Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Conjugal Love in Devotional Service to God
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Conjugal Love in Devotional Service to God"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total.
- After spontaneous attraction becomes highly developed, the devotee is placed in either of the above-mentioned categories (one is indirect conjugal love, the other direct)
- All unalloyed devotees are sakti-tattvas, or potencies of the Lord. Some of them are situated in conjugal love and others in filial affection, fraternity and servitude
- Although in this statement there are contradictory mellows of ecstatic devotion, the result is not incompatible because conjugal love is so elevated that it is defeating all other varieties of mellows
- Although these five rasas (dasya, sakhya, vatsalya, madhurya and santa) are found in the bhagavata-marga, the bhagavata-marga is especially meant for vatsalya and madhurya, or paternal and conjugal relationships
- Devotional service following in the footsteps of the gopis of Vrndavana or the queens at Dvaraka is called devotional service in conjugal love
- Devotional service in conjugal love can be divided into two categories. One is indirect conjugal love, the other direct. In both of these categories, one has to follow the particular gopi who is engaged in such service in Goloka Vrndavana
- Direct devotional services are as follows: neutrality, servitude, fraternity, paternity and conjugal love. Indirect devotional service is divided into laughter, compassion, anger, chivalry, dread, astonishment and ghastliness
- In that perfect stage of svarupa, the living being is established in five phases of loving service, one of which is the stage of madhurya-rasa, or the humor of conjugal love
- In the above example also there is no perverted representation of mellows because on the whole the ecstasy of conjugal love has exceeded the neutral position of devotional service
- In the madhurya-rasa, characterized by conjugal love, one can become like Srimati Radharani or Her lady friends such as Lalita and Her serving maids (manjaris) like Rupa and Rati
- In this statement there is incompatibility caused by a mixture of ghastliness and conjugal love in devotional service
- Service to the Lord is rendered in different transcendental mellows (relationships): neutral, active, friendly, parental and nuptial
- Servitude (dasya), friendship (sakhya), parental affection (vatsalya) and conjugal love (srngara) are the four transcendental mellows (rasas). By the devotees who cherish these four mellows, Lord Krsna is subdued
- Sometimes it is found in places like Vrndavana that a person with a slight devotional attitude of neutral love for Krsna may immediately and artificially try to attain to the platform of conjugal love
- The goddess of fortune is engaged in the service of the Lord in the rasa of madhurya, conjugal love
- The qualities found in santa-rasa, dasya-rasa, sakhya-rasa and vatsalya-rasa are all manifested in conjugal love (madhurya-rasa)
- The separation of Lord Ramacandra from Sita is spiritually understood as vipralambha, which is an activity of the hladini potency of the Supreme Personality of Godhead belonging to the srngara-rasa, the mellow of conjugal love in the spiritual world
- Therefore (that love which has the highest taste in the gradual succession of desire manifests itself in the form of conjugal love) I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) call it madhura-rasa. It has two further divisions, namely wedded and unwedded love
- This devotional service in conjugal love can be divided into two categories. One is indirect conjugal love, the other direct
- This third division of Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu describes the five primary kinds of devotional service - namely neutrality, servitude, fraternity, parenthood and conjugal love
- Transcendental loving service to the Lord in one of the five principal relations, namely santa, dasya, sakhya, vatsalya and madhurya, i.e., neutrality, servitorship, fraternity, filial affection and conjugal love, is graciously accepted by the Lord
- When in the rasa of neutral love (santa-rasa) there are found traces of ghastliness or astonishment, the result is compatible. When with this neutral love there are manifestations of conjugal love, chivalry, anger or dread, the result is incompatible
- With the ecstasy of anger in devotional service a mixture of compassion or chivalry is compatible, whereas a mixture of laughter, conjugal union or dread is completely incompatible
- With the ecstasy of chivalry in devotional service a mixture of conjugal union, laughter or anger is always incompatible
- With the ecstasy of devotional chivalry a mixture of astonishment, laughter or servitude is compatible, whereas a mixture of dread or conjugal love is incompatible
- With the ecstasy of devotional laughter a mixture of dread, conjugal love or parental love is compatible, whereas a mixture of compassion or ghastliness is incompatible