Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Bear (as in carries)
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Bear (as in carries)"
The following 49 pages are in this category, out of 49 total.
- A person is called mild when he cannot even bear the touch of the most soft thing. It is described that every part of Krsna's body was so soft that even at the touch of newly grown leaves, the color of the touched part of His skin would change
- A person who in this life bears false witness or lies while transacting business or giving charity is severely punished after death by the agents of Yamaraja
- As a big fig tree bears fruits all over its body, each part of the tree of devotional service bore fruit
- Associates of the Lord are eternally liberated souls, and they cannot bear the separation of the Lord even for a moment because of intense affection for the Lord. Thus the inhabitants of the city of Dvaraka were in a mood of dejection
- Bearing his stringed instrument, the tumburu, on his shoulders, the great sage Narada Muni always glorifies Lord Ananta. Narada Muni has composed many transcendental verses in praise of the Lord
- Because I (Pariksit) am drinking the nectar of topics about Krsna, which is flowing from the lotus mouth of your Lordship (Sukadeva Gosvami), my hunger and thirst, which are extremely difficult to bear, cannot hinder me
- Bhagavad-gita and the Srimad-Bhagavatam are like torchbearers for the blind people of this age. In other words, if men in this age of Kali want to see the real light of life, they must take to these two books only, and their aim of life will be fulfilled
- I (Kardama Muni) shall accept this chaste girl (Devahuti) as my wife, on the condition that after she bears semen from my body, I shall accept the life of devotional service accepted by the most perfect human beings
- I (Laksmidevi) wish that You (Lord Kamadeva) may also place Your hand on My head, for although You already bear my insignia of golden streaks on Your chest, I regard this honor as merely a kind of false prestige for me
- I have no objection to the sweatshirts and posters bearing Madhava Visnu
- If one does not strictly follow the guidance of a bona fide Spiritual Master his initiation does not bear any meaning. The initiation performance is an agreement by the disciples to abide by the order of the Spiritual Master
- If someone says that the entire business rests on such-and-such a person, it does not mean that the person is bearing all the factories and offices on his head
- In the conditioned life the malicious life begins from the top, namely bearing malice against the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Kardama Muni said: I shall accept this chaste girl (Devahuti) as my wife, on the condition that after she bears semen from my body, I shall accept the life of devotional service accepted by the most perfect human beings
- Krsna said to Radharani, "My dear auspicious Radharani, Your body is the source of all beauty. Your red lips are softer than the sense of immortal sweetness, and Your face bears the aroma of a lotus flower"
- Krsna, unconcerned with the other princes, immediately took the opportunity to place Rukmini on His chariot, marked by a flag bearing an image of Garuda
- Krsna, who advented Himself just to kill all undesirable elements in the world, immediately climbed up into a big kadamba tree on the bank of the Yamuna. The kadamba is a tree bearing round yellow flowers that is generally seen only in the Vrndavana area
- One cannot bear the so much burden. Still he's loaded with so much burden. That is klisyamananam. If you, if you can bear some load, that's all right. But if you cannot, if it is overloaded, then it is very difficult to go on
- One percent done in Krsna consciousness bears permanent results, so that the next beginning is from the point of two percent, whereas in material activity without a hundred percent success there is no profit
- One who worships the salagrama-sila can also be relieved of offenses. In the Brahmanda Purana it is said that one who worships Lord Visnu, whose four hands bear a conchshell, disc, lotus flower and club, can be relieved from the above offenses
- Sex life, even it is not illicit, still, it is painful, aftereffects. You'll have to take care of the children. You have to bear children. That is painful. You have to pay to the hospital for delivery, then education, then doctor's bill - so many painful
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's body appeared like a transcendental Himalayan mountain bearing ecstatic emotional flower trees, all of them blooming
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's second wife was Srimati Visnupriya Devi, who bore the separation of the Lord throughout her life because the Lord took the order of sannyasa at the age of twenty-four
- Subhadra, Draupadi, Kunti, Uttara, Gandhari, Dhrtarastra, Yuyutsu, Krpacarya, Nakula, Sahadeva, Bhimasena, Dhaumya and Satyavati all nearly fainted because it was impossible for them to bear separation from Lord Krsna
- Such a sinful man (a person who in this life bears false witness or lies while transacting business or giving charity) is taken to the top of a mountain eight hundred miles high and thrown headfirst into the hell known as Avicimat
- The blessed Lord Siva becomes all the more blessed by bearing on his head the holy waters of the Ganges, which has its source in the water that washed the Lord's lotus feet
- The chariot of Lord Krsna was marked with the flag bearing the insignia of Garuda, and as soon as the soldiers and warriors of the Yadu dynasty saw the flag, they could understand that Lord Krsna was on the battlefield
- The crown of a king is simply a big load if the king or head of the state does not actually bear the dust of the lotus feet of brahmanas and Vaisnavas
- The custom is that a girl should be married aksata-yoni, that is, with her virginity undisturbed. A girl should never bear a child before her marriage
- The devotees must bear in mind they are promising to follow four regulative principles & chanting a minimum of 16 rounds of japa daily. Everyone should take very seriously this vow & make steady & sure progress in KC & go back to Godhead in this lifetime
- The Emperor (Svayambhuva Manu) was unable to bear the separation of his daughter (Devahuti). Therefore tears poured from his eyes again and again, drenching his daughter's head as he cried, "My dear mother! My dear daughter!"
- The heralding sound of the auspicious conchshell was very encouraging, and apparently the sound pacified their dejection (the inhabitants of the city of Dvaraka were in a mood of dejection, because they could not bear the separation of the Lord)
- The moon was shining in the sky, surrounded by glittering stars. The breeze was blowing, bearing the aroma of mallika flowers, and the bumblebees were mad after the aroma
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead has a cheerful, lotuslike countenance with ruddy eyes like the interior of a lotus and a swarthy body like the petals of a blue lotus. He bears a conch, discus and mace in three of His hands
- The word vahan refers to the soldiers on horseback who protected the legs of the carrier elephants. According to the system of military arrangement, the legs of the elephant bearing the commander were also protected
- There (on Mount Kailasa) are varieties of deer, such as karnantra, ekapada, asvasya, vrka and kasturi, the deer which bears musk. Besides the deer there are many banana trees which decorate the small hillside lakes very nicely
- There is nothing more sinful than untruthfulness. Because of this, mother earth once said, "I can bear any heavy thing except a person who is a liar"
- This ISKCON Press insignia is very appropriately drawn. It bears the real meaning of mrdanga or press and mrdanga are two parallel lines
- Tolerance means that one should be practiced to bear insult and dishonor from others
- Whatever interpretations have been given by Sankaracarya have no direct bearing on the sutra, and therefore such commentation spoils everything
- When that Supreme Personality of Godhead who is lying on the Garbhodaka Ocean entered the heart of Brahma, Brahma brought his intelligence to bear, and with the intelligence invoked he began to create the universe as it was before
- When the Deity is being borne for a stroll in the street, a devotee should immediately follow the procession
- While Krsna was dancing on his hoods, Kaliya tried to push Him down with some of his other hoods. Kaliya had about a hundred hoods, but Krsna took control of them. He began to dash Kaliya with His lotus feet, and this was more than the serpent could bear