Caitanya's Spiritual Master
Pages in category "Caitanya's Spiritual Master"
The following 80 pages are in this category, out of 80 total.
- A brahmacari is supposed to serve the spiritual master; therefore Mahaprabhu did not negate that relationship of servitude to His spiritual master. Accepting such a position is favorable for the relationship between the disciple and the spiritual master
- According to the calculations of the spiritual master, Lord Caitanya appeared to be a fool; therefore he said that He should not indulge in the study of Vedanta but should continue chanting the Hare Krsna mantra. Lord Caitanya strictly obeyed this order
- Advaita Acarya was a disciple of Madhavendra Puri, Isvara Puri’s spiritual master. Therefore Isvara Puri, the spiritual master of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, was Advaita Acarya’s Godbrother
- Advaita Prabhu's aspiration was to be a servant of the Lord, not His spiritual master. He therefore devised a plan to antagonize the Lord
- Advaita Prabhu’s aspiration was to be a servant of Lord Caitanya, not His spiritual master. He therefore devised a plan to antagonize the Lord
- After describing the potency of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, My spiritual master taught Me another verse, advising Me to always keep it within My throat
- After saying this, Kesava Bharati, the spiritual master, went back to his village, Katwa. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu went there and accepted the renounced order of life (sannyasa)
- As soon as He (Caitanya) became a faithful servant of His spiritual master and followed his instructions, He very easily saw the path of liberation
- As Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu offered full respect to His spiritual master, Isvara Puri, He similarly respected Paramananda Puri and Svarupa Damodara
- As such, it is not befitting that the guru's servant should engage in My personal service. Yet My spiritual master has given this order. What shall I do
- Before the appearance of Lord Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu, there appeared His devotees like Sri Madhavendra Puri; His spiritual master, Sri Isvara Puri; His mother, Srimati Saci-devi; His father, Sri Jagannatha Misra; and Sri Advaita Acarya
- Believing in the words of His (Caitanya's) spiritual master, He introduced the sankirtana movement, just as the present Krsna consciousness movement was started with belief in the words of our spiritual master
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu said that while chanting and dancing He had developed the kind of mad ecstasy that is possible only for a liberated soul. Yet even in His liberated position, He referred everything to His spiritual master whenever there were doubts
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu, He is also incarnation of Krsna, but He accepted Isvara Puri as His guru. They do not require guru, but just to keep pace with the official program, even God personally, He accepted spiritual master
- Caitanya replied: My spiritual master told Me, Just go on chanting this Hare Krsna mantra: it will make You all-perfect
- Chanting the holy name in ecstasy causes Me to dance, laugh and cry. When My spiritual master heard all this, he smiled and then began to speak
- He (Caitanya) further informed Prakasananda Sarasvati that His spiritual master had taught Him that Srimad-Bhagavatam is the actual commentary on Vedanta-sutra, as stated in Srimad-Bhagavatam by Vyasadeva, the author of Vedanta-sutra
- He told his father, "Your instruction that Kesava Bharati is the spiritual master of Caitanya Mahaprabhu will spoil the entire country"
- His (Paramananda Puri's) affections with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu were on the platform of paternal love. This was because Paramananda Puri happened to be the Godbrother of the spiritual master of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- His natural emotions were always on the platform of fraternity and servitude, but the Lord sometimes treated Him as His spiritual master
- I (Caitanya) firmly believe in the words of My spiritual master. Although the Mayavadi philosophers do not like this chanting and dancing, I nevertheless perform it on the strength of his words
- I firmly believe in these words of My spiritual master, and therefore I always chant the holy name of the Lord, alone and in the association of devotees
- I saw that I had become mad by chanting the holy name, and I immediately submitted this at the lotus feet of my spiritual master
- In answer to this question (of CC Madhya 10.136), Sri Caitanya replied that His spiritual master, Isvara Puri, was so empowered that he was as good as the Supreme Personality of Godhead. As such, Isvara Puri was the spiritual master of the whole world
- In answer to this question (of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya in CC Madhya 10.136), Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied that His spiritual master, Isvara Puri, was not a servant of any mundane rule or regulation
- In the Absolute world the fool is also the master and the master is also a fool in reciprocal exchange of dealings. Lord Caitanya also accepted Himself a great fool before His spiritual master and all of us must follow the transcendental process
- Isvara Puri pleased his spiritual master by service, and by the blessings of his spiritual master he became such a great personality that Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepted him as His spiritual master
- Isvara Puri, the spiritual master of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, performed service to Madhavendra Puri, cleaning up his stool and urine with his own hand
- It is not befitting that the guru's servant (Govinda dasa) should engage in My personal service. Yet My spiritual master has given this order. What shall I (Lord Caitanya) do?
- Lord Caitanya explained all this to Prakasananda Sarasvati and told him that He had heard all this from His spiritual master
- Lord Caitanya explained that His spiritual master had confirmed the validity of His ecstasy which resulted from His chanting the holy name of God and also confirmed that the essence of all Vedic literature is the attainment of love of Godhead
- Lord Caitanya firmly believed in the statements of His spiritual master, and He never neglected the instructions of His spiritual master by stopping His sankirtana movement
- Lord Caitanya further informed Prakasananda Sarasvati: Because I have full faith in My spiritual master's words, I am always engaged in chanting Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare
- Lord Caitanya informed Prakasananda Sarasvati that when His spiritual master understood Him, he said, It is the transcendental nature of the holy names of Hare Krsna to transport a man into spiritual madness
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the spiritual master of the fourteen worlds, but You say that someone else is His spiritual master. This is not supported by any revealed scripture
- Lord Caitanya respected Advaita Acarya as His spiritual master, but Advaita Acarya Prabhu was greatly aggrieved by such behavior
- Lord Caitanya said that His spiritual master told Him: It is very good that You have attained such a perfectional stage of love of Godhead. Because of Your attainment, I am very much obliged to You
- Lord Caitanya told Prakasananda Sarasvati that because He received the order from His spiritual master, He was constantly chanting Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare
- Lord Caitanya told Prakasananda Sarasvati, In order to convince Me about this essential fact of Vedic knowledge (chanting Hare Krsna mantra), My spiritual master has taught Me a verse from Brhan-naradiya Purana
- Lord Caitanya's spiritual master blessed Him, telling Him to dance, sing, propagate this sankirtana movement, and by instructing people about Krsna, try to deliver them from nescience
- Lord Caitanya's spiritual master had said that the Lord was fortunate enough to have attained love of Godhead. By attaining such transcendental love, one's heart becomes very anxious to attain direct contact with the Lord
- Lord Caitanya's spiritual master instructed Him that one must read Srimad-Bhagavatam regularly and with scrutiny to gradually become attached to the chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- Lord Caitanya, previously known as Visvambhara, accepted a spiritual master, Isvara Puri, who was a sannyasi
- Mukunda Datta then asked the Lord, "Shall I bring him here?" Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Brahmananda Bharati is like My spiritual master. It is better that I go to him"
- My spiritual master considered Me a great fool (CC Adi 7.71), Lord Caitanya replied. Therefore he has more or less punished Me by saying that because I am such a fool I have no capacity to study Vedanta. So in turn he gave Me the chanting of Hare Krsna
- My spiritual master found Me a great fool
- One may ask that if Caitanya is Krsna Himself, then why did He need a spiritual master? Of course, He did not need a spiritual master, but because He was playing the role of acarya (one who teaches by example), He accepted a spiritual master - CC Intro
- One may ask that if Caitanya Mahaprabhu is Krsna Himself, then why did He need a spiritual master? Of course He did not need a spiritual master, but because He was playing the role of acarya (one who teaches by example), He accepted a spiritual master
- Saying this, My spiritual master taught Me a verse from Srimad-Bhagavatam. It is the essence of all the Bhagavatam's instructions; therefore he recited this verse again and again
- Seeing Brahmananda Bharati wearing the deerskin, Caitanya Mahaprabhu pretended not to see him. Instead, He asked Mukunda Datta, "Where is Brahmananda Bharati, My spiritual master"
- Since I received this order from My spiritual master, I always chant the holy name, but I thought that by chanting and chanting the holy name I had been bewildered
- Sri Advaita Acarya thinks, "Lord Caitanya considers Me His spiritual master, yet I feel Myself to be only His servant"
- Sri Advaita Prabhu and Isvara Puri, Lord Caitanya’s spiritual master, were both disciples of Madhavendra Puri, who was also the spiritual master of Nityananda Prabhu
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not consider the offenses of Ramacandra Puri, for the Lord considered him His spiritual master. However, his character instructed everyone about the result of offending the spiritual master
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu offered obeisances to Ramacandra Puri in consideration of his being a disciple of Srila Madhavendra Puri, the spiritual master of His own spiritual master, Isvara Puri
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu presented Himself as a grand fool, yet He maintained that all the words that He had heard from His spiritual master strictly followed the principles stated by Vyasadeva in Srimad-Bhagavatam - SB 1.7.6
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied to Prakasananda Sarasvati, "My dear sir, kindly hear the reason. My spiritual master considered Me a fool, and therefore he chastised Me"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "My spiritual master, Isvara Puri, always favors Me with paternal affection. Therefore, out of his causeless mercy, he has sent you here"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Both the S P of Godhead and My spiritual master, Isvara Puri, are completely independent. Therefore neither the mercy of the S P of Godhead nor that of Isvara Puri is subject to any Vedic rules and regulations"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "I never chanted and danced to make an artificial show. I dance and chant because I firmly believe in the words of My spiritual master"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "You are on the platform of My spiritual master, and I am your disciple. Since you are My spiritual master, it is not befitting that you offer Me obeisances"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sometimes accepted Ramacandra Puri as His master and considered Himself a servant, and sometimes the Lord, not caring for him, would see him as being just like a straw
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu thus posed Himself as a disciple and accepted Brahmananda Bharati as His spiritual master. He then said, "The disciple is certainly defeated in an argument with the spiritual master"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu treated Advaita Acarya as His spiritual master, but Sri Advaita Acarya did not like this behavior of Lord Caitanya, for He wanted to be treated as His eternal servant
- Sri Madhavendra Puri had many renowned disciples, such as Nityananda Prabhu, Advaita Prabhu and Isvara Puri. Isvara Puri happened to be the spiritual master of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Sridhara Svami is the spiritual master of the entire world because by his mercy we can understand Srimad-Bhagavatam. I (Caitanya Mahaprabhu) therefore accept him as a spiritual master
- Srila Isvara Puri was the spiritual master of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, but before initiating Lord Caitanya he went to Navadvipa and lived for a few months in the house of Gopinatha Acarya. At that time Lord Caitanya became acquainted with him
- Srila Madhavendra Puri was the spiritual master of Isvara Puri, who was the spiritual master of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The Lord (Caitanya) explained that the symptoms of intoxication had automatically arisen when He had chanted the Hare Krsna mantra, and that upon seeing this His spiritual master had ordered Him to preach devotional service all over the world
- The Lord (Caitanya) replied (to Prakasananda Sarasvati) that His spiritual master found Him to be a great fool, and thus he asked Him to chant the holy name of Lord Krsna. He did so, and became ecstatic like a madman. BG 1972 purports
- The Lord remained there because He was very eager to receive the remnants of sweet rice offered to the Gopinatha Deity, having heard a narration from His spiritual master, Isvara Puri, of what had once happened there
- The spiritual master of Lord Caitanya suggested that it is better that one not study the Sariraka-bhasya of Sankaracarya, for it is very harmful to people in general
- The words mahaprabhura mukhe - from the mouth of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu - are significant because Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu first heard the story of Madhavendra Puri from His spiritual master, Sripada Isvara Puri - See Madhya-lila, Chapter Four, verse 18
- Thinking "He (Sri Advaita Acarya) is a disciple of Sri Madhavendra Puri," Lord Caitanya obeys Him, respecting Him as His spiritual master
- When Acyutananda heard from his father that Kesava Bharati was the spiritual master of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he was very unhappy
- When I (Caitanya) first wondered whether I had become mad by chanting Hare Krsna, I approached My spiritual master and informed him that I had gone mad by chanting Hare Krsna. Thus I asked him what was My actual position
- When Paramananda Puri and Brahmananda Bharati met Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the Lord offered them His respectful obeisances due to their being Godbrothers of His spiritual master. They both then embraced Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in love and affection
- When they met, the Lord would offer him respectful obeisances, considering him a Godbrother of His spiritual master. Ramacandra Puri's business, however, was to search for faults in the Lord