Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"belongs to" | "belonging to" | "belong to" | "belonged to"
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Belong To"
The following 274 pages are in this category, out of 274 total.
- Acyuta-gotra, again belonging to the family of Krsna
- Designations belong to the body, but we are not these bodies
- One who considers the arca-murti, the worshipable Deity of Lord Visnu, to be stone, the spiritual master to be an ordinary human being, and a Vaisnava to belong to a particular caste or creed is possessed of hellish intelligence
- There are many unauthorized parties pretending to belong to the Sri Caitanya cult, and some are known as aula, baula, kartabhaja, neda, daravesa, sani, sahajiya, sakhibheki, smarta, jata-gosani, ativadi, cudadhari and gauranga-nagari
- A foolish person indulges in killing animals to maintain the body, but he does not consider whether the body belongs to him or to his father or mother or maternal grandfather
- A forest fire begins when two pieces of wood rub against one another, being agitated by the wind. Actually, however, fire belongs neither to the wood nor to the wind; it is always different from both
- A man belonging to the mercantile community (vanik) is always interested in earning money. Sometimes he enters the forest to acquire some cheap commodities like wood and earth and sell them in the city at good prices
- Above this planetary system is Bhuvarloka. Above that is Svarloka (the moon belongs to the Svarloka planetary system). Above Svarloka is Maharloka; above that is Janaloka; and above that is Satyaloka
- According to astrological calculation, a person is classified according to whether he belongs to the godly or demoniac quality. In that way the spouse was selected. A girl of godly quality should be handed over to a boy of godly quality
- According to spiritual communism, all properties on the surface of the globe belong to the Supreme Personality of Godhead. The population has a right to use goods only after offering them to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- According to the Vedic version, a Vaisnava is never to be considered an abrahmana, or non-brahmana. A Vaisnava should not be thought to belong to a lower caste even if born in a mleccha or yavana family
- According to Vedic civilization, a brahmana, or one who is properly qualified to understand the Absolute Truth - one belonging to the intelligent social order - as well as the devotee of Lord Krsna is not subject to the rules and regulations of the state
- Actually we belong to the caste of meat-eaters because we are servants of meat-eaters. Indeed, our activities are exactly like those of the meat-eaters. Because we always associate with such people, we are inimical toward the cows and brahmanas
- Actually, the kingdom belonged to Bhisma, but he remained a brahmacari, he did not marry. There was no issue of Bhismadeva. Therefore his nephews, Dhrtarastra and Pandu, they were inheritor
- After giving up the body of a deer, Bharata Maharaja took birth in a very pure brahmana family. There was a brahmana who belonged to the dynasty of Angira. He was fully qualified with brahminical qualifications
- After sunrise the gopis came as usual to offer their respects to Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda, but when they saw the golden chariot of Uddhava at the door, they began to inquire among themselves: What was that chariot, and to whom did it belong
- Akrura, who belonged to the dynasty of Yadu, explained the recent events in Mathura, including Kamsa’s attempt to kill Vasudeva, the father of Krsna
- All the kings present, belonging to the Kuru dynasty, Matsya dynasty, Kekaya dynasty and Srnjaya dynasty, were very angry and immediately took up their swords and shields to kill Sisupala
- All the Mulliks of the De family originally belong to the same family and gotra. We also formerly belonged to the branch of the De family whose members, intimately connected with the Muslim rulers, received the title Mullik
- All the swamis and yogis who came here, they do not belong to this parampara system, so therefore they are not bona fide guru. They are presenting themselves as guru, but they are not guru
- All the Vedas - the Rg Veda, Yajur Veda, Sama Veda and Atharva Veda, along with their corollaries, known as siksa, kalpa, vyakarana, nirukta, chanda and jyotisa - belong to the inferior system of material knowledge (apara vidya)
- Also, the apartment belonging to my maternal aunt is in a very solitary place. Make all arrangements for Him to stay there
- Although living entities belong to the marginal energy of the Supreme Lord, they are in material contamination. They think themselves enjoyers, but they are not the supreme enjoyer
- Although the brahmana belonged to the Sanodiya community, Srila Madhavendra Puri had seen that he behaved like a Vaisnava and had therefore accepted him as his disciple. The food he had cooked had also been accepted by Madhavendra Puri
- Although the King is respectful toward You, he still belongs to the yavana class and should not be believed. We think that there is no need for such a great crowd to accompany You on Your pilgrimage to Vrndavana
- Although the living being has the tendency to be illusioned and trapped by the material energy, he belongs to the antimaterial energy, or spiritual energy. In this sense the living being is the positive energy, whereas matter is the negative
- Although the living being has the tendency to be illusioned by the material energy for sense enjoyment, he belongs to the antimaterial, or spiritual energy. In this sense the living being is the positive energy, whereas matter is the negative energy
- Anyone who is not Krsna conscious, he is, more or less, like cats and dogs. Maybe bigger dog, bigger cat. Just like amongst the dogs, there are different varieties also. So similarly he belongs to that dog, cat class
- Arjuna met Ulupi at Haridvara and was attracted by that girl, who belonged to Nagaloka, and thus Iravan was born. Similarly, he met Citrangada, a daughter of the King of Manipura, and thus Babhruvahana was born
- Arjuna, after seeing the other party, that the other party, all of them belonged to his family, all family members, because it was fight between cousin brothers, so he became compassionate
- As long as one identifies himself as belonging to a certain family, a certain society or a certain person, he is said to be covered with designations
- As long as one thinks that everything belongs to him, he is in material consciousness, and when he knows perfectly that everything belongs to Krsna, he is in Krsna consciousness
- As one cannot treat one part of his body differently from another part, because they all belong to the same body, a Vaisnava does not see a human being as distinct from an animal because in both he sees the soul and the Supersoul seated together
- At the end of life the body belongs to the fire, because the body is given to the fire and burned to ashes. Or the body is thrown into the street to be eaten by the dogs and vultures
- At the end of the month of January in the year 1432 sakabda (A.D. 1510), Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepted the sannyasa order from Kesava Bharati, who belonged to the Sankara-sampradaya
- At the present moment, our senses are all designated because the body is designated. Consequently we think that this body belongs to a particular society or a particular country or a particular family. In this way the body is bound
- Because a brahmana depends on his disciples, when Sarmistha was heavily rebuked by Devayani she charged Devayani with belonging to a family of crowlike beggars. It is the nature of women to fight verbally at even a slight provocation
- Because I (Vasudeva) am afraid of Kamsa You have appeared just to deliver me from that fear. You do not belong to this material world; You are the same person who brings about the cosmic manifestation simply by glancing over material nature
- Before committing all kinds of sins to maintain the body, one should understand to whom the body belongs
- Bewildering the conditioned souls and liberating the devotees are both functions belonging to yogamaya
- Bhavananda Raya was the father of Sri Ramananda Raya. His residence was in Alalanatha (Brahmagiri), which is about twelve miles west of Jagannatha Puri. By caste he belonged to the karana community of Orissa
- Both Hiranya Majumadara and Govardhana Majumadara were very opulent and magnanimous. They were well behaved and devoted to brahminical culture. They belonged to an aristocratic family, and among religionists they were predominant
- Brahma said, "Other demons belonging to the same family, such as Aghasura and Bakasura, were also favored with liberation and achieved You. Under the circumstances, I am puzzled"
- Brahmanas generally act as spiritual masters of two dynasties. One is their disciplic succession, and the other is the dynasty born of their semen. Both descendants belong to the same gotra, or dynasty
- By falsely claiming that "This land, this land of America, belongs to the Americans; the land of Africa belongs to the Africans." No. Every land belongs to God. We are different sons of God in different dresses
- Demigods and all other living entities belong to the energy principle, as does the universe itself. No one but the Lord and His plenary expansions are in the category of the energetic principle
- Devaki and Rohini said, "Actually They are not our sons; They belong to you. Nanda Maharaja and you (Yasodadevi) are the real father and mother of Krsna and Balarama"
- Devotional service is divided into two categories - namely vidhi-marga and raga-marga. The process of becoming friends with the Lord and sacrificing everything for Him belongs to the category of raga-marga, the stage of developed devotional service
- Do you belong to the Arjuna category? No. We are thousand times lower than Arjuna's category. And what was impossible for Arjuna, do you think it is possible for you?
- Drauni (Asvatthama), although he belonged to the brahmana family and he accepted the profession of a ksatriya, he degraded so much that he cut off the heads of five sons of Draupadi while they were sleeping
- During this time, a Vaisnava named Krsnadasa came to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He was a householder belonging to the ksatriya caste, and his house was located on the other side of the Yamuna
- Every human being should try to become very important. That importance can be achieved by culture, and not by simply "I belong to this nation. I belong to this family. I am the son of such big father." No. You must be also qualified
- Everything belongs to God. Just like everything belongs to government, either in the prison house or outside the prison house, similarly, this material world is just like prison house, conditioned life
- Everything belongs to God; nothing belongs to us. This is Bhagavata communism. As the communists, they say, "Everything belongs to the state," we say "Everything belongs to God"
- Everything belongs to the brahmanas, but the ksatriya government and the mercantile people keep everything in custody, like bankers, and whenever the brahmanas need money, the ksatriyas and vaisyas should supply it
- Factually, the Lord is not formless, nor does He belong to any of the multiforms experienced within the universal forms
- False ego is typified by two attitudes: "I am this body" (ahanta), and "Everything in my bodily relationships belongs to me" (mamata)
- Foolish persons are engaged in committing all sorts of sins due to the misconception of identifying the material body with the self. But one should be intelligent enough to understand to whom the body belongs
- Foolish persons commit all kinds of sinful activities on account of the temporary body, and they are even unable to consider whether the body actually belongs to them
- From Mrkanda, Markandeya Muni was born, and from Prana the sage Vedasira, whose son was Usana (Sukracarya), also known as Kavi. Thus Kavi also belonged to the descendants of the Bhrgu dynasty
- From Nityananda Prabhu, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard the story of Ksira-curi Gopinatha and of the witness Gopala. Then Nityananda Prabhu broke the sannyasa rod belonging to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Gauda, Bengal is also Gauda, and the Vaisnavas belonging to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's cult, they are called Gaudiya-Vaisnava, Bengali Vaisnava
- Generally brahmanas are puffed up with false prestige because they belong to the aristocracy and perform many Vedic sacrifices. In South India especially, this fastidious position is most prominent
- Generally it is said that the body belongs to the persons who feed it. One might therefore consider whether the body belongs to one personally or to the master to whom one renders service
- Generally the great acaryas who preach devotional service all over the world belong to the category of sakhyam atma-nivedanam. A neophyte devotee cannot actually become a preacher
- God conscious and atheistic people, what is the difference? The difference is that atheistic person thinks "mine." "Everything mine. I am the lord of all I survey. I am the king. I am the leader. I am everything, and everything belongs to me"
- God's property, why you should fight among themselves? Property belongs to somebody else. Insanity. Just like this is government park. Anyone can come in. Everyone can equally enjoy
- Gopala Bhatta formerly belonged to the disciplic succession of the Ramanuja-sampradaya but later became part of the Gaudiya-sampradaya
- Govinda Ghosa belonged to the kayastha dynasty of the Uttara-radhiya section, and he was known as Ghosa Thakura. Even to the present day there is a place named Agradvipa, near Katwa, where a fair takes place and is named after Ghosa Thakura
- Haridasa Thakura, he belonged to the Muhammadan community. He was made namacarya, the principal acarya of this chanting Hare Krsna. That is the revolutionary method of Caitanya
- He (Arjuna) besieged a city of the name Ahichhatra, belonging to Maharaja Drupada, and after taking it over he gave it to Dronacarya
- He (Arjuna) met Ulupi at Haridvara (Hardwar) and was attracted by that girl, who belonged to Nagaloka, and thus Iravan was born. Similarly, he met Citrangada, a daughter of the King of Manipura, and thus Babhruvahana was born
- He (Bali Maharaja) thought that since he had been defamed for his inability to fulfill his promise of charity, and since the body belonged to him, he would free himself from defamation by offering his body
- He (Kamadeva) belongs to the category of jiva-tattva, but for exhibiting special power in the category of demigods he was a part and parcel of the superprowess of Pradyumna. That is the verdict of the Gosvamis
- He (Kasisvara Gosani) was a disciple of Isvara Puri and son of Vasudeva Bhattacarya, who belonged to the dynasty of Kanjilala Kanu
- He (Vyasadeva) belongs to the Brahma-sampradaya and is a direct disciple of Narada Muni
- High-class brahmanas who belong to the non-Vaisnava community
- I am now prepared to give you all benedictions, according to your desire. I belong to the celestial world of demigods, who do not die like human beings. Therefore, although you are subject to death, your audience with me will not go in vain
- I am so glad to hear that the devotees are appreciating that everything belongs to Krishna. That attitude is very nice and should be maintained. Actually it is a fact. By illusion only we think things belong to someone else
- I am surprised that such bogus letters have come from parties claiming to belong to our centers. Our disciple Krishna das is in Germany, not in Montreal. Anyway, such irresponsible letters dispatched from our temples must be stopped immediately
- I belong to a community of cowherd boys, and therefore I generally have many cowherd associates with Me. I am happy when we eat together in a picnic like this by the sandy bank of the river
- I belong to the Rajaputa caste, and my home is just on the other side of the river Yamuna. But I wish to be the servant of a Vaisnava
- I belong to this community
- I came to America in 1965, and since then I have many followers belonging to both Christian and Jewish faiths
- I dreamt that John took me in a place at Calcutta and he was showing me a house, a big palatial building, which formerly belonged to a very rich man, and he was a famous musician also
- I have come with this body given by God, open-handed, without any asset. And I shall pass away from this world leaving this body open-handed. So actually nothing belongs to me. It is simply maya, illusion
- I have several times said that most of the Europeans, they belong to the original ksatriyas
- If he (one) doesn’t, if he degrades himself further, he is then called a mleccha or yavana. Kalayavana belonged to the class of mlecchas and yavanas. Contaminated by sinful activities, he could not approach Krsna
- If human society unlawfully claims that the property of the universe, either partially or wholly, belongs to mankind, all of human society will be cursed
- If the total populace is untruthful, how can the state be happy? Therefore, without consideration of one's belonging to a sectarian religion, whether Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Buddhist or any other sect, everyone should be taught to become truthful
- If you have a tilaka and a kanthi, that does not mean that you belong to the Krsna consciousness movement. Any cheater can do that. You must know the philosophy
- In a valley of Trikuta Mountain there was a garden called Rtumat. This garden belonged to the great devotee Varuna and was a sporting place for the damsels of the demigods. Flowers and fruits grew there in all seasons
- In India every Hindu, even those not belonging to the Vaisnava group, take special care of the tulasi tree. Even in great cities where it is very difficult to keep a tulasi tree, people are to be found very carefully keeping this plant
- In India there are some people who say that they belong to this cult but who are actually very envious of the acarya
- In that history of greater India, there is a, there was a fight between two cousin-brothers, the Pandavas and the Kurus. The Pandavas and Kurus, they belonged to the same family known as Kuru dynasty
- In the assembly where mother Sita was to choose her husband, in the midst of the heroes of this world, He (Lord Ramacandra) broke the bow belonging to Lord Siva
- In the Caitanya-caritamrta the pure devotee is called niskama, which means he has no desire for self-interest. Perfect peace belongs to him alone, not to them who strive for personal gain
- In the human society, whether one is a laborer, merchant, administrator or farmer, or even if one belongs to the highest class and is a literary man, a scientist or a theologian, he has to work in order to maintain his existence
- In the meantime, Krsna engaged in the pastime of offering the Khandava forest, which belonged to Indra. Krsna wanted to give it to Agni, the fire-god. The Khandava forest contained many varieties of drugs, & Agni required to eat them for rejuvenation
- In the sense that they do not belong to disciplic succession, in that sense Christ, Buddha, and the others are not bona fide. But because they have got some special power we accept them as bona fide
- In the Vedic civilization the land was given to the people for cultivation not for ownership, and a tax was collected which was 25% of the person's income. The land belonged to the state and the man would cultivate it and pay 25% to the state
- In Vallabhapura there was a permanent arrangement to cook nine kilos of rice, vegetables and other foodstuffs daily, and near the village there is sufficient land, which belonged to the Deity, on which this rice was grown
- Indeed, the caudhuri was afraid of Raghunatha dasa because Raghunatha dasa belonged to the kayastha community. Although the caudhuri would chastise him with oral vibrations, he was afraid to beat him
- Iravati, being the daughter of Maharaja Uttara, was the cousin-sister of Maharaja Pariksit, but cousin-brothers and -sisters were allowed to get married if they did not belong to the same gotra, or family
- It does not matter to what category of this world the audience belongs. If one meekly and submissively hears about the activities of the Lord from a realized soul, he will be able to conquer the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- It is beyond intellectual. The intellect also belong to the body. But understanding of the soul is beyond intellectual
- It is stated in the Katha Upanisad that eternality and the living force belong to both ourselves and God. Although this is true in that both God and ourselves are immortal, there is a difference
- It is very important to note in this connection how wealthy the inhabitants of Vrndavana were simply by raising cows. All the cowherd men belonged to the vaisya community, and their business was to protect the cows and cultivate crops
- Jagadisa Pandita belonged to the village of Yasada-grama, in the district of Nadia near the Cakadaha railway station. His father, the son of Bhatta Narayana, was named Kamalaksa
- Jnana means to understand that "I am not this material body. I do not belong to this material body. I am a spirit soul. I am part and parcel of Krsna. Krsna is the Supreme Spirit, and I belong to the spiritual world"
- Just as there are many hundreds of thousands of higher planets above this earth, so there are many millions and billions of spiritual planets belonging to the spiritual sky
- Just like Lord Brahma. We belong to the Brahma-sampradaya. Brahma is the original spiritual master after Krsna. Brahma, then Narada, then Vyasadeva - like that
- Kamsa belonged to this demoniac group. He was also an expert diplomat, and so he quickly arranged for his demon friends to kill Krsna and Balarama
- King Dusmanta said: O most beautiful one (Sakuntala), it appears to my mind that you must be the daughter of a ksatriya. Because I belong to the Puru dynasty, my mind never endeavors to enjoy anything irreligiously
- Krishna Consciousness is the only truth that exists. Without Krishna Consciousness everything is illusion. You must not waste this life away thinking that everything belongs to you. Everything belongs to Krishna and it must be used in His service
- Krsna advised the brothers of Yudhisthira to collect the unclaimed property because it belonged to the King. The more astonishing thing is that no subject of the state also collected such unclaimed gold for industrial enterprise or anything like that
- Krsna continued, "My dear grandfather, out of fear of My late uncle Kamsa, all the kings belonging to the Yadu, Vrsni, Andhaka, Madhu, Dasarha and Kukura dynasties were very anxious and disturbed"
- Krsna replied, "You (Kings) all belong to ksatriya families. Therefore, you should live honestly, according to the prescribed duties befitting the royal order, and make your citizens happy in all respects. Keep to the standard of ksatriya life"
- Krsna says, "It is (varnasrama) introduced by Me for very good management of the social order." Brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya, sudra. So Arjuna belonged to the ksatriya family. Therefore his hesitation to fight in the battlefield is not befitting the Aryans
- Krsna's duty was to please all kinds of men belonging to the different castes, both in the city and within the palace compound. He made them happy by fulfilling their different desires, and when the Lord saw them happy He also became very much pleased
- Krsna's father's name was Vasudeva, son of Surasena, descending from the Yadu dynasty. Actually, the SP of Godhead does not belong to any dynasty of this material world, but the family in which the SP of Godhead appears becomes famous, by His grace
- Krsna, the SP of Godhead, belongs to everyone, but just as the sun rises from the east, although there are other directions from which it could rise, so by His own choice the Lord appears in a particular family, and that family becomes famous
- Kunti said, "if such great sages, who are transcendental to all the reactions of material existence, are unable to know You, then as far as we are concerned, belonging to the less intelligent woman class, how is it possible for us to know Your glories"
- Lord Krsna said, "We belong to the vaisya community, and our proper duty is to farm, to trade with the agricultural produce, to protect cows or to take to banking"
- Lord Siva and his followers in the parampara system try to save people from this dangerous condition of materialistic life. This is the duty of devotees following the principles of Lord Siva and belonging to the Rudra-sampradaya
- Madhavendra Puri belonged to the Madhva sampradaya; therefore our sampradaya is known as Brahma Madhva-Gaudiya sampradaya
- Madhumangala was an intimate friend of Krsna coming from the brahmana community. Krsna's friends were mostly cowherd boys belonging to the vaisya community, but there were others who belonged to the brahmana community
- Maharaja Ugrasena belonged to the Bhoja dynasty; therefore Krsna indirectly declared that the King of the Bhoja dynasty would be the emperor of the other small kingdoms
- Mahatmas are always anxious to preach the universal message of peace mentioned in the Bhagavad-gita and it does not matter in whatsoever Asrama he belongs to
- Mucukunda told Lord Krsna, "I belong to the most celebrated dynasty of King Iksvaku, but personally I am not as great as my forefather. My name is Mucukunda. My father’s name was Mandhata, and my grandfather was the great king Yuvanasva"
- Nanda Maharaja said, "We belong to the twice-born caste, and I am taking this opportunity of your presence. So please perform the name-giving ceremony without external pomp"
- Neither belonged to the brahmana community. Therefore, Krsna considered that the brahmanas engaged in performing sacrifices might not be induced to give charity to a ksatriya and vaisya
- Neither the Deity in the temple is stone, neither the spiritual master is ordinary human being, nor the Vaisnava belongs to any caste. This vision is perfect vision. When you come to this vision, that is bhakti
- Neither the petrol is false, neither God is false. Everything is right. But this conception, that "This petrol belongs to me," this is false. And as soon as this false conception is moved, that is Krsna consciousness
- No devotee should claim that any money or property belongs to him. If one thinks that any portion of property of this huge universe belongs to anyone, he is to be considered a thief and is punishable by the laws of nature
- No one can surpass the vigilance of material nature or hide his intentions from material nature. If human society unlawfully claims that the property of the universe, either partially or wholly, belongs to mankind, all of human society will be cursed
- No one knows (in modern times) who is a brahmana, who is a ksatriya, who is a vaisya or who is a sudra, and people claim to belong to a particular social order by birthright only
- No woman belongs to you
- Nothing belongs to me. Isavasyam idam sarvam, everything belongs to Krsna. Therefore our movement is for awakening this Krsna consciousness. We should know that everything belongs to Krsna
- O my Lord, I do not have any love for You, nor am I qualified for discharging devotional service by chanting and hearing. Nor do I possess the mystic power of a Vaisnava, knowledge or pious activities. Nor do I belong to a very high-caste family
- One should not wrongly think that the body belongs to him. To maintain a false possession, why should one indulge in killing? Why should one kill innocent animals to maintain the body?
- One should therefore accept only those things necessary for himself, which are set aside as his quota, and should not accept other things, knowing well to whom they belong
- One should try to discriminate between sexual love and pure love, for they belong to different categories, with a gulf of difference between them. They are as different from one another as iron is from gold
- One who has entered with the determination that "I must practice," so if he cannot practice, then why this makeshow that "I belong to Krsna consciousness movement. I am initiated." Why this farce?
- One who thinks the Vaisnava in the Acyuta-gotra to belong to a certain caste or creed or who thinks of caranamrta or Ganges water as ordinary water is taken to be a resident of hell
- Our (Prabhupada's) personal family is connected with the Mulliks of Mahatma Gandhi Road in Calcutta, and we often used to visit their Radha-Govinda temple. They belong to the same family as we do
- Our new year is every day because Krishna belongs to the nitya lila. Nitya lila means that all of His Pastimes are going on in either of the so many universes
- Our preachers mainly belong to European and American countries, yet by the grace of Lord Caitanya they have tremendous success wherever they go to open branches
- Our temple is situated at 7, Bury Place, London, but I am staying at the garden house belonging to Mr. John Lennon, a world-wide famous man in music and one of the richest men in England
- Persons who profess to belong to some religious sect but who do not feel the presence of the Supreme Personality of Godhead in every living entity, and everywhere else, are in the mode of ignorance
- Please do not neglect him, thinking he belongs to a sudra family engaged in material activities. It is my request that You meet him without fail
- Prahlada Maharaja replied that a man engrossed in the material consciousness of duality, thinking, "This is mine, and that belongs to my enemy," should give up his householder life and go to the forest to worship the Supreme Lord
- Pride, arrogance, conceit, anger, harshness and ignorance - these qualities belong to those of demoniac nature, O son of Prtha
- Ramananda Raya belonged to the second class. He was not a brahmana. In Orissa, the Karana, they are accepted as sudras
- Real fame belongs to one who attains Krsna consciousness in this very life
- Regarding my diary, you are right when you say that you would not see my personal belongings, that is a nice attitude, but still I have nothing to close from the eyes of my disciples
- Romaharsana Suta belonged to a pratiloma family because his father was a ksatriya and his mother a brahmana. Because Romaharsana's transcendental realization was not perfect, Lord Balarama remembered his pratiloma heritage
- Sahajiyas are amongst the thirteen rejected apa-sampradayas. In the name of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, there are so many apa-sampradayas. Apa-sampradaya means they present themselves as belonging to the Caitanya cult. But they are not at all bona fide
- Sambara, understanding that his enemy (Pradyumna) was formidable, took assistance from various kinds of demoniac mystic powers belonging to the Guhyakas, the Gandharvas, the Pisacas, the snakes and the Raksasas
- Sanatana Gosvami and Rupa Gosvami belonged to the Bharadvaja-gotra, which indicates that they belonged either to the family or disciplic succession of Bharadvaja Muni
- Sankhacuda also thought that since he belonged to the rich community of Kuvera, he, not Krsna and Balarama, should enjoy the company of so many beautiful girls. He therefore decided to take charge of them
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya continued, "Or, if I give up my own life, this sinful action may be atoned. However, neither of these ideas is befitting because both bodies belong to brahmanas"
- Satyaraja, Ramananda, Yadunatha, Purusottama, Sankara and Vidyananda all belonged to the twentieth branch. They were inhabitants of the village known as Kulina-grama
- Seeing the wonderful conversion of his native place, the brahmana (Sudama) began to think to himself, 'How am I seeing all these changes? Does this place belong to me or to someone else?'
- Similarly, the dictaphone or any other machine must be used. Our vision is that Krsna is everything. Krsna is the cause and effect, and nothing belongs to us. Krsna's things must be used in the service of Krsna. That is our vision
- Since I have come to the Western countries to preach this cult, my disciples have taken to this principle unhesitatingly although they belong to different faiths and cultures
- Sir, we belong to the lowest class of men, and our associates and employment are also of the lowest type. Therefore we cannot introduce ourselves to You. We feel very much ashamed, standing here before You
- Sisupala continued: "Krsna does not belong to a high family. He is so independent that no one knows His principles of religious life. Indeed, it appears that He is outside the jurisdiction of all religious principles"
- Sisupala said, "We cannot even ascertain which caste this Krsna belongs to or what His actual occupational duty is." Actually, Krsna does not belong to any caste, nor does He have to perform any occupational duty"
- So far I am concerned, I belong to Lord Caitanya's disciplic succession, and my spiritual master, who was just ninth generation from Lord Caitanya, ordered me that "You try to spread this Krsna consciousness in the Western world"
- Some of the rulers belonged to opposing parties, and some were friends. But above all, the visitors from Vrndavana were most prominent
- Somebody wants to become sir, lord, the president, or rich man, king. Because after all these designations belong to the body & we are not this body. This is the first conception of spiritual realization. So one has no attraction for designation
- Sometimes a father gives his daughter in charity to a person with a view of getting back the daughter’s child as a son. The body may also belong to a stronger man who forces it to work for him
- Sometimes a slave’s body is sold to a master, and from that day on the body belongs to the master
- Sometimes He (Nityananda) is accepted to be a disciple of Laksmipati Tirtha. If He is so accepted, Nityananda Prabhu belonged to the Madhva-sampradaya. He did not belong to the tantrika-sampradaya of Bengal
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepted the chain of disciplic succession from Madhva Acarya, but the Vaisnavas in His line do not accept the Tattva-vadis, who also claim to belong to the Madhva-sampradaya
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Don't touch him, for he belongs to a very low caste. You are a follower of Vedic principles and are a well experienced performer of many sacrifices. You also belong to the aristocracy"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then inquired whether he was Ramananda Raya, and he replied, "Yes, I am Your very low servant, and I belong to the sudra community"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu wanted to point out to the Tattvavadi acarya, who belonged to the Madhvacarya-sampradaya, that the general behavior of the Tattvavadis did not favor pure devotional service, which must be devoid of the taints of fruitive activity
- Sri Madhavendra Puri, the originator of the Madhva-Gaudiya-sampradaya, was a sannyasi (renunciant) who belonged to the Madhvacarya disciplic succession
- Sri Murari Gupta wrote a book called Sri Caitanya-carita. He belonged to a vaidya physician family of Srihatta, the paternal home of Lord Caitanya, and later became a resident of Navadvipa
- Sri Sanatana Gosvami, although he belonged to a most respectable brahmana family, was exceptional for his humility and meekness
- Sridhara Maharaja belonged to the Bagh Bazaar party. And I was living aloof. My Guru Maharaja approved. He said, "It is better that he is aloof from them"
- Srila Madhvacarya, the original acarya for those who belong to the Madhva-Gaudiya-sampradaya
- Srila Rupa Gosvami and Sanatana Gosvami belonged to a very respectful family, but because they engaged in the service of Nawab Hussain Shah - not even as ordinary clerks, but as ministers - they were ostracized from brahminical society
- Suppose a living entity is now in a human form of body. He thinks that he belongs to the human community, or a particular country or particular place. He identifies himself in that way and unnecessarily prepares for another body
- That this voice does not belong to this universe
- That was the position of the two brothers, Dabira Khasa and Sakara Mallika. They belonged to the highly situated sarasvata-brahmana community, but they were ostracized due to their acceptance of ministerial posts in the government of Hussain Shah
- The attraction between man and woman is the cause of bondage for both. Actually both belong to the para prakrti, the superior energy of the Lord, but both are actually prakrti - female
- The brahmacaris, the grhasthas, the vanaprasthas and the sannyasis all belong to the same mission of life, namely, realization of the Supreme
- The brahmana belonged to the Sanodiya brahmana community, and a sannyasi does not accept food from such a brahmana
- The brothers Jagai and Madhai belonged to the brahmana caste, and their residence was in the holy place of Navadvipa. They never served low-class persons, nor were they instruments to abominable activities
- The cashier may count millions of dollars for his employer, but he does not claim a cent for himself. Similarly, one has to realize that nothing in the world belongs to any individual person, but that everything belongs to the Supreme Lord
- The day and the night are divided into eight praharas - four belonging to the day and four belonging to the night. After eight praharas, the sun rises again
- The devotee Krsnadasa, who belonged to the Rajaputa race, was very fearless. The Sanodiya brahmana was also fearless, and he spoke very bravely
- The disciplic succession following Caitanya, are distinct from the Tattvavadis, although they belong to the same Tattvavada-sampradaya. The followers of Caitanya are therefore known as the Madhva-Gaudiya-sampradaya
- The earth belongs to God. Everything belongs to God
- The elephants, chariots, horses and infantry belonging to the opposite party were scattered by the weapons of Krsna. Indeed, the whole battlefield became strewn with smashed chariots and the bodies of men and animals
- The family in which Krsna appeared is called the Yadu dynasty. This Yadu dynasty belongs to the family descending from Soma, the god in the moon planet
- The gopis said, "Within these three worlds there is no distinction between men and women in relation to You because both men and women belong to the marginal potency, or prakrti"
- The idea that "I am this body, and everything belonging to this body is mine" increases, and as the whole world is put into moha, sectarian societies, families and nationalities are created, and they fight with one another
- The identity of Narayana with the supreme cause has also been accepted and confirmed by Sripada Sankaracarya, even though Sankara does not belong to the Vaisnava, or personalist, cult
- The Indo-European stock, they are also coming from the ksatriyas. From the history of Mahabharata, we can understand the Aryan families who migrated to Europe, they also belonged to this surya-vamsa or candra-vamsa
- The knowledge which the pigeons, the cats and dogs have got, we are lacking in that knowledge, that the whole thing belongs to the Supreme Lord and we can accept them, whatever we need, not more than that
- The liberated living entities belong to that place where there are no material miseries
- The living entities belong to the category of superior energy. The inferior energy, or material energy, is called apara prakrti. In the Bhagavad-gita the creative energy is thus presented in two forms, namely apara and para prakrti
- The living entities belong to the eternal superior nature of the Lord, but due to contamination by the inferior nature, matter, their illusion is also eternal
- The living entity is eternal and imperishable because he actually has no beginning and no end. He never takes birth or dies. He is the basic principle of all types of bodies, yet he does not belong to the bodily category
- The longest duration of one hundred years belongs to Brahma, but although the life of Brahma is very long, it expires in the course of time
- The Lord replied, "My dear mother, please hear. This body belongs to you. I do not possess anything"
- The master claims full right to the bodies of slaves because the master feeds them. It may also be questioned whether the body belongs to the father, who is the seed-giving master of the body, or to the mother, who develops the child’s body in her womb
- The Mayavadi sannyasis, not understanding Sridhara Svami, sometimes think that Sridhara Svami belonged to the Mayavada ekadanda-sannyasa community. Actually this was not the case
- The moon, the sun and higher planets are called Svargaloka. There are three different statuses of planets: higher, middle and lower planetary systems. The earth belongs to the middle planetary system
- The opulences belonging to all the personal expansions of Krsna are to be understood to be bestowed by Krsna; therefore Krsna is the original source and shelter of everyone
- The original potency of Lord Visnu is superior, or spiritual, and the living entity actually belongs to that superior energy. But there is another energy, called the material energy, and this third energy is full of ignorance
- The original source of knowledge is the Vedas. There are no branches of knowledge, either mundane or transcendental, which do not belong to the original text of the Vedas
- The Pathana soldiers said, "You are all rogues. One of you belongs to the western lands, one to the district of Mathura, and the other two, who are trembling, belong to Bengal"
- The planetary system in which we are living is called Bhurloka. Above this planetary system is Bhuvarloka. Above that is Svarloka (the moon belongs to the Svarloka planetary system)
- The process of becoming friends with the Lord and sacrificing everything for Him belongs to the category of raga-marga, the stage of developed devotional service
- The pure devotee lives constantly in the abode of the Supreme Lord, even in the present body, which apparently belongs to this world
- The sankirtana party belonging to Tukarama is still very popular in Bombay and throughout the province of Maharashtra
- The scriptures describe in detail the divisions of society, with their inherent characteristics. Therefore we commit a serious mistake when we regard the different classes of men as belonging to particular countries or races
- The separation of Lord Ramacandra from Sita is spiritually understood as vipralambha, which is an activity of the hladini potency of the Supreme Personality of Godhead belonging to the srngara-rasa, the mellow of conjugal love in the spiritual world
- The spiritual potency is full of knowledge; the living entities, although belonging to the spiritual potency, are subject to bewilderment; and the third energy, which is full of ignorance, is always visible in fruitive activities
- The spiritual sparks known as the living entities are subjected to the conditions of material energy. It is because these sparks are related with both the internal and external potencies of the Lord that they are known as belonging to the marginal potency
- The surrendered soul said, "You are the supreme possessor of everything, so if You like You can kill me, or if You like You can give me protection. All authority belongs to You. I have nothing to claim as my own"
- The Tattvavadi sect belongs to Madhvacarya's Vaisnava community, but its behavior differs from the strict Madhvacarya Vaisnava principles
- The Vaikuntha planets are also surrounded by various airplanes, all glowing and brilliantly situated. These airplanes belong to the great mahatmas or devotees of the Lord. The ladies are as beautiful as lightning because of their celestial complexions
- The Vallabha-sampradaya, which belongs to the Visnu-svami sect of Vaisnava religion, worships Krsna in this pusti-marga. Generally devotees in Gujerat worship Bala-Krsna, under this heading of pusti-marga
- The Vedanta philosophy actually belongs to the Vaisnava sampradaya because it was compiled by Vyasadeva, who is the original spiritual master of this Vaisnava sampradaya
- The Vedic words so 'ham, or "I am the brahmajyoti," can also be applied to the living entities, who can also claim to belong to the brahmajyoti
- The Vrsnis (Krsna's relatives at Dvaraka) felt like that. So spontaneous love of Krsna in the parental relationship is found both amongst those denizens of Dvaraka who belonged to the dynasty of Vrsni, as well as amongst the inhabitants of Vrndavana
- The washerman then began to instruct Krsna and Balarama, "My dear boys, in the future don’t be so impudent as to ask for things which belong to the King. Otherwise, You will be punished by the government men"
- The Yadu dynasty belonged to the family descending from Soma, the moon-god. Pariksit Maharaja gave more respect to the dynasty of the moon-god, the soma-vamsa, because in the Yadava dynasty, descending from the moon, Krsna had appeared
- There are many philosophical speculators (jnanis) belonging to the Mayavada school who consider themselves liberated and call themselves Narayana. But their intelligence is not purified unless they engage in Krsna’s devotional service
- These Africans, they stopped my entrance. These rascals are thinking that Africa belongs to them. It is God's property. These usurpers, these rogues and thieves, a few Africans, they are thinking, "It is our property." Huge state, huge land
- These transcendental qualities belong to godly men endowed with divine nature
- They (a class of priestly persons) further claimed that the practice and spreading of devotional service belonged only to their particular class, which was known as Nityananda-vamsa
- They (opposing princes) addressed Sisupala thus, "Our dear Sisupala, don't be discouraged in this way. You belong to the royal order and are the chief amongst the fighters
- They are denying the actual fact that everything belongs to God. It is common sense. Such a vast ocean, who has created this? Has any nation has created, or any individual person has created? So to whom belongs this ocean
- They call all woman, "Mother." "Mother, give me some alms." And they come back to guru's place. Everything belongs to guru. This brahmacari life. This is tapasya
- This bow (belonging to Lord Siva) was so heavy that it was carried by three hundred men, but Lord Ramacandra bent and strung it and broke it in the middle, just as a baby elephant breaks a stick of sugarcane
- This Krishna Consciousness Movement is a treatment for reviving the memory that we all belong to Krishna's family
- This process of chanting is so nice that it cleanses the heart, misunderstanding that "I am this body. I belong to this nation. I belong to this community. I belong to this religion." No. "I belong to Krsna," that's all
- Though a person may be from a lowborn family, if he is engaged in the Lord's service he should never be considered to belong to a lowborn family
- Through the Krsna consciousness movement, the Hare Krsna movement, we are actually seeing that men who are considered to belong to the lowest class are being delivered from all sinful activities simply by hearing the holy name of the Lord
- Trita Muni hailed from the Western countries of the world. As such, most probably he belonged to the European countries. At that time the whole world was under one Vedic culture
- Ultimately it is concluded that the body is a product of material nature, and at the end it merges into material nature; therefore, the conclusion should be that the body belongs to material nature
- Under these prescribed duties of varna and asrama there are many activities which belong to devotional service in Krsna consciousness
- Vasudeva, who belonged to the demigod family (or to the Sura dynasty), married Devaki. After the marriage, he mounted his chariot to return home with his newly married wife
- Virinca means Lord Brahma and the followers. Just like we, Gaudiya-sampradaya, means we belong to the Brahma-sampradaya. Our sampradaya begins from Lord Brahma
- Vyasadeva, a brahmana, was called to beget Pandu and Dhrtarastra. Satyavati belonged to a family of fishermen, but Parasara, a great brahmana, begot in her Vyasadeva
- We belong to Madhvacarya. Caitanya Mahaprabhu belonged to Madhvacarya. Madhvacarya was direct disciple of Vyasadeva, and by parampara, Madhavendra Puri. Then from Madhavendra Puri, Isvara Puri. And Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepted Isvara Puri
- We cannot be fully independent. Just like in the state. You are belonging to an independent state, but that does not mean that you can do anything and everything
- We don't want to discuss, but more or less, at the present moment in whichever category of religion one may belong to, nobody is following strictly the religious principles. That's a fact. That is called kaitava
- We know that all this word jugglery springs from the imagination of Sankaracarya, and yet because we belong to his sect, we accept it although it does not satisfy us
- We must come to the right conclusion that "I belong to Krsna, I am the son of Krsna, I do not belong to anyone." This is called nirahankara
- Well, everyone is in a bona fide disciplic succession provided he keeps that tradition, keeps that tradition. Apani acari prabhu jive sikhaila. One must behave that "I belong to this disciplic succession. I must keep myself fit for the post"
- When I left home, as a dutiful father I left some money for my family as future provision, So practically the money belongs to my sons and daughters
- When Lord Krsna appears He does so in a family of ksatriyas (kings), as did Lord Ramacandra, and sometimes in a family of brahmanas. But Krsna accepted the role of son to Maharaj Nanda, despite the fact that Nanda belonged to the vaisya community
- When monarchy existed on this planet, the chief member was one of the members of the Surya dynasty, or Surya-vamsa, and the subordinate kings belonged to the Candra-vamsa
- When one is fully aware that he does not belong to any family, society, country, is eternally related to Krsna, he then realizes his energy should be employed not in the interests of so-called family, society or country, but in the interests of Krsna
- When the Lord heard that Bali Maharaja was performing asvamedha sacrifices under the patronage of brahmanas belonging to the Bhrgu dynasty, the Supreme Lord, who is full in every respect, proceeded there to show His mercy to Bali Maharaja
- When those who belonged to the family circle heard the narration of the old brahmana, they made exclamations showing their disappointment. They all requested that he not make such a proposal again
- When, along the way, You fall unconscious in ecstatic love of Godhead, who will protect Your belongings - the waterpot, garments and so forth
- Whereas you are a learned scholar, a rich man belonging to an aristocratic family, I am a poor man, uneducated and with no claim to aristocracy
- Wherever there is an impersonal description in the Vedas, the Vedas mean to establish that everything belonging to the Supreme Personality of Godhead is transcendental and free of mundane characteristics
- While the Lord was unconscious, ten cavalry soldiers belonging to the Muslim Pathana military order rode up and dismounted
- Why you should think of others who have come from America as American? That is less intelligent. Krsna-bhakta... Vaisnave jati-buddhih. If one thinks of Vaisnava as belonging to this class, this nation, he has no vision. Naraki
- Yasoda said, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto Him under whose illusory energy I am thinking that Nanda Maharaja is my husband & Krsna is my son, that all the properties of Nanda belong to me & that all the cowherd men & women are my subjects"
- Yayati: The great emperor of the world and the original forefather of all great nations of the world who belong to the Aryan and Indo-European stock
- You take the hundred note and you ask, "To whom this hundred dollar note belongs?" If you give him, that's a great service