compete | competed | competing | competition | competitionless | competitions | competitive
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.
- ► Our Competition (Disciples of SP) (17 P)
- ► God Has No Competitor (4 P)
- ► Krsna's Competing (11 P)
- ► Rivalry (5 C, 41 P)
Pages in category "Competition"
The following 87 pages are in this category, out of 87 total.
- Because the svayamvara was an open competition between the rival and valiant princes, such princes were invited by the father of the princess, and usually there were regular fights between the invited princely order in a sporting spirit
- Before this marriage of Satya with Krsna, there had been many competitive engagements with the bulls of King Nagnajit, and many other princes of the Yadu dynasty and of other dynasties as well had tried to win the hand of Satya
- Both the gopis and Krsna are complete. The gopis' ecstatic love is like a mirror that becomes newer and newer at every moment and reflects Krsna's bodily luster and sweetness. Thus competition increases
- Brahma said, "When You place Yourself as subordinate to Your father and mother, Nanda and Yasoda, You are not reduced in Your potency; this is an expression of Your loving attitude toward Your devotees. There is no second identity to compete with You"
- By subduing seven bulls whose noses were not pierced, the Lord achieved the hand of Princess Nagnijiti in the open competition to select her bridegroom
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu at that time was sixteen years old boy, but He was very learned logician. So the Kesava Kasmiri, he was traveling all over India by, I mean to say, competing other panditas, other learned scholars. So he, everywhere he was victorious
- Cow protection practically solves the problems of sustenance & the greater portion of time of the devotees, being not engaged in the frantic scramble of materialistic competition for food & shelter, is kept engaged in the pursuit of spiritual perfection
- Devotees have no need to compete with materialists because they are on the path back to Godhead, back home where everything is eternal, full and blissful. Such transcendentalists are a hundred percent nonenvious and are therefore pure in heart
- Don't be greedy, so "This man is millionaire, so I have to become a millionaire." Competition. That is material disease
- Either communally, socially or nationally, everyone is competing to be greater than all others, in the material concept of life
- Establish a competitionless society
- Everyone in the material world is envious, there is competition. The devotees of the Lord are not only free from all material envy, but they are also kind to everyone in an attempt to establish a competitionless society with God in the center
- Everyone is interested how to earn money or how to gratify senses. That is the modern civilization. Here is a competition of sense gratification. I'm gratifying my senses in one way, and all others, they are trying to imitate me or compete
- Exceptionally qualified daughters of powerful kings were allowed to make a choice of their own bridegrooms in open competition, and such ceremonies were called svayamvara, or personal selection of the bridegroom
- He (Jayadratha) was also present in the svayamvara ceremony of Draupadi, and he desired very strongly to have her hand, but he failed in the competition. But since then he always sought the opportunity to get in touch with Draupadi
- Here (in SB 4.5.4) is the beginning of competition between brahma-tejas and siva-tejas. By brahma-tejas, brahminical strength, Bhrgu Muni had created the Rbhu demigods, who had driven away the soldiers of Lord Siva stationed in the arena
- I will give you better writing and you will produce better books. In this way there will be competition in the service of Krishna. That is very nice
- If the central point is Krsna, so there is no dissension. It is a competition, that "My Godbrother, my Godsister, is serving such a way. She is so well versed in this art. Why not try myself to do something?" This is variety
- In other stages, even in the householder stage of life, there is competition and envy, but since the activities of the human being in the paramahamsa stage are completely engaged in Krsna consciousness, or devotional service, there is no scope for envy
- In the absolute world there is sometimes competition between servitors in the service of the Lord, but such competition is without malice
- In the history of Aryan civilization there have been many instances in which famous princesses have selected their husbands in open competitions. For example, it was in such a competition that Sitadevi accepted Lord Ramacandra as her husband
- In the karma-kanda, there is competition to reach heavenly planets for better sense gratification, and there is similar competition in the jnana-kanda and the upasana-kanda
- In the lower stages of human civilization, there is always competition to lord it over the material nature or, in other words, there is a continuous rivalry to satisfy the senses. Driven by such consciousness, man turns to religion
- In the material world, everyone is envious of everyone else, and therefore there is competition
- In the Vedas, the above-mentioned four activities are prescribed in the regulative way so that there will not be any undue competition for sense gratification. But Srimad-Bhagavatam is transcendental to all these sense gratificatory activities
- In this material world, since most people are nondevotees, they regularly compete, fight, disagree and war among themselves, for everyone wants to enjoy and satisfy his own senses
- India should have given the spiritual knowledge to the Western countries instead of competing with industry. And that is a fact
- Indra said, "In the material world there is regular competition between different types of living entities to become supreme leaders of society, and after being frustrated in achieving the supreme positions of leadership, foolish persons claim to be God"
- Laksmana said, "At that time, I entered the arena of competition, and the ankle bells on my legs sounded very melodious as I walked"
- Laksmana said, "The difference between the competition in your svayamvara and mine was that in yours the fish was hanging openly on the ceiling, in clear view, but in mine the fish was covered and could be seen only by its reflection in a pot of water"
- Lord Siva said: My dear son, I, Lord Brahma and the other demigods, who rotate within this universe under the misconception of our greatness, cannot exhibit any power to compete with the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- No one could understand Rukmini's real mental condition. This is an instance of competitive concealment
- Nobody wants to surrender. He wants to compete. Individually, person to person, family to family, nation to nation, everyone is trying to become the master. Where is the question of surrendering?
- Now after Urja you will go to Puri for again trying for that place, but now there is competition, so how we can stop it? But if you offer them the right price, and if we try to get it very seriously we shall be able to do it, by Krishna’s grace
- People are misled. They are thinking that by material comfort they will be happy. And practically we are seeing, this competition of material comfort... The capitalist and the labor class, worker class, they are fighting - strike
- Perfect society, or Vedic society, does not eliminate competition - competition, stronger and weaker, must be there - but it eliminates envy, because everyone is weak before Krishna
- Regarding the closing of Zurich center, that's all right. Don't make competition
- Religion means how to get that eyes, how to get that hand, how to get that leg, so that I can appreciate God. That should be the process of human civilization. Not that how I can compete with tiger, how I can compete with cats and dogs
- Sanatana dharma means the strong will utilize the energy of the weak. That we see everywhere, is it not? So that competitive spirit makes us strong, otherwise it is a society of weak men only, & what is the good of such society?
- Sense gratification means domination over material nature. The whole competition between conditioned souls is based upon domination of this material nature
- So marriage by agreement or by selecting one's own husband in an open competition is allowed
- Sometimes the mode of goodness defeats passion, and at other times the mode of ignorance defeats goodness and passion. In this way there is always competition for supremacy. BG 14.10 - 1972
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is transcendental to all these sense gratificatory activities. It is purely transcendental literature which can be understood only by the pure devotees of the Lord who are transcendental to competitive sense gratification
- The contemporary socialist's conception of a competitionless society is artificial because in the socialist state there is competition for the post of dictator
- The difference between competition and Maya
- The farmer then becomes very happy to see his field full of grain, but the capitalists—who are always unaware of the activities of a supernatural power—become unhappy because they are afraid of a competitive price due to abundant production
- The happiness increases more and more, and the Lord measures it more and more, and as such there is eternally a competition between increment and measurement, so much so that the competition is never stopped, but goes on unlimitedly ad infinitum
- The living entity, part and parcel of Krsna, starts his own business to compete with the Lord. There are many competitors out to attain the Lord's position, but to become like the Lord is not at all possible
- The material scientists invent many objects to gratify the material senses, and there results a field of unnecessary competition for enhancement of such material happiness, which leads the whole world into the whirlpool of uncalled-for clashes
- The original conception of the caste system was so planned that a group of men engaged in a particular type of occupation would not compete with another group of men engaged in a different occupation
- The other political parties are spending lavishly so how can we compete with them. We do not have enough money nor do I wish to spend our money in this way. Therefore I say it is better to stop
- The personified Vedas continued, "Because Your (Lord's) knowledge is also unlimited, there is unlimited competition between Your knowledge and Your expansion of energies"
- The socialist’s idea of a society devoid of competition is artificial because even in the socialist states there is competition for the post of dictator
- The transcendental devotees of the Lord are not only free from material envy, but are well-wishers to everyone, and they strive to establish a competitionless society with God in the center
- The whole system of society was so well planned that all the members of society in their different positions as brahmanas, ksatriyas, vaisyas and sudras had no difficulty in earning their livelihood. There was no competition among the divisions of society
- The whole Vaikuntha existence proclaims that everyone there is a follower of the Lord. The Lord is the chief leader there, without any competition for leadership, and the people in general are all followers of the Lord
- There are many competitors in ordinary business affairs, and the karma-kanda chapters of the Vedas sometimes cause competition and envy amongst karmis
- There are now a number of self-made incarnations people follow without authority from the Vedic literatures, and there is regular competition between one incarnation's group and another's
- There is constant competition between My sweetness and the mirror of Radha's love. They both go on increasing, but neither knows defeat
- There is great necessity of spreading this Krsna consciousness movement to actually educate the human being to the highest perfect of life. That is required. It is not a religious system, competing with some other religion
- There is no literature throughout the universe like Srimad-Bhagavatam. There is no comparison. There is no competition. Every word is for the good of the human society
- There is sometimes a competition between the mode of goodness and the mode of ignorance. That is the way of material existence
- There may be rivalries & apparent competition between servants in performing service, but in the Vaikuntha planets the service of another servant is appreciated not condemned. This is Vaikuntha competition. There is no question of enmity between servants
- There may be rivalries and apparent competition between servants in performing service, but in the Vaikuntha planets the service of another servant is appreciated, not condemned
- There would be competition and mock fighting between the two parties, and when Krsna's party was defeated by Balarama, the boys would say, "If Balarama's party remains victorious, then who in the world can be weaker than ourselves"
- They stand, make competition, "I am the President." If you are President, why you require election? The simple truth. If you are actually President, then why do you depend on other's vote? You become President. No. Artificial President
- This is competition. Krsna wants to see that His devotees are pleased, and the devotees want to see that Krsna is pleased
- This quarrel between Lord Siva and Bhrgu Muni, centering around Prajapati Daksa, is the practical example of such competition between the different qualitative modes of material nature
- Thus there was a sort of competition between Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Lord Jagannatha in seeing who would lead, but Caitanya Mahaprabhu was so strong that He made Lord Jagannatha wait in His car
- We are not concerned with other religions or yogas in terms of competition or sectarian spirit. Actual spiritual knowledge is to take the authoritative statements from the scriptures and from the great acaryas, spiritual masters in disciplic succession
- We have so much work to do, we cannot lose our solidarity. Do not cause a crack there with any fighting spirit or competition
- When Draupadi was gained in the competition, they were incognito. The Pandavas were incognito. They were banished for twelve years, and after twelve years, one year they had to live incognito. Nobody would understand where they are living
- When he attempted to exhibit his talent in that meeting, Draupadi's brother declared that Karna could not take part in the competition because of his being the son of a sudra carpenter
- Without being educated properly, the mass of people are following in the footsteps of the vested interests by exploiting natural reserves, and therefore there is acute competition between individual and individual and nation and nation
- Wrestling matches are still enjoyed by people in northern India, & it appears from the statements of Srimad-Bhagavatam that five thousand years ago wrestling was popular. Kamsa planned to arrange such a wrestling competition & to invite people to visit