Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
chewing | chewed | chew | chews
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Chewing"
The following 43 pages are in this category, out of 43 total.
- Actually the authorized compiler of the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is Srila Vrndavana dasa, the incarnation of Vyasadeva. Only upon his orders am I trying to chew the remnants of food that he has left
- Another gopi said, "He is the only friend of the suffering living entities. When He plays His flute, all the cows and other animals of Vrndavana, although engaged in eating, simply take a morsel of food in their mouths and stop chewing"
- Before laying the Deity down, a pot of milk and sugar should be offered to Him. After taking this thick milk, the Deity should lie down and should be offered betel nuts and spices to chew
- By his (Aniruddha's) bedside sitting place were other paraphernalia for residential purposes - nice drinks such as milk & sherbet and nice eatables which could be chewed or swallowed. Above all, she pleased him with sweet words and very obliging service
- By the influence of the age of Kali, even a pauper is proud of his penny, the women are always dressed in an overly attractive fashion to victimize the minds of men, and the man is addicted to drinking wine, smoking, drinking tea and chewing tobacco, etc
- He eats if someone gives him something to eat. Sometimes he fasts, and sometimes he chews fried grains
- His face was more beautiful than millions upon millions of moons, and His teeth were like pomegranate seeds because of His chewing betel
- Human teeth are so made that they can chew and cut fruit and vegetables, although there are two canine teeth so that primitive humans can eat flesh if they so desire
- If one tastes such love of Godhead, he can compare it to hot sugarcane. When one chews hot sugarcane, his mouth burns, yet he cannot give it up
- In other places, the following offenses are listed: (b) to introduce differing sastras, (c) to chew pan and betel before the Deity, (d) to keep flowers for worship on the leaf of a castor oil plant, (e) to worship the Deity in the afternoon
- In Your mouth is the Brahma plate of sacrifice, Your throat is the plate of sacrifice known as soma, and whatever You chew is known as agni-hotra
- Madana-mohana always chews pan that surpasses the nectar of heaven
- My friend, what do you eat to maintain your body? Because you are chewing betel, a pleasing scent is emanating from your mouth. This proves that you always eat the remnants of food offered to Visnu. Indeed, you must also be an expansion of Visnu's body
- She worshiped the tulasi plant, following in the footsteps of her spiritual master. Instead of eating regularly, she chewed whatever food she received as alms, and if nothing was supplied she would fast
- Sometimes he chewed fried grains, sometimes he cooked, and sometimes he drank milk. In this way he kept his life and soul together with whatever was available wherever he went
- Sometimes the gopis would think about His (Krsna's) soft nails, His moving eyebrows and His teeth, which were catechu-colored from chewing pan
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave chewed pan, or betel nut, to Murari Gupta
- That a dog, it does not know what is the taste. He is simply chewing the, one bone, this way, that way, this way, that way. Because he is animal. He has no other engagement. So this whole society is animal. Especially the westerners
- The flesh-eaters may be allowed to take flesh as mentioned in the scriptures, and not otherwise. Intoxication of all description-even smoking cigarettes, chewing tobacco or the drinking of tea-must be prohibited
- The following offenses are listed: (c) to chew pan and betel before the Deity, (d) to keep flowers for worship on the leaf of a castor oil plant, (e) to worship the Deity in the afternoon
- The hands, legs, eyes, and so on are all parts of the body, but they are not actually the enjoyers. The stomach is the enjoyer. The legs move, the hands supply food, the teeth chew, and all parts of the body are engaged in satisfying the stomach
- The hot chili-like taste burned the tongues of those who chewed the seeds. Thus the eating of pilu fruits from Vrndavana became a pastime of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's
- The legs move, the hands supply food, the teeth chew, and all parts of the body are engaged in satisfying the stomach because the stomach is the principal factor that nourishes the body's organization
- The same sex life at home, chewing, and go to the naked club, chewing. Chewing the chewed. There is no rasa. There is no humor, mellow; therefore they are disappointed. Because the thing is the same
- The transcendental pastimes of Lord Caitanya have actually been relished by Srila Vrndavana dasa Thakura. I am simply trying to chew the remnants of food left by him
- The ultimate purpose of sense gratification and the highest, topmost sense gratification is sex life. So we are trying, chewing, eschewing, you see, extracting. But that is not the process of happiness
- There are four kinds of foodstuff: something we chew, something we swallow, something we lick up and something we drink
- These characteristics of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are like sugar cane that one can chew to relish transcendental juice
- This is an opportunity, this human form of life, this particular type of tongue which you can use. In other type of tongues you can chew, you can taste the blood and the flesh, and so many things. But you cannot chant Hare Krsna
- Those devotees who were familiar with pilu fruits sucked on the seeds, but the Bengali devotees who did not know what they were chewed the seeds and swallowed them
- When a father is eating food, he may, out of compassion, offer the remnants of his food to his son. Although such food may be already chewed by the father, it cannot be offered to the father again
- When a servant brought betel nuts and offered them to Lord Nityananda, the Lord smiled and chewed them
- When the Queen drank liquor, King Puranjana also engaged in drinking. When the Queen dined, he used to dine with her, and when she chewed, King Puranjana used to chew along with her. When the Queen sang, he also sang
- While Krsna & Balarama & Their friends were eating, they watched the cows, calves & bulls. The cows appeared to be a little tired from standing with their heavy milk bags. By sitting and chewing grass, they became happy, and Krsna was pleased to see them