Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
abandon | abandoned | abandoning | abandonment | abandons
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Abandon"
The following 77 pages are in this category, out of 77 total.
- A foolish person is amazed that Krsna orders,"Abandon all varieties of religious activities and just surrender unto Me." Some foolish scholars even say that this is too much to demand
- Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. Everyone should be induced to accept this order, for this is victory. And it is the duty of the soldier, the devotee, to impress upon everyone this philosophy of life
- Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear
- Abandoning your offenses, chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, the holy names of the Lord. Then very soon you will achieve shelter at the lotus feet of Krsna
- According to scriptural codes, a teacher who engages in an abominable action and has lost his sense of discrimination is fit to be abandoned
- After abandoning the dancing, the Lord ordered Svarupa Damodara to sing. Understanding His mind, Svarupa Damodara began to sing as follows
- All living entities have abandoned that golden land (the land between Manasottara Mountain and Lokaloka Mountain)
- All the devotees would abandon all kinds of duties for Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's sake, yet the Lord did not like the devotees' giving up their promised duties
- All the residents of Vidyanagara were of different faiths, but after seeing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, they abandoned their own faiths and became Vaisnavas
- Although Visvarupa was the son of the daughter of their eternal enemies the demons, the demigods accepted him as their priest in accordance with the order of Brahma when they were abandoned by their spiritual master, Brhaspati, whom they had disrespected
- As soon as one declines to remain subordinate and tries to become an enjoyer, he begins his material conditioning. When he abandons this spirit of being an individual owner or enjoyer, he becomes situated in his liberated state
- As through devotion to the Lord one can attain His abode, many have attained that goal by abandoning their sinful activities and absorbing their minds in the Lord through lust, envy, fear or affection
- Aside from the parents of our students, many businessmen are also dissatisfied because we teach our students to abandon intoxication, meat-eating, illicit sex and gambling
- Because of the grievous hurt imposed upon her by Krsna's sucking her breast, Putana, while dying, not only left the room but abandoned the village and fell down in the pasturing ground in her gigantic body
- Because of this (if in the household life the husband becomes subordinate to the wife, involvement in materialistic life again becomes prominent), according to the Vedic system, after a certain age a man is recommended to abandon his family life
- Bilvamangala Thakura abandoned his impersonal realization for the realization of the Personality of Godhead. I now see that my condition is similar to his, for it has already changed
- By the influence of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, all these people abandoned their own opinions and became Vaisnavas, devotees of Krsna
- Generally hippies are sons of great fathers and great families. It is not that they are always poor. But some way or another they abandon the shelter of their rich fathers and travel all over the world
- Glorious is that devotee who does not give up the shelter of his Lord, and glorious is that Lord who does not abandon His servant
- God says, "Surrender unto Me," so why not surrender? Why surrender to maya? That is the individual's choice. Another example: the government does not want the youth to become hippies, but they are abandoning a wealthy life just to lie down
- I (Uttanapada) am very much addicted to my wife, and I am so fallen that I have abandoned all merciful behavior, even to my son (Dhruva), who is only five years old. I have banished him and his mother, even though he is a great soul and a great devotee
- I am a poor sannyasi, I cannot abandon the duties of the renounced order, and therefore I follow them strictly
- I do not know why Gopala Krsna's father is so much upset. I have received one letter from GK in which he writes "I don't think my parents will have any objections now because I have assured them in telegrams & letter that I am not going to abandon them"
- I shall go to see Sacimata, but I shall not go for Your sake. I shall be responsible for the abandoning of my vow and service to Gopinatha
- If Arjuna abandoned the battle he would be committing an infamous act. Therefore Krsna said that such an attitude in Arjuna did not fit his personality
- If he abandoned the battle, not only would he neglect his specific duty as a ksatriya, but he would lose all his fame and good name and thus prepare his royal road to hell. In other words, he would go to hell not by fighting but by withdrawing from battle
- If I especially favor someone, I gradually deprive him of his wealth. Then the relatives and friends of such a poverty-stricken man abandon him. In this way he suffers one distress after another
- If people want to be saved from the killing business life after life, they must take to Krsna consciousness and cease sinful activity. ISKCON recommends that everyone abandon meat-eating, illicit sex, intoxication and gambling
- In Kali-yuga the citizens will abandon their attempts to lead a peaceful life and will leave their homes and hearths and go to the forest in sheer disappointment
- Inform my daughter Sathi to abandon her relationship with her husband because he has fallen down. When the husband falls down, it is the wife's duty to relinquish the relationship
- Many businessmen are also dissatisfied because we teach our students to abandon intoxication, meat-eating, illicit sex and gambling. If the Krsna consciousness movement spreads, the so-called businessmen will have to close their slaughterhouses
- My dear Lord, those devotees who have thrown away the impersonal conception of the Absolute Truth &have therefore abandoned discussing empiric philosophical truths should hear from self-realized devotees about Your holy name, form, pastimes & qualities
- My dear Sakara Mallika, from this day your names will be changed to Srila Rupa and Srila Sanatana. Now please abandon your humility, for My heart is breaking to see you so humble
- Of the two rules, Ramacandra Puri obeys the first by abandoning praise, but although he knows that the second is more prominent, he neglects it by criticizing others
- On hearing that the most dear Krsna was approaching Dvarakadhama, magnanimous Vasudeva, Akrura, Ugrasena, Balarama (the superhumanly powerful), Pradyumna, Carudesna and Samba the son of Jambavati, all extremely happy, abandoned resting, sitting and dining
- One should engage oneself in the practice of yoga with determination and faith and not be deviated from the path. One should abandon, without exception, all material desires born of mental speculation and thus control all the senses on all sides
- One who is aware of real religious life must abandon the five branches of irreligion as irreligious
- Simply by seeing the Lord and smelling the aroma of tulasi and saffron from His lotus feet, the Kumaras became devotees and abandoned their long-cherished impersonalism
- Sometimes one becomes attracted to Krsna and His transcendental qualities simply by looking upon the beautiful features of His transcendental body, in which case one abandons the desire for liberation and engages in His devotional service
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Where should the living entity live, abandoning all other places?" Ramananda Raya replied, "He should live in the holy place known as Vrndavana or Vrajabhumi, where the Lord performed His rasa dance"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then said, "If you abandon His service, it will be My fault. It is better that you remain here and render service. That will be My satisfaction"
- Srikanta then told Sanatana Gosvami, "Stay here for at least two days and dress up like a gentleman. Abandon these dirty garments"
- Sripada Sankaracarya has unceremoniously obscured the Krsna consciousness described in the purusa Vedanta-sutra by manufacturing an indirect interpretation and abandoning the direct interpretation
- The gopis are forced to abandon their household duties and come before Lord Krsna. In this way all social etiquette, shame and fear are vanquished. The vibration of His flute causes all women to dance
- The idea of ownership, even of one's family, must be abandoned. The dream of material life is the cause of bondage in the cycle of birth and death, and therefore one should give up this dream
- The karma-kanda portion stresses the execution of fruitive activities. But ultimately it is advised that one abandon both karma-kanda and jnana-kanda (speculative knowledge) and accept only upasana-kanda, or bhakti-kanda
- The Lord gives good counsel and advises the living entity to abandon trying to become happy through material adjustment and instead turn his face toward the Supreme Personality of Godhead and surrender unto Him
- The man to whom the Lord shows His mercy by inspiring him within the heart takes shelter only of Lord Krsna and abandons all Vedic and social customs
- The philosopher Jaimini and his followers, who are all more or less logicians, have abandoned the real meaning of the Vedas - devotional service - and tried to establish that the Absolute Truth is subordinate to the material world
- The servitor must have love and affection for the lotus feet of the Lord exactly like this. Even if the Lord wants separation, a devotee cannot abandon the shelter of His lotus feet
- The vibration of His flute slackens the knots of their underwear even in front of their husbands. Thus the gopis are forced to abandon their household duties and come before Lord Krsna. In this way all social etiquette, shame and fear are vanquished
- Then the maidservants of the goddess of fortune said to the servants of Jagannatha, "Why did your Jagannatha abandon the great opulence of the goddess of fortune and, for the sake of a few leaves, fruits & flowers, go see the flower garden of Radharani"
- Then, by hearing about the pure love of the residents of Vraja, devotees will worship Me on the path of spontaneous love, abandoning all rituals of religiosity and fruitive activity
- There are six principles favorable to the execution of pure devotional service - (5) Abandoning the association of nondevotees, and (6) following in the footsteps of the previous acaryas
- This was actually proved by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu Himself when He passed through the forest of Jharikhanda. At that time the tigers, snakes, deer and all other animals abandoned their natural animosity and began chanting and dancing in sankirtana
- Those who are very fond of family life should come forward in the service of the spiritual master and abandon so-called happiness afforded by society, friendship and love
- To execute the will of the spiritual master, the disciple should be prepared to lay down his life and abandon all personal considerations
- When a person regrets his sinful activities, the abandoning of Krsna consciousness and good intelligence, his path of deliverance from the path of material clutches is opened
- When one gives up all fruitive activity and fully surrenders to the Lord, he attains sva-dharma-tyaga, wherein he abandons the social order and takes to the renounced order. That is certainly better
- When that leper, the sinful son of a brahmana, saw the chastity of his wife, he finally abandoned his sinful intentions. While coming home, however, he touched the body of Markandeya Rsi, who thus cursed him to die at sunrise
- When the gaudas saw that they could not budge the car, they abandoned the attempt. Then the King arrived in great anxiety, and he was accompanied by his officers and friends
- Without hesitation, one should take exclusive shelter of Krsna with full confidence, giving up bad association and even neglecting the regulative principles of the four varnas and four asramas. That is to say, one should abandon all material attachment