Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Behavior of a Devotee of God
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Behavior of a Devotee of God"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.
- A devotee is never contaminated by material conditions, but persons subjected to material conditions can become spiritually advanced and blissful upon seeing the behavior of a pure devotee
- A person who is very faithfully engaged in the worship of the Deity in the temple, but who does not know how to behave toward devotees or people in general is called a prakrta-bhakta, or kanistha-adhikari
- A sadhu, a saintly person, must be saintly in his behavior. Unless one adheres to the standard behavior, one's position as a sadhu, a saintly person, is not complete. Therefore a Vaisnava, a sadhu, must completely adhere to the standard of behavior
- Although the brahmana belonged to the Sanodiya community, Srila Madhavendra Puri had seen that he behaved like a Vaisnava and had therefore accepted him as his disciple. The food he had cooked had also been accepted by Madhavendra Puri
- Although we find in the neophyte devotee some bad behavior due to his past experience, so we should not take him as nondevotee
- He also compiled the Hari-bhakti-vilasa, from which we can understand the standard behavior of a devotee and the full extent of a Vaisnava's duty
- He delivered all the prasadam to such great Vaisnavas as Advaita Acarya. Thus he stayed there and behaved according to the order of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- If he simply takes care of the Deity worship and if he does not offer respectful behavior to another devotee, he is kanistha-adhikari. He is in the lower stage. So isvare tad adhinesu. He must see that "Here is a devotee."
- In the third vilasa, the methods of Vaisnava behavior are given, with emphasis on cleanliness, constant remembrance of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and the chanting of the mantras given by the initiating spiritual master