Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Devotees of God Should
This category has the following 108 subcategories, out of 108 total.
Pages in category "Devotees of God Should"
The following 51 pages are in this category, out of 51 total.
- A devotee should accept only those things that are favorable for keeping his body and soul together and should reject those things that increase the demands of the body
- A devotee should engage himself exclusively for the satisfaction of Krsna, without personal motives. That will make his life successful
- A devotee should see that because Krsna is present in everyone's heart as Paramatma, every body is the embodiment or the temple of the Supreme Lord
- All devotees should worship Ganapati. The Deities should not be bathed in water which has been touched by the nails or fingers. When a devotee is perspiring, he should not engage himself in worshiping the Deity
- As soon as one says, blasphemes, that "I am God. There is no God," immediately devotee should be very angry because he is preaching false things. He's blaspheming against the Supreme Lord, that he is making God as very cheap
- Devotees should protect their valuable jewel of spiritual love from the clutches of thieves and burglars. In other words, a pure devotee should not describe devotional service and its different analytical aspects to dry speculators and false renouncers
- Devotees who are attracted to Krsna as parents or as friends should follow in the footsteps of Nanda Maharaj or Subala, respectively
- If one sometimes engages in devotional service and sometimes strives for sense gratification, his service will be interrupted. A pure devotee, therefore, should have no desire other than to serve Krsna
- If you are a pure devotee and if you are always merged in the thought of Krsna, you should always remember that Krsna is with you. Krsna is with you
- In one of Lord Caitanya's Siksastaka verses it is stated, "The devotee should be more tolerant than the tree and more submissive than the grass. He should offer all honor to others, but may not accept any honor for himself"
- In other words, a devotee should engage himself not only in the prescribed duties of devotional service which are mentioned in the revealed scriptures, but he should also perform the duties of his practical life in Krsna consciousness
- In the last stage of the spiritual master's life, the devotees of the spiritual master should take preaching activities into their own hands. In this way the spiritual master can sit down in a solitary place and render nirjana bhajana
- Simply by criticizing followers of another faith, a devotee's mind will be agitated. Thus a devotee should tolerate and learn to stop agitation
- Some say that the devotee should remain in holy places like Vrndavana or some holy town where the Lord lived, but a pure devotee can live anywhere and create the atmosphere of Vrndavana by his devotional service
- Sometimes devotees are ill-treated by envious persons. It is advised that an advanced devotee should be tolerant; he should show complete mercy to persons who are ignorant or innocent
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu says that one should not imitate this, but a devotee should long for the day to come when such symptoms of trance will automatically appear in his body
- Srila Rupa Gosvami therefore advises that we should meet with the Vaisnavas in an appropriate way, according to their particular status
- Tend Tulasi very nicely and your devotion towards Krishna will increase. In the evening a lamp should be offered to the Tulasi plant and in the morning each devotee should offer a little water and offer obeisances
- That is the actual process of Krishna Consciousness. To train others continue this programme so that in the future every devotee in our movement will know the art of distributing books. This is approved by me
- The devotee should also know his own position and should not try to imitate a devotee situated on a higher platform
- The devotee should avoid a person whose character is not fixed in the standard understanding; even though he may be a Vaisnava, or a devotee of Krsna, if his character is not correctly representative, then he should be avoided
- The devotee should not hear Lord Visnu or His devotees blasphemed. (19) The devotee should avoid reading or hearing newspapers or mundane books that contain stories of love affairs between men and women or subjects palatable to the senses
- The devotee should patiently follow the rules and regulations of devotional service so that the day will come when he will achieve, all of a sudden, all the perfection of devotional service. He should not lament for any loss or any reverse
- The devotee should regularly see My statues in the temple, touch My lotus feet and offer worshipable paraphernalia and prayer. He should see in the spirit of renunciation, from the mode of goodness, and see every living entity as spiritual
- The devotee should treat loss & gain equally. (16) The devotee should not be overwhelmed by lamentation. (17) The devotee should not worship demigods, nor should he disrespect them. Similarly, the devotee should not study or criticize other scriptures
- The devotee should try to see all living entities on the same equal level of spiritual existence. As stated in Bhagavad-gita, a pandita, one who is learned, sees equally a very learned brahmana, a sudra, a hog, a dog and a cow
- The Lord has multiforms as Visnu, Narayana, Rama, Varaha, etc., but a devotee should concentrate his mind on the form that was present before Arjuna
- The meditative devotee should slowly push up the life air from the navel to the heart, from there to the chest and from there to the root of the palate. He should search out the proper places with intelligence
- The narration of the pastimes of the Lord, which are always enacted on the transcendental platform, should be received with all respect by devotees
- The pure devotee should execute devotional service by giving the greatest respect to the spiritual master and the acaryas. He should be compassionate to the poor and make friendship with persons who are his equals
- The service of the spiritual master is essential. If there is no chance to serve the spiritual master directly, a devotee should serve him by remembering his instructions
- The sublime punya-karma is devotional service. Sravanam kirtanam visnoh smaranam pada-sevanam. This is the topmost punya-karma
- The working devotee must always be mindful so that the (bhakti) creeper which has so grown will not be cut off. Therefore he should be mindful of the following considerations...
- There are innumerable books which contain countless subjects for discussion among two devotees or more. Friendship should be cemented between persons with mutual interests and understanding
- They should go on rendering service to Lord Sri Krsna and enjoy life perpetually. In this way all miseries will be diminished, the devotees will attain great happiness, and there will be jubilant love of God
- To Give Up the Company of Nondevotees. Lord Caitanya was once asked by one of His householder devotees what the general behavior of a Vaisnava should be
- To Offer Respect to the Banyan Trees. In the Skanda Purana it is directed that a devotee should offer water to the tulasi plant and amalaka trees
- Transcendental writing one must be an authorized Vaisnava and should write to purify oneself, not for credit
- When one becomes an advanced devotee, he understands that he should be reserved and perseverant (ksantih) and that he should engage in the service of the Lord and not waste time
- When such impediments (to Krsna consciousness) arise he should simply think of Krsna and expect His mercy. That is the only solace. If the devotee passes his days in that spirit, it is certain that he is going to be promoted to the abode of the Lord
- When the Deity is being borne for a stroll in the street, a devotee should immediately follow the procession
- Whether one is a pure devotee and is free from all material desires, or is full of material desires, or desires liberation from material contamination, he should in all cases surrender to Vasudeva and worship Him