Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"bodily feature"|"bodily features"
query: "bod* feature*"@5
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Akrti (2 P)
- ► Beautiful Bodily Features (26 P)
- ► Physiognomy (5 P)
Pages in category "Bodily Features"
The following 61 pages are in this category, out of 61 total.
- A person who is in a jubilant spirit, who feels profound devotional ecstasy while dancing before Me, who manifests different features of bodily expression, can burn away all the accumulated sinful reactions he has stocked up for many thousands of years
- Ajamila saw three awkward persons with deformed bodily features, fierce, twisted faces, and hair standing erect on their bodies. With ropes in their hands, they had come to take him away to the abode of Yamaraja
- Amongst all the anugas, Raktaka is considered to be the chief. The description of his bodily features is as follows
- Another devotee said, "My dear friend, my youthful beauty is as temporary as lightning in the sky, and therefore, my possessing attractive bodily features is unimportant"
- As there are different bodily features between bodies in different planets, similarly the bodily features of the inhabitants in Vaikunthaloka are completely different from those in the material universe
- Bodily features, nature and form are the personal characteristics. Knowledge of His activities provides the marginal characteristics
- Brahma Purana said, "Even the demigods from higher planetary systems see the inhabitants of this Jagannatha Puri as having exactly the same features of body as are possessed by one in Vaikuntha"
- By good work only, as prescribed in the scriptures, can one obtain birth in a good family, opulence, good education and good bodily features. We see also that even in this life one obtains a good education or money by good work
- By seeing his bodily features when he was in perfect ecstasy, persons very poor in spiritual understanding became purified. In other words, Prahlada Maharaja bestowed upon them transcendental bliss
- By seeing the expression of the bodily features, one can understand whether the soul is happy or not
- He had handsome bodily features, and he was learned and youthful, but he could not tolerate the statement that simply by glimpsing the awakening of the Lord's holy name one can attain liberation
- He has His form, qualities & features; & similarly His order carriers, the Vaisnavas, who are very beautiful, possess bodily features, transcendental qualities & a transcendental nature almost like His
- Here in this material world we act, and the result is there. Because as soon as you act, there will be some result, good or bad. By good result we get good birth, good money, good bodily feature, good education - these are the effects of good work
- His (Balarama's) bodily features became so much agitated that it was difficult for anyone to look at Him. He laughed very loudly
- His (Vidyadhara, the serpent's) bodily features were so beautiful that he appeared to be worshipable. There was a luster and effulgence emanating from his body, and he was garlanded with a gold necklace
- His body had all good features, he was stout and strong like a lion, and he was decorated with bangles. In his hand he carried a jug filled to the top with nectar
- How a beautiful woman's movements and gestures, her hair and the structure of her breasts, hips and other bodily features attract the minds not only of men but of demigods also is very finely described
- I (Agnidhra) cannot imagine how the residents of that place have gotten such wonderful bodily features as your (Purvacitti's) raised breasts, which agitate the mind and eyes of a person like me who sees them
- If one worships the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the original person, even once, he receives the benefit of being promoted to the spiritual world and possessing the same bodily features as Visnu
- It is said, "All the associates of Lord Krsna have lustrous bodily features, and their eyes are just like lotus flowers"
- Persons whose bodily features change in ecstasy and who breathe heavily and perspire due to hearing the glories of the Lord are promoted to the kingdom of God, even though they do not care for meditation and other austerities
- Prahlada Maharaja studied the bodily features of the saintly person, and through the saint's physiognomy Prahlada Maharaja could understand that he was intelligent and expert
- The aggregate of all these bodily features are manifest only in the bodies of great personalities
- The bodily features of the inhabitants in Vaikunthaloka are completely different from those in the material universe. For example, the four hands are distinct from the two hands in this world
- The description of Nanda Maharaj's bodily features is as follows. The hairs on his head are generally black, but some of them are grey. His garments are of greenish color, like the new-grown leaves of a banyan tree
- The impetus to fraternal love upon seeing the associates of Krsna in Vrndavana is also very natural, for their personal bodily features, their qualities and dress are all equal to Krsna's
- The inhabitants of the Vaikuntha planets are described as having a glowing sky-bluish complexion. Their eyes resemble lotus flowers, their dress is of yellowish color, and their bodily features very attractive
- The Lord discloses to the devotee His unlimited varieties of transcendental bodies, all identical with one another with different kinds of bodily features
- The Lord's beauty resembles a dark cloud during the rainy season. As the rainfall glistens, His bodily features also glisten. Indeed, He is the sum total of all beauty
- The order carriers of Lord Visnu, who are worshiped even by the demigods, possess wonderful bodily features exactly like those of Visnu and are very rarely seen
- The sastras state that the following bodily features indicate a great personality: a reddish luster in seven places - the eyes, the palms, the soles, the palate, the lips, the tongue, and the nails
- The tad-ekatma-rupa forms exist simultaneously with the svayam-rupa form and are nondifferent. At the same time, their bodily features and specific activities appear to be different
- The tad-ekatma-rupa is that form which most resembles the svayam-rupa, but there are some differences in the bodily features. The tad-ekatma-rupa is divided into two manifestations: the personal expansion (svamsa) and the pastime expansion (vilasa)
- The Vraja-devis have diverse bodily features. They are Her expansions and are the instruments for expanding rasa
- Their (Anugas) colors are like black bees and the golden moon, and they are dressed just to suit their particular special bodily features
- These two demons who appeared in ancient times soon began to exhibit uncommon bodily features; they had steellike frames which began to grow just like two great mountains
- Those who want to be relieved from the material clutches give up the worship of the various demigods who have fearful bodily features. Such peaceful devotees, who are not envious of the demigods, worship the different forms of the S P of God, Narayana
- Three men with very beautiful bodily features emerged from the lake. They were nicely dressed and decorated with earrings and garlands of lotuses. All of them were of the same standard of beauty
- To execute his duties properly Maharaja Priyavrata took advantage of his good wife Barhismati, who was always very expert in pleasing her great husband by properly dressing herself, smiling, and exhibiting her feminine bodily features
- We request all the members of the Krsna consciousness movement - both men and women - not to be attracted by bodily features but only to be attracted by Krsna
- When a woman's bodily features are attractive, when her face is beautiful and when her voice is sweet, she is naturally a trap for a man
- When He (Krsna) saw that they continued to smile, He said, "I very much appreciate your bodily features. All of you have nice, very thin waists." All of the gopis there were exquisitely beautiful
- When he (Pralambasura) appeared in his real feature, he was decorated with a golden helmet and earrings and looked just like a cloud with lightning carrying the moon
- When she did so, many other she-goats also desired him as their husband because he had a very beautiful bodily structure and a nice mustache and beard and was expert in discharging semen and in the art of sexual intercourse
- When the bodily features are delicate and expertly curved, and when the eyebrows are very beautifully agitated, the ornament of feminine charm, called lalita alankara, is manifest
- When the gopis saw that Uddhava was representing Krsna even in his bodily features, they thought he must be a soul completely surrendered unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- When the Lord manifests His vilasa expansions they are all somewhat different in their bodily features. Lord Balarama is the first vilasa expansion of Lord Krsna, and the four-handed Narayana forms in Vaikuntha expand from Balarama