birthplace | birthplaces
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Birthplace"
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total.
- A human being is thus impeded (by the desires for acquiring a house, possessing land, having children & becoming prominent in society, the affection for community & the place of birth & the hankering for wealth) in his progress toward self-realization
- A lotus flower then sprouted from the lotus navel of that Garbhodakasayi Visnu. That lotus flower became Lord Brahma's birthplace
- After accepting sannyasa, it is not the duty of a sannyasi to remain at his birthplace, encircled by relatives
- After their (his father and mother's) death, Jagadisa, with his wife Duhkhini and brother Mahesa, left his birthplace and came to Sri Mayapur to live in the company of Jagannatha Misra and other Vaisnavas
- I offer my full obeisances unto the feet of Sri Nityananda Rama, a partial part of whom is Garbhodakasayi Visnu. From the navel of Garbhodakasayi Visnu sprouts the lotus that is the birthplace of Brahma, the engineer of the universe
- It is a matter of great regret that recently in my birthplace, West Bengal, there are some who are making agitations and various uncalled for remarks without knowing the real facts. All these have pained me to a great extent
- The desires for acquiring a house, possessing land, having children and becoming prominent in society, the affection for community and the place of birth, and the hankering for wealth, are all like phantasmagoria or illusory dreams
- The desires for acquiring a house, possessing land, having children and becoming prominent in society, the affection for community and the place of birth, and the hankering for wealth, encumber a human being
- The power of speaking is called Sarasvati, or the goddess of learning, and the birthplace of the goddess of learning is the mouth of Brahma
- Thinking of her (Kunti's) birthplace and beginning to cry, she asked Akrura whether her father, mother, brothers, sisters and other friends at home still remembered her. She especially inquired about Krsna and Balarama, her glorious nephews