ant | anthill | ants | ant's
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Ant"
The following 89 pages are in this category, out of 89 total.
- A devotee should not ignore any living entity. The devotee must know that in every living entity, however insignificant he may be, even in an ant, God is present, and therefore every living entity should be kindly treated
- A Krsna conscious person who has realized God, he is samah sarvesu bhutesu, he's equal to all living entities. He'll feel pain even for cutting a tree. He'll feel pain, he'll feel pain even he traverses over an ant
- A person who offers respect even to the ants engaged in the service of the Lord becomes eternally happy, so what is there to say of one who offers Krsna direct service
- A small ant, it can move, but a big tree cannot move. That is punishment. Just like in our childhood we were being punished by the teachers, "Stand up on the bench." So it is like that
- According to Vaisnava philosophy, one should offer respect even to an ant, so then what need is there to speak of such exalted persons like Lord Siva and Lord Brahma
- After impregnation, material nature delivers all kinds of living entities, beginning from the greatest living creature, Lord Brahma, down to the insignificant ant, in all varieties of form
- After this manifestation of Lord Visnu, Brahma saw that many other Brahmas and Sivas and demigods and even insignificant living entities down to the ants and very small straws - movable & immovable living entities - were dancing, surrounding Lord Visnu
- Alas, as a serpent is eaten by small ants, so the troublesome Hiranyakasipu, who always inflicted miseries upon all types of people, has now been defeated by the reactions of his own sinful activities
- All living creatures throughout the universe-including birds, reptiles, ants, aquatics, trees and so on-are emanations of the marginal potency of the SL. Therefore all of them belong to the family of the Supreme Being. There is no clash of interest
- All living entities in different statuses of life within the material creation, beginning from the first demigod, Brahma, down to the small ant, are conditioned under the law of material nature, or the external energy of the Supreme Lord
- An elephant gets a gigantic body according to its needs, and so also an ant gets its body according to its needs
- Ants are generally found everywhere, but when Ramacandra Puri saw ants crawling in the abode of the Lord, he took it for granted that they must have been there because Caitanya Mahaprabhu had been eating sweetmeats. He thus discovered imaginary faults
- Ants generally crawl about here, there and everywhere, but Ramacandra Puri, imagining faults, criticized Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu by alleging that there had been sweetmeats in His room
- Any living being, beginning from the Brahmas (there are innumerable Brahmas) to the insignificant ant, are all born in darkness & they require factual light from the Lord to see Him directly, just as the sun can be seen only by the direct light of the sun
- Balarama said, "O you kings of the ants! Why are you hiding yourselves in these holes?" At the same time He also addressed the King of heaven: "O King Indra! You plaything of Saci! Why are you laughing?"
- Beginning from Brahmaji, the leader of this universe, down to the insignificant ant, all are abiding by the order of the Supreme Lord. Thus the constitutional position of the living being is subordination under the control of the Lord
- Being under the material energy of the Supreme Lord, all living entities beginning from Brahma down to the insignificant ant are manifested in different bodies according to their past deeds
- Bhaktivinode Thakura sung, praying to the Lord, that he would prefer to take His birth as an ant in the house of a devotee than to take birth as powerful as Brahma without any devotional service
- By the semen of Varuna, the great mystic Valmiki took birth from an anthill. Bhrgu and Valmiki were specific sons of Varuna, whereas Agastya and Vasistha Rsis were the common sons of Varuna and Mitra, the tenth son of Aditi
- Even an ant it is violent. As soon as it gets opportunity, it will bite you. So this tendency of artificial supremacy means material life. That is material life. So how you can stop it?
- Even if we take all precautions to protect ourselves against committing any sins - for the Vaisnavas, the devotees of Visnu, naturally do take all such precautions - still, unconsciously we kill many ants and other insects
- Everyone has got some specific talent, either human being or cats and dogs or ants, everyone
- Everyone, especially the householder, commits five kinds of sinful activities: When sweeping a floor or igniting a fire we kill many germs, and when we walk on the street we kill many ants and other insects
- He (a devotee) prays to the Lord, My dear Lord, it does not matter where I am born, but let me be born, even as an ant, in the house of a devotee
- Human being should not be encouraged to satisfy his unsatiated hunger like the giant elephant or the little ant but he should be trained up otherwise which shall provide for his real food
- I have been very much astonished to see your endurance. In spite of being eaten and bitten by all kinds of worms and ants, you are keeping your life air circulating within your bones. Certainly this is wonderful
- If I am smaller than the grass, that's a fact. I am still smaller, smaller, I do not know how smaller but I am thinking of this body. An elephant is thinking that "I am so big," or a man is thinking, "I am so big," ant is thinking, "I am so small"
- If you chant loudly Hare Krsna, even the ants and insect who is hearing, he'll be delivered, because it is spiritual vibration. It will act for everyone
- In every living entity, however insignificant he may be, even in an ant, God is present, and therefore every living entity should be kindly treated and should not be subjected to any violence
- In God's law, either you kill a man or you kill an ant, you are punishable. You cannot avoid this. Because in the eyes of God, the Brahma, Lord Brahma, and a small ant, they are all sons of God
- In this connection, there is a story in the Skanda Purana about a hunter who was converted into a great devotee under the instruction of Narada Muni. When the hunter became a perfect devotee, he was not prepared even to kill an ant
- It appears that even if a yogi does not drink a drop of water, he can live for many, many years by the yogic process, though his outer body be eaten by ants and moths
- Last night there was sugar candy here, he said. "Therefore ants are wandering about. Alas, this renounced sannyasi is attached to such sense gratification!" After speaking in this way, he got up and left
- Lord Brahma, a human being and an ant all live for one hundred years, but their lifetimes of one hundred years are different from one another. This world is a relative world, and its relative moments of time are different
- Lord Brahma, who is carried by a swan airplane, at first could not see where Hiranyakasipu was, for Hiranyakasipu's body was covered by an anthill and by grass and bamboo sticks
- Lord Brahma,sprinkled transcendental, infallible, spiritual water from his kamandalu upon Hiranyakasipu's body, which had been eaten away by ants and moths. Thus he enlivened Hiranyakasipu
- My dear Lord, everyone in this material world is under the modes of material nature, being influenced by goodness, passion & ignorance. Everyone - from the greatest personality, Brahma, down to the small ant - works under the influence of these modes
- My Lord, if an insignificant insect like me dies, what is the loss? If an ant dies, where is the loss to the material world
- Nor can one use his power of religion, his material opulence or any other means, either by himself or with the help of others, to defy the orders of the Supreme Lord. That is not possible for any living being, from Brahma down to the ant
- Not that simply in human body the soul is there and not in other bodies. That is rascaldom. Sarvasya. In every body. Even within the ant, even within the elephant, even within the gigantic banyan tree or within the microbe
- One day Ramacandra Puri came in the morning to the abode of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Seeing many ants, he said something to criticize the Lord
- One may trample many small ants and other insects while walking on the street and kill many living beings unknowingly. Therefore the Vedic principle of panca-yajna, five kinds of recommended sacrifice, is compulsory
- One who is learned knows that the small particle of spirit is there in the ant and in the elephant. Therefore he sees the elephant and the ant on the same level, on spiritual vision, not on this external vision. This is called self-realization
- Seeing the ants, the hunter whisked them away with a piece of cloth. After thus clearing the ants from the ground, he fell down flat to offer his obeisances
- So here this material world, either you become a tiger, either you become Lord Brahma or you become a small ant, you have to struggle for your existence. This is material world
- Sri Bhrgu said: My dear Lord, all living entities, beginning from the highest, namely Lord Brahma, down to the ordinary ant, are under the influence of the insurmountable spell of illusory energy, & thus they are ignorant of their constitutional position
- Sugar is fermented with acid and then distilled. It becomes liquor. And the ants are very much fond of sugar. You keep up one piece of sugar candy. Then the news will be immediately spread, and all the ant class will go there
- That is explained in Bhagavad-gita and without knowing God he will have to transmigrate from different types of body sometimes like big tree, sometimes ant, sometimes dog, sometimes man, sometimes tiger this is required - fate
- The ants and the elephants, they do not go to the church for asking God, "Oh, give us our daily bread," but still, they are getting. Then the next question is that "What is our duty?" Our duty is to feel obliged to God and try to serve Him
- The ants had devoured Hiranyakasipu's skin, fat, flesh and blood because he had been there for a long time. Then Lord Brahma and the demigods spotted him, resembling a cloud - covered sun, heating all the world by his austerity
- The argument may be put forward, How can something the size of a thumb be accommodated within the heart of an ant? The answer is that this thumb measurement of the Supersoul is imagined in proportion to the body of the living entity
- The highest personality in this material universe is no more significant than an ant for a devotee
- The highest personality in this material universe is no more significant than an ant for a devotee. Such a stage can be achieved by the mercy of Lord Caitanya, who preached pure devotional service in this age
- The living beings covered by the illusory energy evolve in different species of life, with bodies ranging from that of an insignificant ant to that of Brahma, the constructor of the cosmos
- The living entities - beginning from Lord Krsna and including millions of Visnu forms, and also the living entities in different forms, from Lord Brahma down to the small ant - are all of the same spiritual quality
- The palanquin, however, was very erratically carried by Jada Bharata due to his sense of nonviolence. As he stepped forward, he checked before him every three feet to see whether he was about to step on ants
- The signs and constellations, with Sumeru and Dhruvaloka on their right, move with the wheel of time, and the antlike sun and other planets move with them
- The sum total of the living entities is impregnated into this yonir mahad brahma, and they are born in different forms, beginning from Brahma down to the insignificant ant
- The whole world is busy for sense gratification, it is anthill civilization. So much endeavor for what?
- There is a statement in the Lalita-madhava that Lord Baladeva, intoxicated from drinking excessive quantities of honey, once began to address the ants
- There is no point in arguing that a materialistic man can be happy. No materialistic creature - be he the great Brahma or an insignificant ant - can be happy
- There is one instance where a hunter was taking pleasure in killing animals, but after becoming a devotee he was not prepared to kill even an ant. Such is the quality of a devotee
- They cannot create even an ant, and now they are going to make superbeings. This is another foolishness. They cannot create even an ant, moving ant, and they're going to make superbeing. Just see. And we have to believe them. We are not so fool
- They have the botanical garden, but do they know what is the science why there is tree and why there is ant, why there is bird, why there is man?
- This finger is part and parcel of my body. If you respect my body and kill my, cut my finger, shall I be happy? No. Therefore Vaisnava knows this, that "Even a small ant, he is the part and parcel of Krsna. So if I kill this ant, Krsna will be unhappy"
- This forgetfulness of the living being - beginning from Brahma down to the lowest insignificant ant - is a tendency which can be counteracted by meditation on the virat-rupa of the Lord
- Tribhir gunamayair bhavair ebhih samam idam jagat: every entity, beginning from Brahma down to the ant, is individually bewildered by the three modes of material nature, namely goodness, passion and ignorance
- We don't like to see animal killing. That is also one of our propaganda: "No meat-eating." Why? To save the animals, because we love animals also. We love even the ant - because we love Krsna
- What is the meaning of living being? Dull matter, it has no independence. Even it is a big mountain or big thing, it has no independence. It will stand still. But a small ant, even a microbe, it has got independence because it is living creature
- When a potter's wheel is moving and small ants located on that big wheel are moving with it, one can see that their motion is different from that of the wheel because they appear sometimes on one part of the wheel and sometimes on another
- When the great sages consulted one another, they saw that the people were in a dangerous position from both directions. When a fire blazes on both ends of a log, the ants in the middle are in a very dangerous situation
- With great alacrity the hunter began to run toward his spiritual master, but he could not fall down and offer obeisances because ants were running hither and thither around his feet
- With physical strength and a bodily luster resembling molten gold, he emerged from the anthill a completely young man, just as fire springs from fuel wood
- Without Krsna's purpose we cannot kill even an ant, we cannot cut even a tree, then we shall be liable to punishment. So a sadhu sees that "Here is also a living entity."
- Yamaraja, being questioned by the muni (Manduka Muni), replied that the muni in his childhood pierced an ant with a sharpened straw, and for that reason he was put into difficulty
- You have no right to kill any animal, even an ant. Because you cannot give life to anyone. It is nature's law, God's law. So infringement on the laws of nature or God, it is sinful activities
- You love the poor people but not the poor animals. Therefore your love is so limited and defective. And Krsna conscious person not only loves the poor man but he loves the poor animals also - poor beast, insect, ants; he is so upright and so broadminded
- You may love humanity, but because you do not love Krsna, therefore you do not love the cows; you send them to slaughterhouse. So your love will remain defective. It will never be complete. And if you love Krsna, then you will love even the small ant