Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Accepting The Body As The Self
"body as oneself" |"body as the self" |"body with the self" |"elements with his self" |"self is different"|"body as himself"
Pages in category "Accepting The Body As The Self"
The following 34 pages are in this category, out of 34 total.
- After bathing in the sea, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to His residence with all the devotees. Then they all lunched on the remnants of food offered to Lord Jagannatha
- Although the living entity is constitutionally conversant with the spiritual energy, or has the potency to understand it, he is covered by the material energy and consequently believes himself to be the body
- Darkness means "I am this body, and to fulfill the necessities of the body is the highest perfection of my life"
- Detached person naturally prefers to live in a secluded place, he does not eat more than what he requires, and he controls the activities of his body and mind. He has no false ego because he does not accept the body as himself
- He (Lord Krsna) is not as easily accessible to mental speculators, to those striving for self-realization by severe austerities and penances, or to those who consider the body the same as the self
- He does not know that he himself is in the darkest region of craziness because of accepting his body as permanent
- How a living entity becomes a victim of the material condition is lucidly explained in this verse. The beginning is to misidentify the body as one's self
- Only when a conditioned soul accepts the body as himself does he feel the effects of chastisement or praise. Then he determines one person to be his enemy and another his friend and wants to chastise the enemy and welcome the friend
- Our material senses of perception and action are moving because we are identifying the self with the material body, and that the superior principle of Superself is guiding and supplying us according to our desire
- The body is material, but within the body is the soul. This is spiritual understanding. Unfortunately, one who is in ignorance, under the spell of material illusion, accepts the body to be the self. He cannot understand that the body is matter
- The body is not the self, but animals and foolish people think that it is. Vivarta (illusion) does not, however, denote a change in the identity of the spirit soul; it is the misconception that the body is the self that is an illusion
- The body is not the self. The self is different. If you analyze this body, what you will find? Suppose we are breathing. What is this breathing? It is air only. Now, when the breathing is stopped, a man is dead
- The body is not the self; we are different from the body, and therefore there is no question of friends, enemies or responsibilities in terms of the bodily conception of life
- The conditioned soul considers his body to be his self and considers everything in relationship with the body to be his. Because he has this wrong conception of life, he is subjected to dualities like praise and chastisement
- The conditioned soul, being in the bodily conception of life, considers his body to be his self and considers everything in relationship with the body to be his
- The Darwin's theory simply bewilders one into thinking this body is the self
- The first engineer of this universe, Lord Brahma, he comes from Krsna. Not directly Krsna, but from Garbhodakasayi Visnu
- The symptoms of the self-realized person are given herein. The first symptom is that he is not illusioned by the false identification of the body with his true self. He knows perfectly well that he is not this body
- The tenth offense is to be attached to the misconception of possessing something, or to accept the body as one's self, while executing the process of spiritual cultivation
- This asuric public, they do not know which way their destination is. They say it is self-interest, but these rascals, they do not know what is the self-interest, because their very beginning of life is mistaken. They are thinking this body is the self
- This is conditional life. Everyone is thinking, "I am this body." Everyone is committing mistake. Illusion and mistake
- This position of rightly understanding oneself cuts the knot of material attraction. Due to false ego, or false identification of oneself with the body and the material world, one is entrapped by maya
- This process of chanting is so nice that it cleanses the heart, misunderstanding that "I am this body. I belong to this nation. I belong to this community. I belong to this religion." No. "I belong to Krsna," that's all