Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"cow pasture"|"cow pastures"|"pasture"|"pastured"|"pastured"|"pastures"|"pasturing ground"|"pasturing grounds"|"pasturing land"|"pasturing"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna's Pasturing Ground (5 P)
Pages in category "Pasturing Ground"
The following 57 pages are in this category, out of 57 total.
- A similar statement is there in connection with Mother Yasoda when she was too anxious to hear the sound of Krsna's flute, expecting Him back from the pasturing ground
- Actually, cow protection is easier when they have simply pasturing ground and we have no botheration for their upkeep. But because in the winter season we have to lock them up and feed them by spending, is that not a problem?
- After consulting with his demoniac ministers, Kamsa instructed a witch named Putana, who knew the black art of killing small children by ghastly sinful methods, to kill all kinds of children in the cities, villages and pasturing grounds
- All of these sakha friends of Krsna sought only to serve Him. Sometimes some of them would rise early in the morning and immediately go to Krsna's place and wait at the door to see Krsna and to accompany Him to the pasturing grounds
- All the cowherd men conferred and agreed to give those boys who had passed their fifth year charge of the cows in the pasturing ground. Given charge of the cows, Krsna and Balarama traversed Vrndavana, purifying the land with Their lotus footprints
- All the gopis in Vrndavana remained very morose on account of Krsna's absence. All day they were thinking of Krsna in the forest or of Him herding cows in the pasture
- Along with the other little cowherd boys, Krsna and Balarama went into the pasturing ground and took charge of the calves, and there They played with Their playmates. While taking charge of the calves, sometimes the two brothers played on Their flutes
- Along with this chanting of mantras and songs, bugles and kettledrums are sounded outside the house. On this occasion (the ceremony for Krsna's birth), the joyous vibrations could be heard in all the pasturing grounds and all the houses
- As for the boys, they were simply enjoying transcendental bliss in the company of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. At that time, the calves that were pasturing nearby entered into the deep forest, allured by new grasses, & gradually went out of sight
- As soon as the cows are happy, you not only get sufficient milk, but the pasturing ground, I mean to say, ground, becomes moist with milk. So much milk supplied
- At this age, whenever Krsna begins to vibrate His flute early in the morning, all of His friends immediately get up from bed just to join Him in going to the pasturing grounds
- Because of the grievous hurt imposed upon her by Krsna's sucking her breast, Putana, while dying, not only left the room but abandoned the village and fell down in the pasturing ground in her gigantic body
- Between those kingdoms (Hastinapur, Anarta, Sauvira and Kuruksetra) were many mountains, rivers, towns, villages, pasturing grounds and mining fields. The procession passed through all these places in its advance
- For one year continuously, Krsna Himself expanded as the calves and cowherd boys and was present in the pasturing ground
- For plain living we must have sufficient land for raising crops and pasturing grounds for the cows. If there is sufficient grains and production of milk, then the whole economic problem is solved
- Gokula means "flocks of cows." Go means cow and kula means flocks. Vraja is not different from Vrndavana. Vraja means the pasturing grounds and Vrndavana is the woods where there are many Tulsi leaves
- Gopa. Krsna, you know, in His abode, He is just like a sixteen-years-old boy, and His main pastime is to take the cows in the pasturing ground with His friends, boyfriends, and play with them. This is Krsna's day's business
- Grow grass, let them (the cows) pasture
- I am trying to make a plan out of the description of the plot of our leased land. And the hilly portions may be name as Govardhana. Govardhana-side, the pasturing grounds for the cows may be allotted
- If the land is not rocky and there is sufficient open space for pasturing ground so that we may keep cows all the year round, then it is a very nice proposal
- If you are getting enough milk from the cows simply by pasturing them, then that is all right. But if you require more then you may have to feed them special grains. We want to do whatever is easy and save time for Krishna consciousness
- If you can organize big dairy farms with large pasturing grounds, then the problem of milk supply and cow protection will automatically be done
- In India still the system is a householder keeps at least, in the village, at least ten to twelve cows. But he hasn't got to pay anything for keeping these. The cows go to the pasturing ground and in the evening comes back
- In the pasturing ground Krsna felt a little tired and wanted to take rest, so He laid down on the ground
- It (New Vrndavana) has a farmhouse and several other structures, well, streams, hills (govardhana, as named by Swamiji) pasture grounds (a cow will be acquired soon), ghat, pond, woodland, all situated on 138 acres
- It is not possible to purchase food for the cows. So maintain in this way, so, by natural food. And in your Germany I have seen, they are not given extra food. They are living by pasturing ground. That should be arranged
- It is very suitable for pasturing ground for our cows, and we and our families, the gopis with their children, can very peacefully live there
- Nanda continued, "We simply think of Krsna - how He used to smile and how He looked upon us with grace. When we go to the banks of the Yamuna or the lakes of Vrndavana or near Govardhana Hill or the pasturing fields"
- Nanda Maharaj, the father of Krsna, used to think: "In my pasturing ground the goddess of fortune is personally present, and I possess more than ten hundred, thousand cows which loiter here and there"
- Narada Muni once addressed Krsna jokingly: "My dear Lord of the cowherd boys, Your bulls while eating grass from the pasturing ground and moving on their four legs, have certainly eaten up all the grass of irreligion!"
- Observing the inauspicious signs, the cowherd men, including Maharaja Nanda, became very anxious out of fear. At the same time they were informed that Krsna had gone to the pasturing ground without His elder brother, Balarama
- Once, while Krsna was in the pasturing ground with His cowherd boys, His friends requested Him to go to the Talavana Forest, where Gardabhasura, a disturbing demon in the shape of an ass, resided
- So the cows, they should be given as much as possible pasturing. If you simply drink little milk, and little vegetables, that will supply all vitamins. You do not require to take vitamin pills
- Sometimes when Krsna and His sakhas went to the pasturing ground, Kamsa would send a demon to kill Krsna. Therefore, almost every day there was a fight with some different kind of demon
- Taking this opportunity, Devaprastha, out of his strong affection for Krsna, immediately began to massage His legs. Such are the activities of Krsna's friends out on the pasturing grounds
- The calves do not suck the teats of the cows, nor do the cows give milk. They are standing, crying, tears in their eyes, and the bulls take no pleasure in the pasturing grounds
- The cows also, who had been away in the pasturing ground, returned in the evening and called their respective calves. The calves immediately came to their mothers, and the mothers began to lick the bodies of the calves
- The cows were so melted with affection for the calves that they did not care about the rough path from the top of Govardhana Hill down to the pasturing ground. They approached the calves with their milk bags full of milk, and raised their tails upwards
- The dust from cows and calves on the road creates a kind of darkness indicating that Krsna is returning home from the pasture. Also, the darkness of evening provokes the gopis to meet Krsna
- The gopis continued, "Krsna has sent you (Uddhava) to His father and mother; otherwise He has no further business in Vrndavana. He is now in town. What does He have to know about Vrndavana village or the cows' pasturing grounds"
- The gopis continued, "O Krsna, when You return from the pasturing ground with the animals, we see Your face covered by Your curly hair and dusted by the hoof dust of the cows"
- The lady continued, "In the morning when He goes to the pasturing ground with His cows and cowherd boyfriends, and in the evening when He returns with them, playing on His flute and smiling very brilliantly"
- The vaisyas are specifically advised to give protection to the cows and their pasturing ground or agricultural land instead of squandering their hard-earned money. That will satisfy the Lord
- There (New Vrindaban) is sufficient land for building great temples and houses for devotees. There is pasturing land, and sufficient grass and vegetables for the grazing of cows
- There were auspicious stars visible in the sky (during the birth of Krsna), and on the surface in all towns and villages and pasturing grounds and within the minds of everyone there were signs of good fortune