Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
appoint | appointed | appointing | appointment | appointments
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
Pages in category "Appoint"
The following 73 pages are in this category, out of 73 total.
- Actually, I have appointed the GBC men to act on my behalf, so it is their responsibility now to sanction such matters and make decisions of management
- After satisfying Krsna in this way, King Yudhisthira arranged to perform the Rajasuya sacrifice. He invited all the qualified brahmanas and sages to take part and appointed them to different positions as priests in charge of the sacrificial arena
- After saying this, the King appointed him by offering him a silken wrapper for his body. "Go to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu," he said. "After taking permission from Him, go to your home. I bid you farewell. Now you may go"
- All the demigods are living entities who have been appointed to their various posts as the masters of the moon, the earth, Venus and so on because of their great service and pious acts
- Appointed acarya
- As the appointed controller after death, Yamaraja once tried Mandavya Muni for his childhood profligacy and ordered him to be pierced with a lance. Mandavya, being angry at Yamaraja for awarding him undue punishment, cursed him to become a sudra
- As you are my appointed leader, you must also see that the others are following very strictly the regulative principles like chanting 16 rounds, reading my books regularly, rising early for mangala aratrika
- Because of the misbehavior of Romaharsana, Baladeva killed him at Naimisaranya and appointed his son Ugrasrava, Suta Gosvami, the speaker of Srimad-Bhagavatam, to continue the discourses on the Puranas
- Brahma and Siva are bhutas, or powerful created demigods who manage universal affairs, much like ministers appointed by a king. The ministers may be isvaras, or controllers, but the Supreme Lord is mahesvara, or the creator of the controllers
- Brahma is the appointed lord of the universe. Because his father is Garbhodakasayi Visnu, Laksmi, the goddess of fortune, is automatically his mother
- Brahma is the appointed lord of the universe. Because his father is Garbhodakasayi Visnu, Laksmi, the goddess of fortune, is automatically his mother. Laksmiji is worshiped by all demigods and by the inhabitants of other planets as well
- Daksa was appointed the chief of all Prajapatis. That was the cause of his excessive pride. When a man becomes too proud of his material possessions, he can perform any disastrous act
- Dhaumya: A great sage who practiced severe penances at Utkocaka Tirtha and was appointed royal priest of the Pandava kings. He acted as the priest in many religious functions of the Pandavas
- Garga Muni was a great saintly sage who had undergone many austerities and penances and been appointed priest of the Yadu dynasty
- Gauracandra has done everything illegally and as Receiver of the state appointed by the court you can recover all the misappropriated money from him
- GBC appointments
- Gopinatha Pattanayaka was lifted onto the canga to be killed, and all his money was taken away, but instead his debts were excused, and he was appointed collector in the same place
- Having been appointed collector, Gopinatha, in the same way, also generally spends 200,000 to 400,000 kahanas as he likes
- He very intelligently appointed Krsna as his spiritual master. Because everyone is in perplexity about the problem of life. So this very thing happened to Arjuna, and he wanted to go to spiritual master for solution
- I am very satisfied with the work Harikesa Swami is doing there in Germany and Eastern Europe, therefore in order to encourage him and give him facility to rectify the situation in Germany, I have appointed him as acting GBC/BBT until the Mayapur meeting
- I beg to apologize for not keeping our scheduled appointment on the morning of November 3rd. I became ill due to exhaustion from too much travelling and was not able to leave my room
- I do not wish to give any decision without the GBC's verdict. My only grievance is that I appointed GBC to give me relief from the management but, on the contrary, complaints and counter-complaints are coming to me
- I have appointed 12 direct representatives to manage different sectors of the world, and they are known as Governing Board Commissioners
- I have appointed the GBC not to fight amongst yourselves but to manage
- I have appointed them collectors in various places, and although they spend the government's money, eat, drink, plunder and distribute it as they like, I do not take them very seriously
- I have appointed these GBC men to oversee and manage all the affairs of the society giving me relief to do my translation work fully
- I have appointed this GBC body to relieve me from the burden of administration, so I may concentrate on my writing and translation of books
- I have been informed of unauthorized attempts to sell land there which is legally owned by the International Society for Krishna Consciousness. Unless transactions are authorized by my duly appointed representative, Mr. Brent Selden, they are illegal
- I say that because my Guru Maharaja appointed me for that purpose
- I think now you may be appointed by me to give first initiations to new disciples by chanting on their beads on my behalf. In America Kirtanananda Swami is going that. So now if there are two of you that will give me great relief
- If one man is appointed as leader, all must follow him and be obedient. "Obedience is the first law of discipline.'' They are pointing out irregularities, but they themselves are not doing their duty
- If the GBC which I have appointed for this task will kindly now assist me in this way, by handling very expertly and with all good consideration all matters of managing, I shall devote my full time to giving you further nice books
- If you cannot believe in the words of somebody whom you are going to appoint as your teacher, if you have no faith in his words, then what is the use of going to such teacher? There is no use. Don't waste your time and don't waste his time
- In your letter you refer to Gurudasa as GBC member, but I think there is some misunderstanding because he has not yet been appointed by me as GBC member
- My spiritual master appointed me that "You do this." Similarly I shall appoint somebody else, this is the way
- My two secretaries, Srimad Bhagavan das Adhikari and Srimad Giriraja das Brahmacari tried their utmost to get an appointment from the secretary of the Governor of Maharashtra. His Excellency Nawab Ali Yavar Jung, but it was not successful
- Narada questioned him that "So far we know, that you are the supreme, but you also sometimes meditate and worship somebody." So in that connection Brahma explained that "We are not supreme. We are all appointed agents"
- Now I want to retire, and you all appointed GBC men must do the work that I am doing. Therefore, I have recommended this traveling extensively for the GBC men, just as I am doing it
- Sanandana said, "When the king is asleep in the morning, the appointed reciters come around his bedroom and begin to sing of his chivalrous activities, and while hearing of his glorious activities, the king gradually awakens"
- Self appointed acaryas party
- Self-deceived persons sometimes accept leaders or spiritual masters from a priestly order that has been officially appointed by the codes of material life
- So far your question, how far should the orders of my duly appointed officers like GBC, etc., be obeyed and followed, the answer is that they must always be followed exactly as he says
- So you are appointed, you are put into an apartment, or hotel, according to the terms of your payment. That is karma. So you cannot say everything is also equal. That is nonsense
- Swami AC Bhaktivedanta is the appointed Acarya
- The demigods in the celestial heavenly planets, who are appointed administrators of the material affairs, are also devotees of the Lord. But, at the same time, they have desires for material opulence and sense gratification
- The devotees of the Lord in servitude are divided into four classes: appointed servants (such as Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, who are appointed to control over the material modes of passion and ignorance)
- The head of a state should not be appointed if he is bereft of all Vedic knowledge
- The prostitute, now purified, fell at the lotus feet of Haridasa Thakura and confessed that Ramacandra Khan had appointed her to pollute him
- The two brothers devised a means whereby they could give up their material activities. For this purpose, they appointed two brahmanas and paid them a large amount of money
- There was (at the Ratha-yatra) a sankirtana party from the village known as Kulina-grama, and Ramananda and Satyaraja were appointed the dancers in this group
- They wanted to create artificially somebody acarya and everything failed. They did not consider even with common sense that if Guru Maharaja wanted to appoint somebody as acarya, why did he not say? He said so many things, and this point he missed?
- This is to certify that I as the Founder-Acarya of ISKCON, appoint the following persons as the authorized officers of our Nairobi branch
- This is to inform you that I, the undersigned, am the Founder-Acarya of the ISKCON, and the world leader for all of its branches. I have appointed 18 direct representatives to manage different sectors of the world, and they are known as GBCs
- This task will not be finished without the cooperation of my appointed assistants, the GBC, temple presidents, and sannyasis
- Those who are puffed up by the mode of passion try to lord it over material nature in various ways. Some of them engage in altruistic activities as if they were agents appointed to do good to others by their mental speculative plans
- Yamaraja is appointed by the Supreme Personality of Godhead to see that the human beings do not violate His rules and regulations
- Yes, your appointment as the new president of the Miami Temple is completely approved by me, now take advantage and preach among all the young people there and recruit some good men
- You are not to judge. You should be, you should know that this man is appointed, and he gets here by spiritual process. I must follow. You cannot judge him
- You should always expect that as soon as you become a devotee, the whole world becomes your enemy. That's all. But you have to deal with them, because you are appointed servants of God. Your mission is to enlighten them
- You will find herewith two certificates of my bona fides in the matter of my becoming the teacher of Caitanya Cult. I have got my books also. So if I am appointed as teacher I think the whole problem is solved