Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
distinct | distincion | distincition | distinction | distinctions | distinctness
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Distinction"
The following 78 pages are in this category, out of 78 total.
- All these differences are technically called svajatiya-vijatiya (For an ordinary living being there are many distinctions)
- Although Brahman, Paramatma and Bhagavan are the same and one absolute truth, still devotees like Kamsa or Sisupala could attain only to the Brahman effulgence. They could not have realization of Paramatma or Bhagavan. That is the distinction
- Although the sunshine and the sun globe are actually one and the same, still there is a distinction, for one is the energy and one is the energetic source
- Although they were exploiting. But nobody could understand. Everyone was feeling happy. And as soon as they left, everyone is unhappy. That distinction I can give evidence, I can, from my personal experience. Things were very, very nice
- As long as one is in material, conditioned life, strict discipline is required in the matter of moral and immoral activities. The absolute world is transcendental and free from such distinctions because there inebriety is not possible
- As we have got distinction between the body and the soul, Krsna has no such distinction. Krsna is completely soul. And if we think that Krsna is like us, that is forbidden
- Devotees take a transcendental interest in hearing of them (Krsna's activities). The pure devotee does not make the distinction that some activities of the Lord should be heard and others avoided
- Don't think that if one is engaged in the Deity worship and if one is engaged in the gardening work there is distinction
- Don't you see that two men, they are working day and night, very hard. One man has become all of a sudden millionaire, and another man, he has no employment. Why? Why this distinction?
- Either girl or boy devotees may deliver lecture if they choose to do. We have no such distinction of bodily designations, male or female. Krishna Consciousness is on the spiritual platform
- Electric energy sometimes working for cooling, sometimes working for heating. But to the engineer of electric energy, who is generating, for him there is no such distinction. But those who are using it, they are thinking it is hot, it is cool
- Everything is given by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and therefore everything is spiritual, but those who are not advanced in proper knowledge make distinctions because of the interactions of the three modes of material nature
- Father will be sorry even the intelligent boy is killed or the dull boy is killed. For father, there is no such distinction. Similarly, you cannot kill animals without being sanctioned. That sanction is in the sacrifice
- For an ordinary living being there are many distinctions. An ordinary living being is different from his body, and he is different from other species of living entities
- For God, every energy is His energy. Therefore He has no distinction what is spirit and what is matter. But for me, because I am in marginal energy, I have to make distinction that "This is spirit; this is matter."
- I have got little taste of krsna-bhakti. So I have no distinction that "This is Indian. This is American. This is African." Everyone, I am giving this hari-nama. This is sarva-bhuta-hite ratah, no distinction
- If every, every part of the creation belongs to Krsna, you cannot practically distinguish, "This portion is spiritual, this portion is material." That distinction is due to our forgetfulness
- If one embraces others in a false sense of altruism, one can get only a temporary benefit for himself in the shape of some profit, adoration, or distinction
- In order to make progress towards the end of spiritual realization, we must make distinction, but the aim should be one
- In the advanced stage of Krsna consciousness, one makes no such distinctions. He sees only Krsna in everything
- In the First Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam it is said that the absolute truth is one, and He is manifested as impersonal Brahman, Paramatma (supersoul), and Bhagavan (the Supreme Personality of Godhead). Here is a spiritual distinction
- In the transcendental loving service of the Lord, it doesn't matter whether we are working, cooking, painting, writing, chanting, or whatever, they are all the same. There are no such distinctions of higher and lower on the transcendental platform
- Indo-American Cultural Society, they gave me the subject matter: "East and West." So I talked, "We don't find any such distinction, 'East and West,' when we come to the spiritual platform. This is all material platform"
- It is a misconception that the Lord acts with someone in relationship of friend and with someone else in the relationship of enemy. His being an enemy or friend is always on the absolute platform. There is no material distinction
- It is not possible to make classless society because every living entity is being controlled by a different quality. So the qualitative distinction must be there. You cannot make them classless. It is all imagination
- It is open for all, without any distinction, and it is the constitutional occupation of the living entities
- Krishna Consciousness is so nice that anyone who has a little taste of it must feel a distinction between his past and present life
- Krsna says that "I am also ksetrajna." Ksetra-jnam capi mam viddhi sarva-ksetresu bharata: "But the distinction is that the individual soul is situated in that particular body, but I am situated in every body, all-pervading."
- Since I am in the renounced order, My duty is to make no distinctions and be equipoised. My knowledge must be equally disposed toward sandalwood pulp and dirty mud
- Since Krsna is the Absolute Truth, there are no mundane distinctions such as moral and immoral. Whatever He does is good. This is the real meaning of “God is good.” He is good in all circumstances
- So far we are concerned, we have no such distinction, "East and West." We know that everyone is human being
- So just last evening one boy was criticizing Krsna that "Why Krsna makes this distinction stri-sudra-vaisya as papa-yoni?" So this is Godlessness, that we dare to criticize Krsna. We should not criticize Krsna
- The cult of Krsna consciousness, based on the nine principles of devotional service will never be stopped. It will go on without distinction of caste, creed, color or country. No one can check it
- The distinction between an animal and a man is that the animal cannot control himself and has no sense of decency, whereas the human being has the sense of decency and can control himself
- The distinction is that the nitya-siddhas are eternally Krsna conscious without any forgetfulness, whereas the nitya-baddhas, or eternally conditioned souls, are forgetful of their relationship with Krsna
- The distinction of human life and animal life is that a man is searching after God; an animal cannot search after God. That is the difference. Therefore a man without that urge for searching after God is no better than animal
- The father and son there is no distinction. Just like in Bible sometimes it is said the son of God and God is one. That's a fact, because son is expansion of the body of the father
- The outward dress is made of matter by material nature to attract the opposite sex and thus keep one entangled in material existence. A liberated soul is above this perverted distinction
- The spirit soul is equal in either a man or woman. One who is actually engaged in the service of Krishna, there is no such distinction as man or woman
- The spiritual knowledge acquired by the sannyasis and the eightfold perfections achieved by the mystics are all within easy reach of the transcendentalist. Therefore, the transcendentalist does not desire to achieve any profit, adoration, or distinction
- The transcendentalist does not desire to achieve any profit, adoration, or distinction. He desires no gain whatever, except to be engaged in the transcendental service of Godhead - because simply by such service, he gains all
- There are demons and devotees in this material world, but in the spiritual world there is no such distinction
- There are no distinctions permitting only a man or only a brahmana to offer devotional service to the Lord. Everyone can do so
- There are no such distinctions of higher and lower on the transcendental platform. The important thing is that we are engaging our time and energy in the service of the Lord
- There is a distinction in the manner a neophyte and an advanced devotee appreciate the Lord's presence in the temple. A neophyte considers the arca-vigraha (the statue of the Lord) to be different from the original Personality of Godhead
- There must be distinction, some higher class, some middle class, some lower class. Even in European countries, there are, in America there are, so are in India. So it is not very astonishing
- They (four kumaras) are very amiable and gentle in behavior, and for them there is no distinction between friends, well-wishers and enemies
- They (The impersonalists) think, "Both the Supreme Lord and the individual soul enter into the various bodies; so where is the distinction? Why should individual souls worship the Paramatma, or Supersoul"
- They are chanting, dancing, taking to Krsna consciousness. Of course, because superficially, bodily, there is some distinction, so we keep women separately from men, that's all. Otherwise, the rights are the same
- This inequality, discrimination between man and animal is due to lack of Krsna consciousness. When one becomes actually Krsna conscious, he does not make such distinction that a man should be given protection and the animal should be killed
- Those who are in Krishna Consciousness, they are not afraid of anything. Either they are in hell, or heaven, for them, they are all equal. They do not make any distinction
- We accept as blessings different states of higher life, distinguishing them from lower states of life, but we should know that such distinctions exist only in relation to the interchange of the modes of material nature
- We don't hate hippies. We have nothing... But these people misunderstand. That is... That is another thing. We welcome everyone. We have no such distinction
- We don't make any distinction that a man can be better Krsna consciousness than woman
- We limited living entities have to use a particular part of the body for a particular purpose, but there is no such distinction for Krsna
- We want that the mass shall support us, but we want that the class shall preach for us, that is the distinction. Is it clear?
- What is the distinction between this singular number, nitya, and the plural number, nityas? The distinction is that that singular number, nitya, is maintaining this plural number, nityas. Eko bahunam yo vidadhati kaman. That is the distinction
- What is the distinction of this dead body and the living body? So according to Vedic instruction, according to Krsna's instruction, the body is always dead. But so long the soul is there, it appears to be living
- When the living entities are in Krsna consciousness, there is no such distinction as "I" and "you" because everyone is engaged in the service of the Lord. Since the Lord is absolute, the services are also absolute
- When we actually come to this understanding of being eternally related to the Supreme Lord, this distinction, which is based on the bodily concept of life, cannot exist
- You cannot expect all men to understand what is religion and what is not religion, general mass of people. So what is the position of a person or any being who does not know to make distinction what is dharma and adharma?
- Yudhisthira said, "Material distinctions - 'This is me,' 'This is you,' 'This is mine,' 'This is yours' - are all conspicuous by dint of their absence in You (Krsna)"
- Yudhisthira said, "Such material distinctions are visible in the lives of everyone, even the animals, but pure devotees are freed from these false distinctions. Since these distinctions are absent in Your devotees, they cannot possibly be present in You"