Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Caitanya's Spiritual Master
Pages in category "Caitanya's Spiritual Master"
The following 42 pages are in this category, out of 42 total.
- A brahmacari is supposed to serve the spiritual master; therefore Mahaprabhu did not negate that relationship of servitude to His spiritual master. Accepting such a position is favorable for the relationship between the disciple and the spiritual master
- Advaita Prabhu's aspiration was to be a servant of the Lord, not His spiritual master. He therefore devised a plan to antagonize the Lord
- After describing the potency of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, My spiritual master taught Me another verse, advising Me to always keep it within My throat
- After saying this, Kesava Bharati, the spiritual master, went back to his village, Katwa. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu went there and accepted the renounced order of life (sannyasa)
- As such, it is not befitting that the guru's servant should engage in My personal service. Yet My spiritual master has given this order. What shall I do
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu, He is also incarnation of Krsna, but He accepted Isvara Puri as His guru. They do not require guru, but just to keep pace with the official program, even God personally, He accepted spiritual master
- Chanting the holy name in ecstasy causes Me to dance, laugh and cry. When My spiritual master heard all this, he smiled and then began to speak
- I (Caitanya) firmly believe in the words of My spiritual master. Although the Mayavadi philosophers do not like this chanting and dancing, I nevertheless perform it on the strength of his words
- I firmly believe in these words of My spiritual master, and therefore I always chant the holy name of the Lord, alone and in the association of devotees
- I saw that I had become mad by chanting the holy name, and I immediately submitted this at the lotus feet of my spiritual master
- In the Absolute world the fool is also the master and the master is also a fool in reciprocal exchange of dealings. Lord Caitanya also accepted Himself a great fool before His spiritual master and all of us must follow the transcendental process
- Isvara Puri, the spiritual master of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, performed service to Madhavendra Puri, cleaning up his stool and urine with his own hand
- It is not befitting that the guru's servant (Govinda dasa) should engage in My personal service. Yet My spiritual master has given this order. What shall I (Lord Caitanya) do?
- Lord Caitanya firmly believed in the statements of His spiritual master, and He never neglected the instructions of His spiritual master by stopping His sankirtana movement
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the spiritual master of the fourteen worlds, but You say that someone else is His spiritual master. This is not supported by any revealed scripture
- Lord Caitanya respected Advaita Acarya as His spiritual master, but Advaita Acarya Prabhu was greatly aggrieved by such behavior
- Lord Caitanya's spiritual master instructed Him that one must read Srimad-Bhagavatam regularly and with scrutiny to gradually become attached to the chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- Saying this, My spiritual master taught Me a verse from Srimad-Bhagavatam. It is the essence of all the Bhagavatam's instructions; therefore he recited this verse again and again
- Seeing Brahmananda Bharati wearing the deerskin, Caitanya Mahaprabhu pretended not to see him. Instead, He asked Mukunda Datta, "Where is Brahmananda Bharati, My spiritual master"
- Since I received this order from My spiritual master, I always chant the holy name, but I thought that by chanting and chanting the holy name I had been bewildered
- Sri Advaita Acarya thinks, "Lord Caitanya considers Me His spiritual master, yet I feel Myself to be only His servant"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not consider the offenses of Ramacandra Puri, for the Lord considered him His spiritual master. However, his character instructed everyone about the result of offending the spiritual master
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied to Prakasananda Sarasvati, "My dear sir, kindly hear the reason. My spiritual master considered Me a fool, and therefore he chastised Me"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "My spiritual master, Isvara Puri, always favors Me with paternal affection. Therefore, out of his causeless mercy, he has sent you here"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Both the S P of Godhead and My spiritual master, Isvara Puri, are completely independent. Therefore neither the mercy of the S P of Godhead nor that of Isvara Puri is subject to any Vedic rules and regulations"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "I never chanted and danced to make an artificial show. I dance and chant because I firmly believe in the words of My spiritual master"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "You are on the platform of My spiritual master, and I am your disciple. Since you are My spiritual master, it is not befitting that you offer Me obeisances"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sometimes accepted Ramacandra Puri as His master and considered Himself a servant, and sometimes the Lord, not caring for him, would see him as being just like a straw
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu thus posed Himself as a disciple and accepted Brahmananda Bharati as His spiritual master. He then said, "The disciple is certainly defeated in an argument with the spiritual master"
- Sri Madhavendra Puri had many renowned disciples, such as Nityananda Prabhu, Advaita Prabhu and Isvara Puri. Isvara Puri happened to be the spiritual master of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Sridhara Svami is the spiritual master of the entire world because by his mercy we can understand Srimad-Bhagavatam. I (Caitanya Mahaprabhu) therefore accept him as a spiritual master
- The Lord remained there because He was very eager to receive the remnants of sweet rice offered to the Gopinatha Deity, having heard a narration from His spiritual master, Isvara Puri, of what had once happened there
- Thinking "He (Sri Advaita Acarya) is a disciple of Sri Madhavendra Puri," Lord Caitanya obeys Him, respecting Him as His spiritual master
- When Acyutananda heard from his father that Kesava Bharati was the spiritual master of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he was very unhappy
- When Paramananda Puri and Brahmananda Bharati met Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the Lord offered them His respectful obeisances due to their being Godbrothers of His spiritual master. They both then embraced Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in love and affection
- When they met, the Lord would offer him respectful obeisances, considering him a Godbrother of His spiritual master. Ramacandra Puri's business, however, was to search for faults in the Lord