Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
aspirable | aspirant | aspirants | aspiration | aspirations
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Aspiration"
The following 42 pages are in this category, out of 42 total.
- A devotee may pray to be delivered from this material world. That is his only aspiration
- A responsible king was always approachable by his citizens. Generally the citizens, great and common, all had an aspiration to see the king and take benediction from him
- Actually, all Vedic culture is aiming at understanding Lord Visnu. In the Rg Veda one mantra says that any advanced saintly person is always aspiring to be fixed in meditation upon the lotus feet of Visnu
- Advaita Prabhu's aspiration was to be a servant of the Lord, not His spiritual master. He therefore devised a plan to antagonize the Lord
- After realization of Brahman, when he is actually on the Brahman platform, then the symptom is na socati na kanksati: he has no more lamentation and no more aspiration. Aham brahmasmi. Then he can see everyone one equal level
- Akrura thought, "Krsna is the ultimate goal of life for all people who fear material existence, and certainly when I see Him He will give me the shelter of His lotus feet. I am aspiring for the touch of His lotuslike hand on my head"
- Anyone who has any desire or aspiration for satisfying his senses by becoming more and more important, either in the material sense or in the spiritual sense, cannot actually relish the really sweet taste of devotional service
- As soon as the dust of materialism is brushed aside, the clear mirror of the heart reflects the presence of the Lord. And as soon as we see Him we are automatically freed from all kinds of aspirations and frustrations
- Aspiring to live in a solitary place; detachment from the general mass of people; accepting the importance of self-realization; and philosophical search for the Absolute Truth - all these I declare to be knowledge
- Death is nothing but sleeping for a few months in order to develop another term of bodily encagement, which we are awarded by the law of nature according to our aspiration
- Desires are compared to being haunted by ghosts and witches, because while these aspirations for material enjoyment or spiritual oneness with the Supreme remain, no one can relish the actual transcendental taste of devotional service
- Every woman, every girl, has the aspiration for nice ornament, nice dress. But they don't get it. Therefore dissatisfied
- Everyone is full of anxiety. Not only human society but also bird society, beast society - everyone. Anyone who has got this material body, he's full of anxiety. But we want to get free from anxieties. That is our aspiration.
- Everyone is trying to fulfill his aspirations and desires, be they material or spiritual
- If every one of us, we become reinstated in the transcendental platform of loving Krsna, then our aspiration of mastership will be fulfilled. That is not known at present, but if we agree to serve Krsna, then gradually we'll see that Krsna is serving you
- If our endeavor (prayasa) is not to inquire about the Absolute Truth, we will simply increase our endeavor to satisfy our artificial needs. A spiritual aspirant should avoid mundane endeavor
- If we work sincerely without any material aspirations, Krishna will help in all respects, be assured. So far the donation of roses, utilize them nicely. There will be flowers for the deity, it will be a great service
- It is sometimes said that people want the kingdom of God without God. Such an aspiration, however, is never to be fulfilled
- It is the aspiration of a devotee that while he chants the Hare Krsna maha-mantra his eyes will fill with tears, his voice falter and his heart throb
- Patience is required for the successful discharges of Krsna conscious duties. Krsna is pleased to award benediction upon the aspiring devotee engaged in His service with patience determination and regularity
- Pure devotional service must be freed from all desires for sense gratification, fruitive aspirations and culture of monistic knowledge
- The aspirant sisya will hear and study whether he's actually fit for becoming guru
- The Earth personified said, "My dear Lord, You are the Supersoul, in order to satisfy the aspirations of Your devotees, You descend to the earth in Your various transcendental incarnations, which are just appropriate to the devotees’ worshipful desire"
- The impersonalists desire salvation from Him, and He always awards them according to their aspiration
- The Lord assured Dhruva Maharaja that Dhruva would not be bereft of the Lord's love. He encouraged Dhruva not to be worried that he childishly had material desires and at the same time had the pure aspiration to be a great devotee
- The Nagapatnis said, "For those who are actually peaceful and who are aspiring after the supreme peace, worship of Your (Krsna's) peaceful appearance as Lord Visnu is recommended"
- The Supreme Lord Sri Krsna is the father of all living entities, who are placed in different high and low positions according to their desires or aspirations. Some of them are specifically endowed with powers by the will of the Lord
- There are many instances in the various Vedic writings of persons who were aspiring after liberation by speculative knowledge but gave up this process in order to take complete shelter under the lotus feet of Krsna
- These are not pure devotees, because they have some aspiration to fulfill in exchange for devotional service. Pure devotional service is without aspiration and without desire for material profit
- When a devotee fully surrenders and has no aspiration for material profit, the Lord certainly gives him all opportunities for service. This is the position of the Lord when conquered by His devotees
- While these aspirations for material enjoyment or spiritual oneness with the Supreme remain, no one can relish the actual transcendental taste of devotional service