Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
news | newscast | newsclipping | newsclippings | newscuttings | newses | newsletter | newsletters | newsmen's | newsreel | newsstand
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "News"
The following 123 pages are in this category, out of 123 total.
- After this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat them down by His side and asked them, "What news do you have of Sanatana"
- All the kings were joyful at the news (of Krsna's forthcoming visit to Hastinapur) and began to wait very anxiously for the Lord's arrival
- All these news are to me life-giving ambrosia, so the more you open branches, the more I increase my duration of life
- Another news is that Mother Syama dasi came to L.A. with some of her Gujarati devotees. She appeared to be nice Vaisnavi. And she wants to work in cooperation with me. I have told her that I have no objection but how we shall cooperate...
- Another nice news is that all of you women are going out daily for preaching. Very good. Continue it whole heartedly
- As soon as Nanda and Yasoda and the cowherd men heard this news (that Balarama was not with Krsna), they became even more anxious
- As soon as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this news, He went there with all His personal associates. They then stood there and watched the elephants try to pull the car
- As soon as the news of Jarasandha's death was announced, all the citizens of Magadha began to cry, "Alas! Alas!” while Lord Krsna and Arjuna embraced Bhimasena to congratulate him
- As we inquire every morning, "What is the news today?" Immediately we pick newspaper. That inquisitiveness is there. But we are inquiring very base things only. There is no desire to inquire about the highest possibility, brahma-jnana
- At Pandarapura the Lord (Caitanya) received news from Sri Ranga Puri that Sankararanya (Visvarupa) had disappeared there
- Even up to the time of Maharaja Pariksit there were interplanetary communications, and the news of Maharaja Pariksit's fasting unto death to attain salvation reached the higher planets in the sky where the intelligent demigods live
- Every living entity has a tendency to hear pleasing messages, and as such almost every one of us is inclined to hear news and talks broadcast by the radio stations. But the difficulty is that no one is satisfied at heart by hearing all those messages
- He (Maharaja Drupada) was disappointed when he heard the false news of Arjuna's death in the fire of a shellac house intrigued by Duryodhana
- He wished good fortune to all the imprisoned kings and the messenger. After receiving this assurance from Lord Krsna, the messenger returned to the imprisoned kings and informed them of the happy news of the Lord's forthcoming visit
- Hearing this news, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately went to see Sri Ranga Puri at the brahmana's home. Upon entering, the Lord saw him sitting there
- Hearing this news, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, He has done very well by no longer standing at the Simha-dvara gate. Such begging of alms resembles the behavior of a prostitute
- Here is a boy who was about to commit suicide, but he came to Krishna instead and now he is perfecting his life. That is most encouraging news
- How is that there is no news from you about the land? I expected to receive news through Nitai, but there is no news. Please see to this matter as I have requested you in my previous letter, the copy of which is enclosed
- I am glad to learn that another branch in Toronto you are contemplating to open. This news I have received from Cidananda also
- I am glad to learn that two new boys, Robb and Kelly, have moved into your temple. Also, it is good news that you now have a weekly course in the University there
- I am so much grieved to learn the news of our revered god-brother, Swami Bhakti Sadhak Niskincana Maharaja, and I am so glad to learn that he passed away in full sense chanting "Krishna, Krishna". This is a glorious death
- I am so much pleased to hear that you are travelling with a few men to each and every college campus to preach. That is wonderful news. Now try to build up and develop that programme to perfection
- I am so pleased to note that Sadanandini is now staying in Detroit, living at the temple, and arrangements are being made for her wedding to Candanacarya. It is very good news. She is a very nice girl, so take care of her
- I am very glad to learn that the children at Gurukula school are making good progress in their Krishna Consciousness education, that is very good news
- I am very upset to learn the news of that incident in Trinidad. Yes, you are right to stay away from such a place, and there is no harm if husband and wife live separately for some time
- I have already sent you my congratulations for improving the get-up of BTG and I am sending news to Gaurasundara for his wonderful service to the cause
- I have received today one telegram from Rupanuga, informing me that MacMillan Co. is enthusiastic to print our Bhagavad-gita As It Is, 30,000 paperback and 10,000 hardback. This is very good news
- I hope by this time the San Francisco devotees have already started for London, and I shall be glad to hear if there is any news from them, or about them
- I note that you have returned from another successful preaching mission in distant parts of Africa. I am always so much pleased to hear such good news how the traveling preachers are spreading this KC movement to every nook and corner of the world
- I thank you very much for the news that many cassette-tapes you have sent for continuing the taping process of my lectures and translating. Otherwise they are either unobtainable or very costly here in India, so it is a very nice service
- I was especially pleased by the information that "The Hindi books are selling like hotcakes in Vrndavana." This is very good news
- In Prabhasa-ksetra he (Arjuna) heard the news that Lord Balarama was negotiating the marriage of Subhadra, the daughter of Arjuna’s maternal uncle, Vasudeva
- It appears this part of the world ( central America) is very, very sympathetic with our movement, so you may supply Karandhara with all the news reports and request him to send men to open centers
- It is good news for me that our Seattle, Washington temple is growing under your able guidance, and I am much obliged to you
- It is good news that you have come to your senses that nothing should be done by contractor. Everything should be done by ourselves. Mr. Saraf is experienced, so take his help. So go on raising funds, constructing, and send me the plans
- It is my policy to publish as many as possible of articles by my disciples. BTG should contain news of our temples, articles, pictures of our activities, etc
- It is nice that you are visiting two university towns regularly for Sankirtana and lectures. Such news engladdens me
- It is very good news that the girl Haridasi is dreaming about Krishna, and Krishna is playing with her; it is very much encouraging. It means she will come out a great and successful devotee of Krishna when she is grown up and young
- It is very good news that your Temple has attracted so many sincere, intelligent and enthusiastic devotees. Please see them all trained nicely in devotional service and let them continue to follow the regulative principles and work on patiently
- It is very good news to hear that the German government has granted you a 5 year visa and that your Sankirtana activities are expanding. This is all very encouraging
- It is very gratifying that at last you have got a five-story building, and in the meantime negotiations are continuing for a church. It is very good news and I thank you for your joint invitation
- Junior Haridasa afterwards committed suicide due to being disassociated from the company of the Lord (Caitanya), and the news of suicide was duly related to the Lord
- Just as the words of the astrologer Sarvajna gave news of the poor man's treasure, the Vedic literatures advise one about Krsna consciousness when one is inquisitive to know why he is in a distressed material condition
- Laksmana said, "The news of this device spread all over the world, and when the princes heard of it they arrived at my father’s capital city from all directions, fully equipped with armor and guided by their military instructors"
- Lord Ramacandra's grief at the news of Sitadevi's entering the earth is not to be considered material
- Maharaja Pariksit could have gone to the muni to beg his pardon, but the news of imminent death was conveyed to the King with so much regret by the muni that the King did not want to shame the muni further by his presence there
- Maharaja Pariksit, just after receiving the news of his death within seven days, at once retired from family life and shifted himself to the sacred bank of the Yamuna River
- Maharaja Yudhisthira observed some discrepancies in his kingdom, and therefore he became very anxious about Arjuna, who was long absent, and there was also no news about Dvaraka's well-being
- Make the well 100 feet deep and big and fix a pump so that you can always take water from. This news about the well has pleased me very much. Also, because the tamal tree is blooming so nicely you may let it stand; do not cut it down, but let it grow
- Mr. Harrison is purchasing 172 acres of land near London, and it is expected that he will construct a temple of Radha-Krishna there. This is also very encouraging news
- Mundane news is static whereas transcendental news is dynamic, inasmuch as the spirit is dynamic and matter is static
- My dear Sir, mother Sita is the mother of the universe and the supreme goddess of fortune. She has been touched by the demon Ravana, and I am troubled upon hearing this news
- Nanda Maharaja and Yasodamayi said, "It is also very good news that You (Balarama) and Krsna defeated Jarasandha and Kalayavana, who is now dead, and that You are now living in a fortified residence in Dvaraka"
- Nanda Maharaja and Yasodamayi said, "It is very good news that the most sinful King Kamsa has been killed by You (Balarama) and that our friends like Vasudeva and the others who had been harassed have now been relieved"
- Narada spoke as follows: "By Your (Krsna's) grace, however, I have seen many times the action of Your inconceivable potency & therefore when You ask me for the news of the Pandavas, which is not at all unknown to You, I am not surprised at Your inquiry"
- News of the fighting (Siva fighting with Krsna and Balarama) spread all over the universe
- News of this was received by the gorilla king, Jambavan, who then killed that lion in the cave and took away the jewel
- No one is satisfied at heart by hearing all those messages (news and radio broadcasts). The cause of such dissatisfaction is the incompatibility of the message with the innermost stratum of the living soul
- One day when the boy came to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the Lord very affectionately inquired from him about all kinds of news
- One friend of Krsna's criticized Him by saying, "My dear Lord, You have become the King of Mathura after killing Kamsa, and that is very good news for us
- One should not indulge in talking unnecessarily about news of the material world. One should not waste time in this way. This is a very important feature in the life of a devotee
- Since You (Krsna) are the most beloved son of Your father, Vasudeva, Your mother, Devaki, has sent me to inform You of the unfortunate news that Salva has arrested Your father and taken him away by force, just as a butcher mercilessly takes away an animal
- So far as eating only two chopaties and a little vegetables daily, I never said that. I do not know why such news has spread without my written authority
- Sometimes we get news from newspaper that a child is born. He is speaking about his previous birth. Perhaps you know. Sometimes it may be possible in extraordinary cases. But it is a fact. It is a fact that in my previous life I had also another body
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu inquired from Sanatana about news of his well-being. Sanatana replied, "Everything is auspicious because I have seen Your lotus feet"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu remained for some days at Alalanatha. In the meantime, He received news that all the devotees from Bengal were coming to Jagannatha Puri
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then sat down with Haridasa and Rupa Gosvami. They inquired from one another about auspicious news and then continued to talk together for some time
- Srila Jiva Gosvami states that the news (that all his relatives had died) was shocking to Vidura, who therefore inquired again (to Uddhava) due to great curiosity. Thus his inquiry was psychological and not practical
- Sugar is fermented with acid and then distilled. It becomes liquor. And the ants are very much fond of sugar. You keep up one piece of sugar candy. Then the news will be immediately spread, and all the ant class will go there
- The activities of Lord Visnu or Lord Krsna. That is hearing. Not that hearing the news in the newspaper, not that sort of hearing. Brahma-jijnasa. These things are statement in the Vedas
- The best news of all is that soon we shall have our own press for printing Krishna Consciousness literature in the German language. Our life and soul is kirtana and presenting literature to the public at large
- The brahmana offered Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu food with great respect and love. After finishing His lunch, the Lord received auspicious news
- The fallen souls are very eager to receive novel informations every day, and the transcendentalists like Vyasadeva or Narada can supply such eager people in general with unlimited news from the spiritual world
- The gopis received Uddhava very happily and began to speak as follows: "We have heard that King Kamsa, who was always a source of trouble for the Yadu dynasty, has now been killed. This is good news for us"
- The great sage Narada immediately carried the news to the Yadu dynasty that Samba had been arrested and told them the whole story. The members of the Yadu dynasty became very angry at Samba's being arrested, and improperly so by six warriors
- The Haryasvas abided by the order of Narada Muni, but when news of this was brought to Prajapati Daksa, the prajapati, instead of being happy with the actions of Narada Muni, was extremely sorrowful
- The leaders of the Kurus, especially Dhrtarastra & Duryodhana, were joyful because they knew very well that Balarama was a great well-wisher of Kurus. There were no bounds to their joy on hearing the news (Balarama arrived), & so they welcomed Uddhava
- The magistrate specifically punished the muni (Manduka Muni) to death by being pierced with a lance. When he was just to be pierced, the news reached the king, and he at once stopped the act on consideration of his being a great muni
- The news of her (the sparrow's) activity spread, and at last Garuda, the gigantic bird carrier of Lord Visnu, heard it. He became compassionate toward his small sister bird, and so he came to see the sparrow
- The news that the Mahant of the Sri Beni Madhava temple is thinking of turning the management over to the Krsna Consciousness Movement, is very welcome
- The newsletters which you have sent are very nice. Thank you very much
- The other day I was reading in the, that paper, Moscow News, there was a congress, Communist congress, and the president declared that "We are ready to get others' experience to improve"
- The Pandavas and Draupadi were in exile, after losing their empire in gambling, and Jayadratha thought it wise to send news to Draupadi in an illicit manner through Kotisasya, one of his associates
- The result of such hearing (hearing the sages) is detachment from worldliness, so much so that even a small boy (Narada Muni in his previous live) could receive the death news of his mother, who was his only caretaker, as the blessing of God
- The same queen said, "I take you to be a messenger from Him. If you have any such news, please tell me. Our Syamasundara is always very independent. He never comes under the control of anyone"
- The system of temple presidents sending twice monthly reports to the GBC was devised by me to facilitate my receiving news of all the centers through the GBC
- The transcendental bliss I have derived from hearing the news of the establishment of an ISKCON Center in Rome, Italy is not measurable within the three dimensions
- The younger generation is very pleased to see a beautiful form, to hear radio messages of material news & sense gratificatory songs, to smell nice scents, nice flowers & to touch the soft body or breasts of a young woman & gradually touch the sex organs
- This going and coming (between Jagannatha Puri and Navadvip) will help carry news of Lord Caitanya. In this way I will be able to get news of Him
- This is very encouraging news that Hamburg center is becoming more and more important. Hamsaduta is very anxious to open many branches in Europe and Germany. Please help and cooperate with him
- This news spread all over the country, and when Krsna heard that one could achieve the girl Satya only by defeating the seven bulls, He prepared Himself to go to the kingdom of Kosala
- To start a daily newspaper involves a proficient staff to manage as well as a good source of regular news
- Very good news. Now can see. This material body may remain or not remain, this movement will push on.(?) That is wanted. Where is such thing throughout the whole world? Hmm?
- Vidura did not ask about the welfare of his elder brother because there was no chance of his well-being, only news of his gliding down to hell
- We always advise, "Don't read newspaper. Don't read any other book," because it is full of gramya-katha. These externally very attractive news, we should avoid it completely. We shall simply talk of Krsna
- When I received news that you are to be operated I was perturbed but I submitted prayer to Krsna & am glad that Krsna is so merciful. He saved your life and your baby. So I am grateful to Krsna & you should know how much grateful we should all be to Krsna
- When I received the news sent me by your husband to Jayananda that you are going to be operated, I was little bit perturbed, but immediately I submitted my prayer to Krishna, and I am so glad that Krishna is so merciful
- When Krsna was absent from Vrndavana & was staying in Mathura, Srimati Radharani sent news to Him that His mother, the Queen of Braja, was feeling such separation from Him that there was foam coming from her mouth, like the foam on the shore of the ocean
- When Lord Krsna heard this unfortunate news from the unknown man, He at first became most perturbed, just like an ordinary human being. His face showed signs of grief, and He began to cry in a piteous tone
- When Maharaja Pariksit sat down on the bank of the Ganges, the news spread in all directions of the universe, and the great-minded sages, who could follow the importance of the occasion, all arrived there on the plea of pilgrimage
- When Nanda Maharaja arrived in Mathura, Vasudeva got the news and was very eager to congratulate his friend. He immediately went to the place where Nanda Maharaja was staying. When Nanda saw Vasudeva, he felt that he had regained his life
- When Sati passed away, giving up her body, the news was conveyed by Narada to Lord Siva. Narada always carries the news of such events because he knows their import
- When she saw that it was morning, the prostitute stood up and left. Coming before Ramacandra Khan, she informed him of all the news
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard news of this from the mouth of Govinda, He went there the next day and spoke as follows
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this news from Govinda, He inquired from Svarupa Damodara, "Why does Raghunatha dasa no longer stand at the Simha-dvara gate to beg alms"
- When the devotees finally reached the lion gate, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard the news and personally went to meet them
- When the news of Pradyumna's return spread all over the city of Dvaraka, all the astonished citizens came with great eagerness to see the lost Pradyumna. "The dead son has come back," they said. "What can be more pleasing than this"
- When the news spread that Krsna, Balarama and the cowherd boys were within Mathura City, all the inhabitants gathered, and the ladies and girls immediately went up to the roofs of the houses to see Them
- When they all arrived at a bridge called Atharanala, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, hearing the news of their arrival, sent two garlands with Govinda
- When Usa received the news that her father had arrested Aniruddha, she was overwhelmed with grief and confusion. Tears glided down from her eyes, and being unable to check herself, she began to cry very loudly
- When you send news of successful kirtana performances as I received it from London also, and so also I experience personally in Los Angeles, I am overwhelmed with spiritual joy
- Yes, I approve your distribution ideas, namely subscriber agents, news agents. The subscription drive is a solid program
- You have given me all happy news. The festival success is very encouraging to me. So go on with your festivals
- You have had some success in arranging for a temple in Vancouver. This is most encouraging news, but why you are silent? Please inform me of your progress there as I am always anxious to hear from you
- Your news of more publishing after seeing the newly published books is very happy news for me. Thank you
- Your rendering our books in the Spanish language will be a tremendous service to our Krishna Conscious movement. It is most encouraging news that you have begun this activity and by all means continue with it