Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
newspaper | newspaperman | newspapermen | newspapers
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Newspaper Clippings (7 P)
Pages in category "Newspaper"
The following 61 pages are in this category, out of 61 total.
- A human being is inclined to hear good narrations and stories, and therefore there are so many books, magazines and newspapers on the market to satisfy the interests of the developed soul
- Any man from any social status becomes a well-known man in human society within a very short time if he is simply glorified truly or falsely in the daily newspapers
- As we inquire every morning, "What is the news today?" Immediately we pick newspaper. That inquisitiveness is there. But we are inquiring very base things only. There is no desire to inquire about the highest possibility, brahma-jnana
- Atyaharah prayasah, prajalpah, talking all nonsense, sitting together and on the newspaper, "Oh, such politician said like this, such social worker..." All nonsense
- Bhagavad-gita it is said that man's attempt to reach higher planets is not new. Newspaper headlines read, "Man's First Steps on the Moon," but the reporters do not know that millions and millions of men went there and came back
- By unfair and slanderous newspaper and television propaganda, they have ruined our reputation and turned the general public against our movement. We cannot sit down and be idle
- Hare Krishna is there on all these newspaper reports, that I want, that somehow or other hundreds and thousands of men will chant Hare Krishna
- He has done "The world Examiner" expertly, in the style of "The Reader's Digest", taking articles from different newspapers. Combinedly, it is a strong statement against the criminal position of "deprogramming". Distribute them widely
- I am enclosing herewith a letter you may present to the authority and as a Divinity Student you must not be sent to the field. Chant Hare Krishna. Krishna will save you. Present our prospectus and all newspaper cuttings
- I am glad you are so enthusiastic for making our plan of a daily world newspaper a success. It is a very large task. To publish a daily newspaper requires a huge establishment and the editor must be very well versed so that he can comment on all fields
- I am hearing from the newspapers that in India there is some upheaval on the ground of political activities. I have also heard that you are observing "fast" and it has given me some concern
- I am subjoining herewith the letters which I have received from Sivananda, who is now in Amsterdam, and he is proceeding to Berlin. You will be pleased that his little activities for a few days, is now published in a local paper with his photo
- I beg to enclose herewith some newspaper cuttings for your information how we have performed Rathayatra Ceremony in San Francisco, London, Buffalo, Boston and Ohio
- I have also read the newspaper cuttings in which I understand that people accept our Society as genuine and religious. So it is Krsna's grace that they are giving you permission to chant on the streets
- I have also received the newspaper clipping enclosed by you, it is a nice picture. The newspapers are beginning to appreciate our Movement more and more and that is an index of popular feeling
- I have read all the newspaper cuttings and handbills very attentively, and I very much appreciate the counter presented by us against the vilification by the enemies
- I have seen the copy of the newsletter drawn up to send to influential people, etc. there in Canada and it is very nice. So you can send such newsletters to all our life members in India also
- I reached Boston as scheduled on December 21st, and there was a good reception by the devotees for Krishna's servant. The newspaper article published remarked on this occasion that "in the Logan Airport there has never been anything like this."
- I started out with this kind of paper, only I was the only writer, the only editor, the only publisher, and the only distributer
- If one is perfect in his inquiry from the authorized spiritual master, he can write things. Otherwise, what is the use of writing nonsense? Those books will be thrown away. After reading..., just like the newspaper thrown away
- If you have got clippings from all the Delhi papers reporting about our pandal program, why not duplicate and distribute to all the centers for their preaching propaganda?
- On this earthly planet there are so many cities. And in each city, there are so many newspapers. And each newspaper has got so many editions. This is the position of the material world. Now, think over the spiritual world
- Our London center has managed to have one local newspaper devote a two-page spread to a comic book feature of the story of Prahlada Maharaja as depicted by Gaurasundara and Govinda Dasi. This is very nice propaganda
- Paper is now in scarcity. Why? Because they're killing the trees and making this gramya-katha newspaper, bunch of. Useless. They are making profit
- Prajalpah, unnecessary gossiping. Just like people are wasting time taking one newspaper and talking for hours. These things should be avoided. And to associate with nondevotees. And greediness. These things should be avoided
- Since I have come to America in the last year (September 1965) I have traveled many parts of the country and some of the local papers have published articles on me and they have designated me as the Ambassador of Bhaktiyoga
- Someone wrote an article in the newspaper saying that "In America people had the idea that God had either died or gotten lost, but Bhaktivedanta Swami, within three months, has explained to the atheist sampradaya that God is existing within Hari-kirtana"
- Sometimes we get news from newspaper that a child is born. He is speaking about his previous birth. Perhaps you know. Sometimes it may be possible in extraordinary cases. But it is a fact. It is a fact that in my previous life I had also another body
- Sriman Bhagavan das is mailing out one newsletter of our activities to the Indian families in U.S.A. to gain their support, especially in Chicago. I have seen one copy and it is very nice
- Such work with the local newspapers as you are nicely doing is very good. Try to agitate as far as possible our activities. Always be engaged so that maya will not disturb you
- That is my practical experience. I got three inquiries, not even order. But the Times, New York Times, they have got millions of customers and millions of readers, but I got three inquiries
- The activities of Lord Visnu or Lord Krsna. That is hearing. Not that hearing the news in the newspaper, not that sort of hearing. Brahma-jijnasa. These things are statement in the Vedas
- The enclosed newspaper story, "Krishna followers freed from police harassment," is just further testimony of the great victory made by Caitanya Mahaprabhu in Chicago
- The new programs to spread up Lord Caitanya's message via the television, radio and newspaper is welcome. It is now the vogue to ventilate various topics for mass consumption via these media, so why not utilize them properly in Krsna's service?
- The other day I was reading in the, that paper, Moscow News, there was a congress, Communist congress, and the president declared that "We are ready to get others' experience to improve"
- The purpose of performing real religion is to attain attachment for hearing and chanting the messages of the kingdom of God. Materialistic people are attached to ordinary newspapers on account of their lack of spiritual consciousness
- This has already been foretold in one newspaper here by a Japanese philosopher who has predicted that our Krishna Consciousness Movement will become the world religion by 1981
- Those outside of the Krsna consciousness movement are interested in reading heaps of newspapers, magazines and novels, solving crossword puzzles and doing many other nonsensical things
- To read nonsense ordinary literature and books or newspaper is compared just like the pleasure place of the crows. The crows, they are very much attached to the rejected refuse, garbage
- To start a daily newspaper involves a proficient staff to manage as well as a good source of regular news
- We always advise, "Don't read newspaper. Don't read any other book," because it is full of gramya-katha. These externally very attractive news, we should avoid it completely. We shall simply talk of Krsna
- We are being so favorably presented everywhere by the media. Just today two editors of Indian newspapers have informed me of their intention to print special issues devoted to our Movement as well as give daily one article on our philosophy
- We are interested in advertising in the important daily Indian newspapers
- We have got enough source of knowledge, treasure house of knowledge, but we are reluctant. We are busy with the newspaper
- We hope we shall get very good response from the student community here, because one of the representatives of the student newspaper came to see me and there was nice discussion, and I hope a good report will come out
- We must always engage our minds in reading these Vedic literatures. Just as materialists engage their minds in reading newspapers, magazines & so many materialistic literatures, we must transfer our reading to these literatures