Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"Breathing Exercise" |"Breathing Exercises"
Pages in category "Breathing Exercise"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.
- After sitting in the above manner, make the mind remember the three transcendental letters (a-u-m), and by regulating the breathing process, control the mind so as not to forget the transcendental seed
- After sitting on your seat, practice the three kinds of breathing exercises, and thus gradually control the life air, the mind and the senses. Completely free yourself from all material contamination, and with great patience begin to meditate on the SPG
- In Bhagavad-gita it is said that one must practice the breathing exercise (abhyasa-yoga-yuktena). By virtue of these processes of control, the mind cannot wander to external thoughts (cetasa nanya-gamina)
- In the fourth month Dhruva Maharaja became a complete master of the breathing exercise, and thus he inhaled air only every twelfth day. In this way he became completely fixed in his position and worshiped the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The apana air goes downward, and the prana air goes up. The pranayama-yogi practices breathing the opposite way until the currents are neutralized into puraka equilibrium
- The eight principles of sankhya-yoga - observing the regulative principles, following the rules, practicing the various sitting postures, performing the breathing exercises, withdrawing one's senses from the sense objects
- The mind, by nature, is always oscillating, for it is very fickle, but the breathing exercise is meant to control it. This process of controlling the mind might have been very possible in those days millions of years ago
- The vivid example verifying this statement is Visvamitra Muni. He was a great yogi who practiced a breathing exercise, but when he was visited by Menaka, a society woman of the heavenly planets, he lost all control & begot in her a daughter, Sakuntala
- The yogis who become detached from the material world by practice of breathing exercises and control of the mind reach the planet of Brahma, which is far, far away
- The yogis who practice such breathing exercises are very soon freed from all mental disturbances, just as gold, when put into fire and fanned with air, becomes free from all impurities
- The yogis who try to elevate themselves by controlling the senses and who meditate upon Me by practicing the breathing exercise of pranayama are not so thoroughly freed from material desires
- There the great sage concentrated his mind by the yogic breathing exercises, and thereby controlling all attachment, he remained standing on one leg only, eating nothing but air, and stood there on one leg for one hundred years
- These recommended processes (inhaling the breath, sustaining it, and finally exhaling) can also be performed in the reverse order. After exhaling, one can keep the air outside for some time and then inhale
- This breathing exercise is meant to mechanically make the mind fixed upon a particular subject. That is the result of the breathing exercise and also of the different sitting postures of yoga
- While Atri Muni was engaged in these severe austerities, a blazing fire came out of his head by virtue of his breathing exercise, and that fire was seen by the three principal deities of the three worlds
- While continuously staring at the tip of the nose, a learned yogi practices the breathing exercises through the technical means known as puraka, kumbhaka and recaka - controlling inhalation and exhalation and then stopping them both