Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
affect | affected | affecting
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Affected"
The following 115 pages are in this category, out of 115 total.
- A devotee should not be affected by the results of karma and jnana. One has to simply understand Krsna and carry out His desires. That is the pure devotional stage
- A fig tree does not immediately yield fruits, but in time the fruits are available. Similarly, Ajamila's devotional service grew little by little, and therefore although he committed very sinful acts, the reactions did not affect him
- A man's personal misconduct affects all his family members
- A person who can affect the mind of everyone is called predominating
- A person who is detached from the modes of material nature remains just like the sun reflected on water. When the sun is reflected on water, the movement of the water or the coolness or unsteadiness of the water cannot affect the sun
- A person who is overly affected materially may take advantage of this movement and become intimately associated with it. In this way the confused and frustrated inhabitants of this material world may find the highest happiness in association with devotees
- A supremely powerful living entity can do anything and everything he likes and such acts do not affect him in any way. For example, the sun, the most powerful fiery planet in the universe, can evaporate water from anywhere and still remain as powerful
- A Vaisnava is especially favored by the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Pleasing him or displeasing him directly affects the pleasure and displeasure of the Supreme
- Activities such as seeing and hearing are actions of the senses meant for receiving knowledge, whereas moving, speaking, evacuating, etc., are actions of the senses meant for work. A Krsna conscious person is never affected by the actions of the senses
- Although he is in association with these qualities for the benefit of the conditioned soul, Siva is their director and is not affected. In other words, although the conditioned soul is affected by the three qualities, Siva, being their master, is not
- Although in the phenomenal world it is not factual, the products of the phenomenal world can actually affect things. That is visible and experienced. As such, even though material activities are impermanent, they cannot be said to be untrue
- Although She (Radharani) is highly qualified with so many spiritual assets, She is nonetheless affected by the Cupid known as Krsna. Thus She is defeated
- Although Vrtrasura was on the verge of defeat, he was not at all affected. He knew that he was going to be defeated by Indra, and he voluntarily accepted that, but since he was supposed to be Indra's enemy, he tried his best to kill Indra
- An example sometimes given to explain the position of the Supreme Lord is that of the sun, which evaporates urine from the earth but is never affected by contamination. The Supreme Lord can never be accused of doing anything wrong
- Anyone who is fully conversant with all the intricacies of this law of karma, or fruitive activities, does not become affected by the results of his activities
- As a person sees the reflection of his body in a mirror to be one with himself, whereas others see two bodies, in our material condition, in which the living being is affected and yet not affected, there is a difference between God and the living entity
- As has been stated before, there are three kinds of happiness: material, spiritual and devotional. Devotional service and the happiness due to its execution are not possible so long as one is materially affected
- As long as the liberated soul is in contact with the body, why don't the bodily activities affect him? Doesn't he actually become contaminated by the action and reaction of material activities?
- As the world teacher of this Krsna consciousness movement, He (Caitanya) actually showed that a person seriously engaged in Krsna consciousness should not be affected by worldly affection
- As You (Krsna) have said, material nature works under Your superintendence, just like a government officer working under the orders of the chief executive. The influence of subordinate activities cannot affect You
- Because a devotee knows that he is not the body, he is never affected by bodily happiness or distress. He is not interested in bodily relationships with wife, children, home etc., or in the distress and happiness which come from these things
- Because the water was so poisonous, the (cowherd) boys and cows became visibly affected immediately after drinking. They suddenly fell down on the ground, apparently dead
- By constantly being absorbed in the thought of Krsna, one cannot be affected by the contamination of material activities
- By His (Lord Krsna) inconceivable energy, the Supreme Lord can appear and disappear like a rainbow, which appears and disappears without being affected by the roaring thunder and the cloudy sky
- By spiritual realization, disintegration of our material affinity naturally begins, and the more we become spiritually developed, the less we are affected by the happiness or distress that arise out of sense perception in contact with material association
- By the activities of the body and senses, we can understand the condition of the mind. The condition of the mind is affected by past activities in the past body
- Citing the stringent laws of the Almighty and their reactions upon living beings, Lord Sri Krsna and the munis began to pacify those who were shocked and affected
- Consciousness is already there because we are part and parcel of the Lord, but for us there is the affinity of being affected by the inferior modes. But the Lord, being the Supreme, is never affected
- Consciousness is already there, but because we are part and parcels, therefore we are affected. There is affinity of being affected by the material modes. But the Lord being Supreme, He is never affected
- He (a person in Krsna Consciousness) endures all such incidental occurrences because he knows that they come and go and do not affect his duties
- He creates these manifested universes in order to reclaim the living beings who are within them suffering threefold miseries, maintains them, and in due course annihilates them without being the least affected by such actions
- His (the pure devotee) aim is to become completely purified in the service of the Lord without being affected by material designations
- How can a highly learned person who has absolutely no affinity for the bodily conception of life be affected by the bodily conception in regard to house, children, wealth and similar other bodily productions?
- I am very much anxious that Govinda Dasi has fallen sick. Similarly, I am also from yesterday feeling little uncomfortable on account of backache. I think the constant change of climate in Buffalo has affected my rheumatic tendencies
- If it isn't very serious, I think you should ask Aniruddha not to be affected by such flimsy disagreement
- If there were no rebirth for the soul, Arjuna had no reason to be afraid of being affected by sinful reactions due to his killing his grandfather and teacher
- In order to concentrate the mind, one should always remain in seclusion and avoid disturbance by external objects. He should be very careful to accept favorable and reject unfavorable conditions that affect his realization
- It is better to engage in one's own occupation, even though one may perform it imperfectly, than to accept another's occupation and perform it perfectly. Duties prescribed according to one's nature are never affected by sinful reactions
- It is very difficult for a person who is too materially affected to understand the personal nature of the Supreme Absolute Truth
- Narada said, "His (Krsna) knowledge is not affected by the process of creation, maintenance and annihilation, nor is it ever influenced by any agency beyond Himself, nor is it agitated by the interactions of the material qualities"
- Natural life means there are three modes of material nature. So somebody is affected or infected by some modes of material nature
- Nityananda Prabhu continued, "You are such a monist! And now I am eating beside You. I do not know how My mind will be affected in this way"
- Nor should we extend invitations to Mayavadis and atheists nor accept their invitations, for by such intimate intermingling we may become affected by their atheistic mentality (sangat sanjayate kamah)
- One devotee said, "My dear Mukunda, I cannot properly express the glories of Your pastimes. Even when the nondevotees hear of Your glorious pastimes they become affected and shed tears and start to tremble"
- One who does not know the spiritual potency of the Supreme Personality of Godhead thinks of the Lord as an ordinary human being. But the Lord's mind, intelligence and senses can never be affected by material conditions
- Ordinary poison affects only those who drink it, and ordinary fire can be extinguished simply by pouring water on it, but the arani fire ignited by the spiritual potency of a brahmana who is dissatisfied can burn to ashes the whole family of a person
- People cannot understand the activities of the subtle body, and consequently they are bewildered as to how the actions of one gross body affect another gross body
- People who have accepted a temporary, material body are always full of anxieties. One should not, therefore, be very much affected by this material body, but should try to be freed
- Since You (Krsna) are the Supreme Brahman, everything is existing within You, and since all the activities of material nature are controlled by Your Lordship, none of these activities affect You
- So far your telling me that some other devotees discouraged you in the past, I also had trouble with some of my Godbrothers, but I never let it affect my service
- So the difference between Siva and jiva is that the all-auspicious Personality of Godhead is never affected by the material qualities, whereas the minute portions of the S P of Godhead are prone to be affected by the qualities of material nature
- Social and political issues do not affect him (the devotee), because he knows the situation of temporary upheavals and disturbances
- Sometimes he even goes to the hellish planets. Hellish conditions do not affect Narada Muni because he is engaged in greatly responsible activities in devotional service
- Sri Baladeva Vidyabhusana says that although Visnu is the predominating Deity of the quality of goodness in the material world, He is never affected by the quality of goodness, for He directs that quality simply by His supreme will
- The attractive features of a woman are appreciated by those who are affected by lusty desires, but those who are above such desires, who are on the platform of Krsna consciousness, are very difficult to bewilder
- The changes of the body do not affect the soul. The soul does not deteriorate like a tree, nor anything material. The soul has no by-product either
- The conditioned soul becomes enwrapped in the material world, whereas the Supersoul, or the Supreme Personality of Godhead, leaves it without being affected, just as a snake sheds his skin
- The contamination of the material world does not affect the Supreme Godhead. Krsna therefore says in the Bhagavad-gita that those who are rascals and fools think of Him as an ordinary human being, not knowing His param bhavam
- The Earth personified continued, "He (bhagadatta) has been very much affected by the ghastly situation created by the death of his father and has become very much confused and afraid"
- The effect of developing the mode of goodness in the world is that one becomes wiser than those otherwise conditioned. A man in goodness is not so much affected by material miseries, and he has a sense of advancement in material knowledge
- The great sage Narada told Dhruva: My dear boy, you are only a little boy whose attachment is to sports and other frivolities. Why are you so affected by words insulting your honor?
- The lamentation that accrues from not obtaining a goal or from losing something already attained does not affect this completeness
- The Lord creates the manifested universes, maintains them and annihilates them without being in the least affected. He is within every living being and is always independent
- The Lord is never affected by any kind of wrath, so how can there be any place for lust, which is less strong than wrath? When lust or desire is not fulfilled, there is the appearance of wrath
- The Lord is never affected by the activities which He apparently performs by His different incarnations and personalities, nor does He have any desire to achieve success by fruitive activities. The Lord is full by His different potencies
- The material qualities of goodness, passion and ignorance cannot affect the position of the Supreme Personality of Godhead; therefore He is called nirguna free from all tinges of material qualities
- The more one advances in spiritual consciousness, the less he is affected by the duality of material qualities. The Supreme Lord, therefore, must certainly be freed from these qualities
- The more one is affected by the principle of maya, the more he is detached from the basic principle of love. One cannot factually love anything unless he is fully developed in the loving service of the Lord
- The more we become spiritually developed, the less we are affected by the happiness or distress that arise out of sense perception in contact with material association
- The regulative principles observed by Caitanya Mahaprabhu were sometimes intolerable, and all the devotees became greatly affected by them
- The soul's fatigue is not factual, but as long as one is immersed in the illusory bodily conception, one is affected by such false dreams
- The spirit soul can never be struck by the sharp sword, nor can he be burnt by fire. He can never be affected by water or air, and thus, the spirit soul is eternally indestructible, nonflammable, nonevaporable, and noncorrodable
- The time factor cannot affect the span of life of the devotees
- The transcendental Lord, in any conception of His form, is never a part of the material creation. He keeps His identity as Supreme Spirit in all circumstances and is never affected by the three material qualities, for everything material is contaminated
- These (hunger, thirst, lamentation, illusion, old age and death) are the whips of material existence, and as long as one remained in that Sudharma assembly house he would not be affected by these six material whips
- This is the opulence of the Lord. Although situated within the material nature, He is never affected by the modes of nature. Similarly, those who have surrendered to Him and have fixed their intelligence upon Him are not influenced by the modes of nature
- Ultimately, one has to meditate on the Supreme Personality of Godhead in order to be elevated to the transcendental position where he is no longer affected by the three modes of material nature
- Unfortunately, his whole life can be disturbed by a wife who divorces him; when the husband is disturbed, the whole family is ruined, the children are dispersed or the business is closed, and everything is affected
- Unfortunately, materially affected conditioned souls are all more or less averse to topics of the Supreme Lord because some of them do not believe in the existence of God and some of them believe only in the impersonal feature of the Lord
- Vasudeva said, "You (Krsna and Balarama) are beyond the perception of our senses. You are the Supreme Soul, unborn and unchanging. You are not affected by the six kinds of transformations which occur in the material body"
- Vrnda tells Krsna, "All of these gopis have become so affected (by Krsna's smile) that it is as if they had offered three sprinkles of water upon their lives. In other words, they have given up all hope for their living condition"
- We are all conditioned souls so we are affected by Maya, but if we sincerely chant and serve, our attachment for Krishna will be revived and we will no more have to come under this Maya
- We cannot control the force of our anger. Therefore when we look at material things, we cannot avoid feeling attraction or repulsion for them. But the Supreme Lord is never affected in this way
- We cannot stop the miseries of the material atmosphere, but Krsna consciousness is the antiseptic method to protect us from being affected by the miseries of material existence
- When a devotee becomes affected with this mental condition, his love is expressed through the lips
- When a devotee is always intensely affected by love for Krsna in a direct relationship with Him - or even a little apart from Him - his status is called existential ecstatic love
- When He descends into the material universe, His consciousness is not materially affected. If He were so affected, He would be unfit to speak on transcendental matters as He does in the Bhagavad-gita
- When Krsna descends in this material world, His consciousness is not materially affected. Had His consciousness been materially affected, He was unfit to speak about the transcendental subject matter in the Bhagavad-gita
- When one becomes deeply affected by the devotion of the residents of Vrajabhumi and tries to follow in their footsteps, he does not care for the restrictions or regulations of the revealed scriptures. This is the characteristic of one in raga-bhakti
- When one comes to the Brahman platform, the platform of spiritual life, fully understanding that he is a spiritual soul, he is no longer affected by lamentation or hankering
- When one is in an insane condition, he speaks all kinds of nonsense. Thus to become engaged in sense gratification, one has to accept a friend who is durmada, or badly affected by the material disease
- When Vrsasura appeared in Vrndavana as a bull, all of the gopis became greatly affected with fear. Being perturbed in that way, they began to embrace the tamala trees
- While rehearsing the Jagannatha-vallabha-nataka he (Ramananda Raya) personally directed extremely beautiful young girls in dancing, but he was never affected by their youthful beauty
- While the living entities enjoy the material conditions, the Lord maintains His transcendental position without being affected by the material atmosphere