Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
ambition | ambitions | ambitious | ambitiously
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Ambition"
The following 80 pages are in this category, out of 80 total.
- A student educates himself with an ambition that "When I am grown up I shall have this standard of life. I shall become a high-court judge, I shall become a military man, I shall become a very good businessman"
- All such persons have some ambition - to become a very big businessman, to become a great industrialist, to become a great poet or philosopher. But they do not know that even if their ambition is fulfilled, the result is temporary
- Although karmis and bhaktas may work in the same place, at the same time, with the same energy and with the same ambition, they achieve different results
- As soon as a foolish disciple tries to overtake his spiritual master and becomes ambitious to occupy his post, he immediately falls down
- As soon as one is a devotee of Krsna, there is no personal ambition
- As there are different ambitions, similarly, for your next life also you can maintain different ambitions. That is in your hands. That is stated in the Bhagavad-gita, yanti deva-vrata divan
- At the present moment the so-called executive heads are more or less selected from materially ambitious persons who simply look after their own personal interests; they have no knowledge of the sastras
- Atheistic kings or state executive heads, try to equip themselves with all kinds of deadly weapons to bring about a war in a peaceful society. They have no ambition other than personal aggrandizement, and thus mother earth feels overburdened
- Bali said, "My only ambition is that I may live alone just like the paramahamsas who travel alone here and there in great peace of mind, depending simply upon Your (Krsna) lotus feet"
- Because of His (Krsna) presence, all our ambitions and desires are gradually being fulfilled. Your Majesty, King of the Bhojas, you are related with the Yadu dynasty by matrimonial relationship, and by blood relationship also
- By writing about the pastimes of the Lord, one associates with the Lord directly. One should not ambitiously think, "I shall become a great author. I shall be celebrated as a writer." These are material desires
- Devotional service is so nice and pure that it purifies the devotee, and he forgets all material ambitions as soon as he engages fully in the transcendental loving service of Krsna. A practical example is Dhruva Maharaja
- Devotional service must be without any material ambition and there is no material impediment which can check advancement in devotional service
- Generally it is the ambition of a young girl to have a very handsome husband who is learned, clever, young and rich
- Generated next (from the ocean of milk) was the parijata flower, which decorates the celestial planets. O King (Pariksit), as you fulfill the desires of everyone on this planet by fulfilling all ambitions, the parijata fulfills the desires of everyone
- He (Bahulasva) was very well established in his reputation as a good king, and he was not at all ambitious to extend his kingdom for the sake of sense gratification
- Her (Gandhari's) ambition to become the mother of one hundred sons was fulfilled, and she began to nourish all the children according to her exalted position
- Highest ambition of the impersonalists
- I am fervently appealing to you all not to create fracture in the solid body of the Society. Please work conjointly, without any personal ambition. That will help the cause
- I pray to Krishna that you all may use your intelligence for Krishna's service and not for any personal ambition
- If one can give up his ambition to engage in hackneyed material life and take to Krsna consciousness instead, he will be liberated from the stringent laws of material nature
- If one is actually sincere in writing, all his ambitions will be fulfilled. Whether one is known as a great author is incidental. One should not attempt to write transcendental literature for material name and fame
- If you want equality, fraternity, friendship, love and perfection, solution of problems, all problems, economic, political, social, religious, then come to Krsna consciousness. Come to this platform. Then all your ambitions will be fulfilled
- If your friends who are "educated and ambitious band of young workers" will agree to follow my direction, I think they can render a great service to the human society
- In Bhagavad-gita (BG 2.62) it is stated, sangat sanjayate kamah: one's desires and ambitions develop according to the company one keeps
- It is further said, "Who is that person who will not agree to worship the land of Mathura? Mathura can deliver all the desires and ambitions of the fruitive workers and of the salvationists, who desire to become one with the supreme Brahman"
- Karttikeya addressed King Mucukunda, "But you left that kingdom, neglected your opulence and possessions, and never cared for fulfillment of your personal ambitions"
- Krsna continued, "Please take it for granted that no matter what ambition and desire you might have and no matter what you might expect from Me, I am always at your service"
- Krsna continued, "Such ambitions and desires, instead of becoming the cause of material bondage, become the source of liberation from this material world"
- Krsna is service and Maya is sense gratification, so every moment we are prone to be subjugated by either of them. Our duty is therefore to be very, very careful. The poison is personal ambition
- Lord Krsna and Balarama appeared on this earth to lessen the burden of military strength created by the ambitious ksatriya kings. This is the way of materialistic life: not being satisfied by the absolute necessities of life
- Lord Krsna continued, "My dear best of queens, I clearly understand that you have no material ambition; your only purpose is to serve Me, and you have long been engaged in unalloyed service"
- Offering his respectful obeisances, Banasura said, "My dear lord (Siva), anyone who has not fulfilled his ambition will be able to do so by taking shelter of your lotus feet, which are just like a desire tree from which one can take anything he desires"
- One may increase his ambition for sense gratification and even achieve what he desires for the gratification of his senses, but because this is on the material platform, he will never achieve satisfaction and contentment
- People are trying to go to the moon planet, that is an ambition. But they are trying to fulfill the ambition wrongly. That is not the way, that we manufacture some machine and by force we enter into the moon planet. That is not possible
- Personal ambition
- Pride, ambition, weeping, smiling, envy, fear and anger are the seven ecstatic loving symptoms manifested by a jubilant shrinking away, and these symptoms are called kila-kincita-bhava
- Rohini said, "Our only ambition is to bear on our heads life after life the dust particles attached to the lotus feet of Lord Krsna. The goddess of fortune also desires to keep that dust on her breasts, along with fragrant saffron"
- Rukmini continued, "My only ambition is that I may always remain fast to Your lotus feet, for You can deliver Your devotees from illusory material existence and are always prepared to distribute Yourself to Your devotees"
- Rukmini continued, "The material mode of passion is also Your (Krsna) creation, so when You passionately glance upon me, I accept it as the greatest boon of my life. I am ambitious only for such auspicious moments"
- So many nationalists, economists and other ambitious persons have tried for happiness, individually or collectively, but history proves that they have all been frustrated
- Some men within this material world are free from material desire, some are ambitious to get more and more material profit, and some desire fulfillment in religious life, economic development, sense gratification and finally liberation
- Sometimes it so happens that if a person sincerely serves the Lord and at the same time maintains material ambitions, the Lord very kindly removes the sources of material happiness
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura has sung, "Such an ambition for a cheap reputation may be compared to the stool of a hog because such popularity is another extension of the influence of maya"
- The ambition to corroborate the existence of the transcendental Absolute Truth by limited conjectural endeavors cannot be fulfilled, because He is beyond the scope of our limited speculative minds
- The ambitious conditioned soul wants to be very happy in this material world with his family, but he is compared to a traveler in the forest who desires to climb a hill full of thorns and small stones
- The Gaudiya Math institution has become smashed, at least stopped its program of preaching work on account of personal ambitions
- The gopis have fallen into the great ocean of separation and are being devoured by the timingila fish of their ambition to serve You. The gopis are to be delivered from the mouths of these timingila fish, for they are pure devotees
- The Hindus, Muslims, they are innocent. They don't fight. These politicians engaged them to fight artificially for their political ambition. The wars also declared nowadays, on account of the rascal politicians. The people do not want it
- The King replied, "My Lord, I am the most obedient servant of Your servants. It is my ambition that You will accept me as the servant of Your servants"
- The Lord is the ultimate goal of everyone because He is the cause of all causes. Dhruva Maharaja was advised to surrender unto Him in all respects, without keeping any personal ambition
- The Mayavadi philosophers' unrealizable ambition to become one with the Supreme through denying the existence of the Personality of Godhead results in a most calamitous misrepresentation of spiritual knowledge
- The real question is, How can we remain unpolluted by material contamination while in the material world? Srila Rupa Gosvami explains that we can remain uncontaminated while in the world if we simply make it our ambition to serve Krsna
- The seven combined ingredients of maha-bhava are pride, ambition, fear, dry artificial crying, anger, envy and mild smiling
- Their (members of the Yadu dynasty) ambition was to offer Krsna perpetual devotion with faith. All the members of the Yadu dynasty were great devotees
- There are many instances in the history of the world of persons in the royal order who have killed their father, brother or a whole family and friends for the satisfaction of their ambitions
- This material world means we have got a seed of ambition that I want to become greater than everyone
- Those who try the impossible are irrational and overambitious. Everyone has to proceed gradually, placing each step securely before taking the next one. In this way one will ultimately reach the goal
- To work very hard like dogs and hog for sense gratification is not the ambition of human life. Human life is meant for little austerity. Tapo divyam putraka yena suddhyet sattvam. We have to purify our existence. That is the mission of human life
- We have heard that although powerful kings like Maharaja Prthu and Maharaja Gaya achieved proprietorship over the seven dvipas, they could not achieve satisfaction or find the end of their ambitions
- We have seen in the history of India that Aurangzeb killed his brother and nephews and imprisoned his father to fulfill political ambitions. There have been many similar instances, and Kamsa was the same type of king
- We should lay out the subject matter (of BTG) as nicely as possible to our intelligence and capacity, and without any ambition that it must attract customers. They may attract or not attract, it doesn't matter
- When a karmi performs some ritualistic ceremony, his ambition is sense gratification - good position, good wife, good house, good children or good wealth - but the ambition of the members of the Yadu dynasty was different
- When merciful Lord Krsna understands that a foolish devotee desires material prosperity, He gratefully gives him the shelter of His lotus feet. In this way, the Lord covers the devotee's undesirable ambitions
- When one's sentiment or ambition becomes too great and is not fulfilled until after seemingly hopeless tribulation, that is taken as the greatest satisfaction
- Without ambition nobody can live. Self-interest, ambition, is everywhere. But self-interest is to execute the Krsna's desire. That they do not know
- You are completely under the nature's control. Prakrteh kriyamanani gunaih karmani sarvasah (BG 3.27). Unless you are qualified. Everyone is ambitious, but does it mean simply by becoming ambitious, one can become very rich man or very respectable man?
- Yudhisthira administered generously to everyone during his reign. He was exactly like a father. He had no personal ambition and was freed from all sorts of sense gratification because of his continuous service unto the lotus feet of the Lord Sri Krsna