Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
begar | beggar | beggarman | beggar's | beggars
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Beggar"
The following 49 pages are in this category, out of 49 total.
- A beggar should not ask charity from a person who is in difficulty
- According to the Vedic system, a saintly person takes the position of a mendicant so that on the plea of begging something from the householder, he can enter any house
- As soon as the beggars chanted the holy name, "Haribol," they were immediately absorbed in ecstatic love of Godhead. In this way Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu performed wonderful pastimes
- Because a brahmana depends on his disciples, when Sarmistha was heavily rebuked by Devayani she charged Devayani with belonging to a family of crowlike beggars. It is the nature of women to fight verbally at even a slight provocation
- Beggars always present themselves as possessing nothing, and this may be very good for them because in this way they are assured of not losing their money and of always drawing the attention and compassion of others for the sake of collection
- Krsna is not beggar. Krsna can create millions of fruits and flowers. He's atmarama, He's fully satisfied in Himself. He's so opulent. But He wants that you should also love Krsna and give Him something. That He wants. Therefore He comes
- Krsna was not a beggar, nor was He in need of clothing, but by this request He indicated that everyone should be ready to offer Krsna whatever He wants. That is the meaning of Krsna consciousness
- Maharaja Bali wanted to give everything to Vamanadeva, who had appeared as a beggar, but Sukracarya, being Maharaja Bali's familial spiritual master in the line of seminal succession, could not appreciate Maharaja Bali's promise
- Mahatma means who is pure devotee of the Lord. Sadhu means who is a devotee - not these street beggars. Sadhu. Sadhur eva sa mantavyah samyag vyavasito hi.... Who are they? Sadhur eva sa mantavyah
- Many devotees fall down due to illicit sex. They may steal money and even fall down from the highly honored renounced order. Then for a livelihood they accept menial services and become beggars
- My Guru Maharaja ordered me, "You do this." I was trying to save my business, my family, with two hands, and Krsna took it in ten hands. And now, after making me beggar, He is giving me, ten hands: "You take as much as you like"
- Observing the beggars eating prasadam, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu chanted, "Haribol!" and instructed them to chant the holy name
- One should not be charitable to beggars before the Deity. 19) One should not speak very harshly to others before the Deity
- One should not give everything to the beggars among the poor
- Regarding collecting money, a sannyasi's name is vikshu, or licensed beggar. Not only sannyasi, but a brahmachary also is required to collect for his Spiritual Master. The Spiritual Master spends for missionary activities
- Rukmini continued, "Actually, I followed all these great souls. I followed the path of these great beggars and decided to surrender my life unto Your (Krsna's) lotus feet"
- Rukmini continued, "My Lord, You have stated that only the beggars praise Your glories, & that is also perfectly correct. But who are those beggars? Those beggars are all exalted devotees, liberated personalities & those in the renounced order of life"
- Rukmini continued, "These so-called beggars execute their spiritual advancement in life, tolerating all tribulations in the material world. My dear husband (Krsna), do not think that I accepted You as my husband out of my inexperience"
- Rukmini continued, "They (beggars) are all great souls and devotees who have no other business than to glorify You. Such great souls forgive even the worst offenders"
- Salva begged from Lord Siva the gift of an airplane which would be so strong that it could not be destroyed by any demigod, demon, human being, Gandharva or Naga, or even any Raksasa
- Sannyasa means accepting a life of begging, which makes one automatically very humble and meek and free from lusty desires
- Sometimes so-called svamis are very eager to feed poor people, thinking them to be daridra-narayana, the Lord's incarnations as beggars. They prefer to serve the manufactured daridra-narayana than the original, supreme Narayana
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "These are not rogues. They are My associates. Being a sannyasi beggar, I do not possess anything"
- The kings continued: "The time element is so strong that no one can escape its influence; therefore we have received the reactions of our atrocious activities, and we are now bereft of all opulences and stand before You (Krsna) like street beggars"
- There is a proverb that a brahmana remains a beggar even if he receives $100,000
- This movement, for the first time, India is giving something to them. It is not a begging propaganda; it is giving propaganda. Because they are hankering after this substance, Krsna consciousness. They have enjoyed enough of this material consciousness
- Those who engage in the missionary activities of the Krsna consciousness movement are under the guidance of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. They are not actually beggars; their real business is to deliver fallen souls. Therefore they may go from door to door
- We are as if roaming in the street like street beggars, although we are all the transcendental sons of the richest personality, the Personality of Godhead. With a cool head, we could very well understand this fact
- We are Krsna's servant, we are not beggar; we don't want anything from anyone because we know Krsna will provide everything
- When Bali Maharaja was asked by Lord Vamana for such small charity, Bali Maharaja's spiritual master, namely Sukracarya, objected to this proposal because he knew that Vamanadeva was Visnu Himself, pretending to be a beggar