemned by Pariksit Maharaja, the most intelligent king of his time
- As soon as this is done the Lord excuses the sincere devotee. But that does not mean that one should take advantage of the Lord's causeless mercy and expect to be excused over and over again, while he commits the same sinful activities
- Asuras, they are engaged for fruitive result. They are working, but they are expecting that "I shall enjoy the result" So that freedom is given to everyone, that "You can work at your responsibility and enjoy or suffer"
- Bhagavad-gita is for the devotees only. But it so happens that sometimes a devotee of the Lord will hold open class, and in that class not all the students are expected to be devotees
- By giving everything to the cause of the Lord, one does not lose anything, but he gains everything that he could never otherwise expect
- By praying, it is expected that one should have mercy of God. So what is the test that he has got the mercy of God?
- By the supreme will of the Lord, he now had to go to the hellish planets, but because he went there by the order of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he lived there more opulently than one could expect to live in the planets of heaven
- Daksa, being the father of mankind, was performing yajna, and Lord Siva expected his share. But since Siva was not invited, there was trouble. By the mediation of Lord Brahma, however, everything was settled satisfactorily
- Devotees are expected to carry the message or desire of the Lord to such conditioned souls and enlighten them with Krsna consciousness. Thus they may be elevated to transcendental, spiritual life, and the mission of their lives will be successful
- Dhrtarastra could realize two opposing factors acting before him. He could understand that Krsna was there to remove all the unnecessary burdens of the world. His sons were an unnecessary burden, and so he expected that they would be killed
- Do not expect honor, but offer all respect to others. Always chant the holy name of Lord Krsna, and within your mind render service to Radha and Krsna in Vrndavana
- Each expected victory over the other, but the fighting continued for twenty-eight days, both in daytime and at night, without stopping
- Every woman is expected to be as good and chaste as Devahuti or Bhavani. Today in Hindu society, unmarried girls are still taught to worship Lord Siva with the idea that they may get husbands like him
- Everyone is trying to become supreme than the other. So there must be violence. So expecting that there will be violence, the ksatriya class required. Just like in the state, expecting that there will be violence, therefore the police department
- Expecting the mercy of Svarupa, Rupa, Sanatana and Raghunatha dasa, and taking their lotus feet on my head, I, the most fallen Krsnadasa, continue chanting the epic Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, which is sweeter than the nectar of transcendental bliss
- Expecting the return of Durvasa Muni, the King had not taken his food. Therefore, when the sage returned, the King fell at his lotus feet, pleasing him in all respects, and fed him sumptuously
- For one who is always expecting some honor in this material world, it is not possible to surrender to the Supreme Person
- Freed from the modes of material nature, they do not act for sense gratification; rather, since they are situated in their own occupational duties, they act as one is expected to act
- He (Kamsa) patiently waited for the delivery of the child, expecting to kill Him (Krsna), as he had done previously with the other babies of Devaki
- He kept one-fourth of his wealth with a respectable brahmana. He kept this for his personal safety because he was expecting some legal complications
- Here we are preaching Krsna consciousness. Oh, there is no business. We don't expect anything from you. But if you accept it, then our mission is nice. If you don't accept it, so there is no anxiety
- How can I (the Girl) expect to unite with others, who are neither conversant about sex nor capable of knowing how to enjoy life while living or after death? Such foolish persons are like animals because they do not know the process of sense enjoyment
- I am especially concerned that the second initiations not be taken cheaply. Brahmins are expected to rise early in the morning and follow strictly all the devotional practices
- I don't believe in medicine or doctors, but I am practically perceiving that the massaging is helping me beyond expectation
- I have already given you a business suggestion namely manufacturing incense locally. Once you are successful in this attempt you will get money more than your expectation and spend it for Krishna's service
- I may inform you that Srila Prabhupad is expected to be on Calcutta on Wednesday, October 30, 1974 for one day only
- I simply want to engage everyone in the service of Krishna, that's all. And that means preaching. So if the preaching work has stopped, what can I do? In that case you must expect there will be so many troubles
- I will have to attend London festival this year because three times I have attended Rathayatra festival in SF and this time I have been very fervently requested to attend the London Rathayatra festival, where they are expecting 50,000 participants also
- If a man who does not factually possess the attributes of a great personality engages his followers in praising him with the expectation that such attributes will develop in the future, that sort of praise is actually an insult
- If I am a family man, I have got my children, my wife. So they expect something. So they must be given - but twenty-five percent, not all
- If Krsna's enemies can expect salvation simply by concentrating their minds on Him, then what to speak of persons who are so dear to Krsna?
- If man does not allow the animals peaceful coexistence, how can he expect peaceful existence in human society?
- If one is engaged in the advancement of spiritual knowledge, there will be so many insults and much dishonor from others. This is expected because material nature is so constituted
- If one is seated on the bench of a high-court and is giving judgment on cases, it means that he has already passed all legal exams and is better than those who are engaged in the study of law or those expecting to study law in the future
- If the leader is a sinful man and doing all impious activities, then how you can expect the citizens to be all good and pious? It is not possible
- If the leaders do not do everything for the satisfaction of the transcendental senses of Godhead, how can they expect to drag themselves or their followers from the mire of sins committed in the course of discharging prescribed duties?
- If we do not follow even the liberal instructions of Lord Caitanya, how can we expect to discharge our regular duties in devotional service? It is not possible in this age to follow Dhruva Maharaja in his austerity, but the principles must be followed
- If you all leaders cannot work together, then how can you expect the others to cooperate with you?
- If you are my confidential friend, then I can take to my family. And if you are outsider, why should you expect to come into my family life? This is common sense. You do not understand Krsna, and you want to understand Krsna's dealings with Radharani
- In Bhagavad-gita (BG 3.11) it is said that all the demigods are satisfied when one performs yajna. Because the demigods expect prasada from yajnas, yajna must be performed
- In India, after the scorching heat of the summer, the rainy season is very welcome. The clouds accumulating in the sky, covering the sun and the moon, become very pleasing to the people, and they expect rainfall at every moment
- In special cases, of course, there is special favor from Krsna, and although we should always expect that, we should not sit idly and simply wait for Krsna's special mercy; the regular duties must be performed
- In the human form of life, a living entity is expected to be sane and to follow the regulations given for elevating his life to the highest platform, but if he does not follow them, then he degrades himself
- In the land were one cow was being attempted to be killed, immediately Maharaja Pariksit took his sword, "Who are you?" In that land, now ten thousand cows are being killed every day. So you expect peace?
- In this age of Kali, regular license is issued for maintaining all of these different departments of quarrel. So how can they expect peace and morality in the state
- It is known to everyone that one man's food is another man's poison. Human beings are expected to accept the remnants of food offered to Lord Sri Krsna, and the Lord accepts foodstuff from the categories of leaves, flowers, fruits, etc
- It is stated that without money, you cannot get justice even. In the court of justice, everyone is expected to get proper behavior, but in the Kali-yuga it is stated that you cannot get justice without money
- It is understood that one must be very fortunate to hear krsna-katha as seriously as Maharaja Pariksit did. He was especially intent on the subject matter because he was expecting death at any moment
- It is useless to expect a large number of followers. We want only one good follower. If I can get one man to become Krsna conscious, I will consider my mission fulfilled
- It was naturally expected that when Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya fainted and fell to the ground Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would have taken care of him and waited for him to regain consciousness, but He did not do so
- Kalidasa was standing outside the door, expecting the remnants of food from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Knowing this, Mahaprabhu gave an indication to Govinda
- King Pariksit thought: Due to my neglecting the injunctions of the Supreme Lord I must certainly expect some difficulty to overcome me in the near future
- Krishna Conscious devotees are expected to be very intelligent, so we have to work very intelligently to prove our advancement in Krishna Consciousness
- Krsna continued, "His (Satrajit's) daughter Satyabhama is not very eager for this jewel, yet her expected son, as the grandson of Satrajit, would, after performing the regulative principles of inheritance, be the legal claimant of the jewel"
- Krsna continued, "People expected that I would follow in the footsteps of My foster father, Nanda Maharaja, and be faithful to Srimati Radharani and all Her friends in the village of Vrndavana. But all of a sudden I left them"
- Laksmana said, "Expecting opposition from the princes, He armored Himself and took up His bow, named Sarnga, and then our celebrated driver, Daruka, drove the beautiful chariot, without a moment’s delay, toward the city of Dvaraka"
- Lord Siva, being the son-in-law of Daksa, was expected to show his father-in-law respect by standing with the others, but because Lord Brahma and Lord Siva are the principal demigods, their positions are greater than Daksa's
- Lord Visnu continued, "I have been expecting to see you both at this palace. You have appeared in the material world as My incarnations in order to minimize the force of the demoniac persons who burden the world"
- Maharaja Yudhisthira was installed on the throne of the earth as a representative of the Lord. The king is always expected to be the representative of the Lord
- Materialists are generally very attached to their present bodily comforts and to the bodily comforts they expect in the future. Therefore they are always absorbed in thoughts of their wives, children and wealth and are afraid of giving up their bodies
- Maya inflicts the miseries of material life upon the jiva. If a person artificially tries to be something he is not, then he can expect only misery
- Maya means insanity. Another meaning of maya means insanity. Just like when a man becomes insane, that is false. It is expected that he should not be insane. By treatment he is brought again to his original consciousness
- Mayavati knew that she had previously been Rati, the wife of Cupid; after her husband was burned to ashes by the wrath of Lord Siva, she was always expecting him to come back in a material form
- Mr. Harrison is purchasing 172 acres of land near London, and it is expected that he will construct a temple of Radha-Krishna there. This is also very encouraging news
- My Lord, You are always affectionate to Your devotees. I am just an imitation devotee, but nevertheless I wish that You fulfill my desire. That is my expectation
- My sister from Calcutta has addressed me one letter that she has heard by some source that I am coming to Mayapur during the great festival. This means that some of our godbrothers and sisters may be expecting me during the ensuing festival there
- No earthly creature can expect to have things from the heavenly kingdom, especially the parijata flowers, which are simply to be used by the demigods
- No one can expect any peace and prosperity in a human society full of uncultured lower classes of men
- No, the printing of the Gitar Gan cover this fashion is not at all approved by me. You have done most nonsensically. Why change the cover? When people look to see the Bhagavad-gita they expect to see Krishna and Arjuna, not the picture of Krishna with cow
- Now you are working very seriously and sincerely for Krsna, and you have taken great risk and courage to work in far off place on His behalf, so you may expect that He is giving you His all blessings at every turn
- Of all these devotees, the gopis are recognized as superior because they do not know anything other than satisfying Krsna. Nor do the gopis expect any return from Krsna
- Of course, as preachers we have to expect to face so many opposing elements, and actually we are doing so. Moreover, we are always protected by Krsna. But this crazy threat for our destruction should not go unchecked; please do the needful
- One day it will come there will be no water. That you expect, because you are not paying any tax. You are thinking, "Water is coming, my father's property." But you are not father's son at the present moment. You are maya's son
- One is expected to understand these three formulas of knowledge concerning the Supreme Lord - that He is the supreme enjoyer, that He is the proprietor of everything, and that He is the best well-wisher and friend of everyone
- One is sure to get free from the reactions of sins provided one is very careful about not committing sins willingly in expectation of getting free from the reactions of sins by worshiping in the temple or by offering prayers in the church
- One must know God, and one must know what God desires. That is religion. Just like you must know your government, and you must know what government wants, expects from you. If you do that, then you are a good citizen
- One who takes advantage of this transcendental method (chanting the holy name) and continues to commit sins on the expectation of neutralizing the effects of sins by chanting the holy name of the Lord is the greatest offender at the feet of the holy name
- One who thinks himself lower than grass, who is more tolerant than a tree, and who does not expect personal honor but is always prepared to give respect to others can very easily always chant the holy name of the Lord - CC Adi 17.31
- One who thinks himself lower than grass, who is more tolerant than a tree, and who does not expect personal honor but is always prepared to give respect to others can very easily always chant the holy name of the Lord - CC Antya 6.239
- Persons who are chanting the holy name are transcendental to those who are factually performing the Vedic rituals and those who expect to be qualified
- Prema can be defined as love of God without any expectation of exchange or return. Actually the words prema and love are not synonymous, yet one can say that prema is the highest stage of love. One who has attained prema is the most perfect human being
- Savitri pleased the Yamaraja, and Yamaraja, being pleased, said, "My dear girl, you'll have a very good son" - because every girl expects some son. So Yamaraja gave her the benediction that "You will have very nice son"
- Since Sati was the daughter of Daksa, however cruel and contaminated he might be, naturally it was expected that he would receive her very nicely. But here (in SB 4.3.18) it is indicated by the word anavasthita that such a person cannot be trusted
- Society creates animals, then how can it expect peace and prosperity? In spite of many big universities and all educational facilities, this society is producing hippies and frustration amongst the youth because we are spirit soul and cannot become happy
- Some other unconstitutional symptoms are illusion, forgetfulness, and expectation of danger. In all such circumstances the ecstatic dread is the steady or constant factor
- Such an offender (one who continues to commit sins on the expectation of neutralizing the effects of sins by chanting the holy name of the Lord) cannot purify himself by any recommended method of purification
- Thank you for supplying the account for the money which has been sent to you. I am encouraged that you expect to have the everything completed on time. This I want
- That does not mean that after being washed off, one should again begin sinful activities and expect to be washed again. These are nonsensical propositions and are not admitted in the devotional service
- That gift which is given out of duty, at the proper time and place, to a worthy person, and without expectation of return, is considered to be charity in the mode of goodness. BG 17.20 - 1972
- That you are expecting 30,000 people for Jhulana Yatra is wonderful. You should distribute liberally prasadam. Aksayananda Maharaja will supply money. Let each man be given prasadam. That is our special program
- The cataka does not take water from ground. They will take water when it falls from the cloud. So in the beginning of every cloud there is thunder. So this bird, because they expecting water from the cloud, the cloud is giving him thunder
- The common man, who is expected to become at least a third-class devotee, is advised herein to visit the temple of the Lord and bow down before the Deity, even though he may be a very rich man or even a king with a silk turban or crown
- The cowherd boys said, "You (the brahmanas) are the most respectable brahmanas within the human society, and you are expected to know all the principles of religious procedure"
- The damsels of Vrajabhumi would often faint just by expecting such favors
- The daughter of Manu, who was fully devoted to her husband, looked upon him as greater even than providence. Thus she expected great blessings from him
- The devotee expected that the tulasi buds would know something about the glories of Lord Sri Krsna's lotus feet
- The devotee who is neither a neophyte nor a maha-bhagavata but is within the middle status of devotional service is expected to love the S P of Godhead, make friends with the devotees, show favor to the ignorant and reject the jealous and demoniac
- The doormen were aware that they were going to the criminal department of the material world, and they expected that they might go to the lowest species and forget the Supreme Lord
- The example of Dhruva Maharaja indicates that every Krsna conscious person can expect to reach the topmost summit of all three planetary systems within the universe
- The formal processes are necessary for those who are expected to reach the stage of complete liberation, but Sri Sukadeva Gosvami was already in that status by the grace of his father
- The gopis said, "Although the father and mother are expected to protect the children, there are many children who are suffering for want of food and shelter. There are many good physicians, but when a patient dies, no physician can revive him"
- The household children are taken to practice what the parents practice, and therefore the whole generation glides towards hell. Nothing good can be expected from them unless they associate with sadhus
- The jnanis, yogis and karmis cannot expect this direct cooperation of the Lord. They are not able to satisfy the Lord by transcendental loving service, nor do they believe in such service to the Lord
- The ksatriya kings were sometimes expected to cut off the head of a culprit in the state. For this reason the ksatriyas were allowed to hunt in the forest
- The ksatriyas, or the administrative class of men, are expected to rule the planet by the direction of the intelligent class of men, who give direction to the rulers in terms of the standard sastras, or the books of revealed knowledge
- The Lord did not display many of the miracles which are generally expected from such personalities, but He did once perform a wonderful miracle in the house of Srinivasa Thakura while sankirtana was in full swing
- The modern civilization, they are so rascals, they are expecting something utopian, that by material advancement of civilization they will be happy
- The mother always expects some sort of service from the grown-up child and is equally affectionate toward her child, even though the child is forgetful
- The post of Brahma to officiate in the creation of the universe is offered to the most pure living being, and unless one is so qualified one cannot expect to be treated like Brahmaji directly
- The sages said: Who are these two persons who have developed such a discordant mentality even though they are posted in the service of the Lord in the highest position and are expected to have developed the same qualities as the Lord?
- The Sanskrit word for son, putra means that the son is expected to deliver the forefathers from the hellish condition of life. Sometimes due to our sinful activities, we become ghost. That is very hellish condition
- The twice-born men, namely the brahmanas, ksatriyas and vaisyas, are expected to undergo a cultural purificatory process known as samskaras
- The whole trouble of the world is that nobody is satisfied. If he's a poor man, if he thinks, "Oh, my income is $100. If I get $400 per month, then I will be very happy." But when he gets $400, he expects, "Oh, if I get $1,000, then I shall be happy"
- The whole world is disturbed. Why? Because it is full of these sinful men: drunkards, woman hunters, gamblers, and intoxicants. The whole world. And they are expecting peace. Nonsense. Where is peace? First of all educate them to become sinless
- The wife is expected to be of the same category as the husband. She must be prepared to follow the principles of the husband, and then there will be happy life. If the husband is a devotee & the wife is materialistic there cannot be any peace in the home
- The wives of the brahmanas said, "Anyone who comes and surrenders unto You never goes back to the conditioned life of material existence. We expect that You will now fulfill Your promise"
- The word bhrsam is significant herein (SB 3.14.51) because it indicates that Diti was pleased beyond her expectations
- The word purusa is significant in this verse (SB 3.6.31) because the ksatriyas are expected to represent the purusa Lord in giving protection to the prajas, or all those who are born in the land and water. Protection is meant for both man and the animals
- The yogi of My mind is wearing that earring upon his ear. From a gourd he has carved out the bowl of My aspirations, and he has taken the bag of My expectations on his shoulder
- There is no need of replying Parvat Maharaja's letter. He did not reply my letter & why he would expect a reply from you. Do your duty nicely & go Back to Godhead
- They are expecting to complete the temple for the opening ceremony by three months time
- This (to be rewarded by her husband) is not to be expected by a woman who is the wife of an ordinary person
- This does not mean that one should avoid school and expect to automatically receive an honorary degree from some university
- This is Vedic civilization. Everything is provided to enlighten the people in general. All the knowledge is there, and the method is there; we simply have to take advantage of it. If we do not, how can we expect a peaceful and happy world?
- This knowledge is far, far superior to all other processes of knowledge thus far explained, and knowing this many attained perfection. Thus it is expected that one who understands this Fourteenth Chapter will attain perfection
- This Sankirtana Movement of Lord Caitanya is most practical and authorized, so such incidents (demonstrations) are to be expected, but this is a great credit for our propaganda efforts
- This verse of Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 3.15.46) describes persons who are expected to be very expert yogis engaged in meditation but who do not find the Supreme Personality of Godhead seated within the heart
- Those who are born in families of brahmanas but have not yet undergone the reformatory processes and who therefore expect to study the Vedic rituals and perform the sacrifices in the future
- Those who are interested in the fruits of activities generally expect protection from the demigods, but a devotee of Krsna does not look to any demigod for protection. He is fully convinced that Krsna will protect him from all unfavorable circumstances
- Those who are sinful in every step of life can expect only to be degraded into animal life to suffer more and more the pangs of material existence, and this is also stated in Bhagavad-gita
- Time was growing short. Kalayavana was already besieging Mathura from all sides, and it was expected that the day after next, Jarasandha would also come, equipped with the same number of divisions of soldiers as in his previous seventeen attempts
- Today we are holding our annual Ratha Yatra festival in San Francisco, They are expecting 25,000 people to participate. There are three raths each 45 feet high and weighing 10 tons. Mass prasadam will be distributed
- Two paksas comprise one month, and twelve months comprise one calendar year, or one full orbit of the sun. A human being is expected to live up to one hundred years
- We are expecting many engagements from different persons, and it appears that people are interested in the Krishna Consciousness Movement
- We had a very nice meeting in the California State College it was grand successful. They are going to arrange again like that in Berkeley college where they are expecting three thousand audience
- We must learn how to do all kinds of varieties of engagements on Krsna's service, not that we shall expect anyone else to act for us and thus avoid something ourselves
- We should not be afraid. Because this place is dangerous, we should expect always danger. But if we are faithful to Krsna, if we simply, I mean to say, expect help from Krsna, then Krsna will save you. These are the examples by the fight of Mahabharata
- We were saved by Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Road. We shall always expect to be saved by His Divine Grace Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Goswami Maharaj Prabhupada. Always pray to His Lotus Feet
- When a husband long separated from his wife returns home, he decorates the face of his wife with red kunkuma. This long-expected moonrise of the sarat season was thus smearing the eastern sky
- When a man sees only frustration in his expectations, he thinks, "Why am I here?" Everyone is interested in himself and his own welfare. No one is interested in the Supreme Self
- When he (a materialistic person) is expecting some retaliation from an enemy, he is in a state of fear, and when he cannot successfully execute something he becomes dejected
- When trembling occurs in these parts of the body (left eyelid, arm and thigh), it is an auspicious sign indicating that something lucrative can be expected
- Where there are women and meat, there must be liquor and sex indulgence. When these are prominent in society, by God's grace one can expect a change in the social order by the Lord Himself or by His bona fide representative
- Why you are expecting that some day will come when science will be perfect? Throughout the whole history of the human society, never it has been possible that one can give life. There is no such instance in the history
- Without expectation of sense gratification
- You are expecting to see me, but I also expected to see the London Rathayatra, but you made no arrangement so what can I do?
- You have insulted Haridasa Thakura. Thus there will be a dangerous position for you. You should not expect anything auspicious
- You should always expect that as soon as you become a devotee, the whole world becomes your enemy. That's all. But you have to deal with them, because you are appointed servants of God. Your mission is to enlighten them
- You write to say that you are expecting 50,000 people to participate in the festival this year. That is very encouraging. So all of you work very fervently to make the festival a grand success and Krishna will surely bless each and every one of you
- Your plan for holding marriages in the theater, and on the theater roof will be acceptable. What will be the expected income?