Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
eatable | eatables | edible | edibles
Pages in category "Eatables"
The following 58 pages are in this category, out of 58 total.
- After offering good eatables to the Lord, the devotee takes the remnants, called prasadam. Thus everything becomes spiritualized, and there is no danger of a downfall
- All animals like deer, camel, ass, monkey, even flies and snakes, none should be ill treated. Even they enter into the house or in the fields and take their eatables, they should not be stopped. Because they have also got the right to eat
- All the devotees kept their hands raised over the prasadam distributed to them, for they did not want to eat without seeing the Lord eat first
- All the eatables were first cooked by the wife of Advaita Acarya. Then Srila Advaita Acarya personally offered everything to Lord Visnu
- All the varieties of the remaining prasadam were kept to eat throughout the year. When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ate His lunch, Svarupa Damodara Gosvami would serve it little by little
- As usual for small children, He learned to play, and with His playmates He went to the houses of neighboring friends, stealing their eatables and eating them. Sometimes the children fought among themselves
- Brahmanas, they would simply advise about health and the future, so that is their profession and people give them eatables, cloth, so they have nothing to do for working outside
- By his (Aniruddha's) bedside sitting place were other paraphernalia for residential purposes - nice drinks such as milk & sherbet and nice eatables which could be chewed or swallowed. Above all, she pleased him with sweet words and very obliging service
- I could not mention the names of all these wonderful eatables, even in a lifetime. Damayanti made hundreds and thousands of varieties
- If the hands, legs, eyes, nose and so on do not endeavor to provide food for the stomach, but themselves try to enjoy the eatables collected by them, then there will be a maladjustment of the whole body
- In this age so many factories for the manufacture of fertilizers have been opened, but when the Personality of Godhead is pleased by the performance of yajnas, the hills automatically produce fertilizing chemicals, which help produce edibles in the fields
- In this village a person can beg food from others and thus eat. Some people drink only milk, but if a person does not ask anyone for food, I supply him all his eatables
- Indeed, He said, "Although I am invited to eat by Advaita Acarya, today also is a fast. So small a quantity of food will not fill even half My belly"
- Krsna consciousness is such a transcendentally nice thing that automatically material enjoyment becomes distasteful. It is as if a hungry man had satisfied his hunger by a sufficient quantity of nutritious eatables
- Krsna is the Supersoul of all living creatures, so He could understand the mind of Satya. He was also very much pleased with the respectful worship of the King in offering Him a sitting place, eatables, a residence and so on
- Krsna was pleased with Kaliya & his wives. Immediately after hearing His order, the snake and his wives began to worship Him with great offerings of nice garments, flowers, garlands, jewels, ornaments, sandal pulp, lotus flowers and nice eatable fruits
- Krsna, "My dear friend (Sudama), what have you brought for Me? Has your wife given you some nice eatable for Me?” While addressing His friend, Lord Krsna looked upon him and smiled with great love"
- Not recognizing his master, Jambavan challenged Him (Krsna) to fight. There was then a great fight between Krsna and Jambavan, in which they fought like two opposing vultures. Whenever there is an eatable corpse the vultures fight heartily over the prey
- Now I can see that it is a miracle. Otherwise, your city of New York, one single old man, with only a few books to sell for barely getting eatables, how he can survive, what to speak of introducing God-consciousness movement for saving the humankind?
- One is authoritatively advised not to accept meat or similar uneatable things nor to allow the tongue to hanker to drink or smoke. Even the drinking of tea and coffee is not permitted
- Ordinary edibles are touchable and untouchable, but there are no such dualistic considerations where prasadam is concerned
- Other preparations included a very delicious churned curd and a variety of sandesa sweetmeats. Indeed, all the various eatables available in Bengal and Orissa were prepared
- Our eating process is more decent than the animals. We have got nice kitchen. We can prepare varieties of foodstuff by mixing so many eatables. Because we have got intelligence, we can do
- Raghava Pandita delivered the bags of eatables to Govinda, who kept them in a corner of the dining room
- Raghunatha dasa brought chipped rice, yogurt, milk, sweetmeats, sugar, bananas and other eatables and placed them all around
- Raghunatha dasa immediately sent his own men to the village to purchase all kinds of eatables and bring them back
- Seeing the crowd increasing, Raghunatha dasa arranged to get more eatables from other villages. He also brought two to four hundred large, round earthen pots
- She (Kubja) dressed herself with nice garments, valuable jewelry, ornaments and flower garlands. After chewing betel nut and other intoxicating eatables and spraying herself with scents, she appeared before Krsna
- The creation of the human beings, who are of one species only and who stock their eatables in the belly, is the ninth in the rotation
- The five ingredients for Deity worship are (1) very good scents, (2) very good flowers, (3) incense, (4) a lamp and (5) something edible
- The Lord also relishes giving to the Vaisnava's mouth all eatables offered to Him. It is clear from this verse that the Lord eats through the sacrificial fire and the brahmana's mouth
- The Lord had been fasting for three days, and after that period He took eatables sumptuously. Thus when He danced and jumped high, He became a little fatigued
- The supreme abode of Lord Krsna, known as Goloka Vrndavana, is full of palaces made of touchstone. There are also trees, called "desire trees," that supply any type of eatable upon demand
- There are some types of living entities in the form of human beings whose living conditions and eatables are most abominable. Generally they eat flesh and fermented blood
- This body is a transformation of dirt, and the eatables are also a transformation of dirt. Please reflect upon this. You are blaming Me without consideration. What can I say?
- Thus countless presentations of gold, silver, garments, scented articles and eatables arrived. The store of Gopala increased daily
- Thus Vaninatha Raya returned with large quantities of Lord Jagannatha's food remnants, including cakes and other good eatables. Gopinatha Acarya also returned after cleansing all the residential quarters
- To everyone who came to see the Lord from villages nearby, especially from Navadvipa, Advaita Acarya gave residential quarters, as well as all kinds of eatables, for many days. Indeed, He properly adjusted everything
- To make food antiseptic, eatable and palatable for all persons, one should offer food to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- To stop this attraction of the tongue, one is authoritatively advised not to accept meat or similar uneatable things nor to allow the tongue to hanker to drink or smoke. Even the drinking of tea and coffee is not permitted
- Too much sense gratification means creating disease. For example, some nice eatable. But if you, because it is very nice rasagulla, therefore I shall devour one dozen, that's not very good. That will create indigestion immediately
- We should also learn that Krsna has given us this belly, so He has provided also the eatables. That is real philosophy. It is not recommended that you get more than what you require
- When a man eats and the animal eats, either it is done by instinct or by intelligence, but where is the difference?
- When he offers Krsna food, Krsna directly accepts these eatables, and the devotee becomes Krsna-ized by eating the remnants. One who does not engage in such service cannot understand how this is so
- When Sita Thakurani came to the house of Sacidevi, bringing with her many kinds of eatables, dresses and other gifts
- Whenever the friends ate, he (Madhumangala) would eat more than all others, especially laddus, of which he was very fond
- Whereas an impersonalist tries to avoid good eatables, a devotee knows that Krsna is the supreme enjoyer and that He eats all that is offered to Him in devotion