Devotion to Krsna
"devotion to krsna"|"devotion unto krsna"|"devotion to lord krsna"|"devotion to lord sri krsna"|"devotion to sri krsna"|"devotion to krishna"|"devotion to lord krishna"|"devotion for krsna"|"devotion to Me"|"Krsna with full knowledge and devotion"|"devoted to Krsna"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
- ► Pure Devotion for Krsna (1 C, 13 P)
Pages in category "Devotion to Krsna"
The following 150 pages are in this category, out of 150 total.
- A base fool thinks that devotion to Lord Krsna is merely a mundane psychological state of mind
- A devotee's transcendental love for Krsna is increased, and his combined feelings are called reverential devotion
- A person who is always thinking of Krsna in devotion is the topmost of all yogis
- A person who tries to understand Krsna with full knowledge and devotion by following in the footsteps of previous acaryas conversant with scientific knowledge of the Supreme Lord is praiseworthy
- According to the will of the Pandavas, obeying them like a servant and offering obeisances like one younger in years. When he heard this, Maharaja Pariksit became overwhelmed with devotion to the lotus feet of the Lord
- Actually a mukta, or liberated soul, is he who understands his constitutional position as an eternal servant of the Lord. Such liberated souls engage with faith and devotion in the service of the Lord, and they are called krsna-bhaktas
- After attaining Me (Krsna), the great souls, who are yogis in devotion, never return to this temporary world, which is full of miseries, because they have attained the highest perfection
- After attainment of one or two of the eightfold perfections, many mystics fall into the trap of mental oscillation. In such a state, the mystic fails to attain to the highest perfection, namely, pure devotion to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Akrura thought, "He (Krsna) will be pleased with my devotional attitude, and maybe He will smile lovingly and look upon me and thereby free me from all kinds of sinful reactions. I shall then be on the platform of transcendental bliss and knowledge"
- All of us have attained devotion to Krsna due to Raghunandana. Therefore in my mind he is my father
- All the members of the Yadu dynasty were very opulent, happy and prosperous, and they had no anxieties. Because of their implicit faith in and devotion to Lord Krsna, they were never defeated by any other kings
- All the princes who saw Lord Krsna forgot all their past tribulations. With folded hands and with great devotion, they offered prayers to Lord Krsna, as follows
- All these wives (of the brahmanas) were very much devoted to Lord Krsna in spontaneous love, and as soon as they heard the request of the cowherd boys and understood that Krsna wanted some food, they immediately left the place of sacrifice
- Although Aghasura's purpose was to kill Krsna, for a moment Aghasura thought of Krsna with devotion, and Krsna and His associates wanted to sport within Aghasura's mouth
- Although Narada Muni wanders in the three worlds, he has exalted devotion for Narayana
- Always chanting My glories, endeavoring with great determination, bowing down before Me, these great souls perpetually worship Me with devotion. BG 9.14 - 1972
- Any person who hears with faith and devotion about how Krsna, the SP of Godhead, killed Putana, and who thus invests his hearing in such childhood pastimes of Krsna, certainly attains attachment for Govinda, the supreme, original person - SB 10.6.44
- Arjuna said: O Krsna, first of all You ask me to renounce work, and then again You recommend work with devotion. Now will You kindly tell me definitely which of the two is more beneficial? BG 5.1 - 1972
- Arjuna's constant remembrance of the lotus feet of Lord Sri Krsna rapidly increased his devotion, and as a result all the trash in his thoughts subsided
- As Krsna states in Bhagavad-gita: To those who are constantly devoted and worship Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me
- As the Lord (Krsna) Himself confirms in Bhagavad-gita (BG 9.29): "I envy no one, nor am I partial to anyone. I am equal to all. But whoever renders service unto Me in devotion is a friend, is in Me, and I am also a friend to him"
- As the Lord says in the Bhagavad-gita (BG 9.26), a leaf, a flower, a fruit or some water (patram puspam phalam toyam), when offered with devotion, very much pleases Him. He universally accepts the services of His devotees
- As through devotion to the Lord one can attain His abode, many have attained that goal by abandoning their sinful activities and absorbing their minds in the Lord through lust, envy, fear or affection
- Bali said, "Some of us are actually pure devotees, and some of us have taken shelter of Your (Krsna's) lotus feet because we desire to gain something from devotion"
- Because the ekadandi-sannyasis of the Mayavada school are not devoted to the service of Krsna, they try to merge into the Brahman effulgence, which is a marginal position between material and spiritual existence
- Being captivated by the beautiful features of Krsna & Balarama, Their talking, Their smiling, Their glancing & Their other activities, the hunchbacked woman began to smear all the pulp of sandalwood over Their bodies with great satisfaction and devotion
- BG (10.10): "To those who are constantly devoted and worship Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me." Krsna does not become the direct spiritual master unless one is fully trained by His representative spiritual master
- BG 10.10: "To those who are constantly devoted and worship Me (Krsna) with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me." This is the stage of becoming free from the contamination of the material world
- Bhaktyaham ekaya grahyah. Without devotion, one cannot think of Krsna; and, conversely, whenever one thinks of Krsna, one undoubtedly has devotion
- Bilvamangala Thakur stated: "If I have unflinching devotion to the lotus feet of Krsna, then Mother Liberation is always engaged in my service. The complete perfection of material enjoyment, religion and economic development is at my command."
- Brahma said, "Nondevotees are cheated because they consider You to be a material creation. Actually, You have assumed this body, exactly resembling an ordinary cowherd boy, simply to increase the devotion and transcendental bliss of Your devotees"
- But those who worship Me with devotion, meditating on My transcendental form-to them I carry what they lack and preserve what they have. BG 9.22 - 1972
- By minimizing bodily necessities, one can primarily devote his time to the cultivation of Krsna consciousness through the chanting of the holy names of God. Pure devotional service means engaging all the senses of the body in the service of the Lord
- Caitanya is Lord Krsna Himself in His devotional attitude, descended on earth to bestow special favors upon the fallen souls of this age of Kali. There are two verses particularly suitable to offer as prayers to this Mahapurusa feature of Lord Krsna
- Constantly, if we worship, then Krsna's form is always impressed - I can see Krsna any time. If I close my eyes, I will see Krsna, how Krsna is nicely dressed. I see Krsna is very pleasingly eating what I have prepared with devotion, bhaktya
- Devotees sometimes pray, "Let us offer our respectful obeisances unto the vayasyas of Krsna, who are firmly convinced of Krsna's friendship and protection and whose devotion to Krsna is ever-fixed"
- Devotees who follow these imperishable religious principles of Krsna consciousness with great faith and devotion, fully accepting Me as the supreme goal, are very, very dear to Me
- Devotion to Godhead was his (Gandhi's) ultimate aim and when I say that his sacred memory should be perpetuated not in the ordinary way but in the Gandhian way, I mean that fitting respect to his memory will be done in the following manner
- Devotion to Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja, is the essence of all knowledge, and wherever such knowledge is manifested is called Mathura. Also, when one establishes bhakti-yoga, excluding all other methods, one's situation is called Mathura
- Going to take their (members of yadu dynasty) baths in the place of pilgrimage at Kuruksetra, in observing the regulative principles during the solar eclipse, or in feeding the brahmanas in all their activities they simply thought of devotion to Krsna
- Good intelligence means going back home, back to Godhead. This is confirmed in Bhagavad-gita (BG 10.10): "To those who are constantly devoted and worship Me (Krsna) with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me."
- He (Srila Sukadeva Gosvami) tries to impress upon us that instead of diverting our attention to several branches of self-realization, we should concentrate upon the Supreme Personality of Godhead as the supreme object of realization, worship and devotion
- He also heard how he himself had been protected by the Lord from the powerful heat of the weapon of Asvatthama. People also mentioned the great affection between the descendants of Vrsni and Prtha due to the latter's great devotion to Lord Kesava
- He too prays for attachment and devotion to the lotus feet of Lord Krsna, as the words from his own mouth give evidence
- Hearing Mukunda dasa give this proper decision, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu confirmed it, saying, "Yes, it is correct. One who awakens devotion to Krsna is certainly the spiritual master"
- Hearing these quotations from the revealed scripture Srimad-Bhagavatam, Jhadu Thakura replied, "Yes, this is true, for it is the version of sastra. It is true, however, for one who is genuinely advanced in devotion to Krsna"
- I envy no one, nor am I partial to anyone. I am equal to all. But whoever renders service unto Me in devotion is a friend, is in Me, and I am also a friend to him. BG 9.29 - 1972
- I shall cross over the insurmountable ocean of nescience by being firmly fixed in the service of the lotus feet of Krsna. This was approved by the previous acaryas, who were fixed in firm devotion to the Lord, Paramatma, the S P of Godhead
- If a devotee is continuously in love with Lord Krsna and his mind is always fixed upon Him, that devotional attitude will prove to be the only means of attracting the attention of the Lord
- If Putana attained the greatest achievement, what then is to be said of those who had natural devotion for Krsna as mothers and who offered Him their breasts to suck or offered something very dear, as a mother offers something to a child - SB 10.6.35-36
- If someone sows a tulasi tree somewhere, certainly he becomes devoted to Lord Krsna. And when the tulasi leaves are offered in devotion at the lotus feet of Krsna, there is the full development of love of Godhead
- If we have got unflinching faith and devotion to the lotus feet of Krsna, then we can automatically become niskincana, liberated, developed in economic condition. That is not important thing for a devotee. They come automatically
- If you offer Krsna little things... Krsna is not hungry; Krsna is providing food for everyone. Eko yo bahunam vidadhati kaman. But Krsna wants your love, your devotion. Therefore He is begging little patram puspam phalam toyam
- If you want to know Krsna in truth, then you have to take this devotional line. Then gradually Krsna will be attracted by your devotion, and then you will know Krsna and you'll be allowed to enter into Krsna's place
- In a big sacrificial ceremony there may be many things accumulated to satisfy the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but if there is no devotion, attachment or love for the Lord, the arrangement is useless
- In answer to Arjuna's question, Krsna clearly says that he who concentrates upon His personal form and who worships Him with faith and devotion is to be considered most perfect in yoga. BG 1972 purports
- In Bhagavad-gita (BG 6.1) it is also stated, anasritah karma-phalam karyam karma karoti yah, sa sannyasi ca yogi ca: one who works devotedly for the satisfaction of Krsna is a sannyasi. The dress is not sannyasa, but the attitude of service to Krsna is
- In Bhagavad-gita Krsna began His teachings by distinguishing the soul from matter and in the Eighteenth Chapter concluded at the point where the soul surrenders to Him in devotion
- In Bhagavad-gita the Supreme Lord says that He accepts preparations of vegetables, flour and milk when offered with devotion. Patram puspam phalam toyam. BG 1972 purports
- In connection with the glorification of the month of Kartika, devotees pray: Dear Lord, During Your childhood pastimes You liberated two sons of Kuvera & made them great devotees. I wish that instead of giving me liberation You may award me such devotion
- In his Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu (1.1.11), Srila Rupa Gosvami says: This is the platform of pure devotional service. One should not be motivated by fruitive activity or mental speculation but should simply serve Krsna favorably. That is first-class devotion
- In the Bhagavad-gita Krsna begins His teachings by distinguishing the soul from matter, and in the Eighteenth Chapter He concludes at the point where the soul surrenders to Him in devotion - CC Intro
- In the case of Aghasura, one may argue that he was not a devotee. The answer to this is that he thought of Krsna for a moment with devotion
- It is not the question of the place, but it is the person who chants which is important. A sincere soul like you, so much devoted to Spiritual Master and Krsna is sure to be successful anywhere. So you adopt the same principle as we are doing here
- It is said of Krsna's devotees that if they offer even a little water or a tulasi leaf in devotion to Lord Visnu, Lord Visnu is so kind that He will sell Himself to them
- It is said that Krsna is so much pleased by such devotional service (of offering small flower, fruit or leaf and a little water to Krsna with devotion) that He offers Himself to His devotee in exchange for it
- Krsna clearly says that he who concentrates upon His personal form and who worships Him with faith and devotion is to be considered most perfect in yoga. BG 1972 purports
- Krsna confirms in BG 9.14: Always chanting My glories, endeavoring with great determination, bowing down before Me, these great souls perpetually worship Me with devotion. These are the symptoms of a mahatma engaged in the Lord’s service in full KC
- Krsna conscious life means innocent devotional life, and a sadhu is one who is fully devoted to Krsna
- Krsna continued, "I have purposely agitated you (Rukmini) by speaking many words not applicable to your character, but I am surprised to see that not a pinch of your devotion to Me has been deviated from its fixed position"
- Krsna continued, "You (Rukmini) may note also that My devotees are not very opulent; they also are very poor in worldly goods. Persons who are very rich, possessing worldly wealth, are not interested in devotion to Me, or Krsna consciousness"
- Krsna said, "If a devotee offers Me the most insignificant things a little flower, a little piece of leaf, a little water but saturates the offering in devotional love, then not only do I gladly accept such an offering, but I eat it with great pleasure"
- Krsna said, "If a person is not a devotee, even though he may offer Me (Krsna) very valuable things, I do not like to accept them. I actually accept only things offered to Me in devotion and love"
- Krsna-bhakti is not the monopoly of a certain caste. Everyone is eligible to receive this great benediction given by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- O sinless mother Devaki, after the expiry of twelve thousand celestial years, in which you constantly contemplated Me (Krsna) within the core of your heart with great faith, devotion and austerity, I was very much satisfied with you - SB 10.3.37-38
- On account of the Pandavas' faithful devotion to the Lord, He agreed to become their charioteer, their advisor, their friend, their messenger and sometimes their bodyguard. Such is an example of the result of devotional service towards Visnu
- One can understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead as He is only by devotional service. And when one is in full consciousness of the Supreme Lord by such devotion, he can enter into the kingdom of God - BG 18.55
- One has to take shelter of a person whose life is devoted to Krsna, and under his direction, we have to practice how to develop Krsna Consciousness, and then Krsna will be revealed
- One is advised not to even look at the faces of persons who are irreligious or who are devoid of devotion to the Supreme Lord
- One who hears this narration with faith and devotion attains the treasure of love of Godhead at the lotus feet of Sri Krsna
- One who is engaged in Krsna's service with firm faith and devotion, it means he has already freed himself from all kinds of reactions of sinful activities. This is the test
- One who is free of all material jubilation, hatred, lamentation and desire, who renounces both materially auspicious and materially inauspicious things, and who is devoted to Me is very dear to Me
- One who renders loving service to Sri Krsna, the Personality of Godhead, with devotion and austerity, is the greatest of all mystics. Men who undertake austerities motivated by a desire for material results cannot be called yogis or mystics
- One whose devotion for Me is adulterated worships Me for some material benefit, just to keep himself in the world of material happiness, culminating in the pleasure of sex life
- Out of many thousands of Vaisnavas, one who is completely fixed in the service of Lord Krsna is most famous. Indeed, a person who is completely devoted to the service of the Lord certainly returns home, back to Godhead
- People worship Krsna and offer food with great reverence and devotion, but automatically He sucked the milk from the body of Putana
- Persons who had never undergone the reformatory ritualistic ceremonies of the Vedas were confident that Krsna would accept only faith and devotion, and so they were engaged in Krsna consciousness and were freed from all anxieties
- Reverential devotion for the Lord gradually increases and transforms itself into ecstatic love, then affection and then attachment
- Rukmini continued, "In the Vedas it is stated that although You (krsna) have no material hands and legs, You accept everything offered in devotion by the devotees. You have no material eyes and ears, but still You can see and hear everything everywhere"
- Rukmini continued, "You (Krsna) cannot be attached to any woman, however exalted her position and beauty. Whether You are attached to me or not, may my devotion and attention be always engaged at Your lotus feet"
- So that was the position of the Pandavas; although Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the greatest among all greats, still He remained with those royal brothers, being attracted by their devotion, by their friendship and by their love
- Sometimes he (a pure devotee) washes the temple or the dishes-whatever he does, he does not let a single moment pass without devoting his activities to Krsna Such action is in full samadhi. BG 1972 purports
- Sometimes it is found in places like Vrndavana that a person with a slight devotional attitude of neutral love for Krsna may immediately and artificially try to attain to the platform of conjugal love
- Sometimes, however, it is found that without undergoing any devotional process, one all of a sudden develops devotion for Lord Krsna
- Srila Jiva Gosvami very much appreciated Sri Ramacandra Kaviraja’s great devotion to Lord Krsna and therefore gave him the title Kaviraja
- Srila Svarupa Damodara Gosvami wanted to impress upon Bhagavan Acarya that even though someone firmly fixed in devotion to Krsna's service might not be deviated by hearing the Mayavada bhasya, that bhasya is nevertheless full of impersonal words and ideas
- Such a position may befit others, but I do not possess such spiritual power. I belong to a lower class and have not even a pinch of devotion to Krsna
- Tend Tulasi very nicely and your devotion towards Krishna will increase. In the evening a lamp should be offered to the Tulasi plant and in the morning each devotee should offer a little water and offer obeisances
- The Absolute Truth is Sri Krsna, and loving devotion to Sri Krsna exhibited in pure love is achieved through congregational chanting of the holy name, which is the essence of all bliss
- The brahmanas continued, "They (our wives) have surpassed all of us in firm faith and devotion unto Krsna"
- The devotees who know these two paths, O Arjuna, are never bewildered. Therefore be always fixed in devotion. BG 8.27 - 1972
- The exemplary character of devotional service manifested by the devotees of Vrndavana is the purest type of devotion. It is enjoined in authoritative sastras that devotional service must be ahaituki and apratihata
- The fools and rascals, they try to comment on the Bhagavad-gita by their ABCD scholarship. That is not possible. It is sabda-brahman. It will be revealed to the person who has devotion to Krsna. Yasya deve para bhaktir yatha deve
- The gopis have set the standard of devotion for the whole world. One who follows in the footsteps of the gopis by constantly thinking of Krsna can attain the highest perfectional stage of spiritual life
- The liberated soul in devotional service, attracted by the transcendental qualities of Krsna, becomes more and more elevated, whereas those who engage in dry speculation and simply cultivate knowledge without devotion fall due to their many offenses
- The Lord (Krsna) says in Bhagavad-gita (BG 9.29): I envy no one, nor am I partial to anyone. I am equal to all. But whoever renders service unto Me in devotion is a friend, is in Me, and I am also a friend to him
- The Lord advised Arjuna to wake up and fight, being situated in perfect knowledge. Therefore, by simultaneously stressing the importance of both work in devotion & inaction in knowledge, Krsna has perplexed Arjuna & confused his determination. BG 1972 p
- The Lord says that if one brings such an offering in devotion, He will accept it and eat it. When Krsna eats, the entire world becomes satisfied
- The main business is how far one is devoted to Krsna. That is wanted. It doesn't mean that one has to become a sannyasi or one has to remain a grhastha. There are four asramas. You should accept whichever is suitable for you
- The most perfect way of life in this material world is simply to be devoted to My (Krsna's) transcendental loving service and to execute honestly the prescribed duties of one's particular position
- The non-Krsna conscious men are generally devoted to the demigods, whereas the Krsna conscious men are devoted to the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Krsna conscious persons utilize everything for the service of the Lord
- The personality of religion said: These words just spoken by you befit a person of the Pandava dynasty. Captivated by the devotional qualities of the Pandavas, even Lord Krsna, the Personality of Godhead, performed duties as a messenger
- The proof of Prahlada's natural devotion is that even when he was a small child he did not play with his playmates, but was always eager to preach the glories of the Lord
- The same gopi said, "They remain struck with devotion, and tears glide down from their eyes, illustrating vividly how they are embracing Krsna heart to heart"
- The Supreme Lord (Krsna) is causelessly merciful upon His devotee, so much so that even the poorest of men can offer Him a little water and a flower in devotion and thus please Him. This is due to His affectionate dealings with His devotees
- The thirty-first devotee of Lord Nityananda Prabhu was Paramananda Gupta, who was greatly devoted to Lord Krsna and highly advanced in spiritual consciousness. Formerly Nityananda Prabhu also resided at his house for some time
- The thoughts of My (Krsna) pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are fully devoted to My service, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss from always enlightening one another and conversing about Me
- Their (members of the Yadu dynasty) ambition was to offer Krsna perpetual devotion with faith. All the members of the Yadu dynasty were great devotees
- This (maintaining the status quo) is called material civilization of material attachment. Devotion for Lord Krsna means negation of all material attachments as detailed above
- This is another instance of becoming like a madman in the ecstasy of devotion
- This is Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s order to all His devotees. Krsna-bhakti, devotion to Krsna, is open to everyone, even low-class men like candalas. One should follow this order in the disciplic succession stemming from Sri Advaita and Nityananda Prabhu
- Those who have faith in and devotion to Krsna can understand that these things happen so wonderfully by the grace of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Throughout the Gita personal devotion to Krsna is recommended as the highest form of spiritual realization. BG 1972 purports
- Thus there are restrictions for the advanced Aryans, "If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, I will accept it." Although the Lord Himself can eat anything and everything, He restricts Himself to vegetables, fruits
- To escape the entanglement, he (the living entity) has only to perform his duty and to surrender unto the Supreme Lord with intelligence and devotion and with sincere Krsna consciousness
- To those who are constantly devoted and worship Me with love, I (Krsna) give the understanding by which they can come to Me
- To those who are constantly devoted and worship Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me. BG 10.10 - 1972
- True reverential devotion is exhibited by persons who think themselves subordinate to Krsna and by persons who think themselves sons of Krsna
- Uddhava addresses Lord Krsna and says, "My only prayer is that I may have unflinching faith and devotion unto Your lotus feet"
- Unless one hears about Sri Krsna from authorities, one cannot make advancement in devotion to Sri Krsna. The revealed scriptures mention nine means of attaining devotional service, of which the first and foremost is hearing from authority
- We have to take faith in the words of Krsna and put our complete faith and devotion at the lotus feet of Krsna. That will make us happy and make progress in Krsna consciousness in order to achieve the highest goal of life, back to Godhead
- When one is substantially convinced that he is always protected by Krsna in all circumstances, that feeling is called reverential devotion
- When transcendental devotional service, by which love for Krsna is attained, is executed by the senses, it is called sadhana-bhakti, or the regulative discharge of devotional service. Such devotion eternally exists within the heart of every living entity
- When you become in service attitude, just to serve Krsna with humble attitude, with devotion, then Krsna will reveal. Otherwise you cannot understand Krsna. It is not possible
- When you chant His name with devotion, that means Krsna is with you. And Krsna, when Krsna is with you, how you can remain impure? You become pure. The purest. That is the whole system
- Why does Krsna have to take five years? In five days He can spread His name and fame all over the world like wildfire. Those who have faith in and devotion to Krsna can understand that these things happen so wonderfully by the grace of Sri Caitanya
- With attention and devotion, he worshiped Krsna and all the greatly fortunate brahmanas who were free from material desires
- With great respect, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu requested Advaita Acarya, "Give Krsna consciousness, devotion to Krsna, even to the lowest of men (candalas)"